How might a high-level bard threaten the security of the Kingdom?

How might a high-level bard threaten the security of the Kingdom?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/926361/
readordie.wikia.com/wiki/Suicide_Symphony
youtube.com/watch?v=cWEUgUIFl6Q&index=18&list=PLC47C58748772D11B
youtube.com/watch?v=_-MG4ejYe94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Being charismatic and staging a coup

>threaten the security of the Kingdom?

Propaganda.

they would be able to work their way into the highest sections of the government through charm and wit. They could manipulate everyone around them with their natural talent or through spells.

Pied Piper-ing?

Read this (they add 3 levels of bard later in the thread)
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/926361/

DROPPING THE BASS SO HARD IT SINKS THE COUNTRY INTO THE UNDERDARK

1. Build huge metal cones ontop of the highest building.
2. Play violin.
3. Everyone gets a toothache, glass shatters from a resonance and the dogs just won't shut up.

>David

readordie.wikia.com/wiki/Suicide_Symphony

>How might a high-level user of mind-control threaten the security of the Kingdom?
Use your imagination

In PF he could be a Demagogue. They're designed to gather crowds then cause the crowd to not only riot indiscriminately, but become more powerful for the duration of the riot.

A group of commoners a demagogue has incited to violent will have +2 Str/Con AND inspire courage (though you are behind by 1 on it). Lets say he's 11th level. He has the appropriate feats and a darkskull.

He is giving +4 to attack, +3 to damage, +1 HP per HD, +1 fort save, +1 will save, -2 AC, +1d6 damage on any melee attack. The mob is gonna chew through other commoners.

My bard has suddenly developed the urge to overthrow a religion. Thanks OP, this is all your fault.

Singing the song of awakening for an ancient evil.

Seducing the entire royal family at the same time.

Playing two recorders at the same time.

>Playing two recorders at the same time.
that's pretty lewd

Summoning Mustakrakish is one way to threaten the security of a kingdom.

If he's a Dirgesinger, - just like any necromancer. Or lower the morale of country by singing sad songs so hard everyone does suicide.

HELL YEAH

>Playing two recorders at the same time.
Well, you've had practice from the king and his princess (male)

Do revolutions/coups count as security threats?

Because a high-level bard could likely take the throne with little to no outcry from the people.

Hark, hark, the dogs do bark,
But only one in three.
They bark at those in velvet gowns,
They never bark at me.

The Duke is fond of velvet gowns,
He'll ask you all to tea.
But I'm in rags, and I'm in tags,
He'll never send for me.

The Duke is fond of kittens.
He likes to take their insides out,
And use their fur for mittens.

The cravens are going to bed.
Some will rise and greet the sun,
But Whisper will be dead.

Ever seen Metalocalypse?

You know how, like how rock n roll threats christianity.

A guy who can change his appearance, use magic to force other people to agree with him, and can sway whole mobs of people by playing a lute.

Yeah I can't think of anything.

And build a cult of a clown puppet holding a banjo.

Through protest music. Maybe the Bard is a celebrated artist with a huge and devoted following. Maybe his music contains social and political undertones that speak to the unwashed masses.

Perhaps the Bard even meets his end at the hands of overzealous archers. The archers were working crowd control at a peaceful protest. One of them gets nervous, its the new guy. A few stray arrows later, our Bard is bleeding to death in the arms of one of his followers.

The outrage sweeps throughout the kingdom, and a peaceful change of power results. Or genuine reform comes about. All thanks to the Bards veiled commentary planting the seeds through music. And he continues to influence the kingdom a generation or two later.

Use a Lyre of Building to make a newer, better Kingdom of the Future next door?

Inpregnating the princess

Don't worry user. I got the reference unlike these other pussy farts

Imagine if the drummer from Nirvana got serious.

>53. Grunge gets their shit together.

Pussy farts is the best phrase

Imagine if Keith Richards started doing drugs again.

Dire AIDS

Our party didn't have a bard, but we did threaten to leave the kingdom to its fate if the sultan didn't handover the diamonds for a resurrection spell (which was a big taboo for that kingdom's culture)

Donald Trump.

Nope. Just a garden variety rich attention seeker.

By awakening the lake troll.

Pied motherfucking Piper.

The Bard could invent a style of music that's popular with one subset of the population. This music would glorify deviant and outright retarded behavior, along with separatism from mainstream society, causing that portion of the population to remain a constant burden and security threat for the rest of society.

GODDAMN OT; user! now i have to spend the whole night trying to figure out d&d conversionss for dethklok

>this emergency requires my strongest spell
>BLOOD
>OCEAN

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

> chaotic neutral bard just wants to have the most metal adventure ever
>the bbeg is also a bard
> entire party is wiped out except for the bard playing the most intense bout of dueling mandolins ever

Impregnating all the females of the land, who give birth to his fetus-army.

I always thought this song did it pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=cWEUgUIFl6Q&index=18&list=PLC47C58748772D11B

the queen spilling secrets to her gay best friend

He's just more proof that this "IRL" system really needs some errata on the Wealth rules.

Can you... hear the people sing?

Be anointed as the rightful king by a local cleric.

Propaganda; he can unite all the monsters in the area and lead them against the Kingdom.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-MG4ejYe94

Making people believe something dangerous.

That was the best episode ever.

It's easier if you're already the prince.

Journalist bard disclosing unethical magic experimetns that the royal family has going on in order to win the inevitable war, duh.

Sensible answer: Wispering campaign, politics in general, propaganda, seducing everyone.

More amusing dickhead answer: Swich out every higher level spell to give you additional castings of Hideous Laughter and Grease each day then stand at the back of wherever laws and diplomatic decisions get made in an invisibility cloak and fuck shit up.