Warhammer 40k General

Arm Chair Accountants Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Threadly game design challenge:

Add a new type of vehicle.

What are its rules, and which current models are changed to it?

First for shity edit of OP image but at least its not fucking wallpapers.

Monstrous Walker

Has AV, facing, and most normal walker rules, but a different damage chart and some other melee/shooting tweaks.

Tau and Eldar Battlesuits, etc, are changed to this.

Type of vehicle is rough, I can't think of anything specific I would add since water isn't on the field and trains would be retarded.

You wanted the meme image I gave you the meme image. You can't be pleased can you?

Tank. now a full vehicle type. Gains additional protection against lower str and poor ap attacks. And lowers vehicle damage table results (assuming that the vehicle damage table isn't changed overall).

Things that were basically 'light tanks' before, eldar tanks etc, don't get the new class, just the ability to tank shock as before.

Russes, Land Raiders, predators, hammerheads, battlewagons, some more things like that get the new class.

>I would add since water isn't on the field and trains would be retarded.

Don't Orks have a train and a submarine model?

Or am I just remembering really good kitbashes.

Way too fucking early for a new thread.
You clearly just wanted to force your OP image.

>Not X-WingHammer 40k General.

eldar doesn't have battlesuits. Wraithlords have been MCs forever and are fine. And there is no pilot. The avatar is fine too.

The Wraithlord is just stupid undercost.

>You wanted the meme image I gave you the meme image. You can't be pleased can you?

I think its more of a "This is shit, but at least its tolerable shit."

Speaking of which, is there any fluff regarding naval combat, (not void combat). I'm only aware of Ork submarines. Is it all about submarines?

Old news

>Way too fucking early for a new thread.
Other thread reached bump limit, eat a dick.

>You clearly just wanted to force your OP image.
And now its forced. Relax and go back to talking about miniatures.

Yeah the other thread is active right now. These faggots and their pathetic pissing contest over the OP image. How devoid of meaning does your life have to be to care about an image in a Veeky Forums thread?

Tau have underwater combat versions of their suits, and SM just walk into the ocean in their power armor.

>Other thread reached bump limit, eat a dick.
And generals can last a good couple of hours or more after hitting bump limit. If it's at page 9 or 10, then making a new general is fine.
But it hitting bump limit is in no way an indication that a new thread is needed.
So fuck off.

first try at the tank rules

Can only be glanced when hit from front or sides unless the shot is AP2 or better. 4+/5+/+6 (f/s/r) save against glancing hits with S7 or less (haywire gets around this).

Subtract remaining hullpoints from results on the vehicle damage table.

Fluff-wise, who are/were the strongest fighters in the imperium after the Emperor and Primarchs?

My take would be:

1) Malcador
2) Valdor
..A bunch of other custodians
..A bunch of Grey Knight grand masters

Do the Tau become more dark blue or gray blue depending on the ratio UV rays from the sun?

Has anyone used the new Ork bommer in a game yet?

In the old lore, Mantas and Hammerheads could operate in the waters as I remember the Space Wolves having a battle where their Thunder Hawks were launching prop(eller?) bombs against them in the old Planet Strike book.

Fighter or psyker?
Because malcador was the third most powerful psyker, but he's still an old man, and as such wouldn't be a great fighter

From lexicanum:

The colour of a Tau’s skin often depends to his caste as well which sept he calls home. In general it can be said that the the Air caste have the palest pigmentation, while Fire caste tend to have the darker. The darker the Tau’s bluish-grey skin, the closer to the sun he lives - therefore those living on Vior’la have much darker skin than those from B’orkan. Also it is known that some strange quality in the green-tinged sun of the N'dras sept can leave those from that region slightly mottled.[4b]

It has also been suggested by several Imperial observers that Tau blood is bluish-purple, explaining that the blood contains trace amounts of cobalt, rather than iron as common in humans[5] (although this would actually result in an amber-yellow colour when oxygenated).[Needs Citation]

Rapid Infiltration Cadre=1035
Stealth team=200
6 suits, 2 fusion blasters, 2 target locks

Crisis team=210
2 suits, 4 plasma rifles, 2 CDS, 4 gun drones
Crisis team=210
2 suits, 4 fusion blasters, 2 target locks, 4 gun drones
Crisis team=210
2 suits, 4 plasma rifles, 2 CDS, 4 gun drones

Riptide=205
Ion accelerator, EWO, velocity tracker

Optimized stealth cadre=455
Stealth team=220
6 stealth suits, 2 fusion blasters, 2 target locks, shas'vre, homing beacon
Stealth team=90
3 suits
Ghostkeel=145
Big ion thing, fusion blasters, CDS

I don't think this is a good idea

Veeky Forums, what's your preferred way to kill a Riptide?

>Underwater combat.

I hope they use Supercavitating torpedoes and underwater lasers.

Let it shoot at me

scions

Kill the Markerlights.

