EDH/Commander General

Jund edition

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mimeoplasm-reanimator-battlecruiser/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/newdrazi-processor/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-purger-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prossh-combocontrol/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fun times, fun times in Cleveland.

>not actually in cleveland

Your Sidisi deck sounds like the one my friend has, but his is a race to shit out zombies and kill everyone before he decks himself

It is a fun deck, but I don't really feel the need to go full aggro with it. I swing with the zombies I get, but I'm not running lords or anything.

Post em lads
who do you hate?
who would you play with?
who would you fuck and never call back?

I just left a group. My only consistent group is two guys. Nekusar and Crosis. I am the only one with multiple decks.

>playing Pimp Daddy Purph
>T1 Mountain into Sol Ring and Jitte
>T2 Mass Hysteria, Goblin Lackey with Jitte pinging to get Krenko on the field

That game was over fast

Damn dude, that sucks. What are you runnin my main mang?

These piles right here:

And eh, it isn't so bad. It is pretty comfy playing with those guys. Another guy has Omnath Rage, but he doesn't show up as often.

As for quitting the other group, I started going to this group that met at a bar in town. But it was maddening, they played gigantic casual games (like 6 or 5 people) but had literally no threat assessment. You'd get these 3-5 hour EDH games that end in a guy just comboing off.

It wasn't fun. Another game, a guy dropped Jokulhaups without anything on the board. Literally every single person had nothing on the board. It accomplished nothing. When people asked what the card did, the guy said "It destroys all artifacts, creatures and... lands. Didn't know it destroyed lands too. Oh well."

Ugh. Maddening. There was a Rhystic Study that people were literally not paying the one for, even when they had 0 cards in hand and 15 lands in play.

Anyway, hopefully, there's this other group that invited me to group me that should work out.

Any fa/tg/uys have any ideas on how to make my Memeoplasm deck meaner?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mimeoplasm-reanimator-battlecruiser/

>a guy dropped Jokulhaups without anything on the board

how can i abuse this

I see no piles...
Holy shit that is major suffering. I hope to god your next group isn't just some giant slugfest like the last.
I personally hate any games of EDH that are longer than 1-2 hours. 5 man games I can handle but Jesus Christ I would kill someone before saying yes to playing with more than that without some kind of variant like the Kingdom one or whatever it's called.

>Another game, a guy dropped Jokulhaups without anything on the board. Literally every single person had nothing on the board. It accomplished nothing. When people asked what the card did, the guy said "It destroys all artifacts, creatures and... lands. Didn't know it destroyed lands too. Oh well."

This pisses me off to no end...

by playing evolutionary leap instead.

I actually like long games, but for god's sake, when you tell people to run their most janky deck because we're doing 6 man Planechase, you really don't want the game to end with someone tutoring Basalt Monolith to make infinite mana.

Sorry, I thought since you were running Geralf, the Rings of Brighthearth was for fun things, not this shit.

Where do I find groups that play EDH? I saw some game stores in my area, but all they said they do on their website is play Modern and Standard.

Red has a few creatures with haste that are sacrificed at end of round. Eldrazi Spawn token creatures that can be sacrificed for mana.

They're probably talking about the sanctioned tournaments they run. Call the stores up and ask if they have an EDH night, or if there's a particular night casuals turn up, etc.

Evoke, Echo, Ball Lightnings, Eldrazi Spawn

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/newdrazi-processor/

looking for feedback. exiling and processing themed.

Recommend a guy with no ideas and nothing to lose a fun commander.

I was a bit manic sunday night, and stayed up until like noon building Alesha. I have no idea why or if it's any good, and I have no idea if it's actually got a wincon besides "turn sideways for value". I know need to grab that demon that puts people to 1 when it isn't blocked.

Is Alesha even any good?

I have some token guys like Kathari Bomber and Ophiomancer, weird card draw like Paladin of LimDul and Vulturous Aven, removal like Faceless Butcher and Fiend Hunter, and weird/good shit like Stigma Lasher and Raving Dead.

Noyan Dar cantrips&control

Ashnod's Altar
Phyrexian Altar

Throwing things tribal.
Commander has never been as fun as when you throw a serra avatar at someone and follow it up by recurring her with karmic guide with double the power the following turn and throwing her again!

>Oh hey I have a Sek'Kuar deck, this is my thread
>TappedOut goes down when I go to get a list
Anyone have any good arts that could be used for Graveborn tokens? I just use 3/1 Elementals usually.

Dice
or you know print these out as tokens.

