Warmachine/Hordes General

Nobody cares about CoC edition.
privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-12-2016-0

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10138678
battlecollege.org/Mk3 Spoilers#Sourced and confirmed spoilers-Specific Model Changes-Skorne-Lord Tyrant Hexeris
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Agonizers.

I care and quite enjoy the new changes

Wold guardians hit hard (and auto knock down stuff) but they're limited by being only fury 3, not having reach, being able to sprint 4 inches and not having access to a lot of living warbeast buffs.

They're still good mind you, and with 1" reach they'll be better. It's just you can trivially get a stalker to Mat 8 Pow 20 + whatever charge bonuses you can fit, not to mention ghetorix can get Mat 11 Pow 21 before you even feat with eKromac.

Wolds have their place though and I love putting them down on the table

what armies do you play (not just own but actually play)

strawpoll.me/10138678

>Wold guardians hit hard
POW17 with two initials and no easy access to damage buffs isn't really "hard" for a heavy. Outside of Bradigus the Wolds are circle's least-damaging beast type by a large margin.

>Skornites come and shit up the CoC Q&A thread

>faction with the most nerfs asks why faction that was unchanged or buffed was unchanged or buffed

So what insiders is everyone looking forward to?

Mine are (in order):
1. PoM
2. Mercs
3. Khador

If the guy in the troll forums was correct Mercs should be next up which is cool, but Khador's a ways away and Menoth isn't even on the list.

>faction with the most nerfs

nobody mentioned legion

1. Khador
2. Khador
3. Khador
4. Mercs

Excuse me, it hits hard in context. Baldur stone skinning it and then teleporting it, that'll hit decent. Being at the end of the Bradigus chain will do it too.

Minions for days.

well Just started another new army since a store is having a "going out of MK2" sale

Picked up:
Cryx plastic Battlegroup
Bane Knights full unit
Bane Thralls(Warriors) plastic box
Darragh Wrathe

All for 123 cad after tax

Guess I should play my friends with them a bit before MK3 hits so I can feel the nerf better

Both the Skorne and Legion communities have been very bad about doing that.

Cryx and Legion got the most nerfs.

They probably knew they deserved it, though.

any chance that's in the lower mainland?

Well, you can do that with a Warpwolf Stalker too. Will 5 Pow19s wreck a heavy? Maybe, depends on the heavy. But 5 Pow20s and a POW18 sure as shit will, and the POW20s have an extra 1.5" of threat range thanks to Reach.

Baldur actually doesn't like Wolds outside of Megalith all that much, his kit does way more for the wolves.

markham ontario

damn, congrats on the deal you made off pretty good

Goddamn. That's a hell of a haul.

>CoC has nearly 0 changes

it was between Cryx and circle

Circles had a battlegroup for 30, tharn bloodweavers for 9.99, trackers for 19.99, min wolf riders 19.99

decision went to cryx because I'd actually eventually bring myself to paint cryx up

Summary of cyriss changes:

"Induction is uncapped, go apeshit. Also your cards now have Mk3 costs."

the whole conversation was about what wolds do in comparison, not who's better. Previously I had even pointed out how trivial it is to get a stalker or ghetorix up to Delete-Heavy tier alpha strike

>oh and aurora gives everyone flying, lucants feat makes you repair more total and Lucant gives his jacks dispel instead of purification

Mic drop

-Mercs
-Mercs
-Mercs
-Kayaz... Khador

Kayazy are Mercs now. All the old Allies are Mercenaries with Partisan [Faction] rule.

>All the old Allies are Mercenaries with Partisan [Faction] rule.

Source?

>mfw just bought Madeline for Terminus before hearing about the changes

fug :D

Kayazi and Precursor Knights in the same army, cats and dogs living together, utter chaos

They mentioned that weeks ago when Eiryss 2 was shown and the whole "no more contracts for Mercs" thing was revealed. If you "need' a forum post then go find it yourself. I'm sure the Merc forum has it somewhere.

Oh god, I forgot how bad battlegroups were to clean, poor Denny has so much excess plastic

Kayazi, Precursors, Idrians, & Cephalyx are all one big happy family. I am curious to see if any of them work for other factions now.

I could see Idrians working for others if they aren't "devout" Idrians and Precursors could feasably work for Khador.

Idrians would already work for Magnus in that one theme list nobody used

They did say cephalyx would still be their own thing but we'll see to what extent

They've said Cephalyx are still picky and don't play nice with others, so you're unlikely to see them outside of actual Cephalyx lists.

I know someone who has inside info, you don't even know how far Cryx has been nerfed.

did he used to work at nintendo? cuz I know that guy too

His info on Bane changes was accurate before the insider was released, and he already told me the rules for the new birds (they have more than just reposition), so I have no reason to doubt anything he says.

Looks like Eiryss1 will be the go to Eiryss in Mk3.

And no more targeting restrictions on the PA and TEP

>tfw I have the No Quarters but am too scared to write down my credit card number in a mail that could get into the wrong hands during postage

What's she do now?

Any word on if they can be made by neurosurgeons?

Sorry, I promised not to pass the info on.

