Color Scheme

Post your color scheme
>pic related
It's my Serpents chapter

Other urls found in this thread:

lord-of-the-guns.deviantart.com/art/The-Emperor-Protects-604730351?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These are the one i've got planned

and this is their insignia

Didnt you just take preexisting lore and call it your own?

IRL the turquoise is much more muted.

>serpent
damn i spend like 20min thinking about a name too. Do you write your own fluff for your chapter too?

Yee. You can totally make your own if you want, though. It's not like there's a copyright or anything.

>The Serpent Lords are a warband in the Hadryn Sector near the Halo Stars, and zealously serve all four Chaos gods
>Composed of twelve separate Orders (Companies) that operate across the sector, and each have different specialties
>Led by a single High Priest and a council of 12 Lords (one of each Order)
>Place massive importance on prophecy and divination, and do not undertake any action that is not ordained by the fates
>All members of the Serpent Lords are Soul-Bound to obey their Lord and the High Priest, and cannot disobey a direct order from either without rapidly degenerating into a Chaos Spawn over the course of weeks. This means that Serpent Lords share an unusually powerful bond between one another, and can sometimes even form legitimate friendships (though betrayals can and still do occasionally occur).
>The High Priest has both bound and is in turn bound by a Daemon Prince of each Chaos God - in exchange for the promise of his immortal soul should he fail, the Daemon Princes vouch for the Serpent Lords to their respective god and guide the development of the warband into a potent fighting force. in reality, it's a constant, razor-edge battle of wits between the five of them, each trying to outsmart the other and pull the chapter towards its own ends, with none able to gain a permanent edge over the other.
>Because of this, the High Priest is almost always too busy to lead the Serpent Lords to battle except in the most grievous of circumstances, and the Warband is instead run by the Conclave, where each Lord meets with the High Priest and is assigned their next mission every 260 Terran years.
>Ritual sacrifice of prisoners and autosacrifice are important parts of Serpent Lords tradition, and there is a strong belief that in order to receive gifts from the Gods you must give something in return

Les Chevaliers de l'Ordre de l'Ange de Vindication, or the Angels of Vindication in low-tongue.

My personal orange marines, Dusk Wardens. They are little Deathwatch snowflakes I learned to love.

You forgot the black gauntlets again

I haven't actually painted their pauldrons with the off-white yet because I don't know what color to do.

Also not sure on the eyes.

He did. It's the Dark Hands chapter.

This was the colour scheme I used when I still played 40k. They were the Dragoons.

I also wrote a whole bunch of fluff about them, primarily to explain why I had so many Terminators and Dreadnoughts (They found them on a space hulk)

Yellow or orange, I think.

I aspire to make something as glorious as you, sir

For the eyes?

Hmm, I could try that.

I really like this one. nice job user

Thanks, mate. Chapter generator is da best.

That's not the most horrible thing. People like to play as canon chapters - why not flesh out your minor chapter a little?

I took the Order of the Blue Robe, a minor Sisters Order, and decided that they were grimdark UN peacekeepers - they found heresy within, smashed and burned it, and left some sisters to act as peacekeepers to make sure heresy wouldn't spring up in that area again.

there are no limits

Thats pretty fucking lame of you OP

Well I made the chapter, but the art is from some based unknown drawfriend.

If you don't mind me asking I'd love to know how you went about making your chapter - like was it something you rolled off on a table for or it was purely something you wrote up?

there is a difference between fleshing out a minor bit of lore, and blatantly stealing a color scheme and insignia but changing the name.

Void Whales...FOR THE EMPEROR..FOR THE WHALE!

Wrote up. Basically I was looking at my surname's coat of arms one day, just finished a reading several books on the Middle Ages, and decided that a Dark Angles successor chapter based on the Normans would be pretty kick-ass. Haven't finished them yet, as I've been constantly making short drafts then scrapping and rewriting stuff for at least a year.

I'm not really sure if that's what's going on. I mean, they're called the Dark Hands. The colorshceme has black gauntlets, which differs from OP's pic.

>tfw my family name is too generic to have a coat of arms

They were already established in the fluff, OP wanted to make them his own by writing all of the fluff for them. Basically wants to take his headcannon and call it the truth

What's the problem with that? 40k is a game about your own headcanon. Additionally, rarely Chapters with the same names are raised by mistake or maybe because High Lords want to rebuild Chapter that was lost or decimated.

Everybody has a coat of arms user. Well, anybody with a European last name.

Thing is they have no lore other than the fact that they helped the Exorcists one time.

That's swell

A chapter i'm working on, based on French Knights and Napoleonic Armies, meant to be sort of like a Brettonia in space. They direct rule their worlds (though in truth they leave governors in charge for the most part) and have an Emperors Children-esque appreciation for art, music, fine cuisine, etc.

