youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N_ZgyNoHtjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So I finally bought my first model ever. I picked up a Leman Russ Demolisher and was curious if I could magnetize it so I could make it into any Leman Russ and not just a demolisher/executioner/whatever the third one on the box said.

For those who saw the nice new trailer for DoW 3.
Not a big fan of the airbrush overuse but still, nice diorama.

Sure you can. Just do your resear h beforehand, there are certainly tutorials to teach you how to do just that with that exact model, after rhat it's just a matter of choosing the right magnets and not going too fast.

God. Airbrushes are awesome but the noskill painters out there are using it to short cut.

>DoW 3.
WAT WEN

Silly user.

youtu.be/N_ZgyNoHtjw

I suggest you make a thread either here or on /v/ if you want to know everything. Base building is back. The few screenshots we've seen are underwhelming though, but we all hope it's just because it's pre-alpha.
Or follow their fb or twitter and read their stuff.

Kudos to the movie studio who made it (not Relic) for the eldar boney look.

I don't own an airbrush, so I'll have to just git gud, at least I'll have time with college done this year

i did it with this thing

All my tables and my whole [spoilers] college [/spoilers] room is my workstation

Why do Space Marine terminators/indomitus termie armour have two massive gaps in the back armour corners? It looks terrible, and makes no sense

Thinking of doing something like this as a warmer Ulthwe varient with gold/other metalic colour design replacing the gold and making some designs where I have the space.
Basecoat black, really dark brown undercoat and highlight deep red? Or go blacker than that?

More western styled take I'd also like to use in part with the above.

Where? Find a pic and circle it.

my phone camera makes my pics look too dark no matter what, I've tried different white balances and read the picture guide but nothing, pic related is on auto settings. I also have two pretty bright lamps shining on them

wat do

What phone u got?

LG Lucid 2

Have you tried camera+? It lets you set ISO, white balance, shutter speed manually. Also, you could try using a grey background instead of whte.

Has anybody got the painting white guide on the apothecary model/sanguine priest maybe? Cheers

my camera already lets me to this but to no avail. I might just pick up a cheap camera from a pawn shop, what should I look for? is any dedicated camera pretty much good enough? OP image says it is but we see how it turned out with my phone cam

Recommend me a knife guys.

Here, sorry I wasn't clear enough

They're only holes on the models. Look at some art and you'll usually see sensors and cameras and stuff in there.
There's holes on the models because it's easier to produce, probably.

Like this. There's a lens in the right hole. Still seems like a nice shot trap, though.

Yeah, the Eldar look fucking sick in the trailer. The entire trailer was awesome with all that Beksinski going on, too.

it's pretty obvious to the non-autismal that I'm asking for a budget camera to photograph miniatures

anyway pic related is mildly better I guess, still pretty distorted

Alternatively, it's in the BA oainting guide in the OP, and you can download the SM painting guide to look at the WS tutorial.

Didnt mean to quote

just realized chaos termis don't have those holes

loyalists blown out once again

Are you sure they're daylight lamp? With a white sheet in front of them to nicely diffuse the light?

For fuck's sake. They can't keep getting away with this!!!

I don't wanna be 'pls respond' user, but I realise I phrased my question poorly. I'm going for that kind of look. Does anyone have any experience or advice for a warm-ish black that would roughly be the colour of laquoured wood?

Does Army Painter have a Seraphim Sepia equivalent?

OKAY! After a deluge of IRL drama I am back at it much the "richer" and with way more "free" time.

I have taken the recommendation of numerous Veeky Forumsoloids and remove the old multi elbow arms and replaced them with a more conservative and purposeful set of arms all coming out of the torso athe the shoulder.
I didn't do them *quite* in the traditional sense with them coming out cascading down the side of the rib cage, but instead did them in a triangle sort of root at the torso arm mount point.
I will have just the one "Mark of Tzeentch" shoulder pad on the left group and have bare more defined shoulders on the exposed right group. The "hidden" arm with the kris and the lower pointing arm do not really allow for a shoulder pad, but I am okay with the idea.
As he *is* a CSM DP (as opposed to hailing from C:DoC like the other 2), and will be "Marked" instead of "Daemon of," I wanted to retain at least one shoulder pad.

I am much happier with how this is looking, so thank you Veeky Forumsrrlfr'ns!
What are yous thinking now?

Working on some orruks for my skaven AoS army.
I'm going to assume they just saw Boneripper on the battlefield and decided he was da biggest therefore da boss.
And thanquol has to speak with a different voice to give them orders, since they think Boneripper is the one in charge.

Won't open on the app I'm using for Veeky Forums, sorry! I'll do that from now on. Cheers for posting that for me

I didn't mind the screenshots, personally. I think with some actual particle effects going on, it won't look as static.

I just hope they use the improved engine from CoH2.

sorry to hear that, look forward to seeing this guy finished.

Demon Princes in CSM aren't marked anymore, they're Daemons Of now and have the accompanying extra cult rules that come with it.

