Does anyone play yugioh?

Does anyone play yugioh?

not really

Once. Then my cards got burned because the only other player I knew didn't follow game rules, and instead followed the show's rules
>Summon monster regardless of how strong they were. Special summons regardless if conditions were met, drew cards when I wasn't looking.
Seriously turned me off.
>I still won.
Not sure how.

I quit when some fag threw my Exodia deck into the ocean

I quit once I realized I was the only person in my entire neighborhood that was into yugioh. Also I was the only one between ages 12-16 in a neighborhood of 94 houses.

stopped when I lost all 3 decks.

Water-low level equip/buff deck

Koaki-Meiru/Iron Core Earth\rock type monsters deck

and a flamvell burn deck.

Shit sorta sucked, but magic is better.

That, and the new YGO cards are just fucking ridiculous, I ain't got time to learn that shit.

>I still won.
>Not sure how.
You can't win a game by cheating if you don't even know the rules.

Under-18s aren't allowed on Veeky Forums, OP.

No I mean he gave up.
>He put his hand on his deck. Said that means he surrenders.

mfw

When I was youngling (7-10 years old?), I played yugioh for a bit after watching the show.

I was hanging out with a severely learning-impaired guy (I think he was a child of one of my mom's friends?). He literally could not read, and he thought that pic related was a creature because it had an image of a knight on it. I pretty quickly realized that he couldn't read, and I wondered why an illiterate person would play a game that obviously requires the ability to read.

It didn't take long for me to get turned off to the game. It just seemed like a lot of money and effort for no benefit. Also it made me feel like a loser. I still had my cards for years before I got rid of them. I don't regret that decision at all.

Why do black people love Yugioh

I get back into it every couple of formats

The anime is badass to them, all the over the top yet simplistic talking makes them feel like they're watching the most epic shit in the world. Same reason why they like Dragonball so much. If Magic the Gathering had an anime featuring Jace, the gives no fucks, evil bitch slapping, omnipotent planeswalker, I can tell you that Yugioh certainly wouldn't be the only card game with a reputation for card thieves.

>The anime is badass to them, all the over the top yet simplistic talking makes them feel like they're watching the most epic shit in the world. Same reason why they like Dragonball so much.

I'm white and this is one reason why I liked DBZ and Yugioh. I really liked the effects in Yugioh too.

Online sometimes. And with some of the older video games.
It's cancer from 5Ds onwards though. Syncros, XYZs, Pendulums, it's all unneededly complicated bullshit that horribly altered the meta to the point where decks that don't utilize these card types are totally useless.
Also deck-sized card sets are pretty bullshit.
Also I don't like net-decking.

I just like making a deck out of a list of all of the cards, and testing it.

I used to. The main problem was that no one in my school actually was as much of a loser as I was, so I was stuck with my brothers as opponents.

My older brother kept kicking my ass with his better deck, while my younger brother really didn't like losing and gave up if it he saw it as already decided.

Now these Synchro monsters and such confuse my old, addled mind, and I haven't touched the game since.

Frog the Jam

>Does anyone play yugioh?

Yes.

Yugioh! and Pokemon are still popular with two groups:
Small children and pedophiles.

Why do you ask, OP?

I believe OP was attempting to create a "Good Ol' Days" thread to reminisce on the past.

>Be me years ago
>Get into high school, realize there's a small scene for playing Yugioh
>Break out my old cards and make a deck
>Run things like Thousand Years Dragon and Red Eyes Skull Dragon because they're cool
>Find my few Toon cards, make a deck with them
>Win regularly with the other casuals, probably 2/3 of games
>Bigdick Macjohnson shows up to the group
>Destroys everyone with one of several tournament decks that he brags he goes into Walmart, casually opens boxes of packs, and takes to build
>Soon everyone's quit because they don't want to lose to the faggot since the only counterplay is other tournament bullshit
I hated that guy even before he literally punched me in the crotch.

I just had a brainfart idea for a card.

Innocent Bystander (Earth)
Lv:1
Fairy/Effect

This card cannot be targeted for an attack or card effects.
Cannot be used as a tribute for a tribute summon.
During the end phase, switch control of Innocent Bystander.
If Innocent Bystander is destroyed, banish it instead. When innocent bystander is banished, special summon as many 'innocent bystander' as you can in face up attack position, they gain 500ATK

ATK: 100 DEF: 0

Though now I think of it, 3000ATK may be more appropriate. It's meant to be a giant mob reaction to a tragic death.

If I'm going to go retard, may as well go full retard

Pretty much this, except I always beat my brother.

I used to back when I was like 7-10. Played against my brother and a bunch of kids from around the neighbourhood. Nostalgia hit me so hard when I remembered these damn starter tins that I had one of every type (yugi, joey, kaiba etc). They're still somewhere around my house too. Shit those were good times

I only got those paper ones with a window so you could see the centerpiece card, like blue eyes for Kaiba or that magician for yugi

Sure. Small children play it all the time.

yes

why do magicfags fell the need to thrash talk other TCG? are you that insecure about your game that you think it will disappear if it have competition?

I do, but the dueling network no longer works for me due to the black card images for te sake of confusing reading

use ygopro instead

>even before he literally punched me in the crotch

>I'm white
You may want to get a paternity test, user

All of my friends really liked yugioh and dbz back in highschool, all of my friends were also white.