Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

THE ETERNAL GENERAL WILL NEVER DIE edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/bench-pressing-character-creation-by-the-numbers/
pastebin.com/H0nMGiUv
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?487641-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Fool-s-Errand&p=20767991&viewfull=1#post20767991
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.2p89iv9p48ze
pastebin.com/kL5Cxh5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Take two levels of alchemist, take extra arm and feat: extra discovery: extra arm for four arms. Dual wield light crossbows. Take some fighter levels to afford all of the feats.

Deal utterbullshit damage.

Second for falling for bait from the bait shop on the shiny new bait hook.

I want to marry a Gnome.

A tantrum gnome?

Reminder that there's literally nothing wrong with ERP as long as the GM is clear from the start about how much ERP there will be and what kind of faggotry will/will not be tolerated.

I am level 6, my defenses are as follows:

HP:82
AC: 22
Fort: +8
Ref: +5
Will: +9

When buffed these go to:
HP: 111
AC: 30
Fort: +11
Ref: +5
Will: +11

Are these too low? Do any of you have suggestions for getting these just a bit higher? For reference I am Wizard 5/Alchemist 1. We are using Background Skills (not that I think it matters for this) and the feat fixes from.
>theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

>tfw my girlfriend does this almost weekly in VTM with her 10 year old malkavian vampire slut.
>always ends up fucking someone in order to kill them, with heavy detail.
>tfw I have a vampire fetish, but the child part makes me very uncomfortable.

You should be fine. Have a read here.
rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/bench-pressing-character-creation-by-the-numbers/

>When one aspect of the character is exactly your fetish, but the other parts are trash

Truly, this is it's own Hell.

Thoughts on Expanded Metakinesis from Magic Tactics Toolbox?
>kinetic blast spell level always scales to 1/2 of the kineticist's class level
>Disruptive blasts = concentration DC 10+level+Con to cast any spell or SLA
>Furious blasts = +level to damage
>burn cost should be eliminated by Gather Power, under the same dev statement that allows it to work with metakinesis in general

Is Furious worth it over Empower? I know Empower+Furious is way better than Maximize, once Supercharge comes online; hell, Empower alone was better than Maximize.

I shouldn't have to think "No, Boner, that's a child, remember?" in roleplay, at least in tabletop roleplay...

But at least I know her well enough to know she wouldn't do that shit in bed.

>Burning Amplification
So, now fireball is back to being obscenely powerful again?

>But at least I know her well enough to know she wouldn't do that shit in bed.
She wouldn't... be a 10-year-old in bed? Bring a 10-year-old with her to bed?

She wouldn't roleplay and act like one.

Also those, she wouldn't do those either.

So, I rebuilt my Sith Lord character a bit around Rapier attacks, (My DM wouldn't let me change my bloodline).

What do you think of this construction? I got some good tips a few threads ago, though I still maintain my plan to wait until level 11 to Prestige, continuing to level in Sorcerer until I take another level of Warlord at level 10.

If a spell, feat, or whatever is written like -This-, that means I don't have it yet, but plan to take it as soon as I level into it.

The character is the Party face, and I had meant to take more spells revolving around mind-tricks, torture, and interrogation, but since I'm so limited, I'm planning on focusing more on the necromancy

Marry an Elsbeth instead.

Iron Gods?

I wonder if it's a bad thing I think I recognized the artist of that hyper furry bard from the last thread.

>1d6 extra burn damage a round, if the enemy fails their saving throws

I mean, it's something, but I wouldn't call that obscenely powerful. Isn't a Dazing Empowered Fireball the pinnacle of blasting spells anyway?

they have to eat actions by performing those checks, though, and don't those actions provoke AOO?

/pfg/ is there anywhere that indexes/rates quality homebrew materials for PF?

Doesn't she have that one drow girl to headpat, though? Or am I getting all the /pfg/ waifus mixed up?

You're mistaken, there's no action listed for the check to put fire out.
>Characters at risk of catching fire are allowed a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid this fate. If a character's clothes or hair catch fire, he takes 1d6 points of damage immediately. In each subsequent round, the burning character must make another Reflex saving throw. Failure means he takes another 1d6 points of damage that round. Success means that the fire has gone out—that is, once he succeeds on his saving throw, he's no longer on fire.

