Girls und Panzer: Lafayette Girls Academy Quest 2: #20

> Saturday, June 27th, 2015

SITUATION: pastebin.com/ziMsX6th
MECHANICS: pastebin.com/49M2eE8Z
THE RULES: pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ
THE TANK: pastebin.com/sJsgig6B
THE DIVISIONS: pastebin.com/xCQZAdqU

“Everyone clear on the plan?” asks Griselda. The now six-crew strong team has assembled by LGA’s reserved spot in the Spectator’s Fair, where all of you were sitting on tables eating food and drinking as much water as possible (it gets incredibly hot and sweaty inside of a tank, hydration is important). You all nod, shrug, or just remain quiet with no questions. “… M’kay. Well, if anyone has any questions, refer to me or refer to Elodie.”

Regina Taney, the leader of the new crew “Naval Studies Rescue” leans over towards you. “Do you happen to know how to assemble two-piece ammunition in the IS-2?”

Iris raises a finger as well. “How do you propose the Churchill climb up the left flank to overlook Route 15? Did you want us moving towards that location quickly or should we just take our time? I don’t imagine we’ll be very fast.”

“Can we discuss how FUCKING AWESOME US armor is?! The M26 Pershing, the M4A3E8s, all that jazz!?” asks Patton. Suvorov looks at her gunner strangely. “What!? You’re the Napoleonic one, you shouldn’t even know what the fuck tanks are!”

Winona browses her phone as she sits next to you, smirking. “A couple of guys on the Skycraft team wanted to know if you’re single~!” she says in a singsong manner. OH YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT FUCKING QUESTION AND SHE SURE AS HELL DOES TOO.

> Answer everyone’s questions, they did ask you after all.
> Point to Griselda, she said to refer to her first.
> Other

>Have Gris-Gris handle Regina and Irina while Elodie answers Patton and Winona.

>> Point to Griselda, she said to refer to her first.

Support this

Sure, support.

>Have Gris-Gris handle Regina and Irina while Elodie answers Patton and Winona.

> Other

You point to Griselda. “Regina, Iris. Go to her.” They both nod, quickly moving on over. “Patton, uh, we could probably discuss American armor some other time?” Patton nods, brushing her skirt down happily as she awaits her turn. “And as for you, Winona-“

“I’m already texting them that you have a boyfriend.” Winona, please. “His name is Oliver.” Winona, PLEASE. “And he’s a big strong man, who’s strong, loud, fast, and delightfully British!” PLEASE, WINONA. She holds up her phone.

“I swear to God, if you send that, I will kill you,” you say.

“Aw, it’s fine!” She raises the text, smiling smugly. You roll your eyes. Honestly.

-

-

With the Q&A done, you and your crew are exploring around the Spectator fair. Seeing as how this is stateside, a lot of people have come around, probably from nearby cities like New York, Philadelphia, Boston, and all others in the New England area. “Alright.” Winona rubs her hands, taking a deep breath. “We’re the boss, we’re the boss, we’re the boss, we’re the boss right here!”

“Nervous?” asks Stack as she chews into some pink fluffy cotton candy.

“No, hell no!” says Winona. “I just gotta psyche myself up a bit!” She bounces in place, pressing her lips together. “Yeeee, we’re gonna do this! We’re gonna do this!”

Ingrid says, “You look nervous.” Winona turns her nose away from Ingrid haughtily. “Just saying.”

[1/2]

[2/2]

Josephina taps your shoulder, getting your attention. “Elodie. Is that who I think it is?” All five of you turn your eyes to see.

Standing at one of the booths, dressed in a gray bomber jacket topped with the Heinlein crest on the sleeve, mixed with a white blouse and black shorts is a tanned girl with black wavy hair. She matches the photo alright. She folds her arms, waiting for her turn at one of the Fair’s attractions, an airgun range. “Yep,” you say. “Dix Hauser.”

“Huh, smaller than I expected,” says Stack.

