Space Marines VS Doom Marines

Which is better?

You can judge based on any definition of "better" you want to discuss.

I'll start: Doom Marines are better than Space Marines for the simple fact that even though they are both over-the-top bad ass demon killers, I've rolled my eyes in way more stories involving Space Marines (teaming up with Necrons) than I have Doom Marines (the comic is bad but hilariously bad).

Every marine in a Doom game that isn't Doomguy dies horribly, often offscreen.

Only because they killed each other in DeathMatch :^)

Aside from the name, they're not really alike.

that's because there are more stories with space marines in them than there are stories of doom marines

I'm not sure why you feel the need to compare the two, though. Who the fuck cares.

Well the only Doom marine who is worth anything is DOOMGUY.

Otherwise your average Doom marine is utter shit.

Op is retarded for even comparing the two, doommarines are MAYBE as good as catachan guardsmen

Doom is like a really really angry Skitarii.

Normal doom marines die horribly offscreen. Doomguy is Emperor/Primarch-tier if not above.

The descending order of awesome is this~

>Doomguy
>Space Marines
>The other guys from the Doom games that die like Red Shirts

/thread

Doom Marines are overall shittier but DOOMGUY could probably grab a BFG and fuck up every single primarch and their entire legion as well.
the worst part for the space marines, those are regular people, its like if you took an IG regiment and had them do space marine jobs, AND ACTUALLY DID THEM!
i bet if you put them on equal terms, like the doom marines get space marine upgrades they could run roughshod over the entire imperium no questions asked.

actually i kind of wonder why nobody ever tried talking about what happens if you plopped doom in 40k before? theres no writefaggotry, fo fluff nothing.

>actually i kind of wonder why nobody ever tried talking about what happens if you plopped doom in 40k before? theres no writefaggotry, fo fluff nothing.
Doom is basically a very angry inquisition storm trooper stuck on a heritek forge world.

Kek. Doomguy would be shrekkted by a Primarch considering they can move at hypersonic speeds. Even a Space Marine probably moves too fast for Doomguy to effectively fight.

>he doesn't know how fast Doomguy moves

Why yes. He moves faster than rockets that move slower than a fucking car.

Meanwhile we have quotes for Space Marines moving faster than a person can even see so it looks like they're teleporting.

Doomguy would likely be in Stormtrooper/Kasrkin tier, but with a couple of better guns.

The AdMech would cream themselves over a BFG, if they still had testicles.

40k had a Doomguy of its own. Had.

DoomGuy is like Draigo done right
A force of righteous fury that, when trapped in the warp, goes on a nutso killing spree before being imprisoned and locked away because holy shit, that guy's fucking hardcore.
Only DG ain't doing it out of faith, he's just fucking mad and doesn't know how to stop.
He'd be Khornate if he bothered to read his own allignment sheet instead of using it to kill lesser daemons.

>Implying Doom Guy wouldn't be the first one running head first at Khorne with a Shotgun and a chainsaw screaming bloody murder and how Khorne is a pussy

You ruined the last thread. Please don't ruin this one.

Khorne would probably trap doomguy in some realm of eternal carnage, where he could revel in bloodshed and mayhem until the end of time. Sorta same deal that he did with those Orks.

Doomguy is actually similar to an Eversor assassin.

Verging on psychotic, rip and tear bloodlust, focused entirely on the mission, I'm guessing that Doomguy us also pumped full, of every drug available to maximize his shit.

Doomguy is mentally stable and sound in comparison to Eversor assassins.

Seconded. Doomguy isn't a cocaine-fueled spastic, he's just a walking testosterone engine.

Doomguy is perfect material to recruit as a Space Marine. Alternatively, Inquisitor material.

Welp, there's my next Dark Heresy campaign's Inquisitor NPC right there.

>a walking testosterone engine

much like your mom!

Doomguy doesn't seem like the "inquisitive" type desu. He seems like a fellow who would allow a daemonic incursion to occur, just so that he can go and shoot up those fucking daemons.

Radical Malleus campaign, here we come!

>a Doomguy
I think you mean a Master Chief.

so you're saying that Doom Marines (only one of them survives) are better than Space Marines because since space marines have more lore with some ridiculous situations you feel that doom marines are more... what?... real?

Dont get me wrong, i friggin love DooM and Doom Guy, but Space Marines in general go through more horrible and dangerous shit than doom marines.