I think it's only rolling on the ground that takes an action, but provides a bonus to put yourself out, yeah?

Why wouldn't you heighten instead of empower? An enemy dazed for 2 more rounds from a +2 DC spell is way more dangerous than a small amount of extra damage.

The wording is fucking retarded then.

Did the fire go out by itself, because it ran out of person to burn? No.

It went out because someone just decided to stop being on fire.

There needs to be an action here.

Yep. My character is to the Technic League what Sokka was to the Fire Nation or what Fred was to Red Herring in A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Then you don't know her well enough. Hope you two never have kids together, user.

I'd rather that gnome with the glasses in Ultimate Intrigue.

The feature that reduced burn from metakinesis applies here,right?

If so, neat.

She's sterile :)

Too bad? Imagine it however you want, the rules don't make it take an action. Lots of passive actionless effects actually imply extra movement, including making the first Reflex save.

Link?

Eh, I think I'd go with Shuguru, from that last thread.

Jmadoc, that you?

You have my attention now

Don't hide it from me /pfg/.
Tell me about your Pantheons of Gods. Who has what Domains, who are major with full 5 domains and who are minor with fewer domains? How is everything organized?

Just jmadoc.tumblr

I'm pretty bad at this so I mostly just draw randomly from mythology. The majority of my Good deity choices are different Angels functioning somewhat like Empyreal Lords, running the whole Good spectrum, while I have Demon Lords/Archfiends filling a similar role for Evil. In between I have standard Life/Nature aspect, standard Death aspect, The Morrigan as a War Goddess, a Dwarven robot for creation/Dwarves/the forge, a Monkey King... It's all a big mess.

I don't have a pantheon, it's more or less "people made up some gods to explain why they get powers by believing in something really, really hard."

That's it. That's all their is to the cosmology. Divine magic is powered by believing in something, and since it's impossible to really get a solid answer out of Celestials/Fiends about the nature of God, people have more or less built up religion how the real-world builds religion.

You'll find a major religion that worship the Sun God, his Moon Wife, and their numerous Heavenly Children, while others believe there is simply one god above all, or one that believes that every object has a spirit, etc.

Manifold Stare makes my Demoralize Mesmerist rock hard.

But what's the cause of it all, the unmoved mover? Or did he just peace out after he finished kickstarting reality?

Each of the races has their own god, unconcerned with morality and utterly devoted to the betterment of their species. While they do ally with celestial and fiends when it is convenient, they are generally to flaky for long term scheming with neither good nor evil. Half-breeds get to pick.

1nd for Innocuous Servant Dhampir Rogue.

First for disproportionately endowed kitsune bards.

Kitsunes should be banned Tbh.

Yay innocuous servant!

The pantheon of my setting has only a few major gods.

The Sun's Lost Brother (yes, I know, I'm not subtle) - LG god of being a Paladin
The Shepard, or The Spectre King - N god who guides the dead like an accountant sorts numbers and has a love of tech.
Gaia - CN goddess of nature. Basically an eternally angry and pregnant woman who thinks that those who need helping are too weak to be worth the effort
Typhoss - Almost less a god and more a hurricane that became perpetual and divine. Wander around wrecking stuff and has an odd tendency to use dragons as agents.
The Twin Founders - Twin gods of light and dark who made the world then were killed by accident by scared mortals. They were recently proved to be one god split in two as punishment for fucking up the balance of the cosmos.
Entriposs - A planar rift that got stuck and became alive. Should not exist and knows it, but is sustained by the world so wants to end the world as a way to self-terminate. Recently revealed to be an symptom of the cosmos being majorly fucked up by the god that was split into the founders.
The Star Children - A bunch of small gods who tend to help mortals out, but have little understanding of how their help can often make things worse. May or may not be cosmic horrors who got lost.

And then you have the myriad Vagrant deities who are in the hundreds and constantly emerge and get killed by each other in their scrambles for survival/influence. Generally they are objects or creatures who found a spark of power somewhere and absorbed it. Needless to say the best way to get such power is to kill a Vagrant, so they live short and bloody lives compared to most gods.

