What's bothering you today, Veeky Forums? Get it off your chest

What's bothering you today, Veeky Forums? Get it off your chest.

That I'm posting here while I should be doing work.
Yet I'm not posting that sweet present-day-fantasy thread I've been thinking about for days because I should be doing work.

I'm a little worried about the upcoming game (sixth edition RuneQuest, been working on a setting for a while). See, there's so much interest that I've had to turn people down, but at the same time, I've got two people in the group who might not show up based on experience.
That's why we agreed to have a pre-game meeting and the folks who turn up get to play.

So basically, I'm giving two of them a second chance because they're good friends and because I know they really, honestly do want to play. Two others are dedicated players in another game I'm running and the last one is just hungry as fuck for role-playing.

I guess the actual problem is that I'd like a group of five, but on the other hand, I've never had a group so large + it'll be my first time GMing RuneQuest.

This isn't gonna be the end of the world in any case, but yeah, I'm a worrywart.

There's talk of another go at making the Monsterpocalypse movie! It's great news, but what if it's rubbish? Or worse, what if PP don't start the game back up again once it's out?

>Play with group for years
>Fizzles out because they'd rather play vidya than adventure with each other
>Reunite everyone for a party
>They all decide we should start gaming again
>We have another session and it's a blast
>They don't show up to the next session, don't bother to ring ahead and say they're not coming
>See them on Xbox Live instead

>Go without roleplaying for a year
>Find and join a local group at last
>There's 11 players
>Everyone is a murderhobo
>GM is a /pol/tard
>Everybody shuts down my offers of GMing anything

>Check FB
>Old group has apparently got back together
>Talking excitedly about how much they love their current campaign
>Never invited or even mentioned it to me
>mfw

That's shit bro

I know what your thinking
>what did I do
>am I that bad?
>I thought at least _______ would invite me

Truth is they might not want to play with you..but who the fuck cares its a table top game it's something you love and one of the only things you have a ember of passion for sure you could give up you could just put up your dice and books but you won't none of us ever truly do.

My advice play more get a new group and if that don't work out get another one and keep getting another one till you find one that sticks. Take it from me I have gone through so many Fucking groups because I'm a picky asshole and mediocre at role-playing but out of all my years 3 groups have stood out and while they haven't lasted forever I don't regret the time I spent with them nor will you so go have fun

>been playing with the same group for a few years
>we start working on a new setting
>low fantasy, low magic, politics-heavy, game of thrones-ish world
>there are lots of competing houses, plots, schemes, war, treachery, kind of a complicated and convoluted political setup
>have to study hard for uni at the time the setting was being discussed/written
>two members of my group are currently at other countries, so these discussions are mainly online
>don't participate much in the process
>fast forward six months
>setting is nearly done
>set to play when everyone is back at our country
>I'm supposed to dm, players will be councillors of one of the major houses
>good overall dm, but no experience with politics-heavy settings
>feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really know a lot about the setting
>feel completely lost when they're discussing the political panorama
>don't know how I'm supposed to really get into the setting
>don't know how to deal with the tons of intersecting political plots
>last dm, who will be playing now, was really good and I feel I have to keep it on the same level

Any tips? I'm actually pretty worried.

>Regular Friday night game
>In the last few months one player has been watching some celebrities play D&D on twitch or something
>Lately they've gotten other group members into watching these things
>They've started complaining I'm not as creative or funny a GM as the people on their shows
>Want to stop playing the game we're playing and play 5e D&D instead because that's what the people on the shows are playing

I just want to play D&D so badly.

I can't do Roll20 because my speech impediment makes microphone-based games an impossibility. To make matters worse, the text-only games on Roll20 are absolute garbage.

I just want to play make-believe with everyone else ;_;

I got fired earlier in the week for no good reason really. I have a severe cold and no prospects. I live with my parents at 25.

I run a weekly game that people like decently enough and it's relatively successful.
My group can't make it next week though.
Nobody I know runs campaigns ever so I'll have nothing to do next week and it's bumming me out.
It's hard for me to deal with strangers with tabletop stuff and looking for games is hard so... Finding a game is more or less out.

My wife might not get her contract renewed because some people are upset that she's been teaching evolution.

Public high school in Burgerland.

>Never played tabletop.
>Finds a guy who wants to do a game in a setting I love.
>Get confused making character.
>Guy helps.
>Get a job, now I don't have a lot of time to do things.
>Almost finished with character sheet.
>Forced to leave dorms, move into my apartment with no Internet connection.
>Can't finish character sheet.
I feel like such a piece of shit.