THERE IS ONLY ONE DOOM MARINE

AND HE INVADED HELL ITSELF
AND HELL HAD TO INVENT A WAY TO FUCKING PRISON THE GUY BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T KILL HIM

EMPEROR ISN'T CRIPPLED ON HE THRONE AND DYING AWAY

HIS SPIRIT IS OUT THERE, IN THE WARP, LOOKING FOR THE ONE DOOMED MARINE
TO BRING BACK HOME FOR THE FINAL FIGHT TO DESTROY CHAOS

Doom Marines are just regular chumps. Doom Guy is the equivalent of a special character.

Doom Marines sound like the sort of thing Ordo Hereticus would have to flex some muscle vs heretics. Former Imperial Guardsmen and the like.

Doomguy is the one man who seems to have been blessed by the Emperor and becomes a death machine vs chaos. Probably has propaganda modeled after him.

>Doomguy is the one man who seems to have been blessed by the Emperor and becomes a death machine vs chaos. Probably has propaganda modeled after him.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Not AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ing correctly
mfw

>He seems like a fellow who would allow a daemonic incursion to occur, just so that he can go and shoot up those fucking daemons.

No, he would not. He fucking hates them and wants them to get off his fucking lawn already.

Plot twist Doom guy was the Emperor all along, he used Mars results on teleportation to create the warp drive and begin his research on the webway project.

Yes, but he loves killing them so much that he willingly stayed in hell to kill them some more.

Oh bitch please, fuckoff with your Doomguy wank. Doomguy just doesn't measure up at all to the shit in 40k like Space Marines or Assassins. In a fight with a Space Marine Doomguy is utterly fucked because he's both slower and more poorly armed, most of his weapons aren't even capable of penetrating power armor. Meanwhile the basic armament of a Space Marine is a 20mm gyrojet autocannon and only goes up from there with grav or melta.

Doomguy is a small fish in 40k and basically just a well armed Storm Trooper.

>Storm Troopers can outrun their own rockets

THE ANGRY MARINES ARE PERTURBED BY YOUR LACK OF FAITH IN OUR SPIRITUAL LIEGE!
DOOMGUY IS THE LIVING SAINT OF RIGHTEOUS FURY!
NOW STAND ASIDE, PECK!
FUCK YOU!!

Again - he doesn't LOVE killing them - he simply knows that he MUST kill them, in order to preserve life, liberty, and all. He is not driven by desire; he is driven by duty; and testosterone/rage is his fuel.

Hell is just meat.

Is Doomguy siphoning off humanity's Anger? His very existence must be draining Khorne, since Doomguy embodies wanton bloodshed and honorable duty so thoroughly. But is he also a drain on the Emprah?

Doomguy is not a warp entity and is not believed by millions to be a god so he isnt an anathema either. He is a cool dude Sly Marbo tier, but we can compare them like this - Sly is expert in Xeno purges, and Doomguy is expert in Malleus purges. No need for cringy grey knights splattering in bolter babes blood lmao

I think people forget this bit:
Doom guy literally can not be killed. He dies a few times in series and all that did was make hin angry and sent him to hell where he eventually walks his ass out of. After that supposedly those rockets you fire go around actual RPG speed and he can outrun them so he's actually quite fast. Around 115+m/s fast, which admittedly is less than half the speed of sound but if you've ever seen an rpg-7 fire its fast enough where you can't accurately track it and you blink and you'd miss it flying across a football field.

With the current lore it seems that Doomguy can recover health by brutal killing the demons and he had become more than simple humans.

Doomguy died, went to Hell, and got kicked out again - twice!

That's a bit more than Sly-tier. Now, don't get me wrong, Sly is awesome: but Doomguy is the apotheosis of Sly Marbo. Doomguy is god--tier.

See and

>Primarchs are just anime characters

Yes, it all makes sense now. God 40k is fucking retarded.

Doom Marines aren't really a "thing." All but the protagonist die off FAST, and you kill tons of "Chaos Doom Marines" usually without much effort.

"The" Doom Marine is more equivalent to Kaldor Draigo.

Stat him

What does Doomguy eat in Hell?

>Meanwhile we have quotes for Space Marines moving faster than a person can even see so it looks like they're teleporting.
This is now how I am imagining the Horus Heresy fight.

Demon meat.

British cuisine, ofc.

Now you know why they do what they do - they are self-hating weebs who refuse to acknowledge their inherent weabooness. Self-cucking cucks. It's sadly poetic.

Pic

Makes sense, ia that healthy?

