Warhammer 40k General

Only post as your army edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/40k-Rare-oop-Vintage-Metal-Space-Marine-Sternguard-Veteran-Sergeant-w-Bolter-79-/262016290622?hash=item3d01634f3e:g:~oQAAOSwT6pV2Oe8
google.com/search?q=imperial space marine rules&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjC_8XIr9PMAhVW2WMKHXzwC74Q_AUIBygB&biw=1920&bih=955
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PRAISE THE PLAGUE

YOU LOT LOOK FAMILIAR, DID YOU SERVE IN THE FIRST WAR OF ARMAGEDDON?

You rang, Corpse-Worshipper?

ordo malleus reportin

I DON'T KNOW. THAT DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU WANT TO GET YOUR HEAD BLOWN OFF, BE INDUCTED AS AN ACOLYTE, OR FORGET WE EXIST, GUARDSMAN!

What was that?

Anyone know what paints I'd need for a skeleton themed Tyranid army?

For the fleshy bits I'll use red/pinkish colors to represent bone marrow, and Abaddon Black with probably a grey highlight for the eyes and some other spots to represent the holes in the skeleton.

I know I'll need a darker color for the feathering to contrast, some shade of orange?

Prospero looked really nice.

Yeah, leave it to a bunch of furfags to ruin something

Agrax over white makes a good bone colour

living bone is really bright white

I'd think a brown would do better than an orange color, maybe a light feathering of Zandri Dust? Though, I feel like it wouldn't be dark enough.

Perhaps Abaddon Black with a grey for the claws and teeth as well?

You could do a dot of red, or some other color for the eyes for a 'Necromancer's Raised Skeletons' look too.

WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF

>but also corgomancers

what do you call a group of backwater mekboyz?

Feral DORKS

Interesting. The dance is continuing, yet only the Young Race seem to be responding. Maybe they need to attend a performance of the fall.

I was just referring to how Armageddon was almost extarminatus'd on and Space Wolves said fuck that.

Has anyone had any games with the new Ork Flyer yet?

Is the new SM flyer able to be used by BA? As they have no AA.

Use the angels of death supplement as a reference or make a wild guess.

How'd I do for a 1000 point tonk army?

if you wanted tanks why not go for Vets in Chimeras as they make better use of Plasma. but if you're using Platoons then get an Aegis Defence Line for sweet sweet saves

Not bad, looks alot like my army. Just some advice, when you post the list, you can tell battlescribe not to puke every little snippet of info onto the page. It looks alot nicer and is easier to read with all the profiles summarized at the bottom of the page than in every single entry.

Consider moving the plasma guns in the blob to the platoon command squads. That way you can separate your plasma shooting to priority targets as necessary.

What powers are you going for with the psykers?

I don't think it can. The Stormtalon wasn't BA, and the Stormhawk doesn't appear in the BA section on the website.

I could be wrong and the rules allow it for BA but I doubt it. Making certain flyers no longer viable for AA with Death from the Skies was a bad move. It's 6E all over again where not every army has AA.

Also, plasma pistols aren't a good points investment. I'd advise getting rid of them and buying vox casters for the platoons. With leftover points you can pass around heavy stubbers on the tanks as gun insurance for the main guns

Yup.

'Good luck BA and GK. Have fun having no anti-air whatsoever hahahahahahah.'

-GamesWorkshop

>What powers are you going for with the psykers?
I haven't gotten that far. I tunnelvisioned on the tanks. Question: Do you know where I'd find Steel Legion command squad models?
I think it was a points problem. I'll look over the list again.

Hmmmm, no idea on that. Might try forgeworld or some third party models.

Does anyone know where I can get a metal space marine with bolter like pic related in one solid piece. I know they exist since I had one when I was younger . I'm feeling really nostalgic if anyone can help me.

I know they have those marines in plastic. The bolter isn't one piece, it pegs into the wrists.

The metal marines had plastic arms and bolters separate.

>that feel when grey knights have no anti air once again

time to go punk those daemon hunters

I'm still building mine, but I'm optimistic about the TL Tellyport Mega-Blasta. Because it's an assault weapon it gets a second shot from Waaagh! Plane.

Just cast some blessings on your psybolt autocannon dreads.

