The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread 2

THE FLAKENING CONTINUES!!!

Here is the previous thread: Writefaggings last time:
Raoki Xaniphe Frances Anna Kaina The repository is now updated. Check and make sure all of your stuff is there.

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MNgg6ehK
pastebin.com/wwgZ1sVq
pastebin.com/cckMFe6C
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcement-day-2016-05-16
pastebin.com/P509vXHj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When you put it together, let me know. I will stick it in the repo.

Are you sure? Once he's gone, he's not coming back.

I feel more pride than I should in seeing my two creations from last thread in the repository. I'm working on trying to do some art for mine.

Which two? Just curious.

Sydhar and Ylia. (Still open to feedback on both) It's hard to find art of female minotaurs so I used a tauren but I feel like it's a cop-out so I'll try to draw Ylia myself.

I want to see a story where some Ravnican flakes, or flakes visiting Ravnica, have to go dungeon crawling in the sewers to try and find this chick. Maybe to get information or something. Maybe Belloski sent them because he wants something from spider mom.

Make it happen, writefriends.

You're right, I'll work on Jorge to make him a finished flake.

Does Rakdos have normal performers who don't blow themselves or others up?

They say they do.

Why these people willingly associate with the rest of Rakdos is beyond me.

Yes, but it's a slippery slope that has to do with the fact that it's a Cult.

Why hasn't this happened yet?

Get on it friendos.

Ravnica needs more stories.

>Belloski sending Murdock to the sewers
>you just have to get something from this old lady, doesn't get many visits, kind of a loner who thinks only of her children.
>nothing dangerous.
>AT ALL
>hilarity ensues.

Yes. Yes please. Should I do it or should Murdock user?

Well you are online now. Maybe put in some more characters and write stories featuring them to get the hang of their personalities. I wonder what could Mommy have that that old dragon wants.

Well, she's a drider, and maybe she has a hoard from all of the adventurers or unfortunate people who have gotten caught in her web. You know what? I'm Mommy user, so yes. Yes she has a hoard. And the one on Ravnica is particularly big, due to the high population.

Also, what characters should I include? Ideas?

Any anons on who want in on this? I'll write a little thing for your character first, to make sure I have the personality right, and over the next week I will build up to a bigger dungeon crawl story.

If you want Ravnicans, go through the list. The OP Chart lists at least the following flakes:
>Katin
>remes
>Del
>Dipterius
>Rinteller
>Symon
>Siah'liel

Okay, the sketch of Ylia is done. Ain't much but it was fun to doodle, and at least I don't have to lean on Tauren fanart.

>story hype intensifies

pastebin.com/MNgg6ehK

Del-user here.

Here's the Dr. Roman piece I promised a few threads ago. It's short, and has no real point, but whatever.

>pastebin.com/MNgg6ehK
Dat last line
You know you should do a series of short pieces about Del and all the walkers that come and go around his shop. It would be amusing.

Is there a point to coming up with new walkers given all the interest in already established flakes?

Alright, I'll get to work on a few It's Always Sunny in Ravnica.

Any anons want a certain flake in? I'll take suggestions, but I'll prefer lesser known flakes.

Drunk Murdock makes for great laughs.
I persoanlly don't do any after the first, but some people like to just make flakes.

Everytime I see these threads I get reminded of my terrible idea for a walker and the urge to work on them builds.

Belloski-user here
I like this plan. A lot.
Oh hey the Frances short I did is still there. Nice
what are your guys' opinions on it?

Do it. Worst case you get mucked in public.

>sending Murdock to a spider infested pit with an insane planeswalker
We really have to decided what debt she has with him to obey such orders.

what if spider mom and dragon jew just want to have tea together and he's just sending Murdock in to give an invitation?

base idea is a blue Kor from Dominaria, their spark awakening some time after the Time-Spiral incident.
During the time distortions he ended up getting cursed with some form of temporal immunity; he wasn't connected to the timestream and was unable to effect or be effected by anything. A thief and spy he used his newfound temporal-weakness as a strength to you know... spy on folks.
Managed to cause a lot of trouble on the plane before a dedicated wizard he was tailing discovered how to fix his curse and give him a well deserved beating; thus awakening his spark.

