Get your last minute pledges in boys

Get your last minute pledges in boys

Other urls found in this thread:

steamforged.com/late-pledge
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I WANT IT SO BAD.

I JUST WANT TO FUCKING PAINT THEM.

You can bet your sweet ass that a lot of these sets are going to be broken up on eBay. Wait until pledges start being fulfilled and shipped, and then start eBay hunting for what you want.

I got it for the base game, the darkroot expansion and tiles, the four kings boss, and the gaping dragon. Will probably buy Manos and Iron King before they get shipped.

lol no, I enjoyed the first game for its atmosphere and combat. No way that survives the transition to dice rolling

From the look of it so far it has. Which is the strangest part.

Dark Souls combat is in part defined by how slow it goes, allowing the player to see enemy attacks coming a mile away and carefully pick his next move during natural lulls in a fight. So I think that works to the benefit of its translation to tabletop.

How would you translate it without just making it flat numbers?

Late pledge :
steamforged.com/late-pledge

Don't know shit about Dark Souls but I went in for the core and the Darkroot expansion. I like the aesthetic and I've been needing a giant wolf mini.

I missed it.
>99 Hollowing
pure despair.

I saw the shipping said April 2017, what's up with that?

The kickstarter just ended. That means that the game hasn't even been fully made yet. I'm sure it will take a long time for it to be finalized and put into production

Aaand the rest of us like the characters and enjoy translating them to D&D.

Late pledges can be bought at the Steam forged games site, still get all stretch goals.

Bought the darkroot expansion and plan to buy the last giant down the road, so pumped for all these minis.

I wouldn't. Different mediums have different strengths and I feel that a board game will never capture the melancholic feel, sense of exploration, or hilariously frustrating invaders of the vidya.

Really? How long will that last

What's that one game where you play as different village members of a city and try not to get roflstomped in a similar setting?

I think the setting can survive with proper description

I don't know how kickstarter works. Do only people who pledged get the game or minis or will it eventually go into mass production so anyone can buy a box?

It's the latter.
Via kickstarter, companies or individuals can gather fundings in order to start their projects. People who fund them usualy get this project in advance, get it cheaper or get some exclusives that will not be available when the game gets out.
In this case (Dark Souls), we will get alot of minis for free, since it was so successful.

Very nice, so by pledging the 80 GBP you get all those expansion boxes included? And all other stretch goals that have yet to be fulfilled? Or are there no more goals?

I'm not really fussed about the game but there are a few minis I'd really like to have. Problem is Ornstein is the only MUST Have and he's part of the core box, so unlikely you'll find him for a decent price or much at all. Unless the company releases singles, which they should cause holy fuck the revenue!

You get the core box and the streach goals, yes. Right now, the kickstarter has ended and there will not be any more streach goals, but even so far, you get a shitload of minis for a good price.

Yeah I'm considering it. I just don't really trust kickstarter nor do I have the money to spare right now, a big chunk of 100 euros isn't feasible for me at the moment.

The figures are made of PVC, are those paintable? I wouldn't mind picking up a box or two eventually.

Never painted PVC before, but I've seen people discussing the same issue on the kickstarer, and some have said, that it is possible to paint PVC models. Apparently, you just wash em with soapy water and prime them. Altho I might be wrong, since I do not have any personal experience with this.

I see, that's going to be a good selling point. Thank you!

I thought the minis were gonna be pretty low quality, but from seeing the gameplay videos theyre nice. Especially the bosses.

I'm just sick of Kickstarters.

I want manufacturers to just make a fucking game. I don't want to fork over money to get minis 6 months down the road. Or come late to the party and not have access to some super-deluxe unlock goal.

At least this Kickstarter didn't have any KS exclusives.

You do realize that without Kickstarter, many of these projects would never happen at all, right?

And for the ones that would happen, perhaps including this one since the company has ground, they definitely would have had to release much less if they were on their own budget.

People are only buying this for the minis. No one really thinks that the game looks all that good. Is a good value for minis, but Jesus Fuck they could not have missed dark souls any worse with this dice system.

My main complaint is that your health and stamina are the same resource.

I hope the expansion boxes won't be very expensive and they make a lot of the characters available as single packs.

Only an absolute fool would be oblivious to the fact that tons of people want the minis even if they won't play the game. It's not like you're spending much extra to create them, literally just packaging.

Only an absolute fool would be oblivious to the fact that profits would be better if they kept the minis in the expansions and made people buy game content they would never use for them.

There's an upfront in setting up additional product and they'd probably only be able to shave $5 off the pricing. People who want the minis will buy the minis.

>implying I'll pay for an overpriced board game when I could just wait 1 hour to 1 week for everything to be uploaded to Tabletop Simulator

Not overpriced at all considering the amount of minis and terrain bits. 2/10 made me reply

You're right. If they made the minis separately, few would buy the game itself..

No one wants the board game. I'm ready to just give away everything but the miniatures to anyone who wants to take them off my hands the way the demo looks to play.

Hey, one of the designers went on about their love for creating efficient packaging. The game's box will probably have decent mini-storing capabilities. There's a reason to keep it around.

>guy with balls on his chin
no thanks

Ongoing... this kickstarter was never about funding the project... it was preorders, that's all.

That just isn't true. Most board game kickstarters these days are from established game companies, and kickstarter charges much higher overhead than a business loan. They only use kickstarter for the hype and marketing. The dream of the independant board game designer using kickstarter to fulfill his dream is long dead.

The obsession with kickstarter is creating the same problem that Gamestop created for vidya when they started paying studios for preorder exclusives: locking future customers out of content. It's stupid.

If you want to play Dark Souls on a computer, you could just play Dark Souls.