Mammoth's gun got nerfed a bit.

It's AoE 3 now instead of 4. And it got d3+1 shots per turn. Which is decent, but I was hoping for non-random shots on a gargantuan. Its range went up to 12 at least, which is where I wanted it. But dropping the AoE kinda kills the point of the gun, it's rat 3 so it's never direct hitting any model.

Fuck off then.

eHexeris has Field Marshall: Channeler

Hail Satan

Archangel is 1d3+1 as well.

Might be the standard for most ranged big dudes other than Blightbringer.

I guess I can say that Necro-Surgeons can't make new birds, it's technically not a spoiler I think.

The d3+1 doesn't bother me. If it was straight d3 I'd be pissed.

Moving from aoe4 to aoe3 on a gun that can only direct hit models that are knocked down or are other gargossals is stupid. The whole point of that gun was shitting out 3 aoe4s to try to blast damage stuff while it was on the way in to a brawl.

I'm curious how that'll go for the colossals like victor guess we will see.

Hexxy1 sounds really promising as well. Here's hoping his feat is better.

I really don't know what to think about that change. He isn't required to spend fury to fire anymore but he has a AOE3 and a min of 2/max of 4 shots.

All I can think is, maybe they buffed him somewhere else? If his Rat was higher or the dmg on his gun, it could be nice. It's just weird considering, if he had stayed the exact same but got a small rng buff, he probably would have been fine. Maybe give him a few more dmg boxes.

I kind of figured, when they redid them, they would end up redoing the Mammoth as sort of the "long range" gargantuan and the Hydra as the melee beater. Now I don;t know if either will be all that great unless there is some amazing change coming.

Cmon universal Bulldoze. If all Gargs got BUlldoze the Hydras stock would go up by a bit.

They did say that the gargs are both getting more boxes.

How do Hordes players deal with so many options on the table? How do you just say enough is enough and not over run your fury?

Sorry I forgot you all have ways to clean off all the fury each turn

ask us again in 2 months

Reminder that cataphracts are the only heavy infantry spoiled so far to not pick up some kind of rules, only a nerf

Manowar and Cyriss: Repairable and still 8 boxes
Warders: Shield guard, brutal charge, always-on wall of steel instead of waiting to get hit to get the armor bonus
Champs: Threat increase, 14/16 is a better statline than 12/18 if facing non-boosted shots, gained steady to be one of the few things that still have mk2 tough
Blighted ogruns: Gained tough
Cataphracts: Lost a point of def

Well, I play Legion and Circle, and have Skorne and Protectorate armies mid-assembly, sooo....

Circle's my main army but at the moment I'm more excited about Protectorate. Doesn't hurt that the Revelator is a fucking beast.And comes with its own theme song.

Who the fuck knows, though, I've been saving my pennies since Mk3 was announced and will splurge after I've got all the cards.

>No-limit Induction is "nearly 0".

Tbh, I'm wondering what we're missing, as the other factions seem to be generally toned down, but CoC just got turned up to 11, or so it seems with the Insider.

>Been wanting something akin to a Steelhead Sharpshooter for years.
>New edition announced
>Cygnar Arcane Tempest Sniper solo
Why do you not want my money, PP?

What you're missing is that CoC was their lowest sales volume faction.

>The d3+1 doesn't bother me. If it was straight d3 I'd be pissed.

This. I was hoping for straight up ROF 3, but d3+1 isn't different enough to bitch. Going down to AOE 3 is weird, though. Maybe Skorne is getting some sort of knockdown tech and the Mammoth now exists to drop boosted POW 15s into knocked down heavies.

I always thought it was somebody's pet faction.

I mean, that's basically Kell Bailoch.

I'm assuming that's the case, considering our pow 18 rat 1 catapult.

I'm pretty sure there's better things you can be doing with knockdown tech than using a Mammoth. If my hits are guaranteed, I'd be fielding a herd of Gladiators right about now.

didn't the creator get booted out or something?

Retribution had the same thing for MK2 you retards. They designed them with the new rule set mostly fixed in place so when the switch comes they're ready for it.

Eh, it's not all that. Induction creates some weird positional issues unless you're just doing a gunline.

You've also got to consider that Warjack hate is going to be more common because people will actually be bringing warjacks now, so people will have a reason to put it in their lists.

Lucant losing Purification is also pretty big, CoC can't trivially ignore upkeeps anymore. And the Enigma Foundries also got hit hard with the general change to recursion mechanics.

Well, given the new info, if pXerxis keeps Def Ward (pMak lost it, and with a lot of target-other defensive abilities going away and the Agonizer being a mini-pThag, at the moment I'm doubtful he'll have it), I'm thinking of doing something like:

pXerxis
Mammoth
Sentry x2
Catapult x2
Agonizer
Swordsmen x1 or 2
+ Support

Sentry takes Def Ward and stands in front of the Agonizer at ARM 25, doesn't die (and the second one takes over if he does), and drops headbutts and slams on stuff it can't kill. Mammoth + Catapults kill shit. Swordsmen jam and stack Fury and Xerxy's feat to kill everything, and sacrifice everything but the Mammoth to kill everything that can threaten the Mammoth asap.

