Banks won't use XRP

>Banks won't use XRP
Do you even know what Ripple does? XRP is the fastest and most scalable thing in crypto right now. That's kinda the whole point of Ripple.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
youtube.com/watch?v=xgGcVv04unM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Xrp is my comfiest hold.

Same. I think 2018 is going to be a big year for XRP and LINK. Maybe ETH too.

>down 90% from a few months ago
>comfy hold
Do you enjoy sleeping on a bed of nails?

stellars pretty gud

Buy high, Sell low

I measure my gains in dollars, not BTC. You know, the currency that's universally accepted in the USA?

muhh bank token muhh ripple

>falling for the banking crypto maymay
literally THIS retarded to expect crypto in the temples of fiat

>duh joos duh banks hurr durr
Keep falling for literal scamcoins with no actual products or business models.

The funniest part about Ripple is that you don't actually use the coin for the banking service. Ripple the banking service is COMPLETELY different from XRP the CryptoCurrency.

I cant stress this enough: BANKS WILL /NEVER/ BUY THE ACTUAL RIPPLE YOU HOLD

>Same old FUD

It's like Google doesn't exist for you tards or something.

legit question then how does ripple works if it doesn't use xrp

You have no idea how RippleNet's payment transfer service works. They literally NEED XRP to get instantaneous speeds transaction speeds. It's the entire point of Ripple. You're an idiot if you believe this FUD. But you actually typed it out, so you not only believe it, you live by it. That's so sad. I hope you eventually become smart to DYOR instead of parroting the same thing over and over, despite getting proven wrong and BTFO in each thread.

It works, it's just more expensive. Utilization of XRP saves up to 60% on remittance costs.

The FUDsters would have you believe that this will never happen because banks don't like to save money...

Alright, so Bank A wants to send $100,000 to Bank B. Here's how that works

With XRP:
>Bank A uses RippleNet to instantly convert fiat to $100,000 worth of XRP
>XRP is instantly sent to Bank B
>Bank B uses RippleNet to instantly convert it to whatever fiat they want
>this all happens in less than five seconds

Without XRP:
>Standard speed 3-5 business days

This FUD makes no sense. XRP is literally Ripple's selling point. No one would use Ripple if it wasn't faster than the current system, and the speeds are only possible with XRP.

That is utterly retarded...
Imagine if you just left everything in BTC... How much more USD would you have now?

which wallet can u recommend to hold these?

>It works, it's just more expensive. Utilization of XRP saves up to 60% on remittance costs.
Right, but what's going on here is that RippleNet is still using XRP's tech to do this. Banks have to pay a fee to do this though, because it's more work for Ripple to reach into their own holdings to facilitate these transfer speeds.

>he actually believes banks would do this when they can literally just send the fiat directly like they did in the past
You realize fiat transfer can be done instant right?

XRP has substantially outperformed BTC this year you idiot. Do you even math?

>You realize fiat transfer can be done instant right?

Topkek. Clearly someone who has NEVER done a wire transfer in his fucking life.

Holy shit...

But Zelle transfers my money instantly.... Tell me why banks should use Wells Fargo instead of Zelle.

>bank-to-bank uses regular wire transfer
brainlets on this board, jewsus christ

This is the most retarded post I have ever seen. You have no idea how sending money works. It takes 3-5 business days. Really. Google it. Google it right fucking now. Just because you sent $30 to your grandma in India and her bank gave her $30 on the same day, that doesn't mean your money had finished processing.

Google it. Try to understand what you're talking about before you actually talk.

>b2b is b2c
>hurr i know how finance wurks

>assume people were buying before the pump in may.
You're the idiot, mate.
It's an obvious PnD scam shit coin

whats the difference for the end user

whats the difference for the banks

why should banks spend money to materialize funds faster

>fastest
nope
>most scalable
not this either

Money transfers between banks take days to settle because the infrastructure behind it was designed in the goddamn 1970's. This is the whole reason why there is a storm brewing in the financial world over instant settlements with many financial institutions seeing blockchain technology as the solution.

You are literally too stupid to be commenting here. Seriously, just shut the ever loving fuck up.