“You’re one to talk,” says Ingrid. Stack nudges her, silencing Ingrid.

As she waits, she turns her head, then sees the five of you standing there like a bunch of idiots. “Well, howdy!” she says happily. She waves you all over. “I’ve seen ya before!” She holds out her hand to you. “I’m Dix. You and me are fighting this afternoon. Y’all look pretty sharp in those uniforms of yours, compared to mine.” She tugs on the leg of her shorts, exposing a bit of her thighs. “I’d honestly prefer those skirts, way more airy. So what’s up with y’all? I wanna know more about you in particular uh…" She seems to have trouble remembering your name. "... Melody? Am I close?"

> Boast
> Neutral
> Polite

>> Boast

>> Polite

Close enough, Dix.

> Polite

THE CUTEST TANK EVER MADE

> Polite

I'm posting with my name today, why not. Also I have two surprises for you anons today, you're very lucky.

>Polite

> Polite

“Elodie,” you correct her gently. “My name is Elodie, Dix. So, yeah, you were close.”

“Ah!” She thumps her head with her fist, sticking her tongue out. “My bad, Elodie! But yeah, listen, I’ve caught wind of your accomplishments, even hear that Griselda is having a good time too. Actually, Griselda is partially why I’m here.”

“What, really?” you ask. Really? What did Griselda do?

“I was in Middle School last year, saw Griselda on the big screen duking it out in the ITL. She had some rough starts I think, but I think she’s a good commander.” She tugs your sleeve brings you closer, smirking at you. “Between you and me, I’m actually kind of honored to be facing a Pool. It’s not often you get to do this kind of stuff in Tankery. Don’t tell her I said that.”

“Noted,” you say. You look to your crew. “Oh, um, this is my crew. Winona.” Winona smiles, nodding. “Ingrid, Stack.” Ingrid and Stack nod as well, smiling politely. “And Josephina.” Josephina as well nods, towering completely over Dix.

“Wow!” Dix looks up at Josephina, making her blush intensely and look away. “You’re a big unit!”

“U- um, th- merci?” says Josephina confusedly.

Dix folds her arms. “Well, it’s nice to see you, Elodie. Tell Griselda I look forward to facing her.” Dix checks her watch, and her eyes widen. “Aw, nuts. I gotta check in with some of my crews. Have some fun before the match, alright?” She bounces past the lot of you. “The tanks are gonna be real sad if y’all are sad, that’s how it goes!” And with that, she jogs away.

Winona nudges you. “So, you’re the boss. Where do you want to go?”

> Find some people at the bleachers.
> Go find Griselda.
> Have some fun in the fair.
> Other

> Find some people at the bleachers.

How gay is it ?

>Go find Griselda.

> Have some lewd at the fair

Schteel, answer me on twitter so I know whether I can post tanks or not.

As gay as five girls jammed into a hot, sweaty compartment for hours on end.

As gay as two tank turrets touching.

oi, no lewds allowed

This lewd enough for ya?

How indecent!

Which reminds me which is stronger? A 75mm American or a 6 pounder British?

The 6 Pndr (57mm) is actually stronger in the armor-penetrating capability. The American 75mm M3 was designed for more all around HE and AP capability, which the 6 Pndr does not have (HE rounds were kind of meh in lower calibers.)

Well, a 6 pounder is something like 57mm, so theoretically the 75mm.
However, the 6pdr was primarily an AT gun while the 75mm was, iirc, a primarily HE-firing cannon.

So basically, Elodie's cannon has more force when firing, but Griselda's is a bit larger and fires more... explosively.

You're saying the pounder is on top?

-

-

“Aw, lookitthelittlegoat!” Winona and even Ingrid are mesmerized by the fair’s own little Panzer Pets. They petted the little beast on its hairy little head as it chewed on some grass. All that was really getting to you though was the smell. Jesus fucking Christ it smelled like something died and got shat out the end of an elephant in this petting zoo. How do children stand this!? “Heee! He’s chewing on grass, what a little numpty!”