Oh wait

If it's a Wing leader, I think the new plane can also get another extra shot on all it's guns, or an extra 6" of range, both of which would be very nice on the Mega-Blasta

the metal marine I had was definitely one solid piece. does anyone know if GW ever gave out metal space marines for a promo at any point?

>third party models.
Like who? Looked on forgeworld and they only have Krieg shit. Sorry, I've loved 40k for a long time but only just bought my first model on Monday.

Like this? You're going to have to be more specific than "metal space marine with a metal bolter" or "special space marine model". There's literally hundreds of those and dozens of limited gamesday/convention/WD promo models.

Nope! Also
GGGGGGEEEEEETTTTT FFFFFUUUUCCCCKKKEEEDDD
sincerely
GW Dev Team

actually that looks spot on. There was nothing really special about it, it was a basic space marine with a bolter which is why I want a new one so much.

So does the wolves, I don't see neither of their fliers as attack fliers.

Will the print daemons codex with the wulfen formations actually bother writing in stuff like the malefic rolls for psykers? Will they finally print that exalted flamers can take gifts?

I don't know. I remember a few months ago I googled third party 40k models or something just to see what was available. I think there's a reddit page or something that has a list of companies that do good conversion parts

ebay.com/itm/40k-Rare-oop-Vintage-Metal-Space-Marine-Sternguard-Veteran-Sergeant-w-Bolter-79-/262016290622?hash=item3d01634f3e:g:~oQAAOSwT6pV2Oe8

Here's where I found it. I highly doubt the price and description is accurate though.

>GK 5th
>OMG FUCKING OP
>FUCKING PSYFLEMEN
>FUCKING PLASMA SIPHON
>FUCKING PALADINS 2W BULLSHIT
>FUCKING DRAIGO WING
>FUCKING REDEEMERS/CRUSADERS
>FUCKING DREADKNIGHTS

>7th Edit
>LOL GK?
>LOL 2W WON'T SAVE YOU FROM S8 AP2 BLASTS :^)
>LOL GOOD LUCK TAKING OUT MY FLYERS, WHERE'S YOUR PSYLEMEN? :^)
>LOL BROTHERHOOD CHAMPION? SHIT
>LOL CROWE? PATHETIC.

Funny how times change, isn't it?

More like

>Be glad we gave BA a unique weapon on the Fire Roc which nobody will allow you to use :^)
>Oh and it's not very good either!
>Heavy 4, Barrage, Large Blast, Blind, One Use and Descent Beacon
>Descent Beacon = Pick a target in Large Blast (I guess multiple units can be done?) and place a beacon, beacon remains till next turn. Allows any unit that Deep Strikes within 6" will not scatter
>Oh but good luck actually killing your target after Deep Striking :^) If you didn't get that Blind off you're in ever worse trouble :^)

Question, anybody got the rules for the 30th edition Space Marine?

I bought one but I don't want to open it yet.

no and no

as a daemon player i'm not sure weather to pity or laugh at grey knight troubles

Not him, but I'll have you know that my awesome Grey Knights got their shit thoroughly kicked in by a pure Khorne Daemons list!

What lost skyfire?

It's a regular marine that replaces one of your tacticals/assaults/devastators and has a plasma gun that has instant death but is only S5 and 18", as well as the same thing for his pistol, in addition to a regular bolter.

The big fuss everyone was making was that it's a free instant death gun for zero points, but it's just S5 with 18".

It gets hard to bitch about daemons considering the codex is still so good, but it really wouldn't kill them to do a thorough job for once.

And I think pity is the proper response, I played a friend who was excited to dust off his GKs and play against daemons. His entire paladin blob + draigo died to a khorne daemon prince with skullreaver and that about reshelved em.

my brotherhood champion has actually done work. He does better than Crowe's shitty ass.
we don't need your pity. laugh away.

google.com/search?q=imperial space marine rules&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjC_8XIr9PMAhVW2WMKHXzwC74Q_AUIBygB&biw=1920&bih=955

Played a game today using your dex against Mechanicus

It was an incredibly close game and managed to beat him by a single point

I usually get tabled versus thus guy's mech.

I will continue to use your codex against as many people as will let me.

yo guys, i've got a tourney starting tomorrow. i'm not really clear on one of the rules, could anyone else explain this to my dumbass?