Their chapter is made up entirely of nobles, probably second or third son's. Much like the Ultramarines (i'm even thinking of making them an aberrant ultra successor) having a son or relative in the Chapter is a matter of great social status in the system.

Should a peasant prove themselves worthy somehow in the yearly games (think the Hunger Games with 12 year olds) they are also permitted to attempt to join, and if they survive training and implanting their families are elevated to Nobility.

People whose son's die horribly are sent a nice fruit basket.

Thanks. Hopefully one day I'll actually paint a couple.

Good luck, user. Lions color scheme looks very hard to paint with proper shading, clear colors and highlights.

What kind of fruit? Is there a lime in it?

The Knight Owls
Yes, I know the paint is a little thick, this was just a mock up to see what the metallic blue paint I had looked like.

NO, PERFIDIOUS ALBION

>hey guys just let my post my chapter colourscheme here and then pretend to be someone asking about the chapter's lore

kill yourself

The Sight Blinders. How can an enemy face a foe that they cannot gaze upon?

Looks nice and trimming is neat

Can you show us on the dolly where you were anally violated?

Not him but every time you post your Chevaliers, somebody conveniently asks about their bad lore. And man, your lore is bad, but you are trying to post it at every opportunity in our drawfag threads.

Of course I do. DIY Chapters being shoved down your throat like a spork is a 40k ritual.

Looks like one of those voltron Bionicles you could build with three or whatever different sets and put them together

I still can't find time to flesh them out.

Overall Chevaliers sounded like Coldsteel of OC marines, stereotypical dudes of young player. They are good at everything, they are numerous like old Black Templars without drawbacks. They have a lot of ancient tech toys and rare armor, even more than their parent chapter particulary known for that. They are super noble, have children and establish aristocratic line of super nobles. Chevaliers are special in every way and always good at that. They look like child attempt to portray all things he likes (in your case chivalry, knights and feudalism, maybe you are a fan of Imperial Knights too) and insert them in 40k. You missed the part separating static model from character. Character acts, he has demeanor and personality. Some characters are assholes and kill civilians, some help people in need and sacrifice themselves bravely, others seek to purge weakness ashamed by their history. They all do stuff for reasons.

Why am I writing this? I remember your chapter because they stroke me as hilariously bad long time ago. Fluff is stereotypical child power fantasy, it's a farce. This is probably the first time you receive feedback from other person.

Wut.

They don't have children and don't establish lines. Astartes are impotent and thus can't really sire children unless a neophyte has a wild fling although that would be uncommon as fuck.

Wait one god damn second, has somebody been posing as me?

You lucky motherfucker, that looks like Blazbaros piece.

Dawn Bearers
>black scheme because they are tacticool and like flyers
>gold/yellow highlights because they bring the Emperor's light to the galaxy

I've got some basic fluff, but my favorite part is their battle cry
Battle Cry: Death to the Fallen
Response: Light for the Lost

Reminds me, whatever happened to that game that Duke guy was working on?

GW took it down

Nuked by GW at first, then Duke gave out after going 'totally not about space marines' excuse. Now some folks over bay12 took over. Also one other person that I forgot I think.

Because he is trying to replace GW lore with his head cannon. Of it was a larger chapter or warband it would be more obvious but he went with a smaller one instead of just being original and making his own

>Because he is trying to replace GW lore with his head cannon.
So what? GW gave players opportunity for that. 2 missing legions, reborn Chapters, they said it themselves.

Look, it's a chapter with a colorscheme and two battles under its belt - and in both cases, we get no indication of what tactics they use, or even their founding chapter.

If they took the Blood Swords, and decided that they wanted them to be an Imperial Fists chapter with a non-dreadnought Chapter Master, I'd say your complaint is more legitimate. But if there's barely anything there, what's the problem? They have a colorscheme and symbol that he likes, and he wants to flesh them out under his own terms.

I'm unsure actually. I haven't seen it on his DA account and it doesn't look exactly like his style. I still haven't found the name of the glorious drawfriend who did it.

Some browsing says it's by a guy called Lord-Of-The-Guns.

lord-of-the-guns.deviantart.com/art/The-Emperor-Protects-604730351?

I recognize some of his stuff from recent drawthreads, and he's pretty good overall.

Blinders are smalltime.

Gotta keep those UVs consistant

That's nice, but I feel like there's a Smurf successor with a similar scheme

There is. Marines Errant or Novamarines, one of those guys. They don't have the red shoulder though.

Brother?

I hope this thread never dies, like the 5 year old ones on drawfag central