Stack and Josephina however were busy playing around with a pig rolling around in dirt. Stack especially was taking it kind of… “Stack!” you call. “Y- you don’t need to roll around in the mud with the pig!”

“Aw, don’t be such a buzzkill!” Stack wipes some mud off of her face, grinning happily. Her uniform, everything on her looks dreadful.

“Stack-“ Ugh, you’ll just get her a new uniform before the match starts. You check your watch.

Oh shit, it starts in an hour.

“Elodie!” You look over to see Denise rolling towards the petting zoo fence in her Kettenkrad. Oh, salvation, thank you. You run on over, leaning on the fence towards her. “Elodie! I made it to your match!” She gives you a thumbs up. “Hehe!” She looks over to see your crew busy dirtying themselves up by playing with animals. “What’s with the-“

A cow moos as it comes towards you. “Er- that’s- let’s not talk about it.” You hear it chewing loudly in your ear as it breathes over your shoulder. Um. A little privacy?

“Well, I just wanted to say Good luck and have fun, or as they say in the Starcraft scene uh…” She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a phone. “… GL, HF!”

> Boast
> Neutral
> Polite

The 6pdr is more energetic and forceful on enemy armour.

> Boast

> Polite

Anyway since Schteel gave me the okay I'm going to give you your presents, user: The command tanks for Gagetown and Heinlein!
Now, some of you might notice that the art style is a little different from mine, and that's because these were done by a mate of mine. I did a little editing and put the crests on, but the actual tanks were his. Great guy.
In any case, first we have Gagetown's command tank, a Firefly.

Such sexy curves

If you like curves, you ain't seen nothing yet. Because next we have Heinlein's Sherman Jumbo!

>Boast
I kinda want to see Elodie say something really stupid here that will bite her in the ass/embarrass her if they don't claim points of Heinlein. But will totally boost morale if they do lose

Bah gawd

The further lewd adventures of Elodie and Griselda.

stop it

I SAID STOP IT

> Neutral

Only when I run out of ideas to make shitty five minute edits.

I understand, still the 75mm M3 is better then the Qf 75mm gun though right?

> Boast

“Uh, thanks Denise!” You snap your fingers, smiling at her. “But I won’t need luck. I got the best crew in the world, and we’re commanded by the younger sister of one of the most renowned tank commanders in the world. What could go wrong?”

Denise flips through her phone. “Actually, it says here it’s 6 vs. 20.” Oh. “They’re deploying 5 Pershing’s today actually.” Oh. “Also, something about a really fast Jumbo tank, whatever that is?” OH. FUCK. “But hey, if you’re confident, I’m confident! I like that!”

“Y-… yeah,” you say. “Thanks, Denise.”

“I’m off!” She salutes, then speeds away.

… oh fuck.

-

-

You meet at the stage. Instead of a big railway gun carriage serving as the big screen TV, a more dedicated platform for a variety of TVs was built for the Tankery matches in North America. You six commanders of LGA stand across from the twenty that will be facing you.

Griselda leans closer to you. “I’m so sorry, I would’ve thought Dix had been sporting.”

“It’s fine,” you whisper. “Not the first time we’ve had to be outnumbered.”

“Yeah, in a flag battle!” Griselda grits her teeth, tapping her foot incessantly.

> “Look, we’ll do our best. You just lead us.”
> “Don’t worry, I’ll carry us.”
> “Let’s just go this over with.”
> Other

>> “Look, we’ll do our best. You just lead us.”

>We have a good plan, the commanders are the key and if we can take out as many of their good tanks as we can, we'll have a better chance at the flag match.

>“Uh, thanks Denise!” You snap your fingers, smiling at her. “But I won’t need luck. I got the best crew in the world, and we’re commanded by the younger sister of one of the most renowned tank commanders in the world. What could go wrong?”
>
>Denise flips through her phone. “Actually, it says here it’s 6 vs. 20.” Oh. “They’re deploying 5 Pershing’s today actually.” Oh. “Also, something about a really fast Jumbo tank, whatever that is?” OH. FUCK. “But hey, if you’re confident, I’m confident! I like that!”
THIS IS WHY ELODIE DOESN'T INTO CONFIDENT

> Other
"Come what may, you can count on all of us to perform our very best. Do not sell us short, and we might just surprise you.".

