Alright, /tg. I'm bored, so it's storytime!

Alright, /tg. I'm bored, so it's storytime!

Tell us about a time the GM pulled a fast one on you, but instead of enraging you and the other players, you proceeded to bust a gut laughing.

> the entire point of RPGs is laughing

God how I hate this autistic sentiment. It has been perpetuated by the retarded greentexts on this board where "lol you get nat20 on persuasion so the orc guard lets you buttfuck him" and "lol nat 1 on your sword haha you stab a tree and die HAHAHAHA"

This kind of shit is magnified by systems that literally encourage giving out "luck points" for particularly funny (read: autistic) play that causes fat neckbeards to roar in laughter and pound on the table.

Humor has its place in the game. A game with no laughter is going to be boring indeed. But when you hijack your storyline for cheap laughs and whore it out just to have what is most "epik" and would make a good Veeky Forums screenshot, you are destroying the fabric that makes RPGs such a reward hobby, and raping it for the sake of your lisp-ridden autistic laughter.

Stop.

So is this bait?

I don't know, sometimes new pasta slips by me.

Because that wasn't what he was asking.

This is bait, right?

I-I'll bite for the sake of science. I'll sacrifice myself and look foolish by responding.

Since the dawn of their inception, tabletop games have been used as a medium of entertainment. OP didn't mention any tumblr tier, "I Heart Gaming" shit.

He's literally just asked to share stories when the GM surprised the party with a clever trap or some such.

Is there something else going on, user? Talk to us.

I don't care if that's what he's asking. I was expressing my disgust at OP's question. That is a valid response.

> entertainment = cheap laughter

It's good to know you're a dopamine addict. Some of us, however, find ENTERTAINMENT in tabletop games BEYOND cheap laughter that produces a shitty, terrible plot and a story that is of no value.

>I don't care if that's what he's asking. I was expressing my disgust at OP's question.

>I don't care about his question, but I'm upset over his question.

He was literally asking when the GM was being serious but everyone found it funny instead.

Not

>WAAAAAHHHH HE'S TRYING TOO HARD TO BE FUNNY

Damn you're stupid. You're little spiel was entirely unrelated to what OP's question was, even fundamentally.

Hey virt.

Don't even fucking respond to him.

> fundamentally

Fundamentally, he was asking for an example of a group of players reducing a DM's attempts to create an engaging campaign, to a voodoo doll of humor, meant to be poked and prodded and squeezed dry of every drop of cheap, lame, ephemeral humor, for the sake of Friday night entertainment by a group of shiftless nerds who could not even comprehend a good story, let alone create one.

You're just making shit up, man. I even (sort of) agree with your main point, it's just totally irrelevant. Please respond to me and drag out this worthless farce of a thread even further.

Sorry OP.

How am I making shit up? It's literally in the OP.

> Tell us about a time the GM pulled a fast one on you, but instead of enraging you and the other players, you proceeded to bust a gut laughing.

An interesting story element that could have created genuine emotion, is ruined by unimaginative players who hijack it for cheap laughs.

>DM does voices

>does a character voice and his voice cracks

I would laugh. And there is nothing you can do to stop me, faglord.

Fuck right off

>faglord.

I thought I was the only person who used that word. Righteous.

>autistic
>autistic
>fat neckbeards
>autistic

>OP has a halfway decent topic about gm failures
> This level of anal annihilation

I agree that lolrandum is annoying as fuck but God damn, senpai

ITT: bad wrong fun

This.

OP, please delete this thread and remake it; hopefully Captain Autism here won't show up in the new thread.

>literally
Your next post will contain false evidence about how "problematic" this behavior is.

The entire point is to have fun. If making jokes, and having obscene consequences/rewards is fun for you, far be it from me or anyone to say "you're doing it wrong" or, "I'm enjoying it in a better way".

Or a jab at the expense of the player caused everyone to laugh.

You're very elitist in your "You're not having fun right" mentality.

It seems like this will have to be the case.

Time to display my ignorance.

I only know that quote you're refrencing from the old Earthworm Jim cartoon.
Where is it actually from?