What is Exalted?

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. There were a lot of lesbians though. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Ranged Violence Edition!

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?770414-Exalted-3e-Crafting-301-a-Tutorial
paste2.org/p4ZWU9Jt
i.imgur.com/0DKvX0M.png
northcountrypublicradio.org/news/images/Insideoldbarnpic2.jpg
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/20/b2/46/20b246e04d12e22da8af715e4d26d376.jpg
ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/the-upside-down-ships-hull-inside-st-brigids-church/
spirasolaris.ca/sbb4g1cv.html
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/62/6a/c1626a9f5da016a3964708e6c8c303af.jpg
edexalted.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Ranged Violence Edition!
Rolling 50 successes on Join Battle, I open with Swarm-Culling Attack.

The Scarlet Empress did nothing wrong!

So, Seven Omens Shot lists a special interactoin with Accuracy Without Distance, but I'm not entirely sure how to parse 'can shorten the action by a single round, but may only add a single non Charm success for each round shortened'.

Can I invoke AWD multiple times? The fact that Dust and Ash Sleight exists suggests not, but why else would it say 'for each round shortened'? Also, that phrasing seems to suggest that if you shorten it more you get to add back in more of the forfeited bonus?

So, in my game I'm about to run, a big ass island chain in the West that everyone thought was destroyed by the Balorian Crusade just randomly reappears where it used to be, southwest of the Skullstone Archipelago. I'm trying to brainstorm what should be on the island chain and who would be interested in claiming it apart from my players since it's got nifty First Age shit and land. Can you lovely folks spare any good ideas?

Also, one of my players is doing Craft Supernal so does anyone have a link to a tutorial on that shit because I have no clue how that system works.

Seven Omens Shot is a helluva confusing Charm.

If you're not the player in question, you'll probably only need to know how to balance Evocations for Artefacts, and not much else.

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?770414-Exalted-3e-Crafting-301-a-Tutorial

It sure is

This 'jet bastard' person opens by saying how much he loves the 3e crafting rules. Is he a retard?

I had the same reaction the other day when I first saw it. He may very well be -- or he may just be sucking Holden's cock to stay un-banned from his RPG.net site.

Anyone want to see some rolls compared to one another? Just say hey and tell me what you want to see.

Well it's not the worst crafting system I've ever seen. If it weren't for the immense Charm bloat Craft has it'd be halfway decent.

What have you seen that's worse?

Is this a battle tech game or warhammer 40k?

Exalted's more like Monopoly, friend.

Thank God as long as it's not a lame role player game like dnd or ahadowrun

It's a dating game

It's literally Risk

Holy cow. Are you autist-user? I thought you were working on that char sheet thing.

>Are you autist-user? I thought you were working on that char sheet thing.
No, I'm just a guy. I'm not working on anything else related to these threads.

Did you make the program in the picture?

Yes. Do you want to compare any rolls?

>This very polarizing system has people that like it as much as it has people that hate it. How very weird and/or very suspicious.

Maybe you could stop pretending like nobody likes Craft as written? You need two sides for a polarizing debate.

I thought it was Fruit?

I like Craft as-written too, but I recognize that some people don't. I've given up on the other side ever acknowledging that people like me exist.

Joining a game of 3e that's starting up soon and have made my first attempt at a character for the System.

Going a bit combat wombat with a secondary into social.

paste2.org/p4ZWU9Jt

Does this look alright/is anything notable missing?

There were people who like Craft as it is, even if they admitt it has some flaws. They appeared in these very threads. Stop pretending it's some universally hated aspect of the game. It's obtuse and polarazing but works for some.

What if I don't want to use Exalted, but M&M instead as a system to run it?

A perfectly viable and reasonable alternative. Were 3e not a thing I would call it the best alternative.

Eminent Paragon Approach.

Is that bridge a typo, or is it really just "any 5 Charms", when you come out chargen with 15 of them?