I will fully admit that I am biased, but I think that (at least in Tankery) the 6pdr is overall superior to the 75mm.

>“Look, we’ll do our best. You just lead us.”

True, but every once in a while I'd like to see her have a lapse in judgement. That and I hoped that we could have our own Anglerfish Dance moment. To soften her up a bit. Another day perhaps.

I'll back this though, in addition to adding.

>I have faith
To give Gris-Gris a little bit of calm to her. Seeing as we're a bundle of nerves.

Eh maybe to the QF 75mm, but the American 75mm M2/M3, had superior armor penetration at least at 100 meters.

As I said, biased. Comet-chan is my waifu.

But iirc that is not a QF 75mm but is a QF 77mm do where does the 6 pounder come into play>?

user, please. I as explaining I was biased towards the 6pdr (though I still believe it's slightly superior) because of my affection for British tanks.

Mah Nigger

Comet Tank best Tank.

But the British Tanks aren't that great though IIrc, at least the early cruisers weren't.

You my nigga, 77mm of sex

Now listen here fucko, British tanks are great. Just look at this fucker, this was the fuckin' tank that held Africa.

“We’ll do our best, Griselda,” you say. “Just lead us. I have faith.”

Griselda pouts at you. “You’re not making me feel confident.”

You sigh. “Tell you what, if we lose, I’ll do something funny for you.” She squints at you. “… what, I can do funny stuff.” She continues to stare at you, skeptically. “That’s if we lose of course.”

The Judges line up between your lineups. “This battle between Lafayette Girls Academy and Robert A. Heinlein Military Academy will be an Elimination Battle! Here are your starting lineups!”

> LAFAYETTE GIRLS ACADEMY
> Hometown: Norfolk, Virginia
> Motto: “Dum vivimus, vivamus”
> March: Lafayette Girls Academy March
> Commander: Griselda Pool

> **GRISELDA POOL (M4 Sherman – 75mm M3)
> *ELODIE R. ZUMWALT (Centaur I – QF 6-Pounder)
> IRIS BLACKBOURNE (Churchill IV – QF 6-Pounder)
> “SUVOROV” (Panzer III Ausf. J – 50mm KwK 38 L/42)
> SERAFINA MACZEK (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3)
> REGINA TANEY (IS-2m – D-25T 122mm)

> VS

[2/2]

> ROBERT A HEINLEIN MILITARY ACADEMY
> Hometown: Charleston, South Carolina
> Motto: “Exitus Acta Probat”
> March: Dixie/Klendathu Drop
> Commander: Diana “Dix” Hauser

> **CPT. “DIX” HAUSER (M4A3E8 Sherman – 76mm M1 “Dutch”)
> *SGT. “FRIAR” BENSON (M4A3E2 Sherman – 75mm M3 “Cobra King) (LEGENDARY)
> CPL. “AUNTIE DOT” MURDOCH (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3 “San Quentin”)
> CPL. “KITTY” DANSON (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3 “Alcatraz”)
> CPL. “BUTTERCUP” YELICH (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3 “Atlanta”)
> CPL. “ROSIE” STARK (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3 “Attica”)
> CPL. “BLUE” JACKSON (M26 Pershing – 90mm M3 “Folsom”)
> CPL. “SNOWIE” CUTHBERT (M45 Pershing – 105mm M4 “Rikers”)
> *SGT. “DEE DEE” KASPEROFF (M4A3E8 Sherman – 76mm M1 “Buchanan”)
> CPL. “SWEETUMS” TALBOT (M4A3E8 Sherman – 76mm M1 “Griswold”)
> CPL. “STRIPESY” POSEY (M4A3E2 Sherman (76) – 76mm M1 “Trumbull”)
> CPL. “LACEY” WILCOX (M4A3E2 Sherman (76) – 76mm M1 “Rucker”)
> CPL. “POLKA DOTS” MCGEE (M4A3E2 Sherman (76) – 76mm M1 “Benning”)
> *SGT. “RED” PULLER (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Nova”)
> CPL. “ROCK” MORGAN (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Harvard”)
> CPL. “REX” GAGE (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Hampton”)
> CPL. “LEGS” SMITH (M24 Chaffee – 75mm M6 “Columbia”)
> *SGT. “BLAST” HARDING (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Alabama”)
> CPL. “GRIZZLY” JENSON (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “North Dakota”)
> CPL. “KODIAK” FENTON (M8 Scott – 75mm M3 Howitzer “Arizona”)