After so long stuck in a timeless fleshless prison this Kor dude is off to explore the multiverse, to experience all the world has to offer. Thus ending up Blue/Red.

This sound like a stupid idea?

Flawless.

So Murdock and Frances are going? Anyone else? I'm compiling a list.

I don't know how this post makes me feel.

>Murdock, the paranoid sellsword and Frances, the mad druid
A match made in mind bending hell

I would say The Cathar, but his penchant for running straight into danger combined with Murdock running away would only end in tears.
Also since he killed two nests of spiderlings, the mission will go sideways in a spectacular fashion.

I'm thinking of adding Katin and Zix, too. With a Del cameo. Anyone else? And would Zix-user like to write his own intro piece for the story?

I'm also considering Iosha. Spider mom may have some interesting artifacts in her Horde. Maybe she makes a side-quest while Nishal and the others were off gathering parts?

Any of these anons want to give me the deny or go with their characters? Or would you like to write a piece yourselves?

It all comes down to who would work for Belloski

>Horde
meant hoard. I've been posting in the WoW thread too much.

>It all comes down to who's stupid enough to work for Belloski
FTFY

>It all comes down to who's crazy enough to work for Belloski
FTFY

>It all comes down to who thinks Belloski will actually pay them.
FTFY

Would this be good for a Mardu colored walker?
>TFW no good pictures of black people in armor.

Still working on Anna's story, getting writer's block

New flake incoming
soon enough
maybe

Here you go
If anyone wants to use Starke, feel free.

Maaaay more red than white, to the point i would have used the red version of akroma rather. Also, there is no red spell in his spells list.

50%no 50%ye

How exactly do you use that weapon?

So there isn't

Like an axe that you can hand and a half with I suppose.

I agree with the other user, go with Akroma of Fury rather than Wrath Also, Pristine Angel, Firemane Avenger, and Baneslayer Angel might be good fits for your flake as well.

You use it like an axe. And if you get locked against another blade, it provides you with an additional grip to gain the upper hand in leverage.

God I was so fcking tired last night.

pastebin.com/wwgZ1sVq

Here's the first episode of It's Always Sunny in Ravnica.

It's short, but I mostly just wanted to explain how Del's shop worked, I guess.

Here's an edit for y'all

>he only summons waifus

Otp confirmed

I hate to break it to you user, but that is a picture of a woman.

What's OPT?

*OTP

Hey look, it's Nishal-user back again! might do some writefagging today/tomorrow, but mostly I've been thinking of designing cards for all the 'walkers in the thread to work a homebrewed planechase-variant game thing.

Also, I need an opinion on whether or not I should continue to sit on a BFZ fatpack or if I should cut my losses and open it

only true pairing.

Del best walker. I want more of this. Can I write more of this?

Nishal-user, see

>Del best walker

Go right ahead, friendo.

yeah man, go crazy!
for a personality refresher, Nishal's pretty much "hey look! friends!" with a healthy dose of "fuck Phyrexia and any tyrant," and Iosha's pretty much Sassy Smart Friend(TM) and a Collector-type when it comes to cool artifacts

That was the best picture meeting my requirements I could find and figured Starke could be feminine.

bumparoo

pastebin.com/cckMFe6C Be gentle senpai, english is not even my first language and it is almost 3 am here.

could I get some feedback on this idea?

seems cool; I don't recall seeing any non-white Kor, so if you write it right it should be a neat thing

There are I think two non-white kor; one blue one black from dominaria. At least that is the justification I'm using... And I figure planeswalkers aren't limited by their planes racial colors.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcement-day-2016-05-16

FOUR COLOR LEGENDARIES CONFIRMED
Now we'll be able to see how to better manage engineering a four-colored flake

>it's better than what I wrote

y-you too

>pastebin.com/cckMFe6C
It was pretty good, the only thing I saw that bugged me on first glance was not starting a new paragraph when speakers changed, though that's a common thing these days it seems.