>Lists must be battle forged. No restrictions on number of detachments, maximum one of each formation (with the exception of core, which allows two)

it's the, "which allows two" part i'm unfamiliar with? Does this mean my primary detachment can have two formations?

I'm guessing he's talking about Gladius or Decurion style detachments that require you to take two duplicate core formations.

>Does this mean my primary detachment can have two formations?

That's not how detachments work.

Well it says one of each formation so I'm assuming it allows you to take two core formations for decurion style detachments?

>ebay.com/itm/40k-Rare-oop-Vintage-Metal-Space-Marine-Sternguard-Veteran-Sergeant-w-Bolter-79-/262016290622?hash=item3d01634f3e:g:~oQAAOSwT6pV2Oe8
yeah that price is steep, I wish i was that nostalgic

>think of a cool color scheme
>find out it's been done to death

Do white-death nurgle

Guaranteed positive results

oh, alright. i'm unfamiliar with Decurion. I take it it consists of two other formations?

Are you space marines? Just change the eye color and grab a bunch of mk 2-3 shoulders to add gold/silver trim to the shoulders.

what was the scheme?

I never know why they don't give Crowe's daemon sword AP2.

Yes, he gets Smash from one of his rules, which is AP2. But change it so it's AP2 as normal and give him something else. It's a daemon weapon, it's STILL a daemon weapon made out of 'exotic' material. Should still eat through things.

Thanks. Not too bad. Instant Death 18"er. +1A due to two weapons. Shame it doesn't really do well for BA due to their CC bonus. Who gets the best out of it? Imperial Fist for Bolter re-rolls?

Just do it differently. I talked bout my OCDONUTSTEEl SoB Ordo on here I'm planning on getting (when Proxies arrive) and they mentioned it's the most known colour, but it all depends on how you do it. I'm still trying to work it out.

My sister did that for The Cleaved.

It was blue and white necrons. It definitely isn't original by any means, but I was surprised at how many people have done it.

Decurions are a formation detachment consisting of a specific combo of other formations.

What army do you play? You may not have a decurion style formation in your army since they haven't received an update yet. Decurions are basically like regular combined arms armies, except instead of troop slots, HQ slots, elite slots, etc, you have two troop FORMATIONS, and optional HQ formations, etc.

Thinking of two different builds to complement the Harlequins I'm definitely collecting.

One is Skitarii + Harlequins, running Onagers for AA/AV and maybe some Vanguard or Sicarians for debuffs to targets - crushing LD to make Shadowseers more effective (the -WS/I bubble on Sicarians is also nice, although Harlequins are usually winning in those spots anyway) or T to let them take down hard high T targets.

The other idea is to run Harlequins alongside a Ghost Warrior formation, using Wraithblades for cover saves (maybe with Shadowseers attached?) and marching the whole thing up footslogger style, engaging shit that would mulch my clowns in melee with the Wraithblades so that the clowns can charge safely into heavy flamers and other such huge threats (plus, Wraithlords and Wraithknight to provide serious killing power against shit Harlequins have a hard time opening up)

Which do you think would be more effective, or more fun?

yeah. As of now he is worse than the brotherhood champ in my opinion.

>Shame it doesn't really do well for BA due to their CC bonus. Who gets the best out of it? Imperial Fist for Bolter re-rolls?

BA aren't allowed to take it for some reason even though they were part of the Rogue Trader legacy. Vanilla only.

IF can't re-roll combis, only the bolter half. So they're nothing special for this model. The best chapters are ones that can buff a short range, strong special weapon the most, or ones that keep him alive longest. Such as Star Phantoms, Red Hunters, Iron Hands, Red Scorpions, Ultramarines, White Scars, anything in a Demi-Company, etc.

I'm probably going to do them anyway because of how damn cool they look.

Even our lightsabers? What did we do to deserve that?

Always do what YOU think is cool. Fuck if it's been done before.

Yeah dude who cares if they're overdone. It's popular for a reason.

They were also the first thing that came to my mind for "unique, custom, non-GW Necron schemes", but mostly because my favorite colors are white and blue and I hate black and red. Silver/black/green is pretty cool though.

