The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread

No longer an MTG lore thread (though lore discussion is still quite welcome), it is quite clear that this is the snowstorm thread.

Post your flakes! Write your stories! Make a grand plot worthy of Tolkien himself!

Previously on the FLAKE THREAD:

Read the books.

BY GEORGE! I think this user is onto something!

(more than that happened but you can read the thread to find out)

Writefagging last thread:

Remes Torbern and Granny Swamp Cala Let me know if I missed anything.

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

NOTE! I have not updated the repo from last thread yet. I will get on it soon.

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM
pastebin.com/esNwFfMK
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

READ THE BOOKS

FIGHT ME, FUCKBOY!

By JOVE! He's right!

I must READ THE BOOKS!!!

Rolled 89, 82 = 171 (2d109)

These snowflakes love each other, but are destined to not be together.

Reminder that if you fucks don't start making more flakes I will.

Suck a dick.

Ka and Zenri, both seek to abolish slavery but they can never be with the other apparently.
youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM

Kohamat and the Rock?

Good god.

We need more flake for the flake god.

No we don't.
The Flake God is a False God

New Flake.

READ THE BOOKS, DAMMIT.

READ THE BOOKS

Thinking about doing a new flake buy I don't know what colors.
How is black white looking?

How about you try something more interesting and with more merit as a starting point instead of "wat colors?"

We don't have a real Mardu colored one yet, but I recommend taking 's advice into consideration before deciding on colors.

Yeah, I need to look at my decks and see what I'm ignoring

I'm thinking about the idea of a flake who's actually really shitty as a mage. They can still planeswalk, and are a powerful warrior. What are some really piddly "basic" spells? The only thing I know for sure is they're gunna be red and have that portal spell that's one R for a sorcery that does 1 damage.

You should make a barbarian who thinks he's a wizard, and his Searing Hands is him throwing a torch. Or his Feather Fall is him having so many hp that he lives after jumping off of a cliff. And he is entirely convinced that he's magic.

That sounds more like a fun dnd character. I like the idea, but personally I wouldn't use it for this.

So what would Mardu be where White is the dominant color to black and red

Paranoia. Preemptive retribution. Everyone is out to get you, so you need to get them first.
White's sense of justice is the largest player here, but it is corrupted by black's inability to understand colors that don't think the way it does and red's aggression.

Uncompromising justice maybe? White's whole law thing coupled with red's lack of scruples regarding other people's rules and black's desire to do whatever you need to get what you want.

Wow, I just realized that I described the punisher.

Aight, so
I'm going to be putting together a factions/groups text document for future use by writefags.
Last thread people listed off the following groups:
-Nishal's group
-Diomedes's group
-Zix's group
-The buddy-cops
For those who'd like to help, I need to know the following:
Who comprises these groups?
Why do they work together?
How did they meet?
How do the members interact with each other?
Where have they worked together officially as a group, and what did they do?
Are there any other groups not listed, and if so, what are they and all the previous questions applied to them?

Nishal and Iosha make up one group alongside Veldren and maybe Del aboard Iosha's airship. As far as I know, Diomedes works with Selenra, and Anna hangs around with Symon a lot Ship incoming in exploring the Onakke ruins. Belloski has some other flakes in his payroll, so far Murdock and at least once Cala, who fetch stuff from the multiverse for him. Wouldn't know about Zyx, though, pretty certain he doesn't READ ENOUGH BOOKS.

One of those groups still needs to save a plane from Messenger's myr invasion.

Why would you even want to "save" it.

Reminder that your walker is shit.

OP
OP
I SUMMON THEE
AS JORGE'S user CAN YOU DELETE HIM FOR ME?

If we're combining end goals, peace achieved with power and freedom. The tools of "action" and "opportunity" governed by "structure."

The color of the group being affected by the two colors of the individual.

Viewing it like that, I imagine a group of people, individually beholden to each other by loyalty and absolutely no one else. Within the group, they desire the freedom to live peacefully as they see fit. Fuck with that, or any individual member of the group, and the rest of the group will drop what they're doing and each do whatever they have to to fuck your shit UP.

No rest, no mercy, no matter what.

There's some irony in the fact that Akroma is protected from black and red right there.

New Princess Flake!

I hope you all like her.

Better than Astartes

What's wrong with Astarte?