Can someone receive an Exaltation outside of Creation? Like, say someone winds up in a Freehold somewhere and cooks up an awesome slave rebellion against his raksha masters. Would a Solar Exaltation reach him?

Is it out?

Yes.

Thanks man!

Definitely.

Seems to be the case. It's also Essence 3, and kinda niche, so putting it in easy reach of... Integrity Supernals, I guess? doesn't really change much.

You should probably use the char sheet in the OP.

So, how would one do a chimera in 3e? Should I just pick a bunch of magical abilities from the Animals section and shift between them constantly?

Could work, as could combining traits with no theme to them whatsoever. Poison and wings and heavy armour plates and multiple limbs.

Chimera also have their body horror assimilation attacks, which are either decisive attacks or decisive grapple gambits.

holden and morke are fucking liars

How are you still angry over nothing?

>Werewolf gets his first Supplement surprisingly fast.

Indirectly a good sign for exalted? Perhaps the supplements for exalted will not take so long.

Autism. What else is there?

Unless they finally got someone to corral the Exalted team in they're still gonna go slow as all hell because they're all amateurs

>Unless they finally got someone to corral the Exalted team in they're still gonna go slow as all hell because they're all amateurs

You misspelled "too busy mouthing off on Twitter like a pack of cunts" at the end there.

So the author of Werewolf is just more experienced?

>Optimism dies again.

Even if that is the reason, you know how people get experience, right? People working on the 3E supplements will be more experienced than the people who worked on the core, even if they are the same people.

Well I sure hope Holden and friends learned from their numerous mistakes on getting 3e core out.

Could someone refresh my memory what the basic/minimal Crafting Ability/Charm suite is for a Crafter PC (both with Supernal Craft and without)?

I could swear I saved it in my personal notes, but I haven't played Ex3 since last year, and I cannot find anything about it.

>Craft Reactor

Never have to worry about craft xp or having the right craft, but don't need to make artifacts any time soon after chargen

Arete-Shifting Prana
Sublime Transference
Tireless Workhorse Method
Efficient Craftsman Technique
Ages-Echoing Wisdom
Craftsman Needs no Tools
Flawless Handiwork Method (x2)

>Straight Up Artefact Crafting

Flawless Handiwork Method (x2)
Supreme Masterwork Focus (x2)
Arete-Shifting Prana
Sublime Transference
Craftsman Needs No Tools
Thousand Forge Hands

There's another list that's gonna be posted, that'll get you enough successes to build N/A Artifacts, but it runs on the assumption that you'll never be wanting for craft xp. If that's not the case, you'll probably want to set up a craft reactor. Setting one up is a LOT of charms, probably not something you can just start with. These charms will help you get started:

Efficiency: Arete-Shifting Prana, Sublime Transference, Tireless Workhorse Method, Efficient Craftsman Technique, Ages-Echoing Wisdom
Momentum: Craftsman Needs no Tools
Power: Flawless Handiwork Method (x2)

That will help you build up craft xp while you buy the remaining charms. You need Supreme Celestial Focus to buy up Craft (Artifact) with craft xp, and Thousand-Forge Hands to use it speedily. There are a few charms that generate xp automatically: Ages-Echoing Wisdom gives 3 + Essence*2 gxp, while Peerless Paragon uses an Int + Craft roll for a mix of both. Both of those happen once per story. AEG has two speedbump charms and Sublime Transference, but Peerless Paragon has thee Momentum charms and Craftsman Needs no Tools. Peerless Paragon (and Celestial Focus) also leads into Supreme Perfection, which is based on how many crafts you have at 5 and is every day.

All that's off the leak, I should mention.

>All that's off the leak, I should mention.

>the leak killed craft
>nobody actually went back and read it once the book came out
>it could be great and nobody will ever know

No, I just wrote all that a while ago and put it in a doc

>no one has ever read that chapter in the book
>it remains untouched by human hands
>centuries later, black legends will speak of the unread section with fear and reverence

/exg/ how cute are your PCs?