>whats the difference for the banks
Instant on-demand settlement?
>why should banks spend money to materialize funds faster
It's cheaper and faster?

Google it right fucking now or don't reply to me again, or so help me I will put a fucking curse on you and your portfolio will never see green again

By that I mean, fastest thing that institutions will actually use. What are you invested in that's faster? I'm sure it's great tech and a good investment in its own niche.

Ripple :)

It's like a blue ocean of calm in this messed up crypto market. what a shitshow.

youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

>international banking
>literally the biggest corporate cash cow in the fucking world
>it runs on 70s infrastructure
>but we can just run way better code on random internet nodes XDD

are you clinically retarded that you don't realize banks just have contracts with other banks to escrow that shit for nearly 50 years?

>PnD scam shit coin

1) $100+ Million in VC funding from Google, Santander, Seagate, etc.
2) 200+ employees, including former SWIFT execs
3) Offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg
4) Sits on Federal Reserve Task Force
5) Sits on IMF Fintech Advisory Board
6) SEC Registered
7) ~$15 Billion in unrealized assets
8) 100+ Banks testing/implementing Ripple tech
9) Confirmed real world use of XRP on 10/10/17 by Cuallix
10) Partnership with AMEX announced on 11/16/17
11) $100 million XRP denominated hedge fund announced on 11/28/17

Name me ANY coin that can match these fundamental, fuckstick. Just one. Bless us with your brilliance.

If banks instantly convert ripple to fiat, why would it have any value? No one is holding it so there is an (almost) unlimited supply?

XRP is the fourth (4th) biggest crypto. It already "mooned", and for it to go up again it would have to see a massive pump

>internashunawl bankz
>biggest money jew hurr durr
Literally nothing you said is relevant except
>it runs on 70s infrastructure
Yes. Yes it fucking does. And it's slow. SWIFT is trying to change a lot of things because they're feeling the pressure of their crumbling infrastructure. Most likely they will partner with Ripple in the long run.

>how does market sentiment work
First tell me why Bitcoin costs so much when it's not even practical to use it as a digital currency. Depending on your answer, it may still be possible to hep you.

>mooned
You haven't seen anything yet.

>Literally nothing you said is relevant
so these nationally and internationally heavily audited and regulated bodies will just send eachother money with a highly volatile publically traded shit crypto that is published and maintained by privated entities

People on this board are truly stupider than pajeet who shits in the streets

Because XRP will still have to have enough value to accommodate the required liquidity. The international remittance market currently moves about $5.3 trillion/day and it would be naive to think that any XRP received would be immediately sold as opposed to hanging onto it for the next outgoing transfer which will dilute supply.

And that of course is ignoring private investors and consumer uses like the XRP hedge fund announced by Micharl Arrington a few days ago.

>highly volatile
Are we even talking about the same coin? Look at a chart. XRP is more stable than USD.

That's not even close? BTC is obviously over valued compared to its tech but still. The whole purpose of it to act as a store of value at this point. Its the realization of a high degree of work and people do not want to sell it. Ripple is the opposite of both those ideas.

>what are market makers

You're only further displaying your complete ignorance.

>crypto is ever stable
Do you even comprehend the meaning of your own sentences?

>Muh store of value

You actually fell for this meme didn't you.

2018 will be the best year for XRP regarding normie adoption etc
Imagine the escrow shortly followed by a addition to coinbase.
Everything will go apeshit.

if you think xrp is so great, you don't need to shill it here. "more stable than USD" lol

5.3 trillion is really not that much at all. Ripple shills say it will hit 10 or 20 dollars. With 100 billion tokens that can do almost instant transactions that doesn't even make sense. You could process the entire days volume at a single point in time. Even at 1 dollar it would take a matter of minutes.

Good argument.

>just described market sentiment
>still can't wrap his head around market sentiment
Oh user. Someday you'll get it, when you've seen more summers.

I will grant you that XRP was the target of a huge PND towards its beginning. But it's too heavily traded now. PND only works in lower-volume/lower-supply environment. Now, any growth that can happen can only happen organically.