I will post this until I get feedback
pastebin.com/P509vXHj

I have a question, can Planeswalkers sense each other? I've seen plenty of old lore about Planeswalkers knowing when someone else had a latent spark.

The rough translation of a prophecy passed down by the people of Tarkir who aren't under the rule of a dragon lord
Diomedes, Diomedes, by his honor is sworn,
To keep evil forever at bay!
And the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumph's shout,
Diomedes, for your blessing we pray!

Hearken now, sons of snow, to an age, long ago,
And the tale, boldly told, of the one!
Who was bound to aether, and places far away!
With a power to rival the sun!

And the spells, he did wield, on that glorious field,
When great Tarkir shuddered with war!
Mighty Diomedes, like a blade, cut through enemies all,
As the traveler issued his roar!

And the Scale Lords rout when they hear triumph's shout,

And the Shamans have foretold, of black wings unfold,
That when dragon's war come unfurled!
Silumgar, Bane of Khans, ancient death unbound
With a hunger to swallow the world!

But a day, shall arise, when Ojutai's lies,
Will be silenced forever and then!
Wild Tarkir will be free from foul Atarka's maw!
Diomedes will be the savior of men!

And the Warkites rout when they hear triumph's shout,

old lore applies to oldwalkers, neowalkers can't inherently sense it, although if you were extremely knowledgeable on the nature of planes and walkers, like maybe Ugin, I'm sure you'd know what to look for.

I tend to not do it when the speech continues from a previous one, honestly.

bump

It's not as bad as other examples of it since it is in the same conversation but it did take me out a little.

it's words
a bunch of them

you could

S-senpai

arranged into sentences that people can read

snowstorm 2 confirmed dead
let's never do this again

Wow, what a pessimist. Eat a dick. We've had more writefagging this storm by far. It's finally moving as fast as the old storm. Damn.

if you want a kidnapping or someone who has a strangely specific knowledge about the past and future on request you're welcome to use Kaina but you have to talk like a faggot and pay her with something symbolically valuable

speaking of, I'm excited to see what happens with Iosha and Nishal in the spider-user's thing.

Spider mom here. Sssssooooonnnnn.

I've just been mad busy the ladt few days. I'll start writing intro pieces tonight. You know, the "start of adventure/pcs meet" stories.

oh dam, now I'm excited.

I've actually been thinking about making balanced PW cards for some of the flakes, as well as 30-card decks, so that they can be played in a planechase-variant thing where the player IS the planeswalker card.
pretty sure I mentioned it already, actually.

I'm curious, are you a particular user?

I'm Nishal-user

Cuuuuuuriooous.

So, I'm terrified of writing other people's flakes. Why do YOU think the two of them would descend into the lair of the spider mom? What is their motivation? Is anyone with them?

Also, could I have a brief rundown of their personalities and demeanors?

sure thing!
Nishal's all about "I gotta help the people! Also adventure!" so getting him to do stuff isn't hard, just have someone ask them to help save someone/multiple someone's from the murderweb.

I imagine him to be mostly jokey, but he can be serious when his friends or the lives of innocents are threatened. So I guess generally amicable until threatened?

Iosha'd go along for treasure and MAYBE to help people, but it would have to be a LOT of people to convince her to do it. She's more for the "greater" good than "common" good. I made her to be very much the opposite of Nishal's goofiness; where he just runs into things headfirst she plans ahead. She doesn't get too upset when randoms are threatened, but if someone threatens someone she calls a friend, she jumps to their defence immediately.

Where Nishal sees one big problem, Iosha breaks it down into smaller problems that can be dealt with quickly. Honestly their quirks very much break down into their colours. Nishal is good for bruiserwork, Iosha is all about thinking things through before they go south and turning the situation into her favour.

>mfw senpai noticed me

Would/could Belloski fit in with this as their effective quest giver? I have an idea for it, but I would like your input.

Actually. I'm typing up an epic involving multiple flakes. Hopefully I'll be done by Friday.

sure, I could see that happening.