Someone said this belonged here. But they were wrong. It does not belong here. I should not browse file, select...

Someone said this belonged here. But they were wrong. It does not belong here. I should not browse file, select, and hit the post button, with my right hand. I should remove the cap with my left hand and put the cap in my pocket. My left pocket.

This was originally posted to tumblr. The references to the wage gap made people upset. Many were triggered on that day.

That bit about the center divider probably depends on what sort of metal your plate is made from. On a steal breastplate it absolutely would drive the divider into the sternum. If the breasts were particularly pronounced then just falling forward might cause you injury.

People really should just realise that if they're going to have female fighters in plate worth a shit then realism is already out the window.

As armour (and plates in general) tend to get stronger and stiffer the further their shape diverges from flat (which is part of why a lot of armour is very far from flat, and why ridges and grooves of various kinds have often been popular decorative elements), I have a feeling the breastplate would be driven back somewhat forcefully before the boobs/moobs/pecs cave in. Assuming of course they haven't been thinned out too much by raising, have work hardened to excessive brittleness, or some other such manufacturing flaw.

How much this would make it press on what obviously varies immensely with the shape of the breastplate and the wearer. Though as long as we stay away from things that start to resemble sharpened edges I suspect you prefer not to have the armour collapse inwards.

Shitposting doesn't belong here, user.

>saying the wage gap doesn't exist.
Confirmed for white kid living off of parent's money.

>On a steal breastplate it absolutely would drive the divider into the sternum.
Nope! Turns out it would apply force relatively equally with whatever was contacting your skin! So it would entirely depend on the design.

>this entire thread
Has anyone been as far as decided to look more like?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT, user
WHAT IS YOUR POINT
WHAT ARE THESE IMAGES ABOUT
IT'S LIKE SOMEONE MADE A WORD SALAD OUT OF THE SCRABBLE SET

BOOB ARMOR WOULD NOT KILL YOU BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST? WHAT THE FUCK
IT'S LIKE SAYING DINOSAURS WOULDN'T KILL YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTINCT

THE BOOB ARMOR ARGUMENT BOILS DOWN TO "WHAT IF BOOB ARMOR EXISTED AND WAS EMPLOYED MORE OR LESS REGULARLY IN BATTLE? WOULD IT BE PRACTICAL ENOUGH TO WARRANT ITS USAGE, AND IF YES, HOW WOULD YOU JUSTIFY IT?"

THE WHOLE PREMISE OF THE ARGUMENT RESTS ON THE ASSUMPTION OF "WHAT IF"
THIS IS THE SAME BOARD THAT CONSTANTLY ARGUES ABOUT FANTASY RACISM
THIS IS THE SAME BOARD THAT CONSTANTLY INDULGES IN WISH FULFILLMENT

IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE "WHAT IF" PREMISE OF THE ARGUMENT PRESENTED, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO REFUTE THE ARGUMENT ITSELF?

THAT'S FUCKING IT

FUCK
JUST
FUCK
JESUS CHRIST
I'M MAD
JUST FUCKING END YOURSELF OP

... Are you saying that as confirmed for having an education and moderate amount of logical thought or curiousity for evidence?

You devious sonovabitch.

>giving OP what he wants

It's pretty much common knowledge that the wage gap as it is usually invoked (gender discrimination) is a complete fabrication supported by the deliberate misinterpretation of data.

It doesn't exist as presented. The 77 cents on the dollar figure is due to flawed statistics, and as such is not an accurate representation of what's going on.

Why your left pocket user? Why the left? Tell us, are you one of those left pocket elitists? the fuck you mean by left pocket, you flamboyant snobish faggot!?

(You)

But if blows get deflected into the sternum, doesn't that mean you could reinforce the sternum to make it SUPER GOOD armor?

>Women were regularly in combat
>Any sort of standard for feminine armor
why do people fucking care? Women in combat is largely a modern concept as well.
>Muh shield bearers
proven bullshit
>muh joan of arc
proven bullshit
>amazons
do you even have brain?

>I work less hours than the guy that's in open to closing time
>why am I getting less money than him?

(You)

Order of the hatchett

Yeah. Makes you wonder why historical examples of plate cuirasses were wedged instead of directing the blow in to a reinforced bit.

I mean, imagine someone poked you with a spear and instead of the point glancing off and past your body, it glanced into the reinforced bit and delivered all the energy from the blow into your body instead. Clearly a better option.

Neat

I wrote a huge more or less boiling down to But honestly, fuck that crap.
I'm just gonna call OP a faggot for stirring shit and suggest we turn this thread into a chainmail bikini/female warrior pics thread. Because I lost all of my collection when I had to buy a new computer.

what about mono-boob armor with no cleavage? less sexy, but wouldn't that be relatively practical?

Didn't have female armour, because they used whatever they could get their hands on.

Still makes indents in the armour that spears can catch on and spike through it.

While we do see wedged designs, we also see some designs that do not appear to attempt to optimise the deflection bit, through extensive ridges or simply by covering the armour in leather or fabric.

And, of course, something like a mail hauberk doesn't seem very likely to have a somewhat perpendicular spear thrust slide off.

That would remove the biggest issue with boon plate, yeah.

I guess a slight reshaping of this one, or just waiting a while, would get you there.

This entire thread is pointless because the boob armor debate is not about physics or logic, it's just what the people who get riled up about men enjoying boobs cite as the reason.

>Oh no, some icky guys are enjoying cleavage over there, I better find a logical reason for why they shouldn't be allowed to.

The people who are upset about it won't shut up if you disprove their arguments, because their problem isn't actually with boob armour being or not being unreasonable, their problem is with people enjoying... anything, really.

