Tempo edition! (Cards that get better when you have more stuff on the field. Scute Mob, Dragonmaster Outcast, etc.)

Tempo edition! (Cards that get better when you have more stuff on the field. Scute Mob, Dragonmaster Outcast, etc.)

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Formatting Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
digital-art-gallery.com/
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/
photojoiner.net/
fotor.com/features/photo-stitch.html

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

That's not what tempo means edition.

That's how the other user explained it.

>Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, [...]

>Return ~ to its owner's hand.
Unless specified, it is assumed that abilities only function on the battlefield. Unless they're characteristic abilities, like with the Goyfs.

How even would you consider the power of these cards? Any corrections needed? Any feel off color?
For some context, each of the characters in the art are meant to be similar to Anger, filth, ect
Yes I realize that one of the classics from the cycle was named Glory. I'm changing the RW one to something else. Thinking Valor or Passion.

>Any corrections needed?
Besides the ones that were already pointed out that you didn't fix?

>legendary
>generic names
Not feeling it.

Degredation: Very strong but not overpoweringly so. If you want to take it down a bit, make it only activatable once per turn.
Glory: Absolute shit. How many renown creatures are there? How many of them are remotely playable? Nine times out of ten this is a way worse Glorious Anthem.
Intuition: Hexproof is a keyword now, just use that. Otherwise is fine.
Law: Lifeline is a keyword now, just use that. That is a fucking horrific downside on the draw trigger. Try making it a fixed life loss, like 2 or 3.
Ingenuity: Tons of text, mediocre effect.

That scry 2 makes no sense with the card.

Reread intuition, unless the person posting the cycle overlooked the obvious.
There's a fairly important distinction between Lifelink and a triggered ability.

If you don't have any creatures in the yard, this is a 5 cost 7/7 with no downside.
Unless that was your intent, I'd change it to fading instead of vanishing.

Could easily be fixed by making it vanishing 1 as well.

good catch

Also you could make it vanishing 1 like said, if you don't want both vanishing and fading in your set.

I think this should be just W.

>Nonblue counter spells that are still on color.

Posted these in the old thread without seeing the new thread, because I suck.

How bad is this idea, and how much should it cost on an enchantment?
>Creatures you control with haste can't be blocked except by creatures with haste.

I was about to say you can't counter Sorceries with this, then I remembered the bit about Flash. Good job.

>How bad is this idea
It's very close to straight unblockable, and should be costed as such.

Your Red card is something I would make White. I think Red's "counters" should be based on changing targets.

And while this isn't what you intended, I'd like to see something in White like
>Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1 for each permanent you control it targets.

>Rules of Nature
I feel like Green- Jesus, I just need to get off my ass and make some of these cards. Here, pic related.

Good one. Mine's not funny, but here.

OK, nevermind. Turns out I don't have the planeshifted frames anymore, and MSE doesn't want to install them. Well, that's fucking annoying. Well, the card idea was a Blue version of Eternal Witness named "Temporal Witness" and had this art. Let's see if I can make it tomorrow.

Oh, so it's not that MSE could use an installer, it's just that it took over ten minutes to finally load it.

Well, that was incredibly annoying. Just what I needed before I went to bed.

Very interesting.

I think this would work better as an enchantment that copied a land.

why doesnt this instead say "add three mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool." Or similar?

Token lands are apparently a faux pas, because of how often its important to know the tapped/untapped state of a land and how often people play without real card-shaped tokens.

Makes me think of like:
>Indecisive Ent
>2GG
>Creature - Treefolk
>You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy of any land you don't control.
>2/2

Too cheap.

"Add three mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool." As niche as this is, locking out spells is still white.

"can't be countered by spells or abilities"
If it has targets, uncounterable spells need the clarification. Damage needs a sources.
Also too cheap. Have you even looked at existing cards?

Again too cheap. It's a stretch to call the last ability blue.

turn off symbols for your converted mana cost.
This one is reasonable, and has some interesting restrictions.

should cost 4 minimum, if monocolored it should be 5.

clone effects arent cheap

I like it

Does this work in the rules ?
I need to fix the toughness so it doesn't die from the fight

It works fine yes, although it should be whenever it attacks.

Mercurial Mass 2GG
Creature- Ooze
~ gets +1/+1 for each creature type among creatures on the battlefield.
2/2

Knight of the Lineage WW
Creature- Cat Knight
Vigilance
~ gets +1/+1 for each creature named ~ in your graveyard.
2/2

Memory Fragment 2U
Creature- Illusion
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile the top seven cards of your library facedown.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, put any number of those cards into your graveyard, and the rest on top of your library in any order.
2/2

Rat Pack 1BB
Creature- Rat
2BB: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. If you do, put a token that's a copy of ~ onto the battlefield, then put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/3

Goblin Rearguard R
Creature- Goblin Warrior
Defender
~ can attack as though it didn't have defender if you control three or more goblins.
~ gets +2/+2 as long as you control six or more goblins.
~ has double strike as long as you control nine or more goblins.
2/1

Working on a set within a somewhat abstract post-apocalyptic neo-medieval North America.