Doomguy

WS 6 BS 6 S 5 T 5 W 4 I 4 A 3 Ld 10 Sv 3+

Type: Independent Character

Special Rules: Feel No Pain, Eternal Warrior, Preferred Enemy: Daemons, Relentless, Fearless, Furious Charge, Strafing, Insane Speed, Backpack, RIP AND TEAR!, YOU’RE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!, One Man Army

Strafing: Doomguy benefits from a 3+ cover save at all times.

Insane Speed: Doomguy has a movement speed of 12 inches, a charge range of 12 inches, and is Fleet of Foot.

Backpack: At the start of each turn, Doomguy may choose from one of the following weapons to use for that turn - Fists (Adds +1 to attacks), Chainsaw (Counts as Eviscerator with no change to initiative), Pistol (S4 AP5 Pistol 2 12”), Shotgun (S6 AP5 Assault 1 12”), Gatling Gun (S4 AP5 Assault 8 24”) Plasma Gun (S7 AP2 Assault 3 24”), Rocket launcher (S8 AP2 Heavy 1, Blast 48”), BFG (S10 AP1 Ordnance, Large Blast 48”)

RIP AND TEAR!: Once per game, Doomguy may perform RIP AND TEAR! When declared, Doomguy’s Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness, Attacks and Initiative double (to a max of 10). He gains Preferred Enemy (Everything), Rage, his armor save becomes 2++, and his Fists become power weapons. He may only use his Fists. At the end of each of your turns, roll a D6. On the first turn of use, RIP AND TEAR! ends on a 5+. On the second turn it ends on a 4+. On the third, a 3+, on the fourth, a +2, and it ends automatically on the fifth turn. Additionally, Doomguy makes a consolidate move on 3d6 after destroying an enemy unit in assault. He may use this move to begin an assault with a new enemy unit as if he were charging them.

YOU’RE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!: Doomguy has Preferred Enemy: Monstrous Creatures. Additionally, any attacks he makes against them are considered to be AP2 or Power Weapon attacks. This rule also applies to Soulgrinders.

One Man Army: Doomguy counts as 1 HQ and 2 Troops.

All those vindaloo curries gotta come from somewhere I guess.

Fuck that would be what they serve in hell.

Doomguy is basically just a slightly more badass guardsman.

Brother Space Marine takes this.

>ayy lmao he outruns rockets

Why do people endlessly meme about this? Running faster than a rocket isn't impressive. "Rocket" isn't a set thing, and ranges from supersonic rockets to the piddly slow things in DOOM which you can easily track. The very fact that you can outrun them proves them pretty fucking pathetic.

Plus if we're going to use game mechanics, Guardsmen in Only War can end up running at speeds over fifty miles per hour.

>angry marines
>funny
What is this, 2008?

Need higher stats to be honest, he's weaker than the primarchs and has a OMA rule. If you're going to give him that rule, then hi statline should look something like this:

WS 8 BS 8 S 8 T 7 W 7 I 5 A 5 Ld 10 Sv 2+

There, now he can have One Man Army rule.

space marines would be all about doomguy.
The man would rampage through the warp and is incorruptible. He'd be an Imperial saint.

Space Marines are better than a normal marine from Doom in every single way.

Now, Doomguy... Doomguy would curb stomp Primarchs.

Why do people only post memes yet have never actually played the games? Doomguy sure as fuck ain't Primarch material and he is barely anywhere close to a Space Marine.

Doomguy is a Grey Knight in Scout Armor. That Ultrafag is fucked.

Doomguy isn't a psyker.

Space Marines can walk out of having a nuke dropped on them without a scratch. I'd like to see Doomguy do the same.

Doomguy is psychically powered by RIP AND TEAR

Didn't someone mathematically calculate DOOM guy's running speed at like 60mph or something once? The fact that he never runs out of stamina as well while running while carrying a shitload of guns puts him well above space mehrine level i think.

The only thing they have over him is that he can't climb chest high walls. At least in the original games.

It's more like the human brain cannot process how something that big or heavy with all that fkin armor should move that fast. Transhuman dread they call it.

That sounds like retarded marine wank.

Are you new to 40k?

No.

okay next Doom thread someone makes on Veeky Forums should be by itself, and not be trollbait like almost all 40k crossover threads end up being

I think thats a... compliment?

This shouldn't be a surprise to you then.

Mainly because the new game has all of Hell so terrified of Doomguy (the Doom Slayer is what they're calling him now) that they had to trap him in a box and seal it away just to stop his violent rampage and murder spree throughout all Hell and basically any dimension you find demons in so they could get back to invading said other dimensions.

that makes too much sense

... so basically like the DOOM games?
wait.
that would imply DOOM is 40k canon ...