“Let us begin the match at once!”

Dix nods to you all. “Good luck, y’all! You’ll need it!”

-

-

Pffft, you’ll need it. You examine the map once more. Route 15 is a big chokepoint. Only real way around it is either over the big rises (not an option for the Pershings, at least not in timely fashion) or all the way around to the river. Both will be impractical, unless Dix proves herself to be patient.

[2/3]

[3/3]

“Right, the idea is that one of us is bait,” says Griselda. “Elodie, assign someone to draw in Dix’s forces through Route 15. Wait for my mark.”

> You
> The IS-2
> The Churchill IV
> The Panzer III
> The M26 Pershing

Against the Italians maybe, but with the German Panzer III and even short barrel 75mm Panzer IVs were more then a match for it. Especially the 2 pounder variants.

If your tank had to be replaced with america's stopgap (M3 Lee/Grant) and British crews enjoyed them more then tanks made by the motherland then you know it's not all that.

We are going to lose so hard.

>> You
You guys, should have bought the camo for the Cromwell.

No one wanted to buy upgrades, so that was our fault.

The Lee was a good tank though. Not the best, but a perfectly acceptable tank until the US could get the flaws with the M4 ironed out.

Based on the huge ridge, you'd think the Pershing would be decent bait, right? Forgive my ignorance, I can be convinced by a different option, if people explain it.
>Pershing

It was but I'm just saying that British tank development especially their cruiser branch was not very good, at least the early variants and your saying it held the line it Africa.

It didn't. The M3 Lee/Grant, and the Lend Lease Shermans did..

The Crusader was just a beating stick for the Italians.

We're acting as bait the Pershng is relatively slow, iirc compared to the Cromwell. We just need a hit a run to lure the tanks into the ridge.

> You

In defense of British tank development, I'm going to point out that the Churchill tank was actually a perfectly serviceable tank in North Africa. It even scored the first kill against a Tiger I in the western front. In all other situations, it performed admirably as well.

It was though, user. The Crusader (and its other marks including the Coventer and pic related) were an important part of British tank development.

So, best guess, they'll lead with the Legendary Jumbo so our Ambush doesn't work.

However, if we were to use our Gunners perk to score a mobility kill when the point is at its chokeiest....

Well, we do have that nice skill that Winona has, maybe we'll see some use out of it today.

Yeah, thats what I meant

Yeah, but i didn't say anything bad about the Infantry branch of tank development, only cruiser.

The Churchill, was an Infantry tank not a Cruiser tank.

Also kill is debatable, it was more disabled then knocked out, since none of the rounds actually penetrated and only disabled the turret of the tiger iirc.

it's important sure (your shifting the goal posts), to show what not to do when developing a tank, (being slightly hyperbolic) However, it is true that Cruisers didn't held the line it was the Infantry tanks that held North Africa.

Crusaders (at least the early variants) and other early cruisers, were so-so or not very good.

Even the Coventer that you mentioned was never really used other then test trials. Is it important for British tank development, sure. But was it a good tank, not really considering the opposition.

>You
Pedal to the metal.

