/btg/ - Battletech General

/btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!

Museum Looter Edition

Old Thread: ===================================
First Succession War
mediafire.com/download/dp9iiecoaz4c29k/E-CAT35235_BattleTech First Succession War.pdf
===================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech

GET FUCKED PURPLE BIRD.

BUTTE HOLD FOREVER

Stiener STRONK

FREE SUNS COMMONWEALTH NOW
REMOVE LIAO

That's adorable

>a song of lrms

>Not Free Suns Combine With Harp:Victor collects all the princesses who want his dick edition

that's the second generation of the plan.

omg WIN

Hell's Horses used them. Think the Star Adders did too. Dunno the fate of the homeworlds factory. Probably not great.

TRO 3145 NTNU has a TSEMP variant of the Gargoyle, so it's still seeing service sphere-side. But given the chaos of the Jihad, that could be in anybody's hands.

>Boiled Dungeness Crab with Fennel

>Mince enough of the most tender fennel fronds to make 2 tablespoons, and mince enough of the bulb to make 1/4 cup; set both aside for the Fennel-Lemon Tartar Sauce.

>Coarsely chop the remaining fronds, stalks, and bulb, and place in a large (at least 8-quart) pot.

>Add lemon slices, 1/4 cup salt, and enough cold water to come within 3 inches of the top of the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.

>While water is heating, set crabs on a rimmed baking sheet or tray, and put them in the freezer. (This dulls their senses to make handling them easier. The crab should be well chilled but not frozen; don't leave them in the freezer more than 30 minutes.) When water has come to a rolling boil, grab each crab securely at the back of its shell, and gently but swiftly drop it headfirst into the boiling water.

>Cover pot, and return water to a boil, reducing heat to medium if necessary to prevent water from boiling over. Cook crabs 18 to 20 minutes. Carefully drain. Clean crabs, and serve hot or chilled with Fennel-Lemon Tartar Sauce, Bloody Mary Cocktail Sauce, and Ginger Butter.

NICE!!!

Abi-user here, knock yourself out. So far no more kills than the two tanks, but she's still training. Her 'mech is a stock ON-1VA.

No problem, I hadn't actually thought about the family any more than the whole "little rich miss takes the family Orion and joins the mercenaries to prove herself".

Seriously, the AtB chargen is functionally writing the fluff. In the last battle I played last night, my Wasp driver was shot out of his mech, ended up in the same hex as the driver of the Wasp-1L he'd shot the leg off of, and had the "crack open a beer" stuff. The game decided I'd captured the Liao pilot and he even defected to the unit.

>"I guess you guys aren't that bad after all, bro."

I'lll never tire of this pic.

Yeah, forgot AES and TC didn't play well together, derp. Nonetheless, here's the Hayha snipermech, a capped cERPPC running around at high speeds and placing accurate fire at long ranges! The same people who OKed the Vulpes would say, "FUND IT"!

Now, disembowel it with a spork. You know you want to.

Finally got my first mech in my periphery campaign, vet warrior with a lct1-v was up for grabs. Swapped MG's for S-lasers and armour.

What personnel market does /btg/ use? I'm using atb it can be lousy at times esp at contracts end/retirements but Dylan's method feels too easy.

6 more days. I like the new style of the mech, really want to get a few printed out and on the table.

I have one answer for monsters like this:
direct artillery fire :)

It was fun watching the LAAF get utterly shrekt by Davion regiments in the FCCW.
>yfw the 10th Lyrans Guards cucked the Lyran state

GENTLEMEN!
BEHOLD!

I received my package of mechs from Warhansa a short while ago. Initial impressions were slightly worrying on finding no bubble wrap, but the package didn't rattle and everything was taped down securely in the usual tiny plastic bags that need throwing out by the fistful if you buy wargames stuff online a lot. Impressions from dealing with them were polite and professional, and in good English in case that's a concern. The package from Moscow made it to Blighty in week, with tracked airmail used. My order was received on the 27th so two weeks total, with a slight delay for the guy being on holiday apparently.

Material on the parts is incredibly light, there's a nice lack of ridges to clean up that you'd usually expect from a 3d print-sourced mould, no air bubbles that I can find on a cursory examination. The photo is of the product straight out of the box, no clean up at all so what's there in terms of flash and the like is all on show. I've given the parts a quick check for fitting and they all easily plug together (the... I guess it's the mech's groin? That's been plugged onto the torso for the image and is a separate piece otherwise). I focused here on the Blackhawk because the arm mounted laser clusters I figured would be an easy depiction of overall quality as it's an area that'd love to be covered in air bubbles and other problems. But it isn't. So that's good.

I'll clean these up and stick them together over the next few hours.

Thanks user! Looking forward to seeing all your new toys!

That just makes them headcap capable by having all the damage done to one location, it doesn't change that you're rolling on the cluster hit chart.

>Yu Huang
It is literally twice as fast and has an ERPPC. Assuming the right battlefield and engagement characteristics, and infinite number of them. Even in an urban match, it can probably kill its BV in them, thanks to that close-range battery.