Nice model, fluff made me smile. Keep it up, user

Chaos termies doesnt have it (miniature-wise)

Kris should be pointing the other way IMO (like, do a 180 around the wrist)

If you try to hold something behind your back like that it just doesn't really work.

>Demon Princes in CSM aren't marked anymore, they're Daemons Of now and have the accompanying extra cult rules that come with it.

Doh, that is a good point.

>Kris should be pointing the other way IMO

You are correct, I will correct that. I just have to keep in mind that wings will be back there too when I position it.

>Painting all that yellow
I know your pain.

>>Demon Princes in CSM aren't marked anymore, they're Daemons Of now and have the accompanying extra cult rules that come with it.
>Doh, that is a good point.

Well, I still think I want to keep that marked shoulder pad as the staff arm with the MoT head didn't make the nouveau arms cut.

*Flipped the kris hand and repositioned the arm slightly to compensate.

People who paint lots of yellow should buy an airbrush

Building my own wizard for Frostgrave.

looks awesome!
what are you doing for hands/held items?

Orruks Ardboyz converted to crusaders, cutting tusks off helmets, giving them GS tabards and knightly weapons, yes or no? Apart from a bucket type helmet what else could I do?

Right arm will be free, but I'm going to put a bow in the left hand. I've actually got that sculpted but I'm just waiting for the greenstuff to harden.

Also going to add a quiver to her hip and a short sword to her back, with the possibility of some small etched brass leaves and/or ivy thrown in on the clothing.

I want to fuck your wizard.

>tfw I ordered an Archon, a Haemonculus, a Raider, Ravager, a Venom, Scourges, Talos, Chronos, Reavers, chinacast Incubi, and a chinacast Succubus
>tfw I still have to paint 10 pathfinders, a riptide, Kaldor Draigo, and 3 crisis suits

POST YOUR BACKLOGS

Unbuilt:
5 tallarn heavy weapons teams
1 tallarn sniper team
1 Macharius Vulcan

Unpainted:
1 tallarn heavy weapons team
8 converted tallarn veterans

In progress:
1 space marine tactical squad
1 space marine commander

It could be worse, it could be better. I can't motivate myself to build the Macharius as its a naughty china ripoff and I know it'll be lots of work

>1 tac marines box and a half
>2 complete ogryngs boxes
>1 box of 20 eisenkhzrn heavy troopers
>1 stormsomething/flying potato
>15 orks boys
>1 trukk
>1 Wartrakk
>2 ork buggys
>1 farseer
>1 Painboy
>1 Archaon on foot
>1 metal Termie Chaplain
>1 metal Chaos Champion from Gamesday
>1 Jonny
>about 15 metal veterans SM
>1 Metal Pedro Kantor
>1 Metal Techmarine
>1 squad of assault terminators
>1 Imperial Marine

Jesus christ, never realised, send help.

>80 clanrats
>5 stormfiends
>3 rat ogres
>1 hell pit abomination
>thanquol
>1 metal warp cannon
>1 plastic warp cannon
>1 doomwheel
>2 skaven standard bearers
>2 skaven warlock engineers
>2 ratling weapon teams
>2 warp throwers weapon teams
>3 poisoned wind mortar weapon teams
>1 warp grinder weapon team
>1 Throt the Unclean
>1 Packmaster
>10 Death Company Marines
>10 BA Tactical Marines
>1 Land Raider
>4 Orruk Brutes
>1 Relic Hunters Malifaux box
>1 Malifaux Peacekeeper
Help

Three years ago I vaticined that GW was going to do some horrible shit to warhammer, so I bought the entire range of miniatures of the two armies I always wanted to have since I was a kid: Vampire Counts and Eldar, just in case GW suddenly decided to send everything OOP.

So my backlog is basically

90% of the entire Eldar army
70% of the entire VC army
3-4 larger scale models for showcase

Oh boy. Everything is built just needs painting.
- 130 Orc Warriors, about 50 which I am painting right now.
- 50 Night Gobs
- 5 Boar Boys
- 100 Renegade Militia
- 30 Chaos Marines
- 2 Dreadnoughts
- 175 Skeletons
- A dozen or so random infinity guys

>2 Deathwatch Overkill Genestealer Cults
>1 Deathwatch Overkill Deathwatch set
>Tau Retaliation Cadre
>4 Black Templar Land Raiders
>30 Black Templar Marines
>x 2 Betrayal at Calth Marine sets
>6000 point Chaos Warrior Warhammer Fantasy army
>4 Necromunda Gangs
>3 Mordhiem / Frostgrave gang
>Orruk boss, Orruk Bosses
>3000k Warhammer Fantasy Battles Tomb Kings
>43 Space Hulk Genestealers
>Shield of Baal Tyranid set
>3 boxes of Tempestus Scions
>several Infinity boxes
>Battlefleet Gothic Space Marines fleet
>Epic 40,000 Space Marine army
>Imperator Titan
>much more stuff than I can list

just no more... no fucking more. I have a disease

i cant keep up with my stuff anymore. i really have over 100 boxes i havent touched yet apart from looking at the sprue and maybe taking a bit for conversions... :( i cant keep up with it even though i work at the source

>fucking everything

All these backlogs...
Any chance you glorified hoarders have a necrosphinx for a fellow user?

