Whats Princess Space Kitten gonna do?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
teamcovenant.com/blog/category/netrunner-lcg/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/android-netrunner
stimhack.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Thanks for the responses. So it's basically:
Game plan -> cards that support game plan -> economy -> add-ons
I guess that means splashing out of faction cards first if they contribute the most then?

Going to be playing in my first tournament next week (only a game night kit). Have only played kitchen table matches with a couple of mates previously. Any general tips for playing competitions? Have a good sense of the card pool, so that'll be fine. Meta will be unknown which is also fine. Don't want to commit any faux pas while I'm there.

A bit more on topic: really excited to try out bazaar in my spy camera geist deck once it drops at my lgs (aussie bro so shipping is slow)

Don't play to win, just play to have fun.

That isn't to say play to lose but just make sure you're having fun rather than stressing over every move or you'll overthink it

That's the plan! I'm not expecting to set the world on fire. It's a small tournament, so I'm just hoping to get a promo of some kind. I'll report back on my results in the general next week.

Good luck! What decks are you thinking of bringing if you don't mind sharing

Thanks. Don't have the exact lists on mobile. On the runner side I'm going with a logos, archive interface, leela build. On the corp side it's a fast advance titan build with some janky dedication ceremony and grndl refinery+reversed accounts shenanigans.

I can post full lists tomorrow (it's Wednesday evening my time).

Based on two cards we have with her quotes on them my bet would that she'd trash viruses for effects.
The real question at the moment is what card with her art "Rumor Mill" current will do?

Mark my words, she's gonna draw a card every time the Corp purges virus.

>Whats Princess Space Kitten gonna do?

Whatever the hell she damn wants.

Also, I can feel the jank overtaking me; as much as I'm not liking Null, all I can think about is playing him with Darwin.

>A bit more on topic: really excited to try out bazaar in my spy camera geist deck once it drops at my lgs (aussie bro so shipping is slow)

Now, *that* looks lovely...

I'm guessing it's the Bazaar-Replicator combo to install all spy cameras. Just Bazaar is fine but not quite.

said art

Think so from past thread, yeah.

Install a cat.

Each time player pets the cat, he or she must skip his next turn.

Is this card going to be the next shaper autoinclude? It's just good all-around.

>cat decks
Oh god yes please.

It's fairly good, isn't it? If it's not firing, you're in a good place, if it is, well things are getting balanced back up in your favor.

I'm much more wondering about the questions from last thread about corp low-econ play and runner high econ hurt...

Yeah, really does look good.

Though with the corps scared and using more hostile measures than normal I'd guess that connection trashing (and just trashing in general) may be on the rise

For those reading and not gettign what the card does.

Invasion of Personal Space

Operation Condition

Install a cat on one of the runner's card and treat that cat as a hosted condition counter with the text "the runner cannot use the hosting card until the cat is removed".

Meant to answer Damn it.

I wonder what Observe and Destroy does... Did FFG and NBN finally go too far and give NBN meat damage? Or perhaps it's for resource trashing?

Anyone have ideas about what they'll do when Ankusa comes out?

Do you think Fisk will try to make room for it?

I think jank decks are going to play it. And nobody else.
It would be fun to see it with Fisk. Although I prefer some False Echo shenanigans.

Before anyone tries to theorycraft with it, note that all subroutines have to be broken by Ankusa alone in order to bounce the ice to HQ. So Quetzal, Grappling Hook, e3, none of them can discount its two-credits-per-sub

Yeah, that's the real struggle, 8 credits to return a Spiderweb back to HQ is a bit pricy. It adds to the tax of having to rez it again, but I wonder if it's really worth it, since crescentus does almost the same (not counting install costs).

I think that's something I would want on a dino or with a personal touch - it's very good, but you pay a lot for the power

Also it could replace morningstar here, which would look cool

Bazaar Netchip. How many would you include? 2? 3? Honestly even 4 seems excesive. Although it means I can install MO, Paintbrush, Keyhole and Sneakdoor Beta.
Best memory solution for the professor?

consumer grade cards were awful bulk status cards that took up 6 slots in data packs
extremely disappointed.

I disagree. Both Ramujan and spy camera are great in big numbers, plus they have a trashable effect to encourage including all of them. Netchip on the other hand tops its benefit at 4 with Endless Hunger, followed by Hyperdriver with 3 MU. Most often it's needed for only 2 MU. So you sleeve in maybe 2-3 NetChips so you can host whatever in it by the second one.

Best card in the cycle.