Hello lord aeon-chan.
What's that, number fourteen now?

You think all those people are the same just because their "format" is the same?

They are all using the basic photo editor on Apple products. Either a Mac, an iPhone, or an iPad. Try not to be an asshat.

>you think the only calling card of Aeon-chan The Great and Powerful is using apple photo editor

Oh no, there are very specific tells for my lord and master Aeon-chan.

I only bully you because I love you, Aeon-sempai

That's cute, but she's not Æon-kun.

What's going on here?

o___o

>Elvish Squirrel Girl

You stop this at once.
My dick can only get so erect

You're welcome?

What's right with Astartes

Astarte. And she's a good flake. Leave her alone.

I bet she never even read the books.

That backstory is actually quite shit

How so?

Del-user here. Have a villain.

I'll probably write a shitty little piece for him in a bit.

Probably because the neck breaking or fear should have been enough to ignite her spark.

>using eldrazi as skaabs
Though I get the feeling he insists on being called by his full name. Did you think about him absconding with some oil to experiment with his stitching?

"A mind mage fucked up my brain permanently because they didn't like me" is a stupid backstory. Like, seriously? That's it?

I'm not all that sure, to be honest. At first, his goal was to resurrect the titans into skaabs, but I thought that sounded too cartoony.

I suppose he'd go to Zendikar or some other plane the Eldrazi were on, talk to people who know about the Eldrazi, kills said person for knowing too much, brings them back, then go find more.

He'd probably grab pieces of dead Eldrazi, or chunks of waste and bring it back to his lab. Maybe grab entire Scion/Spawn and throw them in a cage.

there is a small problem with the scion part, being that they shrivel and die as their mothermass leaves the plane, so if you try to get one after Oath you're not going to have it for long

Not necessarily. That's just your opinion on what should or shouldn't trigger a spark.

Teferi went through a lot of horrible things before his spark ignited.

Do they?

Well, shit. He could always bring the corpses TO Zendikar. He's trying to create the perfect skaab, not unleash the Eldrazi.

1) It wasn't my idea. Another flake suggested it. And I rolled with it. And yes, I actually like the idea of that. That she was such a snob that someone who could change her did change her.

But, that's not even the whole backstory. How you said it, makes it sound like it ends there.

But user we already managed to create the perfect skub, haven't you be reading the books threads lately?

Not that user, but which mind mage would fuck with the king of the findhorn elves just because he thinks his daughter is too much of a snob? Takes some high level of stupidty on the wizard's part if you ask me. It would have been finer if she was a less powerful elf, maybe an aristocrat from lorwyn. Mess with her mind, give her a scar so her people banishes her, done.

Which books?

I've been in and out of these threads lately thanks to a broken bone.

Some user kept pretending akroma was in the whole time spiral trilogy and screamed "read the books, you didn't read the books" to everyone who took the bait. In short, low level trolling that spawned an internal /flakes/ meme, nothing important.

This, again, is all your perception. Just because you feel that someone should or shouldn't or would or wouldn't act a certain way doesn't mean they will or won't do it anyway.

Different people do different things.

Look at Sleeping Beauty for example. A witch fucks with a princess' well being all because she doesn't like the King.

Now, mind mages in general tend to be a bit out of their minds to begin with. They don't typically see things the same as normal people do. Their reasoning tends to be a bit more unorthodox and bold. So, yeah. A mind mage didn't like the way she was treating people, so he changed how she thinks.

To me, the mind mage wouldn't care if she's a princess or a hobo.

But, that is entirely my perspective.

Did he say that she was in it?

Because as I recall, he just kept saying read the books. You asked what books. And he picked them out.

I don't ever remember him actually saying Akroma was in them though.

The whole argument was about akroma being in time spiral. I read those, and akroma isn't in time spiral, as every other user knows. Can we please stop this before it starts again? Itwas not fun for anyone.
And i did not ask anything, i just read it toward the end and shit, that was some shitposting. Made the last thread unbearable.

I would argue that you are basing your argument upon a fairy tail for children, which has to be extremely simple by default. None says you can't, though.

I'm pretty sure the only thing he said was that Akroma was in six books. Which I guess is wrong. I wouldn't know. I only know her to be in two and mentioned in Scourge.

