Draw your gaming group (and noticeable accessories)

The game

weehaw

an old one, but sort of applies

Oh come on - reposting the fucking Shy-Chan image four years later. What the fuck was this meant to accomplish?

baiting fish with a vaginocentric example of the matter in discussion?

Can't draw on mobile, but the gist:

Old Players
>Sharp Cheddar
Called such for his love of cheese and minmaxing. He's actually quite a proficient roleplayer, but all of his character ideas are fucking insane. Insists on bringing his own cheap teabags to session, despite my vastly superior selection of loose-leaf teas. Currently playing a druid, who was formerly a doorknob but turned into a human by a mischievous wizard.

>Childhood Friend
This guy is all over the map. He tends to be pretty good at roleplaying, but he almost always plays lawful-uncooperative characters, both good and evil. Even his evil characters often wind up being some of the most classically heroic in the party. Often works on comp eng homework at the table. Currently playing a lawful evil warlock seeking to take over the world.

>Hard as Nails
She's been dragged through every failed campaign I've tried running for the last 4 years and still comes back for more. Exclusively plays different flavours of "bad bitch" regardless of setting: hard-nosed xenobotanist, Mexican necromancer princess-in-exile, tough as nails Dornish rogue. Has a nasty habit of getting distracted by her phone and dating me . Currently playing a Drow carnie turned monk with a penchant for throwing rocks.

New Players
>The "Hero"
A high school friend of mine and the Old Players. His characters all tend to look like the classic heroic leader archetype, but through poor in and out of character decisions, and the group's natural habitat of factionalization, largely goes ignored. Is the first to try to mediate and always has a joke on hand. Currently playing a Dwarf paladin, has nearly died at least four times in the last two sessions.

>Me

Usually DM, mostly because at school nobody else knew the rules. Have a bad habit of losing impetus in campaigns and letting them die off.

>NOBODY ELSE
I live away from uni, so I know of nobody else who really wants to give anything a go - and I'd only end up as a DM again. No oWoD for me

why live

>baiting fish with a vaginocentric example of the matter in discussion?
Correct.

>Roommate
Despite being new to TTRPGs, this guy is very proficient with the genre (probably owing to his extensive experience with RPG vidya). He is pretty quiet when it comes to interacting with NPCs, and the more bombastic members of the party end up drowning him out more often than not. Currently playing a druid who spends pretty much every turn casting guidance on team mates. I don't think he's ever used his sword.

>Roommate's Girlfriend
She's the least familiar with roleplaying games out of the group, but is pretty well versed in fantasy. Despite this, she ended up building an incredibly optimized dex fighter. Like Roommate, she's very quiet when it comes to interaction, but a recent fiasco has led her to being much more vocal on her character's interests. Has outlandishly bad luck with the dice, which she fluffs as her character being very patient. Currently playing a high elf dex fighter that tanks better than the paladin.

>Forever GM
Used to spend hours on homebrew settings and adventures, but has given up on it due to four years of running a group of That Guys in high school. Obsessed with mood music and ambience, but does little else to orepare for sessions. Usually is drunk by the half hour mark. This is me.

Last session nearly ended in a TPK because three different doors got opened at the same time by different members of the team. Two blocs have formed: Team Trouble made up of Sharp Cheddar and Childhood Friend, responsible for most of the party's grief. The Hero was formerly a member, but split off last session when he realized that making enemies with half the party was a really shitty way of gaining leadership. Opposite Team Trouble is Girl Power, made up from Hard as Nails and Roommate's Girlfriend, based on their mutual skill at cleaning up Team Trouble's mess and playing girl jams whenever they're "winning." Roommate is sort of a member, mostly due to him being friends with his girlfriend IC, and not being a total dickass.

>GM
He's /pol/ out of game, but he's pretty okay once you get to know him. Currently running Only War.

>Big guy
He's pretty big. 6'4 at least. Funny, argumentative, but not too much. He constantly is talking shit and trading jokes with me. Plays the equivalent of a fighter (read: pretty basic damage dealer) in every game.

>Gentle Giant
Matches Big Guy. Super nice, and a little naive. Sometimes myself and Big Guy make him the butt of jokes, but he obliges. Probably a better person than me. Plays the equivilant of a bard (read: useless) in every game but means well.

>Myself
Drunk at the table, plays rpgs as a means of using silly voices and acting in character. Plays stupid characters exclusively.