How bad is your speech impediment? Ever thought of getting a coach to help you out?
Sucks man. You can always give the military a chance if you're not sure.

I'm very seriously considering cheating on my girlfriend.

We've been an item for a few months, petite asian qt, dorky too. We have lots in common, we spend a lot of time together, we always have fun, sex is pretty good, she's crazy in love, it's been wonderful, she's wonderful but.......it's getting boring, she's just too nice, too good, too vanilla. There's this latina in some of my classes that has made it very clear that she wants my dong, I'm thinking of starting something on the side with her.

We met on our D&D group, our DM made it happen and the group would probably fall apart if I cheat.

Don't cheat bro, later on in life when you're an old fart, that calm, nice, "boring" woman will make you a happy husband versus the wild woman who'll break your heart after sucking your best buds cock.

Unless you're into cuckoldry.

Naw son. You better not cheat on a qt azn grill just because another girl wants your dick.
When that relationship is over, neither of them are going to want you.

>No friends
>Trying my hand at programming but clearly too dumb for it
>On the verge of giving up

>not immediately fantasising about a steamy, culturally-enriching threesome

Are you sure you're not gay, user?

Oh for sweet fuck. These godamn hicks need to geow the absolute fuck up. They are making us all look retarded and threatening the jobs of people that know how to actually teach.

Aw dude that sucks.

My guts are upset and I want the mean poop to leave.

That shit is tough dude, just keep at it. Maybe get some help or tutoring? As for friends, just talk to folks. Some will be worth keeping up with and then boom. Friends. Thats how I did it.

I'm so fucking angry all the time... God damn elves!!

I missed two weeks at the gym, went back today, and now I feel like a DYEL

The fucking social worker told me im not thinking right.

>we're usually pretty chill and think the same things about stuff
>i make the casual coment that THIS political party has had several cases of abusing power for financial gain
>she says CURRENT political party is just as bad
>except it isnt by dint of the fact that its not been in power long enough and already makes loads of money legally, compared to OTHER party that doesnt.
>go into long explanation of my own theory of crimenology
>she says im not thinking correctly e.g. insane
>she says that such crimes that have been revealed by the media are essentially minutiae
>she says the only thing that matters is the big issues like education
>she might be right
>she goes into explanation which is essentially poor persons bias, to wit; disreguarding that people should be able to pay to go to better schools (which is a non-crime way to advance in life, as opposed to crime.)

Despite the obvious, poor person bias, she might still be right...

I take so much time and effort to analyse everything i think critically, removing biases, critrical thinking fallacies, using scientific method, system 2 thinking, belonging to a debating society, etc.

I guess it was a low blow she struck, because ive had mental difficulties before in my life.

I can't find my fucking Eternal Witness and I hate buying commons/uncommons, especially ones that actually cost money.

I'm buying a flat on a mortgage and cellar is sold separately.
This is problem because I can't put it in the mortgage and need to either scramble more money to pay it in full or not have a cellar.
This is Veeky Forums related because I wanted to have hobby room in the cellar. Flat proper will double as an office so I can't really have my toys there.

Be strong dude.

That sucks man, but im guessing that practice would get you out of the speech impediment, so maybe microphone games are exactly what you need?

We were going to play DnD today while I'm stuck in bed but most of the party just told me it ain't happening.

So I'm stuck playing Stellaris, chugging percocet and drinking smoothies.

Dont be a dickhead

>47250024
> I take so much time and effort to analyse everything

That sounds "healthy"

> My group has been locked into the shittiest campaign ever for the last year and a half
> It's boring as fuck and no sign of improving or finishing
> But the GM is a good friend and if I quit the campaign, everyone else probably would too
> Stick it out
> Last month the GM got married.
> Player steps up to run a different campaign while the newly-weds are on their honeymoon
> Best month of gaming in forever
> Old GM says he wants to come back and pick up where he left off
> His wife tells him he's not allowed to play any more

I don't know how to feel about this. I mean, fuck her for telling him he can't have one night a week with his friends, but I don't ever want to go back to that campaign either.

>Used to be a really good GM
>group loved my games, still talk about them
>move away, people spread to the wind
>try small attempts at new games with randos online or nongaming friends a few times
>always falls apart, never very good
>Not sure I can still GM well anymore
>want to GM, no players and no confidence

>keep writing campaigns and settings out of habit and autisms
>Will never run them

Why the fuck do people marry someone that disapproves of their hobbies?