How do you afford these things?

We all have a disease user, it's depression.

>be single
>be 35
>have a six figure income
>have your mortage 9/10ths paid off
>Have a small group of 6 friends

I literally have nothing else to spend my cash on

two rhinos
ten tactical marines
chaplain
three terminators
a half-built set of fuel silos
....the entire overkill box set

>Single
>at 35
>with a six figure job

user, what happened? You became a lawyer or something?
That kinda gives the image of the stereotyped rich playboy who's alone and depressed in his big house.

>10 Converted Auxilia Firewarriors
>2 Broadsides
>Ripside Conversion
>3 Stealth Suits
>Repainting about 1750pts of old Tau Models
>5 Squads of Cadians
>3 Heavy Weapons Teams
>3 Sentinel Conversions
>Inquisitor and Six man retinue + Servo Skulls
>Enginseer
>4 Leman Russ

Don't start more than one army at a time, kids. DON'T DO IT.

>Jay Gatsby playing 40k with himself
>2 full Den of Imaginantion commissioned armies on the table
>Amazingly hyper-realistic Realm of Battle Board
>all other full Den of Imagination commissioned armies in display cases on the walls

Or somebody who just divorced from childless marriage and was smart enough to have a prenup.

Tech nerd, run my own Department at a large blue chip comp

I'm not actually that much of an uggo, i've just never been one for the ladies...

>rich playboy who's alone and depressed in his big house

This is accurate, except i'm not alone, i have a cat and literally thousands of little plastic army dudes... Ah hehehehe... Ehhhhh

C'mere little penguin, we're here for you.

>6 Bloodletters
>3 Flamers
>5 Seekers, riders and all
>Soul Grinder legs
>Magnetization of Herald on Disk
>20 zombies
>20 skeletons, unassembled
>20 ghouls, unassembled
>10 mummies
>Magnetizing arms for Frostgrave warband
>20 Frostgrave cultists
>A couple of dudes in blisters
Typing this all out made me realize that I really need to stop posting here and start painting

>i'm not alone, i have a cat and literally thousands of little plastic army dudes... Ah hehehehe... Ehhhhh
>tfw

Six figures is playboy to you?

Wtf. That's affluent or upper middle class, not retarded rich.

How poor are you?

>How poor are you?
12k a year when converted to USD, it's above average wage in my country.

Holy shit. Eastern Europe? I imagine that it must be kind of comfy riding your mule to the local game club with 2000 points of guardsman strapped to the ass along with a few bundles of hay.

what is wrong with you?

He's a child of the Internet and can't actually perceive people he interacts with over the web as another human being

Median salary is 2300 euros per month in France. So yes, a 6 figures job is basically putting you into the top 10% easily.
We earn less but the prices are less outrageous, very generaly speaking.

Whiners. "boohoo my country is fucking terrible"Enjoy the third world.

I'm going to spend my 30k/year made delivering pizzas on booze and hard drugs.

Just a note - by median salary do you mean actual median salary or average salary? There's a bit of uncertainty in the terminology sometimes.

>>Jay Gatsby playing 40k with himself
>when he gets bored he plays against Tom Buchanan

See, I could make 30k a year delivering hard drugs on pizzas and booze too, I just don't feel comfortable about the whole jail idea.

livin the dream

>Tom has some THIN YOUR PAINTS quality space marine army, not even an actual chapter, just complimenting colors slathered onto the minis

Dead neat. Are you gonna do wings?

Actual median salary, better indicator imo.
Just checked, median is 2300, and average is roughly 2400 per month. Net obviously. And we don't get tax refunds like the US.

>POST YOUR BACKLOGS

Since I put together this collage, I realized the mess on my desk appears twice. Just imagine that replaced by a Deathwatch: Overkill set and four or five extra copies of Antor Delassio (the Deathwatch Blood Angel).

Dude, get a doctor or something. I mean, I'm jelly of your revered and voluptuous backlog, and at the same time, not so much.

Yeah, average usually comes out a bit higher higher than media, that's why I'm checking.

>Orlock with heavy flamer
>Orlock with hunting rifle
>Orlock with sword and bolt pistol
>Orlock with club and autopistol
>Several juves in bits (sort of)
Could be worse.

I'm thinking of starting a Van Saar gang by either converting from Eldar Guardians or from the new Genestealer hybrids with proper heads. Somebody stop me.

Whiners is what is wrong with you?

Is there a story behind this pic, or no?

If not, then I'm going to call him Commissar FeelGood.

Sorry user.

I got snake men (tomb guard I think they're called) no Sphinx

anyone have the email for z? i lost it and am looking to get a big order

Yes.
[email protected]

Nice try, geedubs

because gw could shut him down from just his email. fucktard