Yesterday they all brought their guns unannounced and spent like an hour showing them off.

that's not how you draw, you lazy cunts

I'm on mobile homeboy

Maybe later

cellphones are ruining our community

It's a fun group, most of the people in it are new but everyone says they're having fun and DMing is mostly easier than I expected it would be.
I'm a little embarrassed by how much time I spent on this, though

They're mostly just an annoyance, I have trouble with cellphones sometimes but they usually put them away when I ask nicely

>me
DM usually. I love rule of cool, and making characters the pc's will find interesting and memorable. As a player however, I make characters that embody one characteristic too much. (last character was a walking iron fortress of a person who horded metal so she could fix her arms and make minions. Talked minimally to her comrades except in times of stress/talked mostly to her creation and 'goddess' she followed.

>A
Dude is a genius with strategy, character concepts, in character ideas and struggles, but with lack of free time it gets hard to plan anything.
>B
Rules lawyer somewhat, but does when the situation would benefit the group. Characters are cool and thought out on paper, not in practice. Seems to devour every sourcebook for the game like candy. >C
A furry who won't fucking stop being an asshole. Gets disinterested in the game if no combat happens or his turn doesn't go as planned. I think he wants to fuck a shota.

>The old crew
>Me
Guy who tries to write up stories and characters, they're either convoluted, boring, or don't mesh well with what the players/DM wants to do. Take turns with the next guy DMing. Always play simple characters and try to expand on them during the game.

>Nerdguy
A larger, shy guy that also loves to be creative, but ultimately we don't really enjoy the same type of stories and have different ideas on things. Pretty talkative when you get him going, he DMs simple games with only a few background details in the plot because they seem to work the best. Usually plays a druid, a mystical creature like a vampire or werewolf, anything that's not mundane.

>Mr. Random
Not having fun unless he's wrecking the DM/other players' plans or game. Pretty much /b/ after he came out of his shell in high school. Does not know when to stop. Usually minmaxes and plays anything with great direct combat capability (High powered direct attacking mages, barbarians, etc).

>New Guys
>The Hero
I don't think he's ever grasped the concept of playing anything other than a good aligned character, to which he does well. He's always working with some deity and gets bored if he's not. Has trouble showing up on schedule, but is otherwise a great guy.

>The Warlord
A commander in combat, and surprisingly good at it too. Usually good intentioned in game unless you get in his way. A bit light on the RP, he winds up missing games due to a girlfriend.

>HFY Guy
A fellow who absolutely loves humanity and plays a human or mundane every chance he gets. He RPs very well, so long as it's limited to something on that archtype. Unlike the two above, he'll show up when something's written down and is very orderly, but he doesn't often commit to games.

Old crowd fell apart because we all want a different kind of game. New crowd keeps falling apart because they all got married. I haven't had the heart to go out and find a new group since it's hard finding one in my area.

>GM
Physics nerd and acts like it. Small, temperamental and usually in the right. Compared to a fantasy dwarf. A good and fair GM who knows how to play along with the players without railroading, but can occasionally become a bit too dry and matter-of-fact. Pathfinder player, so that explains a fair bit of that.
>/r9k/
Fedora (who wears a leather bush hat), brony, furry, MRA and really a nice guy. A bit shouty and shameless, but plays great characters, especially female ones (surprise - he doesn't hate women, just modern feminists). He's usually fine with tagging along for the party, though, and his initiative can be a bit lacking at times. His magical realm actually helps him write interesting and vivid characters because it gets him engaged in character design and personality, but once in a while it spills over and I need to whack him out of it.
>/s4s/
Big, swarthy and dumb, but proud of it. Plays funny and entertaining characters, but basically That Guy in every other aspect. Can't remember the rules, fucks around on Facebook, does lolrandumb things in-game, can't be allowed to play as or with women, apartment is beyond Lovecraftian, and also he's basically the worst person on Earth. Down-low scum and proud of it in a nice way - all in all, he is a nice guy, and he never loses his temper in any way.
>Serbia
Intense, argumentative and angry. When he isn't wrestling the GM between sessions, he plays solid but chronically obstinate characters. A good roleplayer, but possessed of a big mouth and a big head.
>Grognard
Me, go figure. Cranky, sour, bitchy and complaining to the point of being called one-track, but at least I roleplay. Obsessed with deconstructions and characters with a lot of power but not enough responsibility to use it for anything else but taking revenge on their high-school bullies. Absurdly enthusiastic consumer of energy drinks.

Thanks for posting my group man

Party pic, not group pic. I can elaborate on the characters though if request.

How'd you find a pic of my group?

Does posting with this name still get you auto banned?

Asking for a friend

I don't know if I should either laugh or cry.

>/pol/
>40k
>Only War
Every
Damn
Time

Best depiction of my group so far.

guess who I am

You praise yellow and blue far too much so unless your trying to fool us then your not one of them.

You could be any of the others but the "always" qualifier make me think not the stoner.