Yellow gets kinda butthurt if anyone does anything to interact with him(hence he plays sigarda)

Ok /edh/ so I have a question on wording/ruling. I run the Melira + Persist + Sac outlet combo in my Prossh deck and I know it works, used it in modern pod before it was banned and in this deck for the longest time. Tonight I was playing with a group and had Melira, redcap and Falkenrath Aristocrat on the battlefield (with some other shenanigans). I didn't combo out right away just in case someone had an answer and to let the game go a little longer for fun. When I finally cracked it after an overloaded cyclonic rift from the Jace player player, he started bitching about how the combo doesn't work because redcap enters with the -1/-1 counter and it's not placed on him. The rest of us and the local judge, who was also in the game, explained that it did work but this guy was persistent and cried about it until he finally gave in because none of us could give him the exact wording on why it works. Now again I know it does but I can slightly understand the confusion with how it is worded. Does anyone have the exact reason why this particular combo works just in case this ever pops up again so my response isn't "It just does fgt!' Thanks in advance

I will post my Prossh list here in a bit, posted it a few times but just did a huge retool and need to update tapped out.

When the murderous redcap dies, it's persist ability triggers checking to see if if has a -1/-1 counter on it. If it doesn't, it then brings it back and places a -1/-1 counter on it-- or at least it would, if Melira wasn't on the battlefield. But Melira states that -1/-1 counters cannot in any way be place on your creatures. Period. End of story. BSZ?-- nope. Skin Render?--nah. Persist is no different. Therefore the redcap returns with no counters on it allowing you to sac it again. Repeat ad nauseam.

Oh boy he must be the most fun.
Which one are you (I hope you're Blue, Orange, Purple, or Green since they all seem like total bros.)

I'm blue

Reki is the shit. A fellow player in our group runs him and he is nothing but gas. The guy always has 5+ cards at most stages in the game and I get to see some favorite obscure legends. Love playing against it.

Got a Basandra list btw?

Speaking of the burger was it like this?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-purger-2/

Auto-correct purger

Check the comprehensive rules for cards entering the Battlefield, I think it mentions how "comes into play with" functions. I'd do it myself, but I'm on my phone.

I need copies 2-5 of well of lost dreams for a deck that has a life gain subtheme. Ideas?

Things that are not putting counters on dudes that proc off of life gain effects.

>but this guy was persistent
>persistent

You're a bro. Which one of your commanders is the most fun to play with and which one is most fun to play against?

Ok cool thanks I figured as much but it's nice to have exactly how it works then next time someone tried to pull thins nonsense.

I tried but I couldn't seem to find the exact ruling on it. I'm going to check again later so I have it for future reference.

Ha thanks for catching that I was hoping someone would!

And just in case anyone care here is the decklist. It's pretty much a jund control shell with infinite combos scattered about. I still need Phyrexina Altar to complete the infinite shenanigans.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prossh-combocontrol/

My personal favorite deck to play is Azami. My playgroup enjoys playing against Ghave or Edric.

>enjoys playing against Ghave

What's it like being that full of shit?

any more fun things i can add to pic related already running ulamog's crusher, ulamog's pathrazer and it that betray

Because everyone ganged up on you?

I'm not making it up that's what they actually say.

Some people like playing against strong decks you moron. Some people like a thought provoking game of interactive magic where they stop combos and proceed to pressure the opponent. What's it like being so retarded that you can't understand that.

I bet you think Craterhoof should be banned too.

?*

Sure buddy

I don't give a fuck about Craterhoof

There is nothing thought provoking about Ghave. He is nothing but half of a hundred 2 card combos. I'd rather play against Narset or Wanderer because they're generally more interactive than "oops, another combo xDd"

Ghave is boring shit

I guess you know my close friends better than I do

Void Winnover, Artisan of Kozilek, Ward of Bones, Disc, Darksteel Forge, Overburden, Sunken Hope

Forgot to add Quicksilver Fountain

i feel like wanderer is the least interactive

removal just lets him cascade again
board wipes just let him cascade again
counterspells just let him cascade again

ghave combos are mostly based on artifacts enchantments and creatures so lots of options to disrupt

>Serra Avatar
>Recurring from a graveyard

>Your opinion is objectively wrong
Jesus, and you think that guy was full of shit. Calm down, buddy.

Do you realize Serra Avatar shuffles into library?
I play Stoutarm too, and I can read the cards too.
Don't enforce the fact that Boros players can't read.

Besides, throwing Yosei at someone and Vatting it on death is much more fun.

Alesha is allright, she enables pretty nice strategies. Strong choices are some ETB-creatures, like Bone Shredder. I like Alesha, since the strategies are kinda like with Shirei, but less narrow.

>Junk edition
try harder Orobo Shill

>Boros players can't read
I had a guy windmill slam a Boros Charm a few days ago in response to myself declaring I was targeting 5 of his lands with OG Karn while Mycosynth was on the field. I explained how it works and let him take it back though.

I think that it works about like this:
Melira sees Redcap without -1/-1 counter, and when Redcap dies and the Persist triggers, Redcap returns to the battlefield without the counter, as Melira doesn't allow them, as Redcap is a new object that would come with the counter.
I think that Melira's ability says that -1/-1 counters cannot be placed on your creatures and they cannot have them, even though Melira doesn't remove the already existing ones.
English isn't my first language so just bear with me.