As an aside, love the nicknames for everyone. The girls are going to need some nicknames at some point. Not just Stack and Suvarov

Personal favourites are Polka Dots and Sweetums

My apologies user, I didn't mean to shift any kind of posts. That post was meant to be an addendum. Indeed, the original post about the Crusader was mostly meant to be a joke! One you, uh, didn't get, clearly.
Either way, British tanks are my waifus, how about we leave it at that?

> You

The nicknames were very much something to come up with. Stripesy, Lacey, and Polka Dots especially.

>claims not to be lewd
>writes stories about young nubile girls groping each other and calling each other lewd nicknames

>Indeed, the original post about the Crusader was mostly meant to be a joke! One you, uh, didn't get, clearly.

If that was the case, fine but when you mentioned that you held bias for British tanks and they are your 'waifu' then say they held North Africa.

Kind of hard to pick out the joke.

> You

“We’ll take the middle road and draw them in as best we can. Everyone know the plan?” you ask.

“Yep!” says everyone.

“Good. Let’s roll.” Your tank starts rolling up Route 15. “Josephina, cruise speed, I want to be able to stop on a dime.”

“Oui!” she reports. You look down into the turret to see her leaning to the left to accommodate her somewhat excessive height. You motion to Ingrid, who leans over and lifts up her driver’s hatch. “Oh, merci beaucoup, Ingrid!”

Stack readies an AP round between her arms. “Oh boy, being the bait!” Stack grins madly, bouncing in her seat. “Oh boy, oh boy, I love being the bait! We’ll bait them and outsmart them! Haha!” Winona as well bites her lip, ready in the gunner’s seat.

Right, you’re going up Route 15 and about flying at a steady 40 miles an hour. As you come up to their side of the field though…

> COMMAND POINTS: 53 CP
> INTUITION: - 2 CP
> EXECUTE TACTICAL MANEUVER (Which?)
> TARGET WEAKPOINT: - 10 CP
> Come to their side slowly and cautiously.
> Speed on through, speed is armor.
> Other

I'm like Mr. Diddles. I'm a champion at lewd but also ashamed of it. I have two watches on because it's always time to be lewd.

Leaves little to the imagination, doesn't it.

I kinda want Ellie to regain a nickname again. Only this time she'll have earned it And she'll have no right to complain if she earns it this weekend

>Come to their side slowly and cautiously.

>> Come to their side slowly and cautiously.

The goal is to take out one of their commanders.

>Come to their side slowly and cautiously.

We've got oodles of these points!

We want to bring them in, and my instincts say slow, to give our team time to prepare the trap.

>> Come to their side slowly and cautiously.

> Speed on through, speed is armor.

Save them for the Magic shots. user. Iirc they cost like 10 each.

“Take us in cautiously now,” you declare. Oliver starts slowing down, his tracks clattering to a creeping pace. You lean on the back of the turret hatch, while Stack pokes her head out of the loader’s hatch, grinning happily. “Hey, who said you could turn out?”

“I can’t wait!” Stack bounces up and down. Ugh, you can’t contain that enthusiasm.

“This is Serafina!” You look back down the road. “Me and the IS-2 are in position at the end of Route 15!”

“Me and Suvorov are still climbing,” says Iris.

“Same,” says Griselda.

Alright, fine. Hopefully they’re at least halfway. They should be halfway.

But as you creep around the corner, you turn your head.

To meet a wall of five Pershing tanks, with fifteen other US tanks behind them, no more than two-hundred meters away and closing fast.

> COMMAND POINTS: 53 CP
> EXECUTE TACTICAL MANEUVER (Which?)
> Deploy Smoke (3/3)
> RUN
> STAND YOUR GROUND
> Other

>Intuition -2
The girls aren't ready. Can we take out one Pershing and start running with Smoke? Or is it too soon. Intuition help us.

> RUN

What? They just went STRAIGHT at us?

Awesome.

Track the leading tank then get the hell outta there!

> Run

Track and Run

>> INTUITION: - 2 CP