Stop googling pictures and pretending you know what you're looking at.

Well, it's due to flawed interpretation of statistics. The studies I've seen are generally pretty spot on, either explaining the possible reasons behind the gap, or explaining that the reason for the gap isn't fully known... the problem is the people who don't understand what the studies are saying and just repeat the "77 cents on the dollar" statistic without bothering to look into it at all.

Yeap, that would be the best. Just make sure you to put on a helmet, dont wear high heels and dont expose any skin.
I personally don't have a big problem with twin-boob armor as long as the rest of the body is covered with armor.
Yes, catching the full blow with your chest is bad, but hey at least your not wearing a chain mail bikini.

The ridges make the armor more rigid and better able to resist deformation.

The whole "curved surfaces deflect blows" is true to an extent, but massively exaggerated by people who learned about armor from D&D.

We had an arms and armor thread here recently where someone literally said that armor either deflects blows or it gets penetrated.

The truth is that for the absolutely majority of the medieval period, including the period when plate armor came into common usage, weapons were hardened more than armor was. This means that the surface material of armor was softer than the weapons, and basically any weapon can catch rather than skid off, unless you're hitting someone with a completely smooth and featureless ball of some kind.

Plate armor was pretty good at stopping hits dead, they did not rely mainly on things slipping off as a method of protection.

Pretty sure those decorative suits were meant for tournaments and shit. Quite often the actual suits worn in combat have rusted away in shallow graves and stores, while the fancy suits of the rich and powerful have survived as heirlooms over the centuries. Wasn't there some battleground they found somewhere where some of the armour was pretty much metal plates bent and attached to clothing and shit?

>mail hauberk

Do those things even need to be made with boobs in mind? Just like a sweater it'd just form to the contours of the wearer. There's not "boob-plate" in non-plate armour.

>Pretty sure

Well then, if you're pretty sure the rest of us can just burn all our books on the subject.

Though even a partial deflection is still a great defense. It's not so much that your plate would cause a ton of blows to glance off, but even a blow that connects will have less force behind it if it's striking an angled surface. Maybe not much less force depending on the angle, but every little bit helps.

A lot of people also forget about padding, or even mail, being worn under plate. Even if (and this is a big if) you penetrate someone's plate, that doesn't mean your strike is doing any damage, you also have to get through what they're wearing under the plate, and even a padded gambeson is surprisingly effective as armor. I mean, it's not much compared to mail or plate, but it's a hell of a lot better than what most people imagine when they hear of armor made of cloth.

>Wasn't there some battleground they found somewhere where some of the armour was pretty much metal plates bent and attached to clothing and shit?

What you're describing is brigandine armor. It consists of metal plates riveted to a coat. It's what gave rise to the myth of studded leather armor.

Pregnancy armor? What on Earth was going on that armorsmith's mind?!

which didn't do any fighting at all

It's not just simply glancing off. It's also about energy transfer. Those spikes you often see on maces and clubs are not to make it look menacing, it's to give it grip when hitting something, so that when you strike at an angles piece of metal the pointy bits grip into the surface and help to deliver more of the energy to the target than if you were hitting it without such bits. Even if the shot or thrust stuck to the armour, there's a good chance the shape helped to deflect some of the energy from impacting you head on.

But yeah, armour is like modern day armour. Few shots can fuck it up, but it saved your life, didn't it? All the energy that goes into making its way through the metal is energy that's not going into you. There's accounts of knights fighting with arrows stuck to their bodies, since they've merely penetrated the armour but have not embedded themselves in flesh, thus not actually hurting them.

No, it was like pieces of metal nailed to shoes and shit. Very crude and simple, nothing fancy.

Look at the distance from the neck, the plate would be over the chest.

the force that is transfered to you if it's "stuck" on your armor is just a secondary issue. The main issue is that if that happens that means you can't get closer to your opponent and he can push you back. Not an ideal thing when you want to murderrape someone.

Well, clearly you have those book in hand. Do show us historical accounts of knights riding into battle in their Sunday bests.

As a man, I dislike boob armour due to a habituation and a preference for class over shameless lewdity. And rarely will boobplate have any kind of class, just vulgarity.

>i think having a fish taco and popping out cuntspawn means i deserve more,for less

>if that happens that means you can't get closer to your opponent

What do you mean. If I'm running in and they swing a mace at me and hit me, say, on the shoulder, how is that gonna keep me away from them?

It was probably just impromptu peasant gear. Only the really rich assholes got full plate. If you weren't rich you got other shit. If you were poor you just bolted scrap where you could because fuck it was better than nothing.

>PS: all elves are whores...
I chuckled

>the problem is the people who don't understand what the studies are saying and just repeat the "77 cents on the dollar" statistic without bothering to look into it at all.

and it is these who get political power

Exactly. Not all medieval armour was what you see in museums.

>As a dickless numale cuck, I dislike boob armour due to a habituation and a preference for class over shameless lewdity. And rarely will boobplate have any kind of class, just vulgarity

1v1 a gun LMAO

>Yeah. Makes you wonder why historical examples of plate cuirasses were wedged instead of directing the blow in to a reinforced bit.

Fashion.

This desu senpai.

Confirmed for not knowing econometrics or having read the studies in question.

Obvious bait thread

I love that you are looking down on people "who learned about armor from D&D" because their ideas don't agree with what you learned about armor on Veeky Forums.

Brilliant.

I mainly meant against stab attacks which is the main argument against "OMG BOOBPLATES"

>Oglaf is feminist propaganda
Well, that tells me everything I need to know about this thread.