The legendary lands need an "if" clause instead of a "whenever", or you can tap for mana in response and get your bonus too.
>2/2 soldier
Nash needs either counters or a time limit on that +1/+1. Also check the wording on ability 3.
Eridar's wording is off.
Alia is highly ambigious as to how it's supposed to work, given that it references an explicit card yet has a shuffle ability. It's also questionable if it even DOES work as printed, since you can't track individual cards while they're in a hidden zone.

>A city of warriors built by slaves.
Sounds like Sparta.

Thanks m80, I probably shouldn't be typing stuff up so late. Correct them in a bit

>~ gets +1/+1 for each creature type among creatures on the battlefield.
>someone plays a changeling

Needs to cost a lot more actually. The fact that it can be cast and doesn't die without other permanents on the battlefield. Compare it to Altered Ego - it costs X2GU and has base P/T 0/0

Or just compare it to Clever Impersonator where it falls off short. Not being able to copy creatures is a huge downside for a clone.

yeah hence 4, mixed mana seems fair to me.
you could go 5 cmc and make it a 4/4 i think. even so, copyinf enchantments is really rarely seen.

its hard to cost but definitely more than 3 mana

Realised this after sleep. Any way to make it undetect changelings?

Trying this one again.

Jesus, I killed the thread again? Or is everyone just busy right now?

Is this hybrid?

Does it remain a creature?

Only if the land it copied was a land creature. Hi Dryad Arbor.

It should also be noted that a copy of a Manland (oh, I'm sorry Wizards, Genderneutralpersonland) that's animated itself, the copy will still just be a land, not a creature.

The creature itself is just a 3/3 for 4. The activated abilities are properly color locked.

I'm not sure this needs double evasion.

Oh, I didn't even think about using the tapping to stop blockers. I just wanted something that came across as subtle and manipulative. Hmm, I think I'll just cut Skulk then. Wasn't really that excited about it anyway. Oh, and what if he got to tap/untap two things instead of one? Too strong?

It's Philadelphia, not Philidelphia.

"noncreature spells you cast this turn", rather than "noncreature spells you control."

2/2 for 3R, rather than 3/2 for 2RR

"You may return a land you control to its owner's hand. If you do, ...."

"If you do, investigate, then investigate again."

Neither "target" nor investigate should be capitalised.

Other than costing only 3 mana, it's not that overbearing. The 0 does nothing unless you invest more mana (bant doesn't strike me as an artifact deck).

I made some based on Dark Souls, let me know what you think. Are they balanced? Interesting? Fun to play with/against?
They're all designed to be played in the same deck, eventually I want to build them as a whole custom black/white deck.
I'm gonna post them one at a time

Seize the Moment
1RR
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. You may play that card. If you don't, exile it.
"Now arrives but once."

Stahp

Probably involve some sort of counter to keep track of turn numbers

If a creature named Great Wolf Sif is in your graveyard, Artorias the Abysswalker gains +0/+2 and vigilance

BB: Artorias the Abysswalker gains deathtouch until your next turn

Although deathtouch (conditional at that) is largely flavortext on a creature this large

That is a better way to word it, I always forget how MtG does the 'a card named' thing. Apply that to Biggie and Smalls then too.
And yeah, the deathtouch is fucking worthless

FUCK YOUR RIVERS CAPTCHA

At the beginning of each upkeep put a watch counter on Abyss watcher, then if there is an even number of watch counters on Abyss Watcher put a creature token into play that is a copy Abyss Watcher, if there is an odd number of watch counters on Abyss Watcher your opponents put a creature token into play that is a copy of Abyss Watcher

Not sure on the flavor of this, whether you and your opponent are supposed to have exponentially growing armies of abyss watchers.

learn to syntax pls

>At the beginning of your upkeep, put an X counter on Abyss Watcher. Remove two X counters from Abyss Watcher: put a token that is a copy of Abyss Watcher into play under your control.

>Artorias gains deathtouch until end of turn.

>When Capra Demon enters the battlefield, put two black 2/1 tokens with haste named Undead Dog into play under your control.

Etc etc. Not even going into the balance and legality of it all. I don't even play Magic that much myself but you really ought to at least read some cards before making your own.

Please stop, you're just pissing everyone off. Just stitch a bunch together (look in the OP for PhotoJoiner) so we can go through them and correct your wording.

There. Now you're way easier to ignore. Kidding. But really, though, read some actual cards before making your own.

I was considering putting a thing on where Abyss Watchers have to block each other so they just fucking kill each other forever.
Maybe they get stronger when they kill each other? I'm not a hundred percent on what I wanted here, I just think they're one of the coolest bosses

I have a couple decks, I just don't know how to syntax these things. The whole 'card named X' thing always fucked with me.

No guarantee that they're all equal or even balanced.