Realistically 6-10 urbies depending on terrain, assuming a human and not princess at the helm. If princess is in control of the urbies, it easily hits mid-high double digits, with the greatest danger being complacency.

Nice.
That makes me look forward to receiving my own order, which had apparently arrived in-country at the start of the weekend.
Strangely, the shipment tracking doesn´t seem to continue past that, unless customs are being slow assholes again.

Hmm. Need to make a challenge of this.

How many turns between waves? 50% increase in urbies per wave or just +2 each wave? What should we start at, 4? 8 turns per wave or 12?

First up is coincidentally the Urbie.

Assembly was easy, clean up easy and required mostly just a typical box cutter type knife to carefully carve off flash and mould lines. I pinned one thing and that was the foot to the base.

I tested both superglue and poly cement on some sprue first and poly cement didn't work at all where as superglue bonded pretty fast even for it's usual speed. Very solid bond too. So make sure everything is in position when you go to glue, you don't get long to reposition.

Size comparison.

Nice base on that Hunchie

Almost all my favorite mechs in one picture. Great work on the models as well.

Can you use multiple TAGs on a single Mech?

Welp, time to buy Russian.

Ta, it's there to distract from my mediocre painting.

My wallet is looking at me with an aura that says 'you can't afford for this to be good damn it'.

Yes. You take secondary target mods as normal if tagging multiple targets.

Looks excellent. I was waiting for someone to do just as you have. And with your overall positive response my need to purchase some myself has just skyrocketed.

Working on some reference cards for Alpha Strike; specifically, the different lance types and the bonuses they provide.
I've attached a simple test card here; it's meant to be printed at TCG size.

Does this look functional to you guys?
Anything you'd change?

One thing I did think of was adding something like checkboxes to mark the use of expendable abilities or those where you need to choose a variant at the start of the game.

Can someone give me a breakdown about how communications equipment works? My understanding is that a 'Mech counts as having one ton base, and that if it wants to, say, communicate with a Warship, it then needs another three tons to do so, because the integral communications equipment counts with the gear you carry.

It does take 4 tons to communicate with a Warship, yes?

>Construction Rules: BattleMechs, Combat Vehicles and fighters of all kinds automatically possess a basic amount of communications equipment (equivalent to 1 ton) as part of their cockpit and control systems.
Tech Manual p 212

Gameplay rules are on TacOps p 194-195 and p 224, and there is probably some more. No idea where to look for communicating with ships.

large lasers and AC/5's are my longest range weapons at the moment.

Is it worth investing in TAG and Artemis IV LRM's?

No. TAG and Artemis IV don't work together, and until 3057, TAG is worthless with LRMs. I'd recommended swapping to ERLLs if you can reliably afford it, since the extra range helps a lot more units, unless you really want the cluster bonus for Artemis.

TAG and Artemis don't really work together. You want TAG and semi-guided, or Artemis.

my problem is most of my pilots are shit so im just trying to find ways to hit things at range. Boating more LL's (which means i need to find more fusion engined vehicles)

My idea was to boat LRM5's and use tag to slap shit with indirect fire.

Era, unit comp, average P/G. With those I can probably tweak your force a bit, so you can get more bang for your buck. But if it's a vehicle force, welcome to hard mode.

J.Edgar was modified to boat 8 small lasers in the turret.

The locust swapped the MG's for small lasers and more armour.

other than that i think most things are stock. only thing not pictured was a scout vtol i have (some 11/17 thing, that stock had 1 mg with ammo, swapped for 4 RL10's, use it for air strikes)

Hardmode is fun user. playing periphery nation.

id use infantry but it makes my laptop lag to shit opening the personnel roster.

also periphery general so prepare for terrible acquisition rolls.

Stalker up now. Not as good a cast as the urbie yet still no-where near the worst I've had to deal with from other miniatures lines. Most detailing is fixable with a drill and scoring to re-reveal stuff.

And oh fuck, the guy has released the Crab and King Crab since I started.

I saw somewhere that the Stalker base model was shit which is why his is not quite as neat.

Damn the Stalker is a big boy.

Lasers are generally a poor choice on vehicles, since you're forced to waste tonnage on extra HS. I'd go for SRM volleys. Your unit comp is overall very light, which makes it harder. Generally I'd say use the tanks as a backstop or a wall of fire for units your Locust pulls in, but the bot is too dumb too fool. I'd find something heavier than a bulldog, and make that your fire magnet. I hope you at least have vehicle effectiveness on.

Can /btg/ help me identify the mechs on this picture?
It's from the Portuguese release of Battletech.

Top to bottom, left to right,
Wolverine, Thunderbolt (?) Crusader (?)
Warhammer (?), Marauder II, Dervish, Can't tell,
Can't tell, Hatchetman, Can't tell the rest.

Got pictures from another angle?

That's the standard 3e boxed set.
top-to-bottom, left-to-right:

Wolverine, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster
Warhammer, Marauder, Archer, Crusader
Stinger, Rifleman, Shadow Hawk
Phoenix Hawk, Wasp, Griffin.