Wait a minute. Princess Space Kitten's on a card called "Rumor Mill." I'm betting that they're not releasing an ID or connection just to mess with us.
FFG, judging from before, I know you're clever enough to do this on purpose. You magnificent bastards.

Best corp card

It's like a party in your Rig and everyone's invited!

It might be usable if combined with a deck that wants to spam Clots?

That card is one of my big disappointment so far in that I haven't see *anyone* even try to play it yet. So much jank potential.

No need for Clot if you can just lock R&D with Medium or whatever.

MFW I realize we won't see 23 Seconds till Worlds.

tinkering it then bounce all dem glacier ice ?

The thing I think given how expensive it is, is being able to abuse windows, like compare paying through Eli 4 times with Corroder (4*4=16) or paying once to throw it back (10) and then running the server three more times for free - say Keyhole x 4...

Now add Diwan on top of that to tax install and reinstall, and it could have some potential.

Very narrow though... Probably something you'd play in a Professor tool kit as a one off and just SMC if the math happens to be on your side.

I do like the idea of forcing servers naked.

I'm more worried that we know the Anarch ID for the Flashpoint cycle already, yet are still waiting on the Mumbad one.

Still good? Overcosted?

David has turned this into shit. Spooned + 1 Token to trash 8 cost ice.

Wouldn't go as far as shit. More risky, certainly. Which is probably a good thing when you're down to it.

Given the theme of the Flashpoint Cycle, I wonder if this will be the cycle where they will start replacing the stronger First and Second cycle cards.

They already started

My Crisium servers.

That trace though...

Honestly, any bigger it would be sketchy.

Yeah, that's fair, was just teasing...

Was thinking, would Political Dealings be worth it in Biotech? Can use it to close he game, to bait runs by threatening a Niseai Mk2 score...

Political Dealings is probably always worth it, if you can protect it. Specially if you can find an extra advancement for the card: Biotech, SanSan, Biotic Labor, Trick of Lights. My favourite would be Tennin, but I need Agroplex for that.

Theory: It's APEX.

Complement-Theory: the 23 seconds was Apex's doing. The mother of all Account Siphon. At the other side of Apex's black hole is a white fountain counter AI phenomenon resulting from the very process of Apex's existence.

Let's call it Nadir - to fit with the netrunner tradition of cards with similar sounding names that breed confusion.

Apex is centrifugal to Nadir's centripetal.

Information comes from Nadir while nothing comes in. Units come to make sense by analogical process of forcing elements onto one another until they coalesce and endure.

The culture of non-sense, of disconnect between message content and tone brought by the information age makes for a perfect breeding ground for such units.

Princess Space Kitten is the name of a Nadir outward port mistakenly taken to be human.

(And now you know why I don't DM sci-fi games)

>(And now you know why I don't DM sci-fi games)
Then start, this is a great idea for a pulpy Star Trek kind of campaign.

Just passing through to thank you all for introducing me to this game. While for a while I can only play on-line, it has proven that card games can be fun again.

Glad you're enjoying it. Have a great time.

Thanks. I guess I just don't have the right crowd.

Political Dealings does have the markings of a good card. I was more thinking the other way around:what to use with Bioethics. Card that prove good use whatever variation you chose at the start of the game.

Street date for liberated mind is 25th, so we should start seeing those last 8 cards soon enough

Reckon we'll get 3 IDs?

That's what they said at the start of the cycle. Maybe they take it back because having 3 IDs in the same cycle is not only weird, but puts a lot of pressure on those identities and support cards, giving in to another Caissa/B&E situation.

In this case we are supposed to get Weyland, HB, and anarch identities, and for some reason I get the feeling that these are, once again, going to break the meta just like MCH and alliance did out of IG.

We can try and guess some:
Starting with anarchs, we have 3 distinct themes portrayed in anarch cards:
a) Political discontent with cards like Run Amok, Political Graffiti, EMP Device, Fear the Masses, and Bhagat.
b) Philosophical venues with Empty Mind and Diwan.
c) General poverty with Ramujan, Street Magic, and Salsette Slums, that can tie up with a)
I'm not sure where to put Making an Appearance, it can be played as either of those.
Now, given the card is coming in the Liberated Mind pack, I'm guessing the character is going to be, at least in part, motivated by that philosophy, and using it to support his career at ruining the Corp's parade.
What does it mean? It means the card can potentially do anything.

Next is HB, looking through the cards I see 2 particular themes that catches my attention: Hoppers and Clone support, and I doubt HB will fund an entire division to support clones so I'm going with Hoppers this cycle the same way they did Cybernetics the last cycle.
So yeah, I think this means we are getting a Lakshmi Division that probably gets a benefit from the Runner runs. Maybe a credit or a card the first time each turn the Runner runs. Just like Advanced Concept Hopper.