The jokes thing on Baby Face make me think that's your own insecurities talking but I get the same vibe from "would-be bro". The lost in translation line plus the fact he's the only person not depicted with a smile pushes me over to thinking your Baby Face.

I'm ready to be told all my logic is bullshit now.

The DM screen.

"Ideas often lost in translation" pushes it over for me too, because that's one of those things everyone thinks about themselves and usually doesn't notice much in others.

Excuse the shitty art but here they are.

my most recent group

This seems very familiar...

I've posted it before.

>I'm the only one doing any extensive role playing but I'm really annoying about it
I think I have both been and played with that guy,

I don't know where this perfect artist is
but I'm here for you

Definitely yellow guy

Do you play with ghosts, user?

1 billion hours in GIMP

I am not an artist...

...but which one of these am I?

I actually like that art style, not gonna lie.

The table.

I've been discovered!

You fucking tease.

Chronicler. Or the other GM

I think your group sounds fun user.

>he don't play tabletop games with ghosts

aren't r20 / skype voices ghosts? I mean, you can't prove you're playing with real people, they might be all in your head or AI for all we know. Maybe r20 is just an ouija board 2.0

>they might be all in your head or AI for all we know
Yeah, yeah, but if you go full solipsism we around the table could all be brains in jars for all we know

>Or you're just a brain in the jar and the rest of us are simulations created in order to simulate a confusing and often time shitty, but occasionally awesome, life as it slowly decays away.

Neither!

This one's old now - group's broken up.

Me on the left.

I remember that image from one of the previous threads. Great shame, what happened?

>regret every choice.

I know that one all too well

>infamous for locking prisoners in escape pods
That dick stole my signature move!

>Tries to hug things a lot in game

Women.

At a first look I thought the Rules Lawyer was a plate

She did some pretty great things though, like befriending a sand-shark-unicorn thing we beat and turning it into a pet, or getting a natural 20 on a roll to shame a boss so hard that it basically gave up.

Do you Catan?

One of my 4 groups

A lot of the players left or are leaving. The GM's hoping to run a new game next year, and he's letting me bring my old character, but literally more than half of the playergroup probably won't be there, and I'm the only one I can account for.

bump

>Me
The DM. Has a talent for improvising and a love of bad jokes and meta, though I'm able to keep the last two in check most of the time. Been going through a rough patch, but I have a good idea what happens next, now.

Can't draw, which is why I'm typing this.

> A
The friend who got me into tabletop in the first place, and our previous DM. Occasional Veeky Forums visitor. Politically *in*correct sense of humor, but gets away with it because we're all perverts. Currently playing snarky gambler sorceress chick.

> R
The heart of our party. When not present, our sessions are a lot less interesting. Also most compassionate of the group, and is the type to help the villain correct his/her/its life choices after giving 'em the beat-down. Currently playing buff bi sailor dude.

> J
Adds spice to the whole group. Famous for lots of roleplaying and making neat and interesting character concepts. Good sense of humor! Currently playing cult leader paladin sort of type.

> G
A classic 'roll player' as opposed to a role player, so I cut him breaks on the stunting rules. Not as talkative due to having no mic and having to type instead, but he's along for the ride too. Currently playing: poorly defined thief.

Newbie?

...I see. Having a sentient plate for a player might be cool, but they'd just end up with pizza all over them.

Nope!

Are you a grill?

I am no grill.

Then I bet you enjoy powergaming.

Wrong again! But more and more options are being whittled away. Wonder if the guesses will be all wrong until the final one...

Goof then, probably.

Still nope. You've narrowed it down pretty good so far.

But you said you're not a girl, so all the others have been knocked out.

Are you the table?

he's definitely the table
I'm a girl, and I NEVER play the table

So I guess that option is off the table?

I think it's wisest to table it for now

You seem like a colossal faggot that's jealous because some girl is moving in on your gay crush.

Then it seems the guessing game has plateaued.

>being a shy faggot
>being jealous that some sl00t is making a move on your crush
wew lade

It was unstable anyways.

you are the baby face or the stoner

Hmm, lets see...
>GM Yellow
>Probably gay

Found you

KEKED BY THE BIG WHITE SLOT

I'm the current DM; nobody guessed that.

>flirts with my friend too much

He is a war hero you salty faggot

Who is Sophie, right?

Too lazy to draw.

>Forever DM
Has a lot of cool ideas but the execution could use some work. Gets visibly annoyed when players don't listen to his descriptions and then ask him moments later "what do I see?" Really good at doing voices and roleplaying, you can tell he wants so badly to be a player and not put up with our bullshit. Despite this he doesn't use DMPCs, so I respect that.