Of course,

a) I'm expecting pXerxis to lose Def Ward
b) I'm expecting the Sentry to lose a point of ARM
c) Even stacking "add one die" with "+3 melee damage rolls", swordsmen still suck.

But it's a fun dream.

pXerx kept it. He lost inhospitable ground and fury, but kept d-ward.

>Lucant purification

Did you miss that he gives all his jacks dispel? That includes ranged weapons.

Recursion sucks worse for others because I'm not exactly depending on the melee attacks from my reciprocators to fuck anything up and they'll still benefit from shield wall

>Did you miss that he gives all his jacks dispel? That includes ranged weapons.

It's specifically melee weapons only.

Defender's Ward feels like it's going to be a really big deal in Mk3 considering how they're clearly nerfing armour against blast templates. The Krea no longer has it, even the fucking Razor Wurm lost the ability to shield from blast.

Eh still, you're setting up your synergy chains anyway.

I play against enough Circle and Legion I won't miss Inhospitable Ground. What did he get to replace them, and did he keep his feat?

Any word on the Sentry?

What? We're talking about Father Lucant. He is not the caster with Synergy, that's Syntherion.

Also Synergy is capped at +3, in case you missed that.

Krea used to give +2 arm vs shooting, now it gives blast immunity.

battlecollege.org/Mk3 Spoilers#Sourced and confirmed spoilers-Specific Model Changes-Skorne-Lord Tyrant Hexeris

He got tactical supremacy and rift to replace them. No word on his feat.

Oh shit you're right. The Krea just went from auto-include to auto-include.

Oops wrong warlock. Well here you go then.

Tyrant Xerxis

Lost Fury and Inhospitable Ground
Gained Tactical Supremacy and Rift
Gained Stir the Blood battle plan (affects FF model/unit, +2 STR for first attack this turn) Ref

Xerxis is the poster child for the new Marketh.

Spell Slave had to have been designed with Rift in mind.

Xerx is a fury 5 caster. Why would he want a cost 3 offensive spell?

Because marketh can cast it for him, and marketh uses his MA of 7 to roll to hit instead of Fury 5. And then marketh can upkeep D-Ward or Tactical Supremacy for him to save Xerxis a fury point.

But he's not a Steelhead, and Steelheads deserve more love.

Thanks. Pretty cool. Shame on the Fury, though, as the last thing Skorne needs is another reason to not take swordsmen.

Now just need to see Tibs and the Sentry's card.

Steelheads are just generic "what do we call these mercenaries that don't have a real theme" mercenaries.

I feel like making it be the first melee attack each turn is literally spitting in the face of swordsmen.

Considering that swordsmen also got a point increase I'm probably going to rip their arms off and make them keltarii.

>I feel like making it be the first melee attack each turn is literally spitting in the face of swordsmen.

Here, have a (You).

I'd really like them to be useful. Maybe they've got something cool coming up, but even with eMak's Elite Cadre for THEM SPECIFICALLY I don't think there's a reason to take them over Nihilators or Keltarii.

Not that Keltarii are particularly good, they're just better at being swordsmen than swordsmen. Maybe the kelts will go up to PS 12.

Since when was Magnus the Traitor bad?

Since forever. He rolls over and dies to upkeep removal and basically doesn't have a feat. His spell list is good but let down by his FOC6, he can't put out his upkeeps and run his battlegroup on the same turn. At best he was just a less-good-than-Bart Galleon list.

Ironically, Mk3 might make him bonkers good just off the general changes, bonus points if non-Colossal merc jacks get buffed.

I thought champs were 12/17

They were 12/16 in mk2, before krielstone, and had defensive line for +2 arm. Defensive line is now +2 def, making them 14/16.

Is zerkova really that bad?

CoC was written when they probably had an idea of what changes they wanted to make in the next edition and ended up somewhat forwards compatible.

She's like a cygnar caster without an arc node or a squire, basically. And her feat is at about the power level of one of haley's spells. Her debuff spell is like if crippling grasp was only a third as good and had to be hard cast at range 11. I guess it's nice that she has banishing ward?

All this delicious butt hurt honestly i just hope that MK3 even with the nerfs actually becomes an interesting game unlike MK2 otherwise i'm going to short sale all my menoth and be done with it

I actually bought Zerkova the other day because she was dirt cheap and there's no way they could make her worse.

They need to give her field marshal channeler and some spells that are actually threatening.

Imagine playing Denny without any arc nodes, without stealth, with no meaningful offensive spells, her spells don't reduce arm or str or anything anymore except for def and prevents running and charging and is elemental typed, and her feat is basically Temporal Barrier once per game that also denies ranged attacks, but doesn't reduce def.

Silly user, the faction doesn't look OP when you don't give it access to every warcasters' spell list at the same time.

So, wait. Corollary can hold 3 focus and can induct 3 focus. But it still has the power transfer action, which only works for 5" and requires line of sight and facing?

So, why ever use its * action?

user, think for two seconds. You have to spend focus to trigger induction. What is the Corollary going to spend 3 focus on?