Previous Thread: >Pastebin
pastebin.com/PPptBB5u

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-the-pack/

>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/181760?affiliate_id=13&src=TheOnyxPath
>poorfags
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

Do you have a favorite homebrew? Or do you just dislike them in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/Misc/Immortal_Rules_Revised.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=hQgmyQFFQjo
youtu.be/kcqCx4HzeAM?t=223
youtube.com/watch?v=mpMP_ZgIHjk
youtube.com/watch?v=3qXpTOWyshg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Princess the Hopeful

I wanna do Immortal The Highlandering but only one guy in my gaming group is interested

Is that yet another fan splat that is probably terrible, or are you just talking about using the blue book immortal (which is awesome).

>Do you have a favorite homebrew? Or do you just dislike them in general?
I like Genius and Immortal Revised. I want to finish reading through Princess before giving an opinion on it, but it looks cool from what I've seen so far. Why does it have two different versions?

Did Genius ever get updated for 2E?

Have fun:

mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/Misc/Immortal_Rules_Revised.pdf

Some people are working on an 2E update. They are trying to vear it away from its "mage is shit" origins.

>They are trying to vear it away from its "mage is shit" origins.
I personally think one of the things that needs work is the fact there are so many goddamned things, Jesus Christ.

What do you mean?

The fact there are WAY too may different term in the current version.

>The reference charts at the end
I keep reading "Seraphic Fury" as "Sapphic Fury".

either works, for Princess ;)

There can be only one...

Basically, the devteam couldn't agree on shit.

One part of the devteam (the guy who did most of the work on the Twilight Queens) wanted it to be "magical girls, as interpreted by the world of darkness." His ideal had the queens as distant, half-mad exemplars, a default assumption of "no crossovers", and so on. Mechanically, he wanted to simplify the magic system, but encourage people to take multiple different [power groups] rather than going all-in to one.

Te other guy wanted "Magical girls in the world of darkness", so had things like the queens being people you could go hang out with, lots of cross-over stuff including with other fan-lines, and really complex powers that each player was intended to focus on one group of (since its a pdf only, so they don't need to worry about page count as much)

Last I heard, the first guy had left the project because he got tired of fighting over it all the time, which is unfortunate, because i liked his fluff and mechanics better.

I hate dev drama. It always ruins good things.

I thought Dave said that each Arcana gets a type of armor, like Death reducing damage to bashing by making them akin to vampire.

They do?

Where's the rote for them? I don't see them anywhere

It's an attainment.

Mage Armor is an inherent power once you hit 2 dots in an arcana.

I feel like mages are way too weak this edition, they should be much, much stronger, awaiting some erratas to fix this

Lazy, very lazy.

1/10 - made me reply

How would you go about playing an Embraced bunny?

Is this a reference to that shitty cartoon

No,it's reference to the book and the game that inspired the shitty cartoon you dolt!

>Why does it have two different versions?
Princesses often hold strong views.

Which is which, though? The Dream Version has the Queens as distant Exarch/Oracle type figures aside from Queen of Tears, and there's not much in the way of crossover other than a few Embassies and mentions in he stereotypes and Clash of Wills. I don't know whether I'd say the magic is simplified, though.
I haven't read the Vocation version yet, but then again I haven't finished the Dream version.

>There's a Bunnicula cartoon
>There's a Bunnicula game

Why does the idea of a Changeling who is every member of Frankie Valii and Four Seasons at the same time appeal to me?
youtube.com/watch?v=hQgmyQFFQjo

you have shit taste

>Concealment magic, of whatever type, can hide a target from Active Mage Sight, but only if the concealment would logically mask the target from the purview of the Arcanum in question. Even then, if the concealment power uses the same magical principles as the detecting Arcanum, the mage still has a chance to see through it. For example, a light-based invisibility spell would conceal a target from Mind Sight, but Life Sight could still detect the living being, with or without the assistance of photons. Likewise, some vampires employ a kind of mental “invisibility” that causes observers to ignore them. This power would conceal a target from Forces Sight (it isn’t light-based) or Time Sight, but not Mind Sight (since both the concealment power and the Arcanum are working on the same principles).
I don't understand what this is saying. Why would invisibility stop Mind but not Life? Why would "Invisibility" make you invisible to Mind but make you show up on Life? Why does being invisible stop stop your thoughts from being detected but not your life essence? Did they typo and mean something like Matter or Space?

>Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons
>not the superior parody version

>Machiavelli and the Four Seasons
>There's clearly six of them
Why is this allowed.

To be fair, in Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons there are clearly only four of them.

Machiavelli is two dudes, obviously

Its a corruption of their native Belarusian, it's Machi & Velli

Yeah, which was what I was getting at with my changeling idea. the guy was broken into four pieces that were then reshaped into separate bodies, also each one was made with a different musical role in mind, which explains the fact that he has four Kiths (Nightsinger, Minstrel, Thusser and Flamesiren)

The visuals of this scene are really similar to how I described my character's deaths in the Geist game I ran.
youtu.be/kcqCx4HzeAM?t=223

I'm just starting this game, but it really looks like a great idea of Twilight.

its a shit game tbqh but it is a great concept

Leviathan.
It's what we should have gotten instead of Beast.

