Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Are we done with Othellan? Edition

So... now that we've killed the raptor cult I guess it's time to check the civillian centers for any leftovers of chaos infestation and then leave the Ordo Malleus do "their thing" with the place... right?

------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46Cfrl7hMoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x6SllcxLqNw
youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shrugs
Can we not just get out of here?
>youtube.com/watch?v=46Cfrl7hMoQ

Not unless the Inquisitors say we can...

Would you let Miss Wellesley that my invitation to her and her retinue still stands? It will be a grand feast, to celebrate the victory of the Emperor here today.

Huh. I believe miss Wellesley embarked on a transport towards your cruiser not long ago, sir, but I will nonetheless check the area just in case.

great, so we'll be here for days then won't we.
>sighs audibly

>Standing around and doing maintenance on her equipment.
Are there even any civilian centers left?

Hopefully not, the less civvies alive, the faster this place's population gets replaced the faster we go home.

>emerges from a pile of bottles and yawns
morning all, we killing off civvies?

Maybe. Probably.

>sighs
tis a shame to snuff out life so quickly.
>clapping his hands together he grins
ah well, what's for breakfast?

>Oddball looks down at the group from his perch on what appears to be a Field Grey Hammerhead tank.

I dunno, doesn't really matter. Long as we aren't here with the Spooks make Planetfall, you get me?

I roasted some meat from those chaos raptors with the flamer if your Xeno species is into that...

>Shakes her head and walks a healthy distance a way from him.
You would be okay with killing of your own civilians.

Well, I do- Larrs....?
>Stands there awkwardly and stares at him.

Maybe you´re right. We already spent to much time here. And I don´t want to meet another member of that bunch...

I'm sickened but curious.
hello,
>smiles up at her
>chaos raptor?
>offers her the meat.

>Alice would already be on the Thunderhawk header for the ship, presumably with LIX and Behrend and his squad accompanying her.
You guys actually think we'll be able to rest?

I do whathever my superiors tell me to do.

Being happy, alright or liking it does not matter, if they give you orders you follow them.

As soon as anyone of you starts killign civilians I am going to execute you on the spot. No questioning, no maybe, just executions. This is an order. Don't kill any civilian or you will be regarded as traitors.
Now, don't bother me for anything.

Well the chaos invasion was rejected and the witch 2.0's problem solved itself.

Unless the governor of Othellan is actually a Xeno and attacks us I don't see what could go wrong today.

So......how mad do you think those Inquisitor guys will be that I've got a non-Imperial Tank? Do you think we should get....like.....a head start or something?

Uh... roger that chief.

But... aren't they going to get replaced by the ordo malleus anyways? I mean this is a chaos invasion what we're talking about that happenned here.

You have had your orders. "Liking it doesn't matter", right? Follow them.

Yes, sir. Any order of bussiness for today then?

>Hesitantly takes the meat and looks at it, before taking a bit out of it.
That´s from Eisen? Tastes a bit weird. Anyway... It´s good... to see you again Larrs.
>Sam is definetely not saying that she missed him.

>Sam just nods and sighs, knowing that you´re kind of right.

>Points at her tau armor.
Sergeant Oddball? Where did I got my armor and weapons from? The inquisitors of our regiment will be fine with it. Others, I think not so much.

>follows them, writing some calculations

There is always -something- that can and will go long. No offense to the Admiral, but I just want to get the dinner over with so I can get back on the Malleus and head home.

what's it taste like, I'm a bit skeptical about eating chaos meat to be hoenst...
>Larrs is staring at her.
you look... well.

If the Tank is Xenos in origin Verasii would probably approve.

Else there's danger of being tainted on the ways of chaos so you better start running.

Home? You mean back to Praetoria?

This is Adept Novus right?

True enough, but still, I want to be nowhere near here. You want a ride?
>gestures to the open rear hatch.

True enough, but what about the -other- ones? Y'know, the new ones?

New ones?

You too.
Stares back, blushing.
What am I saying? I meant the meat! Yeah, the meat... It tastes well. You´d have no problem eating it!

>Looks to Oddball, then back to Larrs.
I´m going to enter the tank later, I think...

Yes, it is.

what is wrong with me today... That was supposed to be spoilered

okay then... great
>blushes lightly before biting into the the flesh.
did your ass always look that good or have you been working out?
>he spits a bit of food out as he says this.

>Doesn't feel quite right about having Callidon following them right now, not after the last conversation, but she says nothing to the matter.