>effort to analyse everything
>That sounds "healthy"

What are the alternatives? Not analysing things and being wrong?

>marry someone that disapproves of their hobbies?

Nah its just that girls think they own you once your married. Its probably an evolutionary adaptation for makin bebe.

But this is why you need to go all 1960s man up in this bitch and maintain control of the relationship. If you wanna game 1 day a week for a few hours, you make sure you do. Have strength of character, strength of purpose.

A: The someone hid their hobbies while dating
B: They were only pretending to be okay with your hobbies while you were dating because they assumed you'd change for them after you got married
C: the ass was fat

Nah brah. Some girls do, but not all of them.

My wife lets me chill with my friends frequently. You just need to find the right girl.

>playing paranoia with friends
>one of the players is Friend Computer's gf
>FC makes a joke that committing treasonous acts and being a commie is a break-up worth offense
>gf jokes back "Yeah, 6 years down the drain, but it was worth it"
>tfw 6 years ago was my last relationship
Fuck.

Reform your post into a coherent post user, and then we can actually help you.

Okay?

Analyze things up to the point where further effort spent on analysis would start out-weighting the improvement the analysis does for your chances of being right.

There's also a consideration of what are actual impacts of being wrong. If there's low impact you can comfortably take higher chance of being wrong in favor of saving time on analysis. Time is resource too, you know.

Maybe I could draw you a 3d graph of "effort spend on analysis" vs "probability chance of being wrong" vs "impacts of being wrong" to highlight the area (volume, mathematically sepaking) where further analysis is still worth it.

Don't settle unless this is a really gold deal

Tons of fatguys and other people would probably play with you, user. Practice may rebuild your confidence.

It is, for a present day situation on real estate market at least. Even without the cellar it would be.
Obviously I could have gotten the same for cheaper couple years ago but as far as banks are concerned "working freelance" is equivalent of "hobo", so I had to wait for "a real job".

>Okay?

I have not the time nore the inklination.

Also, +1 internet if your a troll. Because thats subtle as fuck.

Humm. Something to think about...

I generally view right/wrong as a binary on/off, 1/0 etc. I do not view it as a spectrum as this is a figment of the mind. Maybe i am wrong though, because im not attaching proportions to the evidence im analysing... maybe thats what i can learn here.

Try thinking of it as a scale. You have a certainty that is percentage. For each decision set a threshold of required certainty. If you're buying new shoes, you want 90% they're good. If you're deciding to go see a movie 70 is good enough. If you're buying a house, we're talking somewhere between 99 and 99.9, etc.
That translates to binary decision easily by certainty meeting the threshold or not.

If you wanna go slightly more complex about it look into Fuzzy Logic (field of Artificial Intelligence that deal with uncertainty).

Femanon here. On one hand, once you're a proper couple with a mortgage and shit, sometimes you need to put personal interests on the background. But outright stopping someone from their hobby is wrong. It's part of who they are, and they enjoy it, so why be a crazy bitch and demand they stop?

I mean, I wish my other half would stop spending so much money on fa/tg/uy crap, but I wouldn't dream of demanding he gave it up entirely. Same as if he told me to stop gaming and get back in the kitchen, I'd kick him out first.

tl;dr don't be a controlling fuck

I've been suicidally depressed for 12 years but I still can't pull the trigger.

Don't do it, user. I still need my 4th player.

go for a run outside.

Prank call randoms and speak like hitler.

I literally have no idea how to help, since depression is very strange. However, no matter what, keep yourself alive.

Oh yeah, have regular showers. They do a lot of good.

Then are you actually suicidal?

Well, I just had a dream that the woman I love was banging somebody else in the other room while I was forced to listen in front of everyone I know.

At least real life has the decency to have never actually shown me this, even if it's just as true.

The unceasing sense of potential failure from the nightmare I had of failing high school, even though I never failed.

>No one to play with and I'm a socially inept pussy who's afraid of find a group
If I had known it would end up like this, I would have said fuck middle school studies and concentrated on honing my social skills and making friends. My achievements didn't even matter once I go out of there...

>I should prepare the campaign better
>Or at least the next session
>I really, really need to get started on this paper
>Severe depression and anxiety issues stops me from doing anything
>If I kill myself I won't have to do either

The main church of the setting is starting a crusade against a nation that was believed to be devout, but a church investigation has found evidence of heresy.
Suddenly, every king and their squire boy in the hemisphere is rallying for war against the heretics in order to become buttbuddies with the Pope.