How lovely. I never thought Crons would nice in that white and blue.

ty lad
If I ever get skilled enough I might try Installing LEDs.

You didn't spam enough assault cannons.

I've always wanted to do patina'd copper with blue lights.

Emperor's speed

I know, that's why I said re-roll bolters. The rule is bollocks. White Dwarf shit said "paint it whatever chapter you want" so not letting BA use it is fucking awful.

Why do you have to be so bad.

>implying people will ever play against it anyways

Wait... What's the Games Workshop Normiebook Group called? I need to ask stuff.

Because shitposting is easy as fuck on Veeky Forums.

It's not that good at all. 18" T4 3+. He'll die before he gets in. Red Scorpion Tactical Squad might make it with a Rhino/Land Raider/Storm Raven dropping them off.

Warhammer 40,000

>Only 1 chaos daemon weapon has ap2 natively
>The Imperial anti-daemon faction should get an ap2 daemon weapon
No.

The guy is a special character who gets AP2 ANYWAY. It's part of his special rules. My point is, how about the weapon, a fucking daemon weapon, which is STILL made of exotic material, actually be able to cut shit? It literally can't cut anything. Why? You don't need to activate the sword to get the full power. Why not AP3? Or AP4? Something.

Crowe is a fucking expensive piece of shit.

That their official thing where they send out FAQs right? If so, thanks user.

Give me a reason to use black primer over white

congrats the sword is now ap1; but crowe has d6 strength because the sword rebels all the time

darker colors, don't you know color theory?

I was told, in about 1998, to use black primer for 'dark' models, for blacks, deep reds, deep purple and white for 'light' models.

That's the thing, Crowe controls the sword. I just want, say. AP2 Two-Handed. The stance which usually gives his Smite gives him, I dunno, +D3 attacks instead.

I dunno, I need to look back on his stats fully to work out.

Fukken sweet! Could you email me a super-short batrep?

Would having 'Ere We Go boost initiative by +2 rather than x2 have robbed you?

>Only 1 chaos daemon weapon has ap2 natively
Are you joking? Chaos daemons are like ap2: the codex.
Eather blade, 10 points
Axe of khorne, 10 points
witstealer sword (rending), 10 points
Greater eather blade, 20 points
Blade of blood, 20 points
These are weapons lesser codexes like Chaos Marines or Orks would KILL to get their hands on, not to mention all the monsterous creatures that will have.

A better argument is that there is no way for a daemon to get an armour save better than a 3+ so giving daemon hunters an ap2 sword is pointless.

Not him, but that means I'll probably need to buy white primer for my SkeleNids. Maybe.

Or would the black primer be better, since I want them to not be bright, but a more darker/neutral bone color?

On a roll of 1: Stop Hitting Yourself - Crowe suffers one wound with no saving throws allowed.

Not that guy, but I don't see how +2 rather than x2 would make a large difference against most armies.

Boys go from 2 to 4 regardless, so no change there.

Warbosses go from 4 to 6 instead of 4 to 8, which only really matters against the hanfdul of insanely fast HQs in the game.

The biggest change is probably Nobs only going to 5 instead of 6, but that only really matters against Eldar and Slaanesh stuff, and even then they're still hitting at the same time.

White Dwarf also told you to put heavy flamers on your tactical squads when the plastic Sternguard kits came out.

I'm no good at painting mate, I last painted in about 2000 when I went over my kiddie 2nd edition Tactical Marines Starter Set. Made them 'game worthy' but didn't know anything bout blending or shit.

As far as I can remember I was told shit like this: If the final colour of your model is primarily light in colour, use a light coloured primer and vice versa with a model that is dark coloured.

If yours is neutral, then you could try a grey primer. I would probably use white and do some shading or some shit.

I assume by "chaos daemon weapon" he actually means "CSM Daemon Weapon"

Blood Angels can take Heavy Flamers on Tacticals and Sternguards. Maybe that's it?

You don't need to do advanced stuff like blending. Just painting neatly, with thin paint, and adding some washes and maybe highlights on top of a neat, painted base (not just unpainted sand or a sloppy base) already gets you to 'Eavy Metal quality.

It was from the 2013 September 6th edition vanilla release. BA couldn't take tac HF back then and were still in 5E mode.