Nah my buddy has a copy, I touched it, so I can confirm that second point is false.

i.imgur.com/0DKvX0M.png I believe someone already said mine was cute when I posted her sheet a good many threads ago.

I made mine old as balls so my ST, whom I did not know, couldn't murder my parents for cheap drama. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. He also has App 1.

Are Withering Attacks made by the grappler to the grapplee considered unblockable and therefore able to use Charms to make them blockable?

Or do they just go against Defense 0 which is a different case than Unblockable?

>The savage action applies withering or decisive damage to the grappled opponent without chance of failure or opportunity for defense.
From that, I gather there is no possible way to defend against it, no matter what Charms you have. So while you can parry a volcano you can't parry a headlock. Maybe they will put out a Charm later that lets you protect against Savages.

Your Defense is flat set to 0; making it "blockable" wouldn't help because it's not unblockability that's doing it. It's like ambush attacks; you aren't Defense 0 vs. ambushes because they're unblockable, you're Defense 0 because they're ambushes.

Thanks, they had similar language to unblockables so I wasn't too sure. Honestly I wouldn't want it to apply otherwise Grapplers would get hella fucked by HGD.

Is there anything wooden you can't make with Craft (shipbuilding)? Someone mentioned it here once. It involves both cutting and bending wood, and hammering it together with nails.

Go to a shipbuilder and ask him if he can build you a house. Or weave a basket. Or whatever, really.

>weaving baskets out of wood

You can use plant matter for that, like straws and bark. Sure, that's a stretch, but so is saying that shipubilding covers every woodworking craft just because it all boils down to bending and stiching planks.

He could, if he had Arete-Shifting Prana.

what would you use for character gen tool(2nd edition)? anathema or ed's toolkit?

I'd gather a case telling my group why it's dumb we haven't switched to 3rd edition.

couldn't you basically build the ship upsidedown to get a house?
northcountrypublicradio.org/news/images/Insideoldbarnpic2.jpg
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/20/b2/46/20b246e04d12e22da8af715e4d26d376.jpg
ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/the-upside-down-ships-hull-inside-st-brigids-church/
spirasolaris.ca/sbb4g1cv.html
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/62/6a/c1626a9f5da016a3964708e6c8c303af.jpg

it has only one book. we are using more than just solars...so its either
A:rewrite everything
B:use 2,5 ed
or C wait until 2026 ;)

Just train in Craft (Motonic Assembly) and manipulate sheer Essence to get everything you need. You are a Solar after all!

one reason: no anathema (probably ever)?

>Previously only 8 Craft abilities
>now there are infinity

That's just 8 flipped turnways.

You should get started on A then, there's some decent homebrews floating around.
Better than B or C.

>Does this look alright/is anything notable missing?
You sure you want to make a Night who doesn't favor Larceny or Stealth?

s/Listener-Swaying Argument/Harmonious Presence Meditation

Reed in the Wind is a prerequisite for several of your charms. Also, you really. really want Flow Like Blood. It's far more important than SSE. Turning 1i into 1 evasion is really good.

Righteous Devil is probably fine, but it does feel like an odd choice. Regardless, you may want to eventually look at dipping into other MA to grab Evasion boosters.

>You sure you want to make a Night who doesn't favor Larceny or Stealth?

Yeah? That's the point of the new system, right? You can pick any 5 for your Caste. I'm more 'Socialite Acrobat' than 'Thief'

>Reed in the Wind is a prerequisite for several of your charms. Also, you really. really want Flow Like Blood. It's far more important than SSE. Turning 1i into 1 evasion is really good.

Whoops, I'll fix that.

>Righteous Devil is probably fine, but it does feel like an odd choice.

It was mostly a fluff thing. That and from what I've seen, Archery doesn't work that fantastically with Firewands.

>Archery doesn't work that fantastically with Firewands.
Yeah, it's a shame. No more sniper flamethrowers in 3e.