Nova Reactor Overcharge.

Grots

So, at how many points is it reasonable to bring flyers now? How about flyer wings and their patterns?

6 ironclad dreadnoughts in assault

GWs main way of 'bringing in new blood' is to have customers spread word of mouth to get people interested then to have the managers reel them in with an introductory game, right?

Two questions.
Wouldn't this mean that the game is the major draw of the customer base? How do they try to draw someone purely interested in painted by drawn to GW over all the other products on stock if they so firmly believe only 20% play the game?

And would the awful, awful balance plaguing the game cause their customers to speak of it negatively and discourage word of mouth drawing in new blood? How can GW say that they don't really care about developing their product as a game if it's one of the biggest draw factors? You don't need two people to paint, only play.

Kill Markerlights and assault ASAP.

Being an extremely powerful psyker makes you a formidable opponent in a fight, even if you are physically frail.
But ok, we can count Malcador out.

It is a very sad state for a man to be in.
What's more, OP is a butthurt faggot who does this quite often, which can be demonstrated by the fact that he uses the same file name, because he can't handle an OP image with a chicken, tauface or if it doesn't have the mouthes edited out.
Oh well. Such a sad state, but at least he isn't Anthony burch.

Nurgle daemon princes with baleful blades.

At my shop you are usually seeing fliers around 1500 and as many as three by 2000. Most I have seen was 5 in a 3000pt game.

One dreadnought, it's hilarious.

>How can GW say that they don't really care about developing their product as a game if it's one of the biggest draw factors?

That was the old CEO, Actual Hitler.

The new CEO doesn't have retarded opinions that the rules are literally pointless like the old one did.

By exploiting their secret weakness
using telepathy to force panic tests.

>the cool fragmentation projector will never come back
>we're stuck with the stupid mini-mortar
lame

Where is Valdor these days anyway?
Did he died some time after the heresy?
Did he become a daemon prince of the Emperor?

Fast walkers, can move 12" but can only fire one weapon at full bs. I'm looking at you, scout sentinels

Get over yourself

Ignore it until it's close enough to blast it with rending lasguns. If it doesn't have its invulnerable save turned on, ignores cover lascannons do the trick too

you're mixing up about a dozen different things.

First, first time players playing trial games won't have an immediate idea of the balance issues. Identifying those is a skill. New players won't see this. Word of mouth might be hurt by this, but hardcore players are not as good at word of mouth as casual enthusiasts.

Don't confuse 'the game' with 'the competative game'.

Next, the pure word of mouth strategy is and has been moved away from. Drawing interest though video games, presence on shelves outside of dedicated gaming stores, board games that start people on collecting.

'Junker' type. Isn't really a new type of vehicle, but a downgrade that can be taken to existing vehicles.

Many Ork vehicles can take this and new models open up for armies like lost and the damned, and maybe a new kroot vehicle. Basically they are just like the vehicles they downgrade from except they get large point cost reductions overall, in exchange for minus some hull points, minus 1 armor to all sides, and possible open topped. However they repair certain results on the pen chart as well on 4+, and have a slight chance to regain lost hull points 5+. They take dangerous terrain on a 1 or 2, but can also try to repair immobilized results every turn on a 5+.

we should have a poll on what got people the start 40k , games books , friends/family etc

What if Kroot were an Old One dry-run of Orks

Think about it, why else would Kroothounds and Krootox etc exist

maybe. I always thought that if the Old Ones didn't exist in the lore, the Kroot could be expanded into their own army similar to lizardmen.

I was going to guess psychic scream.

>rending lasguns.
IG can have rending las guns?

decent idea, but Veeky Forums is not a representative sample of the player base. We're all pretty dedicated gamers and hobbiests.

Usually it's near the back board so it can avoid melee and it's in no danger of panic tests, right?
nope, terrify!

Take a panic test with -1 leadership or its runs off the board no saves of any kind allowed.

I can dig it.

Apparently they just use Ultramarines.

That one Tau v Ultramarines throwaway line is the only time I've seen anything about underwater combat. TG tried to rectify that with the Drowned Haifisch of Tysomething, but apparently people didn't like the idea of them boarding enemy ships by pumping them full of warp-fucked sea water.

The game's shit balance hurts casual play more than competitive play. GW's utter disregard for the game's balance is a major flaw.

How long over-due are Orks for a psychic or Weird-Boy Walker?

im not a dedicated gamer or hobbyist, can you guess why i am here?

Not at all.

What faction is your homebrew army, Veeky Forums?
What's their name?

Dedicated shitposter?

I'm not autistic enough to head cannon a faction for my army

evidence? even an arguement?

