What useful tools might a post-apocalyptic scavenger carry...

What useful tools might a post-apocalyptic scavenger carry? (To identify the things he finds or anything else related to his 'work')

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovakia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ten foot pole

A small image which reminds him that he's doing it for his family.

>to identify the things he finds
Pre-apocalypse catalogs? Or something like Kelley's Blue Book but not only for cars.

As far as tools go, I'd say a sapper shovel, wire cutters,knife obviously,monkey wrench and screwdrivers for taking apart stuff, maybe a crowbar too.

Shovel, trowel, brush, geiger counter, canteen, duct tape, paper, pens/pencils, wrench, screwdriver, rope, magnet, lockpicks...

I was a scrapper for many years and my bag consisted of:
Sharp snips
Jimmybar
Multi-ratchet set
Magnetised screwdriver with LED and switch heads
Small LED torch with proud rear button that fits in my mouth
Magnifying lens with LED
Anti-static band
Multitool with needle-nose pliers
Hammer
Knife on belt

Antacids. Processed food will be out of date and cause distress in the guts, fresh foot will be without pesticides and for the average city dweller will be a shock to the system, again with indigestion and heartburn. Drinking water will be hard to come by so canned sodas, bottled juices and all that stuff will be the norm, at least when scavving.

Metric and Impriel wrench set.

These are all rather helpful, thanks!

The antistatic band is a good one, can easily ruin delicate equipment without one.

Pen and notebook too, not much but it can really help. And if you are doing some serious scavving, a pair of binoculars.

>Pic related, it's what I'll have when the world calls to shit, except the silencer.

Gloves. Like heavy duty insulative gloves.

Mirror. Maybe even one of those mirrors dentists use.

Bolt tied to a length of cloth.

Monocular, because binoculars are overrated.

>Anti-static band
neat, what was the anti static band for?

It stops the static charge in your body from ruining very delicate pieces of electronics, like minute computer parts or something.

Duct tape
20m of rope
Rubbing alcohol
Gauze
Clean rags
A hatchet if you are near a forested area
A fire starter (flint and steel is best)

A toolbox with tools.
Copper Wiring
Knife
Several kinds of Manuals, from car manuals to microwave instructions
And this manly ass tool.

A hatchet is useful regardless of where you are, best thing for taking a doorhandle off.

An atlas and various modestly-sized handbooks on guns, cars, plants, animals and other things he might find out on his runs, all heavily annotated with his own discoveries and musings.

A digital camera with as large a viewscreen and memory card as he can find, provided he has the means to charge it.

>An atlas
>Wut?

>Modestly-sized handbooks
>Wut?

There are also KBBs for guns.

This is why everybody needs a friend like /k/

>no innawoods lady edition
but how will I arm my female scavenger to fend off rapists?

You get your wife to do one. Here's my wifey

>crossbow
Why? Also in a post-apocalyptic situation, how important is it for a lone woman to hide her gender?

She's shot bows for a long time and is far more accurate and in a post-apoc women will be raped. You can lie all you want, but if your crush was lost and you could... you would if you could overpower her and finally get that chane without any negative reputation loss.

Alcohol. Not to drink, but to desinfect and burn. Although if hobos are any indication, you'll want to drink it just to pass all that free time you have, without tv, games, Veeky Forums...

Honey is nice. Lasts forever, has mild antibacterial properties, emergency calories and improves the bland taste of things you find.

A dog counts as a tool? Sure it's useful.

Not him, but a crossbow is silent, has no burst flash and you may get your ammo back. That also works for bows, but crossbows are easier to learn.

Look at Bosnia, Serbia, Czech Republic and Slovacia, all these urban combat zones had women being attacked all over, brutal rapes by soldiers on all sides. During the Ferguson Riots sex attacks (and general violence against women) sky rocketed, the same as every other time there has been mass protests and the fabric of society is distrubed. The mainstream media do not report on it though.

To be fair, in those cases there were some ideas of 'breeding' the opposing groups out, since in that part of the world ethnicity is determined by the father.