Last we have Weyland, dominating the scene from the background they get the chance to expand their power. I think it's clear we are getting a Construction division of some kind. It would be great if we could add an advacement token on a face up card the first time we create a new server each turn.

What do you think?

Really hopeful about the IDs myself. A good ID brings about new ways to play. Make come into being lots of disparate cards and tactical options into full fledge-on strategies.

Three IDs in one pack is certainly going to be a mouthful tough, yeah.

Given the cards selection, I wonder if anarch aren't going to get some taxing ID again.
Weyland we have two angles, the political, and the construction. I wonder if and how they'll marry the two. Would an ID that somehow get a bonus of sort with public agendas be too narrow?

Given the agenda selection, the HB ID does seem about impacting the runner, yeah. I wonder if an ID doubling down on that would be too much?

>add an advacement token on a face up card the first time we create a new server each turn.
not really a fan - it's too NEH, and BWBI hasn't been retired yet, so I don't think that'd be good

HB, yeah they're doing two things in Mumbad, trying to screw over Jinteki and making stuff. I agree with you that the ID could affect the runner, as that's what all their agendas are doing, but as says, doubling down might be too much.

With Weyland I think they'll tap into the political side, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ID and their alliance Operation are closely linked, but what they'll do is a mystery. Weyland have done tutoring (and money ofc) so far, but that's all kind of enabling stuff to be done, rather than doing. Other than MCC, which is pretty rad

As for anarch, yeah, not sure what they'll go with, but I'm excited

I like how Weyland's cards are all incredibly subtle - construction work, dedication ceremonies, behind the scenes politics - then suddenly there's Subcontract and someone's dead. Has anybody used New Construction though? It kinda looks like it's trying to get Weyland into shell games, which isn't really it's forte.

Also, the punk character in Making an Appearance, Emptied Mind etc. isn't MaxX is it? She looks a little different, though it probably is her.

Maybe the Weyland ID would let you install agendas face up and gain a bonus? That'd be interesting.

"Whenever you install an agenda, you may install it face up. If you do, you may place an advancement counter on it at the start of your next turn."

I think there's unlikely to be even 1 ID in the pack.
It seems that the notion that there would be an ID for every faction was misinterpretation of a sentence in the Mumbad announcement that actually intended to say that the would be IDs spread across all factions.

That would be disappointing.

Likely as it sounds.

>Throughout the cycle, you'll also find new contacts, new agendas, new region upgrades, and new identities for each of the game's seven factions.

Oh fuck, you might be right. Fire this shithead copy editor, Christ alive.

Can I trash the console Forger even if there is no tag to be avoided or removed?

Nope, its like how you cant scavenge a Lady if there are no valid scavenge targets in your heap

>Has anybody used New Construction
Yeah, it's my preferred Public in a wide Gagarin deck, turtlebacks can make it as good as Oaktown

Haven't used the overadvance yet though

Do you use cards to have a bigger HQ too? I get the feeling that I don't want to install/advance New Construction unless I already have plenty of cards in HQ to install.

Oh damn, she has CV dazzle applied. That really cool.

New card-fu?

you mean this?

Is it not the same thing? Did i not link to the card art?

I have no idea what you meant with the new card-fu then

Probably waifu + card

How about

"Whenever you install an agenda, you may install it face up.

If you have an agenda installed face up, at the start of your turn, you may advance a card."

instead of the usual 'place an advancement token'. Too strong?

I rarely care that much about hand size when I'm not using scorch, but I do tend to have assets anyway - wide Gagarin asset spam may be a bit cheesy, but it works.

If I have a second new construction, Lakshmi and another asset (or an unrezed asset already out), unless they have film critic I can just score naked

No, that's prefect. That advanceable ICE synergy.

That does sound potentially strong, but at first glance not broken.

With a IAA and now AAAA sequence of turns you can benefit twice from 4/2 public agendas over-advance effect.

With a hollywood on the table, you can score it in a normal window and put 7 advancement tokens out in the process.

Underway trashes 9 cards to the heap....

And then of course just advancing ICE.

Underway Renovation mill vs Faust. Would it work?

It should say "place an advancement counter on a card that can be advanced" or "advance without paying any costs".

I've had some fun with it in some Argus builds, especially coupling it with Casting Call. High variance, but getting two Déjà Vu and two Faust
off early game is really a nice feeling.

Add Khala Ghoda real TV, and maybe some Blacklist/Students loans along the NBN alliance cards and I think we may have something.