It's a flaw, don't get me wrong. But the rest of your claim needs something to back it up

NO! IT"S CALLED DEDICATED MEME POSTER, MEME POSTER!!! 40K MEME POSTING!!!!!!!1 IT WAS IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION

What leadership is the Riptide? 9?
Isn't that only a 50% chance it fails?

this isn't r9k you won't get "hilarious keks" out of your /b/ro's for posting repetitive jokes without context user

I'm putting together a Space Wood Elf army, using Eldar Rules.

It's mostly Treemen of various sizes using the wraith rules.

Oh you're the frogposter that refuses to get a trip so we can filter?

I don't even play the tabletop yet
I just play Dawn of War and post army lists sometimes

I never got this point of view. Im pretty new but I was under the impression that codex armies are an inspiration for our own armies. Why wouldnt I want my guys to have a place in the story alongside thw Cadians or Ultramarines. Coming up with some short fiction for your guys doesn't seem anymore autistic than playing space man while totally copying someone else's force.

>group of friends gets into 40k
>start with Orks, Eldar, Tau, and Skitarii
Wow, truly balance is irrelevant for casual play. I'm sure little Jimmy will his Orks getting effortlessly eradicated every game.

The odds of failing an Ld. 8 test (Ld. 9-1) is 27.77%.

Here's a joke for you _____orks_____

My personal favorite is using Heavy Grav Cannon Destroyers to not only ignore his armour but also make him pay for it. I make them stealth and shrouded first turn so good luck killing the buggers.
P.S why have I got the "Identify shop fronts" captcha 5 times in a fucking row?

...will enjoy* his Orks...

That sounds pretty awesome. Do they have a maidenworld or craftworld? My guys I have been reading up on Arthurian legend for. I want to capture the theme of questing and knight errantry without having any of the characters be direct analogues for Arthurian characters like Iwain or Lancelot.

>but I was under the impression that codex armies are an inspiration for our own armies.

Depends on the individual, some people go for that others don't

Writing fiction holds literally zero interest for me

>Coming up with some short fiction for your guys doesn't seem anymore autistic than playing space man while totally copying someone else's force.

What do you mean by copying, though? Fiction doesn't come into play on the tabletop, and I just run whatever and paint however I want.

Old joke.

>Ignore it until it's close enough to blast it with rending lasguns

Do you have a single shred of proof to back up anything you just said?

Honestly, I wish you would start tripfagging. That way it would save alot of people time and hassle and prevent them from reading your retarded posts.

>fiction doesn't come into play on the tabletop
it does if you want it to. Some people like setting up mission with a story behind them or even campaigns.

I'm not saying you have to, but there is an element of fun in that for some people.

Thats all well and good but why care if I make up my own Knightly House or Necron Dynasty so long as I dont break the lore? Gives me way more inspiration to work on my dudes and none of my friends are big into literature or anything so they enjoy when I show them whatI based them on so they can hear about some of these legends they might otherwise never hear.

Dont give the shill more replies. Anyone who actually plays a lesser faction knows you're right.

Shitposter, do you have any proof for the counter-claim that balance isn't relevant for casual play? Hell, do you have proof for a single dumbass claim that you put forth here ?

As the game is right now, half the codexes can't even play a fun game against each other because of how awful the balance is. Even the greenest, most casual player in the game is going to notice the difference between Codex: Adeptes Astartes and Codex: Chaos Space Marines or the difference between Codex: Tau and Codex: Orks pretty fucking fast.

The idea that word of mouth isn't relevant for a social game that necessitates having other players in the same area is asinine.

>Thats all well and good but why care if I make up my own Knightly House or Necron Dynasty so long as I dont break the lore?

Where did I say that I do

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>still no prove
Stay mad, shitposter.

Recommend me a color scheme for my new Tau army, Veeky Forums

So far I'm leaning towards red, with black secondary, white accent colors, and some third color as sept marking

Sure, this guy's a troll, but the "balance doesn't matter for casual play" meme gets trotted out fairly frequently.

My head cannon is that it's a maiden world, and they were one of the last Exodites. They didn't quite get out in time so didn't have the resources to store souls in a World Spirit, so they're making do sticking them in trees instead.

>My guys I have been reading up on Arthurian legend for.
That's pretty cool. What army are you planning on using?

I might do White Scars and have them modeled as knights on bikes, instead of horseback. Maybe have Smashfucker (tm) modeled as the Green Knight.

>people want to hear me sprout shit off about mah special snowflakes
Max kek

Red armor with Black fatigues with white accent colors and white sept colors

>So far I'm leaning towards red, with black secondary, white accent colors, and some third color as sept marking
So it's farsight.

Casual players pick units effectively at random.

>Sly Marbo
Right in the feels.

I miss Marbo so bad. My buddy plays Tau, and would devote his entire army to killing him the first turn he shows up.

Only one of those was me, and what I said was that balance is AS important for casual play as it is for tournament.
It matters, just a lot less.

This may come as a surprise but simply parroting that overused fucking meme DOESN'T make you correct.
However it does make you an asshole

Because fuck you
You could pay to avoid it like me peasant