I was going to say "it seems pretty good so far", but then I got to the first ̶D̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶o̶r̶ Demon section and that's really a shitty mechanic.

An unfinished clusterfuck with less sense of direction? Doesn't that game have even less of a coherent focus than Beast, as well as seven total forms?
Also, the only time I've seen anyone actually play or make a Leviathan character is a gay M-preg profile on F-list.

im more mad at the actual investigative stuff.

i'm a huge noob

do the revised editions of the vampire clanbooks (such as White Wolf's 'Clanbook: Nosferatu - Revised Edition) have much of a focus on or relevance to the setting of Vampire: The Dark Ages?

also, as the storyteller for players in a coterie of vampires, books such as 'Dark Ages: Mage' are useful in creating interesting characters that influence the chronicle, no? what about 'Werewolf The Dark Ages?' is it outdated and irrelevant?

and lastly, are there any 'must-haves' or highly recommended books that could help me guide a chronicle?

thanks in advance, pretty keen to place an order for summadeseboox

It's not great, but I don't hate it. That it's a game about investigation is already more than enough for me, since that basically never happens. I feel like this game would have benefited from something more akin to Telltale's format. I like the investigating, but it feels clunky, and the piecing together mysteries part feels sort of... I don't know, I wish there was more to it than just losing badges for guessing wrong.

But I've only gotten to the beach at this point.

Because when they wrote that they weren't just looking at things within mage that conceal characters. It's also looking at Demon, Werewolf, Vampire, and Beast.
And a vampire's invisibility trick will hide from life because Life Sense cannot pick up the Undead.
Mind can, but again if there is a crowd of people passive mage sight might miss them, but would be clash of wills territory at least.

Mage Invisibility wouldn't stop life or Mind but Prime and Forces sure. Remember all 2e supplements are built around the concept that these beings are not alone in their city, that the other splats are there in some other percentage and you will likely have to encounter them eventually.

I think it's just a typo.
Nigga what
Did you even read the bit he quoted?

Abyss or lower Depth?

Abyss. Not sure what sort of incursion it is though, but it is...bad.

As says, did you even read what I quoted? My problem isn't with whether Obfuscate would avoid non-Mind Sight. Obfuscate can be seen by Mind because that's what Obfuscate is. To anything else, you can't pierce the "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" effect.

But I want to know why it said that Life could detect some kind of Forces based invisibility but Mind couldn't. If Life could, Mind could. Both wouldn't worry about something bending light. It might have been a typo and they meant Space Sight or something like that. The ability to see bent space doesn't mean you can see invisible things.

Interstitial terrain.

Elder Tzimisce with Celerity

Can mages that are part of a werewolf pack purchase the Totem Merit and/or benefit from benefits and bonuses offered by a pack totem?

Can a spirit be both a werewolf pack totem and a mage familiar?

No

Why?

Every member of the pack gains the totem bonuses.

W:tF 2e, p. 92,

"Whatever trait the players buy, every member of the pack
gains it. If they have 15 Totem points, they have five Experiences
to spend. They agree on a dot of Strength and the one-dot
version of the Fleet of Foot Merit. Every member of the pack
— including Wolf-Blooded and human members — gains one
dot of Strength and the one-dot version of the Merit."

I don't believe that anyone other than werewolfs and certain wolf-blooded can purchase the Totem merit without the Magnanimous Totem Merit, The Pack, pp. 30-31.

They can, but only 1 dot, unless the pack has the Magnanimous Totem merit from The Pack.

Every member of the pack (even humans) gets the totem advantages. But only werewolves and wolf-blooded may purchase the totem merit.

There's no rule against it beyond common sense.

And Purified

There's a Pack Bond merit that lets individual wolf-blooded do it

>They can, but only 1 dot, unless the pack has the Magnanimous Totem merit from The Pack.
Magnanimous Totem doesn't say anything about mages.

I'm assuming Mages go into the same level as Wolf-Blooded, since they're more than human but not on the same level of dedication to the Hunt as the Werewolves

Is there any other splats a Mage can be in the same group as and not feel more powerful?

My local group really likes Mixed Games.

As the base no a mage can't purchase totem dots. But can still gain the benefits of the totem for being in the pack.
But with the purchase of the MAGNANIMOUS TOTEM merit it can be argued that other supernaturals can buy the totem merit as a "human".

>Magnanimous Totem doesn't say anything about mages.

Does it mention Humans, because Mages are.

That's 1e, totems and spirits were different then, and it's not a werewolf pack totem merit, its just for the purified. It's basically more like the mentor merit.

Why you being such a fun-nazi?

No, Mages are always more powerful. The only way to balance them out is to keep humans around all the time so they Paradox like a motherfucker

They don't count as human for the purposes of the merit.

source?