I'm running Mycosynth Lettuce+March of the Machines combo with Master of Etherium in my Memnarch and have too much fun with it.
I have found my calling, I think the premise of EDH is to destroy resources and prevent others from playing the game.

Right there under counter rules.
>121.6. Some spells and abilities refer to counters being “placed” on an object. This refers to putting counters on that object while it’s on the battlefield and also to an object that’s given counters as it enters the battlefield.
ANYTHING AT ALL that means you have to physically place counters onto an object that didn't have them before counts as "placing" counters. Entering the battlefield with counters is no different.

>the premise of EDH is to destroy resources and prevent others from playing the game
You are a toilet person

I've also done quite a lot of this lately, though for a different reason. My local meta has gotten a lot more combo and goodstuff oriented so I needed a control deck to keep it in check, keeping mana up for 2-3 other players spells is near impossible so I figured the best way to stop them from casting spells was to blow up lands.

>targeting 5 of his lands with OG Karn while Mycosynth was on the field
That's harsh. Did he stab your grandma or something?

It was a 1v1 game, he was going to cast Aurelia the next turn, granted he hit another land drop.

Well, it's the most reliable way to win, and besides, I feed on their despair.
I enjoy playing that way. I think it's fun and I get to think.

Oh well you never said it was 1v1, that makes way more sense

I really want to make a deck based on all these new spirit cards. Blue and white are the good colors right? Any advise on a commander for such a deck?

What are some actual wincons for Melek? I feel like he's just cantrips and topdeck manipulation into Grapeshot

Basically. I just generate infinite mana with Filigree Sages and Doubling Cube and use that to copy Sphinx-Bone wand and then just cast and draw and burn and cast and draw and burn and so on and so on until the inevitable heat death of the universe.

Well you just described one of them you dingle

Rite of Replication a fatty
Mystical Tutor for High Tide/Turnabout and go off with Mind's Desire
Fireball for a lot

I'm psyched /edhg/, for today I'm heading back to my Uni to play magic with some old school chums.

It's probably gonna devolve into an awful circle jerk of self-loathing and desire for death.

How much of a dick move would be running shit like rest in peace, cursed totem and torpor orb in multiplayer?

It's not like I would be playing it in a UW control deck with stax effects and no win condition.

Probably geist of Saint traft or brago, depending on if you want to abuse enter the battlefield effects or not.

put it this way, it could be worse. I myself run bitter ordeal in a Phenax mill deck :)

no wincons allowed

They're all permanent types that people commonly run answers for. If somebody can't deal with one and it hoses their deck, their deck is shit anway. There's nothing inherently dickish about any of those cards.

I'm running Armageddon, Torpor Orb, Overburden and Blind Obedience in my creatureless Narset deck.

I never see anyone run Mana Web. Use Mana Web.

Mana Web is glorious in Kazuul

I really want a mana drain for my deck, but I don't want to burn 250 for one. I really hope it gets a reprint in eternal masters.

Thinking about turning my meren deck into little teysa. I like meren but her early game is pretty awful and everyone seems to play her, so half the time I'll play a different deck anyway. How strong is teysa compared? Thoughts?

Just bought a bunch of cards to make Karador, Ghost Chieftan. Is this a good choice for multiplayer commander?

Solid enough. He generates decent value and while he is somewhat vulnerable to GY hate, he doesn't give you incentive to go all-in on your graveyard so you should never be losing much resources if somebody exiles your shit, just rebuild and get value off of Karador again.

Needs updating, but I'm too lazy.

Gate to the AEther

Yes, he's absolutely bonkers. Assuming your meta doesn't run hate too much. Dredge cards are important and useful.

Hes very high power in the right meta. Unfortunately if there is a monoblack player who likes to sideboard he becomes less good.

At least you didn't make him Warrior tribal

Oldamog?

Recently build pic related and it is pretty fun, I built it for a french setting like a loser,
I built with more of a dragon idea in mind and opted out of running traditional infinite combos.

>fun
Omen Machine

Thanks. Not a lot of options for spirits right now huh?

If you wanted to be in esper for Lingering Souls and other black spirits that might be strong, but def. a flavor deal breaker from the command zone.

I just like all the trenchcoat ghosts with lanterns. I hope in the next block they get a more thematic commander.

does "mana of any color" count for colorless gatewatch mana?

>does coloured mana count for colourless

Seriously?

>colorless
>-less meaning without
>without color
>is something that is without color a color?

well that's why i asked. i need wastes mana to cast my eldrazi?

That is wrong based on the rules, on what the word colorless means, and on the design of the use of colorless mana that showed up in Oath of the Gatewatch.