>Stands of the bridge of the Malleus Benedictus overlooking Othellan, while in a Vox conference with the Captains of the various ships that he returned with.
Field reports say that the main body of the Chaos attack was focused on and repelled in the Capital City.
We'll destroy what's left of the Capital and dispatch troops to investigate the rest of the planet for further taint. Activate your Lance Batteries, we'll begin in twenty minutes.

>raises hand
Question!

>A resounding slap is heard across the camp.
LARRS! You haven´t changed a little bit, have you!
I certainly don´t remember being ugly, so...
>Sam mutters the last sentence, so that almost nobody can hear it.

>Smirks lightly inside the gasmask at seeing the Xeno Collaborator attack another Xeno.
Finally something that feels right in this regiment...

>Inquisitor Crawn is aboard a ship in orbit, and thus, cannot hear Lt. Rex.

not one bit, neither have you a see.
>grins.
>leans in closer to whisper.
still as striking as always if you ask me.

Adept Novus......Callidon, right? Anyway, assuming it takes at least a month to make it back to Praetoria, and we're there for roughly a week, after we take into account the travel time to Segmentum Obscurus, do you think our target will still be where we believe he is?

>Alice looks over at LIX.
Cheer up, we get to be people for a while, need to enjoy it while it lasts...

>Is stuttering and distracted to much by to answer.
I... you... We... GAH! This... This... Let´s just finish dinner!

I believe so. Even if he does move, he is being followed by my master's agents.

My lord, the void surrounding Othellan has been cleared of any heretical presence.

breakfast... we're having breakfast, thou if you're inviting me to dinner I wouldn't say no.
>he's clearly enjoying this far too much

Yeah... you're... you're right there. So we apparently go for a little holiday back to Praetoria after our... uhm bussiness in Segmentum Obscurus?

"Excellent Vice-Admiral, we shall have to get you a Commendation for this, or at least a bottle of expensive Amasec, the latter I can do immediately."

HEY! No fighting in the mess or i'll take your balls! Being female is not an exception.

Excellent, I'll have that bugger's head if the Fists don't want it themselves......or perhaps LIX might want it, again, if the Fists don't claim it.....

Ah but on to other business, what size of a force is required for the Tranch operation?

Depends what my Inquisitor wants for us, but I suspect that if we do a good job with the Calixis business I might get into his good books again.

>Starts to think about it. Blushing even harder now.
Inviting you to dinner? Maybe... Wait, are you messing with me?

>Is taking another bite out of the chaos raptor meat.
We aren´t fighting... Have we ever?

woz deez balls you ummies are so fond of?

Then... I will not fail you, Alice. If so much is at risk I will leave my feelings about the matter with this Rogue Inquisitor out of the equation... The fists will have him alive.

fighting? us? surely not.
if not then I'm inviting you to dinner.

fuck that's meant to be Larrs

Relax, liutenant, sadly the last thing these two will do is fight.

If anything they might spank each other but not with the intention to fight.

Where the hell is the bloody recaff machine stationed on?

Yeah. Then... Let´s have that dinner later...

>Sam glares in your direction.
My dear Corporal, are you having heretic thoughts about me me and Larrs right now? I´m not sure, if the Imperium would approve of that.

later it is, it's a date.
>grins
my my my, such heresey

>Stands still for a few seconds thinking what you've just said.

Are you fooling with me?

Enough to overcome a fortified and largely booby-trapped bunker-complex. I'd say some 200 men supporting your more experienced troops from the regiment.

>Nods in aknowledgement.

No sir. I simply found it odd, that a loyal soldier of the imperium would have such thoughts about a human, even if said human grew up on a sept world and an eldar. Put perhaps this regiment has already begun to influence you?

It is time. Begin Bombardment, may they find peace in the Emperor's Embrace.
>The Captains do as instructed, and Lance fire begins to rain down on the opposite side of the Capital from the Regiment.

You've been keeping track of this inquisitor for a while now, is it likely for him to resist? Does he have many followers?

>shakes his head
such awful things to think.

You... What... No! I...!
Grah! WHERE'S THE RECAFF MACHINE?
>Storms out looking for it, clearly annoyed at the suggestion, maybe because it might be true.

I appreciate it. He will pay for his crimes. And the dishonour he inflicted.

A fortified Bunker-Complex? Hrmh, depending on how convincing I can be, I may be able to get you over a thousand men. Heavy Infantry, Royal Engineers and Artillerymen.
But.....hrmh, is there anything.......'noteworthy' about the Inquisitor we're targeting?
>The Thunderhawk finally arrives on the Vice-Admiral's vessel and lands in one of the Shuttlebays close to the bridge.

