The Dark Hands

These guys have only a tiny smidge of fluff and i was considering building an army because i like their colors.

The only bits of lore i could find was that they are codex compliant, and that helped the Exorcists in a campaign against Chaos.

Could we perhaps make just a little bit of lore for them.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Hands
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is litterally the only knowledge on these guys.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Hands

Possible relation?

Want to make them Iron Hands successors, Imperial Fists successors, or the ever tantalizing white sheep successors of a now-heretical Legion?

Maybe they stem fom the same chapter and be like the Black/white consuls in that regard.

Maybe they could be from the Iron warriors geneseed but noone really knows and most people just think they're either Iron hands or Imperial fists.

Dude, make them Emperor's Children successors, their black hands and dull colors penance for the heretical thrill ride Fulgrim nearly forced them upon during the Horus Heresy.
>and so the Captain, who built such majestic wonders for his once-lord Fulgrim, of peerless beauty matched only by those fallen brethren of Ruinous heresy, cast such wicked inventions into the promethium blaze set before him. And then, prostrated before the spirit of the Emperor he had failed, he drove his hands into the fire, an agonizing heat consuming them, blackened by his penance. He was again worthy of leading under the light of the Emperor - more worthy than his traitor-liege. Those surviving, true Emperor's Children who followed him back to the grace of His Majesty, black hands in honor of their Captain - their Chapter Master's sacrifice, would once again defend the righteous destiny of mankind as the Dark Hands.

Or - third option that is now possible - they are descendants of a Blackshield force from the Horus Heresy that eventually merged itself back into the Imperial war machine, and became a Second+ Founding chapter of Space Marines.

How about this: The Dark Hands are trying to erode themselves from history and just be forgotten as their way of earning penance.

While the Emperor's Hands are trying to earn glory in the name of the Emperor so that people will remember them as majestic heroes instead of remnants of the Emperors children.

They often help each other, and for every Emperor's Hand that defeats a chaos lord in glorious combat, A Dark Hand defeats one from far away in a hidden location unknown to all others.

Or maybe...they're Ultramarine successors and get their symbol and traditions from their homeworld.

But that's no fun

Maybe we could do their scheme like this

And this

Whats the point calling them dark hands then?
This is great

oh yeah is missed the hand part because I am an idiot, i shall now refer to myself as Handless Idiot.

Also they seem to use a different symbol for armor.

I like these.

I mean, should we try rolling on the 1d4chan tables to give them some distinct traits?

Let's just go through the tables and give our own answers.

So tell me, why were the chapters founded.

also I'm gonna have to sleep soon so if another can take over asking the questions that'd be great.

Dang I fucked up the name!

I'll say Crusade.

I still think this is best, honestly.

any ideas for the captain's/chapter master's name? and/or naming conventions for name characters OP could use?