Unknown to everyone else, the Pope started the war because the church is bankrupt, and the "heretical" nation could threaten the church's influence.
The Church is bankrupt because the bankers' union has a taste for war-profiteering, and they are secretly funding everyone but the Church in order to have the conflict drag on as long as possible.

The bankers' union is doing this because a dragon has broken into the setting through a tear in the fabric of reality, come into contact with the leaders of the bankers' union, and crowned them its chosen people because of their large stockpile of wealth. The dragon will never, ever be revealed, and the bankers' union would sooner die a thousand deaths before revealing their secret.

I broke up with my girlfriend because she called the cops on me. I'm starving and broke. I'll be homeless come August. Said ex girlfriend is pregnant and a violent crazy alcoholic. I'm on curfew for extortion. I am severely depressed. I have done inhumanly awful things I never thought I would do, and enjoyed them. My drug habits are getting out of control. I need a fucking drink. I lost my wallet. My probation officer is a bitch. My psychiatrist is useless. They're making me go to domestic abuse therapy. I've been chronically under the weather for years. I'm out of smokes.

Off the top of my head.

Got dumped today. I should care. I don't.

I don't even worry about being alone.

AYYYYY

I'm
I wasn't sharing enough though. Not drug habits or anything like that. And I'm not homeless. Or anything like that. But hey. Breakup buddies?

Im in a hostel in latin america and the beaners keep playing fucking shit music nonstop. Sometimes two or more radios at once. I have no idea why all latin music is so god fucking awful its like 500 million people are tone deaf and retarded. It well and truly blows my mind.

>white dude
>loyal asian gf
>slutty hispanic mistress
I'm not gonna fault you for being unfaithful, that's just men being men. What I am gona give you shit is not sticking to your own race.
WE ARE NOT YOUR BUFFETS, WHITEBOIS

I'm dissatisfied with how the campaign I'm running is going.

I manage to function well enough. I go to work and make money but not enough to move out of my parent's house.

Maybe its not so much that I want to kill myself but rather that I wish I were never born.

>game I was running cancelled due to the dickass thief's player getting arrested for having plans to shoot up/bomb a school
>don't even have time to play rpgs anyway
>unable to do anything constructive due to feeling bad about procrastinating from real commitments
>end up procrastinating anyway but by doing entirely useless shit
>losing drive to actually try to run my life sensibly, might just drop everything and go start a technology worshipping religion/cult

So I was in your shoes last year. Here is my advice: cut the two instantly. RQ is more of a campaign game and if people aren't going to be there, they aren't going to be a good fit. I ALLOWED the players that are no shows and it made a mess and I had to shut the whole fucking thing down because when I tried to play with a smaller (or different) group, the trouble players bitched. Good luck with the game.

Break up first. Do it like a man and then wait a short while before doing anything else with other women. Then do everything you want and remember you do NOT have to be exclusive to one partner at any point unless you actually stupidly tell one of your partners that you are or want to be.

Milk of Magnesia.

Or train them to be decent human beings.

I love wargaming but no one I know is even willing to try it out, even if I provide both armies. I mean I love magic too but come on guys, there are other games. They also think it's too expensive and they play Modern for christ sakes.

I'm supposed to be GMing a short game soon but I'm worried I'll be crap at it and I'm worried about using a rule system I'm not familiar with. I could just pussy out and run a game I've used before but I want to try something different.

My group exploded yesterday because I apparently don't know how to keep the ladbanter in check and that caused a chain reaction of butthurt.

Why must I always destroy that which I love?

>On one hand, once you're a proper couple with a mortgage and shit, sometimes you need to put personal interests on the background.

I disagree, that tends to be when your life is at its most stable and you can normally find a regular hobby night.

Try Frostgrave?

She's better off without you.

They're not interested in wargaing. That means any wargame at all, and trust me here I've tried plenty. why would Frostgrave interest them when they didn't want any other?

My best friend came out as/became Trans about half a year ago, and know I only see him at the local tabletop club when before we hung out all the time.

I'm seriously worried about him as where once he was okay with whatever the world threw at him he know seems incredibly weak emotionally and mentally , and as such I don't want to risk being anything but supportive. But yet I think he should get mental help for it to be comfortable in his own body, but it takes a year on a waiting list where we are.