So, does anybody have any opinions on this? Pointers on how to become a better necromancer?

you forgot your image

>The Sun's Lost Brother (yes, I know, I'm not subtle) - LG god of being a Paladin
Forgot to mention. This guy abandoned his mantle of godhood because he was tired of immortality and went back to the world to finish off a monster he thought was dead but had refused to fully die. Is now properly dead having allowed the thing to possess him them having the party finish them off. Died satisfied.

first for companion to the lonely vigilante magical girls + their familiars.

Nah. More disproportionate.

First for asurant aegis punchmachines.

would let you romance her neck.

No its koalanon who got two renditions of Elsbeth done by based dorian

This is a tiefling (male), isn't it.

Nah, I was referring to the guy who posted said tittykitsune in the last thread. Although looking at the url of the character portrait in the mythweavers sheet, it's a commission, so not Jmadoc himself. Oh well.

How to make pic related in PF?

I don't know, how do you get Reduce Person to target a tiefling?

Not there yet, boyo.

They just need to have taken that Almost Human alt trait.

Warlord`

Shrink Object.

Nope, it's a girl.

I have a barebones homebrew setting I've been playing around with to stave off boredom, and I only really have a cluster of disjointed, terrible ideas.

>"Basically the Christian Holy Trinity" that's widely accepted as the creator and "father of all", yet basically never directly interferes with anything. Most good-aligned churches acknowledge them.
>Goddess of the Sun, one of the oldest "deities", with a heavy focus on family, justice, healing, and the occasional burning rage
>God of the Moon, Son of the Sun, something something "reflection of his mother", every time I try to figure out what to do with him everything sounds super generic. Being a keeper and dreams and watchman of the night makes me feel like an even bigger hack than I already am.
>Nature goddess that has a heavy focus on farming, animals, "something about harmony", and creatures of the wild
>God of Dragons because fuck being scared of dragon cliches when you have sun and moon deities
>a couple other major deities, that I haven't had reason to think much about yet, and plenty of minor ones too
>An elder dragon that's achieved the status of being a minor deity, and has multiple cities and villages of kobolds that act as servants. Had gotten fond of a human village and was tricked by another minor deity into having a daughter, whom he promptly gave to one of his most remote kobold cities in order to keep her hidden and safe after even more mishaps with the other deity
>A minor god of discovery, tricks, and fey creatures. Was kind of an asshole none of the other gods will talk about. Used to be quite popular in certain regions, but was sealed to the grounds of his main temple after playing one too many elaborate pranks. Now has his power siphoned in order to fuel the growth of a cursed forest.The little shit also has a crush on the elder dragon's halfbreed daughter. Which said elder dragon greatly resents.

IMO, kitsunes should be flat as an ironing board.

But how will you beguile people properly without a pair of bountiful baps?

what are some must have spells for Oracles at lower levels?

>>be level 12
>>the dps of the party rips through 500hp+ climactic boss fight in two rounds

So fun.

That's what Change Shape (Su) is for.

Welcome to 3.pf.

>level 12
>thinking that you can engage things in the way they like to fight and survive one round
What's next, going to try to grapple a purple worm or mind control a litch?

Who is speaking there?

the girl

I have finished my "Muscle Wizard"

>pastebin.com/H0nMGiUv
For reference we are using the "Elephant In The Room" feat fix and Background Skills. As well Retraining is allowed (and I have made use of it).

For reference here is the Elephant in the Room Fix:
>theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Any advice? Any bits and pieces I should change around to improve the build? I am set on the majority of my levels being in wizard, so before the suggestion is to not play wizard I want to state that.

It's a pretty magical realm game, full oc the pervier deities from Golarion but also some new ones.

Allia, NG goddess of pure love, virgins and newlyweds. Basically covers all the sweet and hopeful stuff. Favored weapon is the Dan Bong.

Ath'Dara, CE goddess of mutation, corruption and transformation. Worshippers love turning people into other things against their will. Favors the syringe spear.