But, he never actually said she was in the Time Spiral books. He just told you to read them. Probably to get you off his back and to stop shitposting.

But, that's just my take on it.

Again, it were several anons, i just caught the tail of it. He cited the scourge and time spiral trilogy as having akroma, and kept accusing anons of not having read the books when they called him wrong, but whatever. Thankfully everything ended and there is no reason to dig it back again.

He directly claimed that Akroma was in the Time Spiral Trilogy, that those were three of the six books that she was in, and when asked to explain what she did there only responded with 'read the books'

To be fair, the king could have been pleased with the results until she seemingly died during a frolic

Go back and read his posts. He actually didn't say that she was in them at all.

I think he was just leading you in circles.

>Now, mind mages in general tend to be a bit out of their minds to begin with. They don't typically see things the same as normal people do. Their reasoning tends to be a bit more unorthodox and bold

Source?
I don't see why mind mages have to be by and large lolrandumb, petty, evil fucks.

It's the most unsatisfying and stupid backstory I have ever seen. It's built completely around circumventing character growth. I don't care if it was your idea or not and I don't see how that's relevant. I'm saying it's stupid.

I haven't seen a mind Mage that isn't eccentric, absent minded, and cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Except maybe Jace. But, he's a bitch. And bitches don't get counted.

Are you really suggesting that blue users are insane by default?

Everyone is crazy to some extent. But, it's a very common theme amongst blue users to be at least a little out of their mind.

If you say so. I tell you what, I'll come up with a character type/model and you provide an intriguing background for them. And you can show me what a good writer you are.

Up to the challenge?

I could give it a shot. Not promising it'll be much better; you don't have to be a chef to tell when a meal is overcooked shit.

I thought you were saying it was undercooked. >__>

Might be hard to judge food if you got no taste.

But, all jokes aside. I'll type up a basis.

Done. Here you go friendo. I really do hope you wrote something great.

Good luck user and godpseed.

*write
Not wrote.

Hrm, making ravnica the home plane AND favorite plane makes it a bit more tough, but I'll write something after dinner.

Sometimes it fits the personality though. No place like home, right?

I almost made it Tarkir though.

Kinda shitty, awkward mix of story/background blurb incoming. I can't condense so I couldn't do a bare bones background but I don't have access to a computer with Internet this week so I had to type it all up on an old tiny phone.
This is the true price of mobile shitposting.

Born to wealthy parents who had managed the climb to success within the Orzhov without resorting to even a single year of service after death, Raoki and her two older sisters grew up not knowing want. Raoki was free to explore the streets and purchase whatever caught her eye.

The only work required of her, eventually, was the entry level Orzhov official task of collecting more mundane debts. It was during this time that Raoki began to question her place in life, and how she had been born at the top while most of the people she came into contact with were worked to the bone with little to their name. The now young woman began putting her own funds into the guild's pockets in place of what her targets could not afford, or collecting a few days later when she could get away with it. This earned Raoki a sympathetic reputation with both skeevy lowlifes and earnest downtrodden alike, but also the ire of those above her, including her parents and sisters. Her reputation due to these secret niceties was that of a lazy collector destined to debt in the afterlife.

In an attempt to scare her straight, her parents left her a small allotment (that she was expected to repay, with interest) and kicked out of her home and relieved of her duties with the guild, until she decided to come back and be willing to devote herself to the guild and her success, instead of mingling with the lesser chaff and not keeping track of her collection amounts and dates correctly. Raoki's seed of resentment for her family and her guild had only grown over time as she learned of the Orzhov's practices and what life was like for many guildless under their thumb. She accepted the banishment happily, not expecting to return.

Life was tough on the streets of Ravnica, but Raoki had made connections of her own. The attic of a Rakdos pleasure den addict's small shack. A back alley patrolled by a band of homeless ex-Izzet chemisters with prices on their heads. A dank chamber open to those who depended on handouts by a group of Golgari rot farmers. All these were Raoki's home as her money quickly disappeared to aid others.