The fact he's gone full NEET is doing him no favours either.

Not your fault if your group can't handle the bantz.

US Army is really hurting for manpower, but my Marine Corps is giving some generous signing bonuses for some jobs with good ASVAB scores.

I WANT TO PLAY SOMETHING THATS NOT 3.5 OR PATHFINDER

>Always, ALWAYS play dnd 3.5
>Get totally sick of it
>Show other modules to my group but they dont feel like learning it because "It's not 3.5"
>Show them Pathfinder so we can atleast take small steps to another module
>They like it
>Now we always play Pathfinder and they hate 3.5
>Now they dont want to learn another module because "It's not Pathfinder"
>FOR
>4
>YEARS
>NOTHING BUT PATHFINDER

THERE ARE NO LOCAL GROUPS.
SAVE ME

SAVE ME.

>fat fuck at fnm can get a gf and I cant
Granted shes also fat and greasy but thats not the point

not really tg related, but an interesting story, could be used for a setting

I was a miner in another world, the area (I guess planet) I was in was known for it's spontaneous lightning as well as it's abundant mineral resources, they were so abundant that even the plant life generated static electricity.

Anyways, i was just doing my job, using my pick to mine away, when suddenly all my hair stands on end, and then the plants do, and then i see all the plants have little bits of static charge on the tip.

Unfortunately, i was in an open field, with the only cover on the opposite end, so i decide to do the only reasonable thing, drop and start crawling from one end to the other, constantly getting a small shock from the plants.

The worst part is, the lightning never struck, and i knew it wouldn't until either i stood up, or i woke up.

if anyone wants to try to add it to their setting i can try to answer anything they ask about it

You can get a gf too if you're willing to get one that's fat, greasy, and/or smelly.

If she'd come sit on my lap while I draft I'll consider it

There's a quest board now, but we're inexplicably still stuck with quest threads and apparently the CYOA threads are NEVER going away...

so what's to stop the quest threads from just arbitrarily renaming themselves to CYOA and staying here?

My left foot was really itchy yesterday and now it's sore and bleeding where I was scratching it.

I live with the woman I love, and I'm downloading all the 40k RPG pdfs right now because some friends and I are gonna pick up a game now that summer's coming and college courses are all done.

But I still feel this constant state of dread and misery about the future. I live in America, and I'm honestly dreading this presidential election, because it's like a political cartoon has come to life. I'm afraid for the future, and I'm honestly not sure what to do. I don't want a race war or a religious war to happen, but it just seems inevitable to me now.

And all the while there's people cackling and laughing and generally wanting it to happen because they think the world burning down around them is funny.

I guess I'm just scared, Veeky Forums.

I recommend killing them all with a rusty spoon,

Maybe. All I know is if you smash my cell phone and then call the police, I will tell the police to take you and your things and my unborn child and get you out of my hair forever. I'm tired of crazy. The bitch drove me to do things I never thought I would do, and I am a man who just got out of jail. God help her next sucker.

And fuck you, you know nothing.

After uni I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself. I wish I was never born desu

It sucks even if it needs to happen. I know.

You said you did "inhumanly awful things" and enjoyed them.

I mean, this is Veeky Forums, so that's expected, but you're not exactly painting a picture of sympathy here.

Just live the best life you can and don't condemn any more children to live, toil, and die in this fucked hellscape.

I mean it sucks your game was cancelled, but you probably dodged a bullet by that dude getting arrested.

Stay strong user. Spend time outside, with friends, doing things you like, etc. Also go look at cute animals over at /an/.

Also have a cute pic to cheer you up.

I have a debilitating mental illness that makes it difficult to hold down work, have become legally disabled and now live the life of a NEET with my parents at the age of 26. The nearest transit station is like eight miles from where I live and the only friendships I can maintain are ones online because I live in a such a remote area.

There is something bothering me, but I have no idea what it is, which makes me even more uncomfortable

buried my dog today. kazangar had been a loyal friend for fifteen years. now im all alone.

Many times. By this point I wonder if Evil is just what you are, not what you do.

I really like to hurt people. Especially women. What can I say?

It's me, user. It was always me.

Don't be a dick. If you want latina poon then get latina poon, but break it off with your girlfriend first unless you are in an open relationship and have both been clear in your expectations of the relationship.

That, or talk to your girlfriend and mention that things are getting stale for you in the relationship and suggest trying to spice things up. In either case, communication is key. Use your words user.