He will most certainly resist capture. We expect him to have surrounded himself with his most loyal acolytes, and a few of his... Creations. Whatever he can keep hidden within his hiding place, which is an "abandoned" manse.

Something precious that every guardsman possess, even you.

Good! Keep my mess clean or else.

Like a shoota? is it a shoota?

"Creations?"

Well, this regiment is influencing it´s members... But you´re right. Stuff like that, should not come up until they later.

>Looks after the storming out corporal and smirks for once.

Later eyy?
>smirks as well

>Realized what she said and blushes again.
Sorry. Ineedtogo. Seeyoulater.
>Runs out of the tent, clearly embarrased.

>the vice-admiral waits in the shuttle bay, along with his command staff
>included among them are the ship's commissar, master gunner and tech priest
>the navigator hass also deigned to join the group
Welcome aboard the Indomitable Truth, inquisitor! I would offer you a tour, but I am told that you are in a bit of a hurry.
>on the captain's shoulder sits a haggard looking green bird, and the look in its eye is very similar to the one in a sororitas' as she purges a heretic from the galaxy
>it squawks

>you bump in Miranda skulking into the camp, dragging another large sack
>the last time, it didn't exactly go well...
h-hey! Ouch...

>waves over to the two of them as he sits strumming.
>youtube.com/watch?v=x6SllcxLqNw

He is a member of the excommunicated Phaenonites. We believed we had destroyed said faction.
Archeotech of proscribed nature. Forbidden science of manipulating Warp and its energies. Applications of daemonology on technology. Worst of all, desecration of the sacred human form with said works. Their creations are insane fusions of materium and immaterium and heresy in the eyes of Mechanicum, Ecclesiarchy and Inquisition, blasphemy under the light of Emperor himself.

>waves timidly, clutching the sack with a very guilty look on her face
Hi m-moth...

>"To think one of those could have been me..."
>Stands behind Alice and let's her introduce herself

what's in the bag?

>Slows down and turns around.
I´m sorry, wasn´t on purpose. Oh. Hi, Miranda?
>Sam looks around, a bit confused.

Morning, Mot. Performing another music piece?

Oh, ehm. Hi...
Nothing! NOTHING- Nothing at all, I swear!

>nods
I've found several pieces on holotapes in an empty wharehouse up on that hil
>youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

Yes bob its like a shoota. You never go without it. Though its the thing that makes you fire the shoota while screaming at the top of your lungs.

Do need any help? If not I can continue to go elsewhere...

That´s sounds truly ancient. Good catch.

>grins
sounds like fun, I want balls, I want six of 'em!
>marches off towards Larrs to welcome him back.

>Alice bows respectfully at each member of the command staff in turn.
Indeed, I wish we had more time myself, but it must be said that even the Inquisition must be careful about keeping the Inquisition waiting.
>eyes the bird curiously.

Ah, but where are my manners Admiral?
My colleagues, Adept Callidon Novus, Sergeants Samantha Kent and Joseph Walker, and Troopers......
>Alice goes through introductions with the rest of the retinue.

H-he's what? That's.....um.....that's not good at all. That is actually very bad.

A-as long as it is nowhere near Mot.
>glares at Sam

>She bows in respect at the moment she is mentioned, still posing as a Stormtrooper, and remains silent.

Geez. You don´t have to worry about that. I´m not interested in him. At all. Have fun.
>Sam walks off, humming to herself.

>Comes back to the mess hall, with a cup full of Recaff.
>He's still wearing his gasmask and his oxygen filters.
>HowTheFuckDoesHeDrinkThat.jpeg.

Please, allow my tailor to fashion you a dress uniform. The servitor will show you the way.
>the bird squawks again, and his command staff all flinch
>you then notice that the metal plate in his head where his left ear would be is pitted and scraped

>Alice again looks at the bird suspiciously.
I don't suppose you have some temporary quarters we could be assigned while we wait Mi'Lord? I believe I speak for all of when I say that we are filthy from the fieldwork. A shower would be appreciated.

Of course. Feel free to stay as long as you like. My crew and I are on leave back to Praetoria tomorrow, as chance has it.

well I guess I am out for the day then. Have fun.

toodles
>Mot moves to the mess tent and grabs a drink of tea.

So, musician, ran out of songs already?

>looks up from his tea,
can't a guy get a drink?
>fiddles with the guitar before playing something to show the corporal otherwise.
>youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Good! A lot of his songs tend to be irritating if you're not part of the gender group that menstruates.