Meant left to right, top to bottom. Apologies.

Wolverine, Griffin, Battlemaster, Warhammer, archer, shad, pixie, marauder, thud, either a stinger or wasp, and I can't ID the rest

Thank you!
Thank you too!
Ah so there's no difference? Either way are the unseen on the box reseen versions or is it their old school look for 3e?
Either way thank you, I really want those mechs either way so I'll probably get it now.

>Either way are the unseen on the box reseen versions or is it their old school look for 3e?
3e was the last edition to include the classic unseen, so they'll be the straight macross/dougram originals

>Ah so there's no difference? Either way are the unseen on the box reseen versions or is it their old school look for 3e?
Those are 100% Unseen,crappy silver plastic and all. The boxed set looks identical from here; they also released similar sets in German, Spanish, and French IIRC

> Either way thank you, I really want those mechs either way so I'll probably get it now.
Awesome. Keep in mind you can usually get those particular 'Mechs for around $5-7US each, so don't overspend unless you really want 'em.

If you were building a Lyran "Wall of Steel", is the Mad Cat ll something to throw in there?

And what did the Clans have against the Mad Cat ll anyway?

It's a standard 'Mech made to sell to the IS and tarnishes the Mad Cat name. It's a double Clan Gauss assault. Not sure what you can possibly have against it.

1) Yes, it's great for that.
2) Because Lyrans can buy it and use it against the Falcons. And somehow taking them on with equivalent equipment is less honorable for the Clans than turkeyshooting under-armed foes.
3) Also probably Jews.

My local group is getting some Alpha Strike started, so I've got a simple 260-point game coming up tomorrow.
We'll be playing in the Clan Invasion era, with mechwarrior skill restricted: up to 2 at 2, the rest max at 3.

After going over several IS concepts (and being sad my full lance of Panthers hasn't arrived yet) I've decided to bring along a Star of Clanners instead.
Specifically:

Adder Prime (skill 2)
Nova Prime (skill 3)
Summoner Prime (skill 3)
Timber Wolf Prime (skill 3)
MAD-IIC (skill 2)

That's 260 points exactly.

I'm fully expecting my adversary to bring at least two full IS lances, maybe even a third since he began talking about discounts for lower-skill pilots.

Would you guys be interested in a proper batrep with pics and the like?
If so, I can probably arrange that.

No-one here will ever bitch about someone posting a batrep, dude.

Hell, I've got a game coming up tomorrow or Friday, and I'll post that as well (barring illness - both of us have severe chronic injuries.)

Lovely. I want to see the Nova.

If it looks as good as the Stalker, then I'm ordering like... one of everything.

I must say I do not understand this comic

It's based on a massive AU campaign that the Something Awful goons did a few years back. I think it's still ongoing.

>Played for years without Unseen.
>just joined the larger world of BT
>discovering Unseen for the first time
It's like Christmas

Where my fucking Marauder at?!

I know. I just got into Battletech, and I just learned about the Unseen bullshit, and honestly? I like the redesigns: unique enough to be called there own yet still recognizable.

Also, does anyone have the record sheets for the technical readouts? Are they in the mediafires?

Most, if not all, of the record sheets are available in the links in the OP. And welcome to the game.

eyyy thanks. Is there a list for what faction has what mechs, in what time period? Because I know Draconis Combine gets some star league era stuff because of a deal with Comstar, so does that mean they're the only ones with Atlases or something?

Getting tired of looking at the masterunitlist.com

goddamn, the old macross/battletech Warhammers will never stop having a toad face for me

shit, after three years of being a macross fan I just noticed the toad face. Thanks a lot.

There is no army list. Just about any mech can be had by almost every faction at one point or another. The MUL is going to be your best bet though.

That's what the MUL does, pretty much.

Okay.

good to hear. I just thought some factions might have exclusive mechs(I think the space nips have something called a dragon? with a samurai sword?)

The Space Nips are really into theming. They have that 'Mech that looks like a giant boobie, and that other one with a ring through it.

Oh, and those special rules that make them harder when it is cold.

Nova!
Temporary base.
really easy to put toget this one, not much clean up, though I did manage to snap the left arm when cutting but just stuck it back together. don't feel like I need to pin the joint, though I may do like I did with the urbie and pin it to a base.

>separate leg and arm joints
burn it down

mmmHHHMmmm, tell me more about the Space Nips

where are the record sheets for TRO 3057? I dont see 'em in the mediafires.

I like most of the Reseen looks better to be honest.

>I just thought some factions might have exclusive mechs
Only kinda. Other factions will have a few of those factional designs, but they're only COMMON in one faction. Like the space japs will have probably 90% of all extant Dragons, but their neighbors and mercenaries will have some, too.
Grab TROs 3039 and 3025, they've got tons of info on this stuff

What are some common designs a Davion light/medium company might have?

The project Phoenix Reseen? Go directly to "fuck yourself." Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 C-bills.

The new redesigns are really solid, and they're equally as good (or so close, as a whole, that it averages out) as the originals. But the Phoenix reseens are a fucking abortion given lead alloy form.