The trusting woman did not discern whom she gave to, nor did she make her origins a secret. However, she kept safe in the dangerous back alleys and undercity slums through her skill with death magic, perhaps the only thing she'd learned in her former life that stuck. But she could still be taken advantage of in other ways. A band of generous rot farmers she had come to admire approached her with a proposition: why not up the scale of her generosity? If Raoki could get them into her family's manor without triggering the alarm wards, they could make out with enough wealth to provide for the less fortunate for years. A redistribution of wealth was in order, if Raoki could help them. But while the young woman was skilled with death magic, she had never managed to get the hang of law magic and disenchantments. Raoki didn't notice the murderous leers on their faces before explaining that she could still enter her home herself, and get a charm to allow her small skill with law magic to allow a group sanctioned passage through the wards.

Creeping through her home in the night, Raoki was reminded how much she stuck out now. In common clothes filthy with grime and a dark cloak, she stood out against the opulence of her family's mansion. Her old quarters were just as she left them, and beginning to leave with allowance charm in hand, Raoki was met by her eldest sister. A satisfied smirk on her face, the ambitious and now high ranking Orzhov member tried to murder Raoki. A blade of shadow slashed across Raoki's throat, and in a bloodshot haze everything began to sink into black. It was like she was dripping down into filth and muck, sinking deep somewhere else...

Raoki had planeswalked for the first time, to exactly where she needed to go. An isolated apothecary in a small hut in the forest of a plane she never returned to or learned the name of, Raoki was pulled back from the brink of death. Only after healing for weeks did she realize she had clutched the charm in her hands as she blinked away from that reality.

When Raoki returned to Ravnica, she overheard the rot farmer thugs from a dark, damp corner nearby. They were talking about her. Or, more, her disappearance and what a shame it was that they couldn't get into her home with "the others" and break down the whole district into rotting ruin out of spite. Raoki now knew their intentions, but was a different person than she was before. Stepping out of the shadows and holding the amulet, she told her new brothers and sisters that she was ready to make those Orzhov decadents pay.

so I managed to make an unlikable character with a rushed half-story but oh well. I learned what helps me write well from this at least. Generic golgari lady was really challenging for me.

This won't fit in a profile.

The reason that my short story is lacking is because it can o it be a short briefing. And not a full discriptive story.

You cannot compare the two in quality.

I didn't have a problem with the story part of the background. I only ever mentioned the mind mage thing because that's what I thought was stupid.

To clarify, I didn't really mean to write a story and as a story it's not that good because it's lacking in the in depth description a true story should have.
It was the basic concept of the mind mage completely and permanently altering a person because she was a bitch, and that being the basis for a flake, that I really don't like. The concept part. I didn't find it "lacking" in anything else.

Xaniphe shivered at the horrible weather of kaldheim. she cupped her hands that soon were full of snow. she looked the crystals of ice in her hands for a while, until her eyes began glowing blue. she saw sahdowy figures in each snowflake, each one parts of something bigger, somenthing wirder, something HORRIBLE.

She was puzzled. shi could not understand what se was seeing. some kind of darkness... under the ice, buried deep. what could possibly be that thing?

she made a last effort, using the mana that she had left she infused the ice with more power. then she heard it
Its dreaming, not dead
She shivered again, but this time it was not for the cold

Sorry for my ungut english

You don't think that a good hearted or even spiteful mage would alter someone's personality for the better? Just to be doing it?

Not really, especially permanently.
The biggest thing with a permanent mind alteration is that, for a character, it's just boring.

It seems to me that you think that every mind mage thinks the same and would act the same. Like they don't have a mind that differs from any other mind mage. Do you think that every stereotype has no distinctive individuality? No thought being anything different than the next mind mage?

Of course not. That's silly.
But a character who's been forcibly completely changed and then is happy with that change and doesn't devote any thought to their former self just isn't worth telling a story about. Like, they have no character arc. It's such a bad origin. "I was mean but then I wasn't because magic and now I'm happy." If you're going to focus on who they are after the permanent brain change, why even include who they were before?

Now, if the mind mage temporarily changed how they think, and then after reverting they still had all their memories, that would be interesting. They would consciously have to reflect on who they are now after having an experience like that. Rather than "a wave of a magic wand and everything is fixed."
It doesnt lead to interesting stories. Or any interesting stories would work just as well with a character who didn't get brain fucked into obedience with what that mind mage wanted them to be.

For snowflakes, do you like to match your pictures to their color identity?

That's how card art handles it, so I like trying to do it. It looks nice.

First ever time writefagging
please be gentle
pastebin.com/esNwFfMK

>that last bit
damn

Cool