Blacklist would be the king, but defending it would be a job, even with Hive and things

The key thing is to let any "if this card is advanced" effects to fire as in , since just placing tokens doesn't do that. No cost is probably a bit too much, though you do need to protect the agenda for atleast one turn I guess. I'm sad this card will never happen now.

Given the amount of recursion Runners tend to have, the tempo hit from advancing Underway is just too much to make it the main strategy, and the effects could end up negligible from a single Levy AR Lab Access. It's fine as an extra thing on top of the normal game plan though, and probably best against a Faust deck than any other. Never thought of using Blacklist either, which might be interesting. Maybe Salem's to knock out any recursion cards in hand?

>No cost is probably a bit too much
Without that text it sounds like you still have to spend the click.

Given that it fires during "at the start of your turn/when your turn begins" you wouldn't have any clicks to spend though. But I agree that it could use some clarity, maybe "you may spend 1 credit to advance a card at no cost"? Kind of like how Eater has "access 0 cards".

>Given that it fires during "at the start of your turn/when your turn begins" you wouldn't have any clicks to spend though.
You have clicks as soon as it's your turn, see Wyldside.

Ohh right, I was mistakenly thinking about the rez window before the start of the turn, my bad.

So Sunny is getting some support in an upcoming datapack, what would you like to see for apex and adam?

>white woman
>hindu kids
Diversity!

>tfw we never get an criminal sunny after the corps don't pay out
>tfw we never get an anarch adam who wants to burn the corps to the ground for limiting his brain
>tfw we never get shaper apex who just wants to eat some code and make some code
why even live?

Her partner is a woman, so of course they are not her biological kids.
More early pressure for Adam, maybe a run event.
Apex needs something to counter destroyers. Maybe something that allows you to trash another installed card instead of the card that was originally trashed (maybe not limited to programs).

>tfw we never get an criminal sunny after the corps don't pay out
Corps don't pay her, GlobalSec does. Corps pay the criminals, see Security testing.
She'd never go Criminal, she's got a family to care for. She might go Anarch to protect them from the corps or in vengeance if they did something to them.

>tfw we never get an anarch adam who wants to burn the corps to the ground for limiting his brain
That's just regular Adam.
>tfw we never get shaper apex who just wants to eat some code and make some code
pic related is my face when I'll never program beautiful AI children and teach them to be human

>Her partner is a woman, so of course they are not her biological kids.
Well actually, a woman can go and get inseminated in a clinic from a sperm donor to have her own biological kids. Although these kids might take after her partner and not her. Adoption is not necessarily the only choice, just another option.

True, maybe her partner did that.

Knowing those kids are Sunny's raises a lot of questions.
>Were they affected by Ramujan, since the implication is that the net/brain damage hits other people?
>If the kids were adopted, did she adopt them after the incident? If so, why was the Ramujan card released after Sunny?
>If they were not adopted, and Ramujan did happen during the elections, how did they get hit by those things in the first place?

Netrunner's flavour and lore is so nice.

On-topic, can't say anything about card effects since I haven't played either of them much, so hopefully some cards that subtly reveals more about Apex and Adam in the same vein as Sunny's pops up.

I think Ramujan does not simply redirect the damage, it spreads it out among all users, so the individual damage is negligible.

>Question of the day:
>Whats Princess Space Kitten gonna do?

Be a 40 card Anarch deck that doesn't run AI.

Underway alone, no (though I have very fond memories of that game where, having scored a Utopia Fragment first, I just kept advancing Underway out of stealing reach of the runner until I had done away with the whole stack. Immensely satisfying), but when you start adding other cards that follow the same overall strategy of card exhaustion and with a bit of econ warfare on the side, and we're going somewhere.

The biggest problem remains the proportion of advancement clicks you have to spend on cards for the effect.
Just going IA-AAA for underway allows you to deal with 7 cards of the runner, which is honorable, but then you spend 5 creds and clicks on 1 agenda point. So I think you do have to go high-value agenda apart from Underway.
Another ay to look at it is with Casting Call: I don't ever expect to score it, unless victory is at hand, the purpose it to make the runner pay way more than it's worth either way.

There's a deck here. I don't know about competitive, but certainly workable, and interesting.

That seems a bit too nice for anarchs to do though. I kinda figured them for the damn the consequences faction, with a few scrupulous, well as far as pro-human scruples goes, faction.

Does anyone have an "updated" profile of what can each faction do? Most I find is a couple of years old, and don't ring true given some of the builds I have seen so far.

I know the game is very flexible, but I have a bit of a hard time fully understanding where each faction strong points and weakpoints are, for the most part...