Bendis, CG god of masks, goddess of revelry. Imagine if Slaanesh was good and constantly hosting celestial orgies. Favored weapon is the shortbow.

Kotys, CN goddess of furious battle and savage passions. Flirting means a black eye and those cracked ribs are just foreplay. Favors the totem spear.

Nylla, NG goddess of compasion and kindness. Mocked as goddess of the pity fuck. Worshipers can gain Companion of the Lonely as a feat, regardless of class. Favors the bladed scarf.

Shreghuath, CE demon god of tentacles and abuse. Has his tentacles but worshipers train with the garrote.

Vessana, LG goddess of obedience, duty and bondage. Punishment just means being rewarded with a "learning experience". Favors a non-spiked chain.

Zepar, LE god of the abuse of power. Rules over those who use their positions of authority to extort sexual favors from those who cannot resist. They have it coming for being 'less than' anyway. Truly favors the letter of the law as a weapon, but willing to wield a bola to capture those 'rebels' that would flee his brand of justice.

??

Normally the encounter lasts a few rounds at least, this was just dumb.

>Vessana, LG goddess of obedience, duty and bondage.
So Ardarvia?

If your DM thinks that any solo enemy that isn't CR 10+ can challenge a party of that level, he cleary don't know what he is doing.

Didn't know about Adarvia when I wrote the pantheon, and Vessana is more of an example/sub herself.

Hello all. I just wanted to let anyone who's watching the Fool's Errand playtest, we've just put up some major changes to how Grasp functions.

Namely, after a lot of discussion, we're decided not to go with the "skill vs CMD" setup it had had before. We found after trying several different methods that a Reflex save ended up having tighter math without the problem of making it easily an auto-success and Climb speeds doing weird things to balance. It's also a lot more fair against PCs for DMs who use initiating enemies now; save-replacer counters will work, and you can pump saves anyway.

Here's a link to the post on GitP about it: giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?487641-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Fool-s-Errand&p=20767991&viewfull=1#post20767991

And here's a link to the discipline itself: docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.2p89iv9p48ze

I just don't get how such high dpr can happen. I'm bad at character building, sure, but I just don't get it.

I fully agree that the best encounters are of multiple enemies with class levels, though. Action economy and all that.

Anyone with a weapon with a x4 crit multiplier?

High strength, two handing, power attack, and haste?

Not that hard really.

I like the discipline, but the Grasp looks wonky. I mean, it's a not!Grapple, and I personally think it add nothing interesting to the game.

Strong reposition tool that doesn't fully lock them down?

I am the titsune guy. What do you want?

I don't like it because it's too similar to Grapple, but the devs know that Grapple is ridiculous and decided to make a not!Grapple.

I personally think that maybe if the Stances and Strikes make the character you threaten or hit move like they are on difficult terrain and/or Slowed will do, but I can be wrong.

It's more a question of taste and less about being too strong or weak.

That's easy, where that falls down is mobility. Stuff like veiled moon in PoW is great but I don't have a clue what else is out there, or feasible to build around.

True, the crit threat range tend to be garbage though (which makes sense)

Why would you want that? And it still locks things down, it just only works against melee characters.

Also, I've just been told that I should be telling you guys that the second set of proofs for Path of War: Expanded's print edition and look pretty good!

We're currently sorting out stuff for processing pre-orders and getting the final PDF update up.

Speaking monetarily, how's PoWE doing, anyways?

The second set of proofs arrived*

PoW E's print editions are gonna be a thing shortly, in any case, as well as PDFs with final catches/fixes and updated layout.

Two Handed Fighter archetype. Damage bonuses, can auto-threat and confirm later on for crits with a+1 to the multiplier.

Assert Existence is still way too strong. It's a get out of jail free card that you can activate AFTER failing a save. Fuck that.

Actually I just changed him again, he's a half orc now. I changed out my Hero Points for the Anti-Hero feat.

His CL for transmutation spells went down by 1, but all his saves went up by 2. As well Disguise became a class skill and he gained +2 against fear effects.

>pastebin.com/kL5Cxh5c

Thoughts?

Would it be better as a boost?