True, I also forgot to add a crowbar to the list.

>Czech Republic
>Slovavia
What? Are you thinking of Slovenia or Croatia or some other Yugoslav survivor?

What could work as a convincing makeshift geiger counter? I guess they're not that easy to find in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and I'm thinking in what ways could small communities detect radiation.

power bank, kindle with a fuck ton of textbooks/survival books, solar pannel charger. Head light, because fuck carrying a flashlight when you can have it on your head. Basic survival items + crowbar + basic tools. Hand charged flashlight just in case

Well I mean yeah I know that it would happen, and does but how important is it for a woman to disguise herself?

Where at, how lucrative?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovakia

Slovakia, it was a typo.

That only encourages further rapes. Hence why you would want your women to be hidden, safe and disguised and able to defend themselves effectively.

Not really possible. The thing with radioactive particles is that you dont really have many ways to tell if they are there. If you find a batch of dead shit among a bunch of living shit, keep the fuck away. Other than that, without a geiger counter you are fucked.

Nothing, they have to be able to dedect the presence of ion radiantion, it is not something that can be whipped up in a toolshed. They require inert gasses, sealed specific pressure enviroments inside the device and a constant charge going through it.

Czech here, we get that a lot. And by that I mean being confused with either Croatia or Chechnya a lot.

But from a First Worlder's point of view, you can say there's a lot of rape going on in the country - the thing is that by our cultural tradition getting girl drunk to bone her is considered acceptable. (Guys too, we're not judging.)

There really is no way to know, if there is radiation in the area there will be other clues rending the need of a geiger counter useless. Such as if there is a power plant nearby, some sort of waste storage site? In all of these cases there is a good chance you would be able to locate a geiger counter on site, but there don't normally function as they do in the movies with a rapid beeping upon detection of radiation. Most have a rotal rad count (Radiation absorbed dose) and function like badges which keep track of how much radiation a person has absorbed.

You would better off getting more boolits.

>tfw I worked with a Czech and my wife is part Czech.

Though Croatia too and epsecially Chechnya, not so much the former but definately the later in current years. Have to go back to the Yugoslav wars, which Im sure you can tell all was pretty brutal with several guys being convicted of genocide just recently.

A stone on a rope
A brick in a sock

>A stone on a rope
>A brick in a sock
>Bash him in the head
>Then you can flick his cock

It's weird that's were my mind went to isn't it?

Yeah I was wondering because I learned about the country's history because my paternal line is from there and met my 4th cousins.
Good folks, but then again I was only there for a week

A blowtorch if they can afford the fuel. Especially needed for those things you can't just pry off using a crowbar.
Bike lock to keep the things he can't lose attached to himself at all times.

I'd say it's important enough for a disguise to be a constant thing. One slip-up is all the chance some degenerate needs to take advantage of a woman, so I'd say remove that chance altogether by not even being a target in the first place.

No, we all know you're a faggot already.

You really aren't going to do shit to with a blowtorch if you meant to use it to get around locks and stuff. A plasma cutter, yes but a blowtorch? Not even close, not without a half dozen canisters refills.

But there probably wouldn't be such strong ethnic tensions as during the Balkan Wars.

>Yugoslav wars
>Not ethinc tensions
>Wut?

Dude there was genocide of peoples and ethnic cleansing.

McMaster Carr catalog.
Only half joking after reading

>there was genocide
indeed
>of peoples
arguable

Are you Radovan Karadzic?

At the very worst it could be used as a brick for a sock

No, I meant in a post-apocalyptic scenario. That wouldn't be one of the reasons behind rape when nations and race no longer matter.

Yes, yes it would. It would even worse as it could degenerate in to town vs town or as bad as street vs street in places like Houston or Chicago.

Simple off road motorcycle, no big storage or anything, just a high-milage, lightweight, mobile way to travel.

>slavs and blacks

Happens everywhere user, yeah, some peoples are predisposed to stealing the new pair of jordans and raping a woman.