>Why you being such a fun-nazi?
You didn't seem to know the conversation was talking about 2e, so it was reasonable to guess that you didn't know that things work different between editions.

I shouldn't have to post "you can do everything you want in your own games" but if you need that affirmation there you are.

Oh, so they're released 2e Purified then have they?

My mistake, I wasn't aware. I assumed we still had to use 1e and relevant errata like for all the other templates that haven't been updated yet.

Do you have a link so I can read the new version?

The Pack and core, they're covered under "Other".

>My mistake, I wasn't aware. I assumed we still had to use 1e and relevant errata like for all the other templates that haven't been updated yet.
You shouldn't assume. You're making an ass out of yourself.

You can read how Purified totem merit isn't them as part of a pack totem in Immortals. You can read how spirits/totems have changed in almost everything in 2e.

>Why you being such a fun-nazi?
Why are you trolling?
This is something to ask your DM.

>anything without a 2e update no longer exists

Right, I'm the troll

Leviathan was real cool. Basically Beast done right, plus a lot of aspects of Mummy done right-er, and long before either came out. Not liking what I'm seeing so far for the 2E conversion, but looks like it's the most we'll get since they never finished the first one.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpMP_ZgIHjk
I just realized this would be perfect for Werewolf.

NEET: The Autistic

Is there a list of all the WoD/CofD fansplats somewhere?

Mages count as Human unless otherwise specified - basically for anything except "becoming another supernatural type" (since their Major Template, like all Major Template, overrides others).

>tfw that's my profile

Time for the real question that is on everyone's mind: When's the last time the benevolent motherfucker known as Mothman showed up in your game? If he hasn't, what are you waiting for!?!

youtube.com/watch?v=3qXpTOWyshg

Who is that guy?

I haven't had the chance to run Demon: the Descent yet, but if I did I'd use the Mothmen from the Cryptids section of the core. The few Mothmen that are left would live in small groups in forests along the Eastern part of the United States, and another Mothman Outbreak would be imminent.

If you want clanbooks for the Dark Ages, then you want Player's Guides to the High and Low Clans.

I'd allow it. If you're in a Werewolf crossover game and are willing to spring for Magnanimous Totem, I say go for it. I could see making the argument that other supernaturals count as Wolf-Blooded because the corebook says "Most of the time, such creatures fit in on the
level of Wolf-Blooded," but that is a very generous reading and it is pretty obvious it meant it on more of a social level. Than again, reading humans to include Mages under Magnanimous Totem is also being generous as that likely wasn't the intent when that was written.

If push comes to shove, just make a Wolf-Blooded Vampire/Mage/Whatever.

Mothman from the Shin Megami Tensei series.

So a Mage with a mythological Shadow Name, the Destiny merit at 5 dots, and Aspirations that focus their narrative into follow the legend of the digure they're named after; fun idea, or should I wait for more Scion previews instead?

I want to play an Acanthus named Tyr who hates werewolves but knows they can't kill him until Ragnarok.

I think a good Scion character idea is something that's a little more in response to the patron deity as opposed to a direct retracing of their footsteps, so it'd be better for Mage, but that's just me. The werewolf aspect seems a bit gonzo, but otherwise that's a fun idea if you can make it work with a Cabal.

Very gimmicky, and yeah it sounds like you just want to play Scion and are jamming the proverbial square peg into the round hole. Having a mythological shadow name is fine, but then focusing your entire character around that is boring. You should be eager to delve into the Mysteries that the ST is going to be throwing your way, not ruminating on an apocalypse or losing your hand to some big wolf.

Wouldn't they just be creating a Mystery wrapped around the character anyways, since every player's Obsession is pretty much "Hey ST, make this a Mystery"? You could also do some stuff about the symbolism of Ragnarok, and the cycles of rebirth, and all that stuff. It seems like it'd be a bit difficult but it's certainly not dire.

Hard mode: The game is set in 1950s Beijing.

I can do 1890s Hong Kong or 1920s Shanghai.

The whole point of Obsessions is to have a player-facing mechanic that allows them some sway over the narrative. A good ST will talk with each of their players about how to work their Obsessions into the chronicle setting as Mysteries to solve, during the pregame or a session zero. Doing otherwise smacks of "I'm here to tell my story!" rather than the collaborative story game that CofD wants to be.

So I attempted Storytelling for my combat-addicted vampire group, but combat gets pretty stupid pretty fast. Either antagonists utterly ruin the players, or the players utterly ruin the antagonists, depending on who has the most Celerity and Obfuscate.

From the fact that Celerity and Obfuscate were called out, I'm guessing you're playing Masquerade?

Yep. I've quickly realized that I must either pull punches and watch NPCs die in droves, or just eradicate the players with properly played, analogous combat monsters.

Or be a dick and brainwash them in their sleep or some shit, but that's arguably worse.

Now for the real question: WHY are you playing Masquerade?