Firewands seem pretty horrible in general. The Slow tag ruins them. The whole Archery charm tree is written as if bows are the only archery weapons there are.

What about crossbows?

What about them?

edexalted.com/

Some guy on the forums did a big craft re write with a rant where he talked about all the problems he had with craft and none of those made sense to me

you mean sideways gangsta bows?

Using a shield, when you flurry a Full Defense with something, do you still get +2 to your defenses? It's not reduced by the -3 dice penalty of flurries, is it?

No, but it is reduced by the -1 Defense for flurrying.

Alright, thank you.

Okay for one there are as many crafts as you want. If you want there to be two crafts you can do that, and secondly
>8
>implying
Five elemental crafts
Craft:genisis
magitech
vitrol
fate
Pandemonium
Moliation
Soulforging
Jadecrafting
Necrosurgery
Quintessence
Glamour
Reality

If you want that just make craft (wood) a thing. You're allowed to make crafts as broad or narrow as you want

>You're allowed to make crafts as broad or narrow as you want
Then why not just have Craft, instead of Craft()?

So that STs can say "No, that craft's too broad" or "Nah, that's too specific, unless you really want that."

There is no reason. If you want that go right ahead

craft (artifacts) is very specific so you need that, in addition to other things. you could maybe argue for craft (wood) or craft (metal) but thats still, at bare minimum, 3 seperate craft skills that must be seperately raised

So I'm writing up Evocations for my character's plasma tongue repeater. I could really use help thinking up evocations, if anyone's willing to help me out.

Some details about the gun and it's history.
>Red Jade and Orichalcum plasma tongue repeater
>Has a twin made from Red Jade and Moonsilver, which I don't have right now. Both were forged in the volcanoes of the South by a close friend of my character's past incarnation. Planning to have the capstone evocation be something that requires both to be attuned.
>Both past life and character are sorcerers (Pact with an Ifrit Lord) and practitioners of Righteous Devil Style
>Carried all around Creation during the First Age. The Moonsilver one was lost during past incarnation's final battle, but the orichalcum one was retrieved by an Ifrit past incarnation had bound. Said Ifrit is now an Ifrit Lord and gave my character the gun after figuring out who he is.
>Thinking maybe some sort of theme around intimacies, both Ties and especially Principals

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

Why bother separating wood and metal? Performance lets you sing, dance, play instruments, and give speeches equally. Craft should be the same.

What im saying is if you wanted to you can ignore the crafts listed in the core and simply say craft. Some people will because craft will take a backwheel in their games, others will have a bunch of crafts as craft takes a more central role in their game. I'll probably just end up doing what i did in 2e, several mundane crafts and then craft(essence) for crafting a artifact of anything covered by a regular craft.

well, performance does not let you, with a handful of charms, make any object instantly. or manses, or artifacts, or skyships etc. craft has a higher buy-in because its effects are far more pronounced than anything else. except maybe sorcery which... is gated to higher essence. you can take a mundane craft ability and apply it very liberally, with ease, but there is an actual mechanical reason behind this system.

you CAN, yes. if you're the ST and don't see it causing issues, go for it. id say the moment anyone intends to focus on crafting, tho, is when you make them start buying the relevant abilities. especially if they intend to craft artifacts.

One of my favorite parts of the 2e universe was the Craft(genesis) stuff, which doesn't really seem to have made it into 3e.

Is there a good method of creating a horde of combat lifeforms and using them against the forces of evil? It seems like, to even try, you'd need to invest in charms across a whole bunch of trees... Lore/craft to create them, Survival to train them, War to actually, y'know, war with them. That makes it seem like Zenith would be the best way to go, even though "mad scientist beast horde" feels like a Twilight character concept (plus the Demon familiar caste ability has crazy good synergy if I am going to go with Survival familiar charms).

TL;DR- what combination of caste, supernal, merits, and charms can manufacture a zergling rush in 3e?

You want occut/sorcery for a spirit army.