>5.3 trillion is really not that much at all
>5.3 trillion
>not much

gtfo

if somehow magically banks decided to use xrp for transaction purpose, the only think that would happen is just another PnD, and I'm pretty sure it would not be as high as the rise in May. Maybe just as big as swell anticipation. We're here to make money, not to be a fan boy.

kek :D
mental gymnastics of bag holders

>hurr durr no i just dont agree because i hold ripple but hurr durr

Great arguments!

Compared to 100 billion tokens with 5sefond transactions, no it's not

Hold on, Ripple was supposed to be about networked lending

youtube.com/watch?v=xgGcVv04unM

How the fuck did it suddenly become about interbank transfers?

Completely wrong on all counts, even the part about being here to make money. You are going to be kicking yourself for missing the most obvious signs.
>actually mentioned by name in news articles
>institutional backers, tons of actual partnerships and real-world clients, more in the works
>Ripple is pushing for a Coinbase listing
>The CEO is hinting at consumer-end use

Refute anything I said about the speed of the current payment rails. It takes 3-5 business days for money to actually process when you send it. Prove me wrong.

Ok, let me dumb this down for you real quick:

Could Bank Of America send $20 billion to Bank Of Japan right now using XRP?

Yes, originally. It does a lot more now.

>5 year old video
>"suddenly"

Seriously dude?

So if this isn't mineable, then who is securing the blockchain?

Validators. Anyone can run one, but realistically they are handled by institutions.

Microsoft, MIT, and CGI would be some current examples.

That's a bad comparison. If they were using ripple they settle a lot of small transactions instead of 100 large ones over the course of the day. Also, with the full circulating supply, yes they could, because ripple would be entering and leaving the pool at a constant flow

Obviously ripple will increase in price but barley compared to what you guys think

>That's a bad comparison

Why, because it doesn't fit your narrative?

>If they were using ripple they settle a lot of small transactions

And if this does become the case, you don't think a significant portion of XRP doesn't get tied up when hundreds or potentially thousands of banks are using it all at the same time? Not to mention the untold billions of XRP held in private hands?

>barley compared to what you guys think
What's your estimation then?

Alright, I'm done for now. I'll make more threads as things accelerate, just to say I told you so. I hope some of you are reading the signs. Good luck to all of you. I owe Veeky Forums everything for calling ETH.

The problem with biz is it's become overrun by these millennial retards who actually believe crypto is going to upend the system that controls the governments, economies, and militaries of every developed nation on the planet. Ripple is working with the system, not against it, so it's seen as the antichrist.

hello, nope it's lumens, same tech lower fees, IBM partnership and member of Hyperledger foundation.
kthxbye

Try again.

This.

>Be Fortune 500 company
>Get banks to transfer 1 Billion dollars through Ripple.
>Price of Ripple bounces 1% during the 5 second transfer
>Lose $10 million dollars

You're just retarded and don't understand the difference between Ripple and the Ripple Bank Net.

>hurr durr 3-5 current payment rails

No shit. You're trying to say current baking is.. shiity?? WOW GREAT BRILLIANT POINT OMG

This just shows you don't understand why Ripple is retarded. Listen careful newcuck:

BANK WILL NEVER BUY RIPPLE

TO USE THE RIPPLE NET

THEY

DO

NOT

NEED

RIPPLE

Ripple is a CryptoCurrency like Litecoin that for retarded speculators to buy. Meanwhile, the actual Ripple COMPANY (tm) reaps all the benefits of the Banks using the PRIVATE Ripple Net that YOU ARE EXCLUDED FROM

Go ahead and try to set up a Ripple Node.

I'll wait.

Try again

Centralized coin is centralized

I'm not even going to lay out the explanation as to why you're wrong as I've done hundreds of times on this pajeet filled board.

I'm just going to tell you: Wrong.

Sorry XLM is better :( Maybe next time?

Nope.

Ripple is not even a blockchain.

Bitshares is better in every way than this corporational abomination.

Yet...

Those are not "fundamentals", retard. Its like saying dicks must taste fucking good because they get sucked a lot around the world. It only says that Penis is wide spread and highly adopted.

>not fundamentals

In no way will these facts be fundamental to the success of XRP. You're totally right.

Why is XRP bad again?

nah youre wrong bro, the gains are over u raisin