>Warlock girl
No matter what campaign it is she always plays the same character, herself. Can never roleplay well, constantly acting out of meta-knowledge instead of character knowledge. Used to be the one who would always roll without being prompted by the DM, hold her arms up and exclaim "NATURAL 20!!!" until the DM had a talk with her after session. DM's least favorite player I think.

>Fighter bro
A powergamer and theorycrafter, yet despite this made some really dumb choices that he regrets and wants to roll a new character. Constantly jokes about suiciding his character so he can roll a new one. We all know he isn't joking.

>LG Pally
The only decent RPer outside of the DM. Causes most of the party squabbles though, and never lets the players take things from dungeons because "that would be stealing." The exception to this is if its an item on a baddy the party just killed. But loose items are a no-no.

>Half-orc who thinks he's an orc, chaotic stupid
Can never get his backstory straight. Constantly goes from sounding like his nice-guy irl self to murderhobo. An all around terrible roleplayer, gets visibly upset when something he wants to do doesn't work. Gets the most confused about the layout of dungeons, also hard for him not to act on meta-knowledge. He's not doing so on purpose I think, he just can't RP well.

Sounds like a happy, dysfunctional group. I'm a particularly sexy dragon away from turning into 1.

We are playing Fantasy craft with the kingdom making rules from Pathfinder atm.
Cant draw right now but, here is the group i GM i for;

>Old friend
Cool guy, likes both combat and role playing. Played together since high school. Tends to play whatever reptilian race is available. Has played a large variety of characters, but never any sort of magic user, expect from a monk.

>Cool guy
This is the first new dude at my table. Really swell dude, loves to role play. Gets really into character, both in and out of combat. Likes to be an hero. Is currently king of a newly created kingdom.

>Not so cool guy, but still pretty alright
Plays the groups magic user. Has trouble thinking about how fun his actions are for the other players. Rules laywers hard, had to tell him to quit it. Otherwise, pretty friendly and play a great character.

I uploaded the wrong one too but yeah we're all really close and stupid for each other

The rum is because we've driven the DM to drink

Close and stupid sounds oddly sweet. I'll try to hope for that in my groups.

Who buys the pizza? Is the cat an annoyance or a welcome friend?

Come to us user, you will be welcome. Join the cult/family.
It helps that we were friends before and we do shit besides gaming, it makes it easier to do stuff in games cause you know the people better

Usually 2 or me! Depends who got paid most recently or if we've racked up enough pizza points.
Dominos has fueled so many games.
Well to our GM CATS ARE THE PRIORITY so usually they're welcome
it's when four of them try and love on me and give me an allergic reaction it's suffering for the rest of the night!

Well, all my real friends that were interested in gaming moved, so maybe I'll find that kind of group in a few years. Still, cool that you have physical games regularly, complete with battle map and pizza.

>four cats are regularly trying to love you
Pic related.

Bunch of media students who met in a TV production class. 2 current campaigns, each with their own DM. I can't draw.

>DM 1/Friendship Founder
Childish, inexperienced as DM and it shows. Characters are cartoons, be they serious or otherwise. Happy-go-lucky, down for whatever. She tries.

>DM 2/Theater Kid
Better DM than FF, cares about worldbuilding, booksmart but his info is unreliable. Characters are sort of mary sue-y, gets upset when people don't like them. Nice dude, always looking to help. Overacts.

>JROTC
Okay player, never roleplays. Characters have been lifted from tv shows or unabashed mary sues. Nice guy overall, but doesn't know a whole lot about the game. Looks like he's 14.

>Quiet One
The GF. Not a great player, characters have solid story foundations, but doesn't understand the game, leading to gimped characters and hurt feelings. Really wants to have fun playing, but feels like a burden. Currently fixing her characters.

>Ginger Smiles
Friend of GF. Excited to play, super new. Doesn't understand much but wants to learn. Fun to be around, little to no roleplay. Definition of meek. Constantly forgets to use her magic items.

>Loudmouth McDumbass
Me. Characters are always bombastic showmen. Either shouty and overbearing or silent and miserable, depending on blood sugar. Gets a little too invested in combat, gets hit a lot. Almost always party face.

A: forever Gm me, running a game for a bunch of dnd addicts who rely heavily on my story for much needed escapism from their shitty lives.

B:Copy pasts characters from comics and books he likes. Purposefully creates Conflict because he likes drama. super Meta.

C: the unluckiest mother fucker of all time, i have seen him roll more 1's than anyone else at the table combined. he is also a complete fucking moron.

D: gun fag token minority. spends more time managing spreadsheets and document than actually playing with the party.

E: Gf and objectively the best player, doesn't do much, but not doing much is infinitely better than the dumb shit the rest of the party does.

Do they have legs?