Naruto

So Veeky Forums how do you run your naruto rpgs?
Im looking at besm 3rd edition myself
through besm d20 is also tempting
as well as point buy systems

but they all seem to suck
especially besm which turns everyone into glass
Anything good?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gene_Soldiers
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4#0
mediafire.com/download/t7w28jo215jru69/World of Five Nations v3.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't because Naruto is for faggotrons.

been talking with my friend for a while about me running a naruto game for him and his friends. I know a lot about naruto and they know next to nothing, so it would be a comedy game where they go along side the main story except they are all from really shitty clans with terrible powers. We are probably going to do gurps because that's what they like.

uh ok, but thats not really relevant

Naruto threadly reminder that in 2014, the salt was all too real and it was hilarious

>So Veeky Forums how do you run your naruto rpgs?
I run them using FATE

>Disregard everything post Valley of the End.
>Rename every instance if "Ninja" as "Mage"
>Okay, Sasori and Itachi are cool I guess, they can stay
>try to make Lee not be a total jobber
>have Naruto actually beat up Sasuke's bitch ass
And I just realized that I just described 75% of all Naruto Fanfic, except without the unbearable edge

You described maybe, MAYBE, 5%.

50% would be favorite character is a Mary Sue and 75% would be shipfics

Huh, I guess I must have either not read or have actively forgotten a lot of Naruto fanfics then, because I know I was on the kick for the longest time when I was younger.

Though the point stands that Naruto was a huge mess of wasted potential for what could've been a semi-decent show, but turned into shit because Kishimoto is a faggot.

I betcha, that if I took the formula, and applied the above changes, along with some renaming and had my group play through it, no one would ever tell it was Naruto

Don't. Play Ninja Burger instead.

I run a DBZ game with Hero 6e. I think it could handle Naruto. However, M&M would probably be just as good.

>Though the point stands that Naruto was a huge mess of wasted potential for what could've been a semi-decent show
No it doesn't because no it couldn't because it was an adaptation of a long-running manga. Even if the story had been good it would have been a shitshow of filler and QUALITY. And all of your changes are pointlessly irrelevant. The problem with Naruto is certainly nothing so stupid as your favorite character not being a jobber or Naruto actually losing to one guy, it's that the meat of everything interesting is in the setting while the story focuses on characters it refuses to develop because it's written by an autist. You could change nothing about the story other than who you use as a focus and it would be better, hell an anthology series that changes protags ever arc could do wonders for exploring the differing lifestyles and challenges of various villages.

Of course none of that helps you for doing anything Veeky Forums related. For that you'd first need to figure out how chakra works, then how techniques work. You'd need to determine if you were going to use a resource system or run on DRAMA like the manga, basically all the usual issues with game design but magnified because you're trying to adapt a setting with no consistent rules.

We ran our 3-year-long Naruto campaign using Naruto d20. The system was less shitty than BESM d20, but still pretty shit since, you know, it was d20. We managed to have fun in spite of the rules anyway.

Moral of the story: Just play FATE, man. This guy knows what's up.

>hell an anthology series that changes protags ever arc could do wonders for exploring the differing lifestyles and challenges of various villages

That actually sounds pretty bad ass. Say, you start the series with some Legend of the Galactic Heroes style political bullshit that pits one set of good guys against another set of good guys, and then you follow bits of the huge case around as a ninja world war plays out.

>good guys
I want no designated good guys in my story about thieves, spies, and child soldiers. Just a bunch of interesting characters doing things, sometimes noble sometimes terrible, for Kage and Country.

Same way I run my FATAL games.

I don't touch cancer.

M&M could do well.

To explain, it's a pointbuy system and you'd buy all your regular skills and junk, but in order to not run out of points you'd likely have a bunch of your ninja trikz compartmentalised as an Array, in which every additional effect only costs 1 point instead of full 20-30 but you can only use one at a time. Most of the time it's not a problem because you're only getting one attack per round and you're free to select between your megashuriken, your lightning and your fireball. Or between calling up a ton of shadowclones to spam regular shurikens and forming a rasengan (clone to help form it is just fluff).

However, you'd need to play around with PL caps and allow players to bypass them sometimes for inventive combo moves and the like.

thanks for reminding why I don't go outside Veeky Forums

Wild Talents

I wonder if Veeky Forums is still working on its Naruto setting.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gene_Soldiers

and that's what it shoulda been man, thats what it shoulda been. Best fanfics have elements of that, course so do the worst edge-lord shit heaps...

>that entire second paragraph

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Does anyone still have the link to the Hall of Eternal Butthurt or whatever /a/ called it?

>Naruto just forgetting his own words
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure he promised to bring Sasuke back to Sakura... Unless there are other words I'm forgetting

Hall of Anal Devastation
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4#0

I will never understand how people got so salty over Naruto ending up with Hinata when the NS ship sunk long before the ending.
They did see Naruto shoot Sakura the fuck down when she did her fake confession right? I don't know why they expected a recovery.

Jebus, you guys are stronger than I'd ever be... Sounds like you had fun though so I admire your patience.

Depending on what you want, Strike!, Savage Worlds, Mutants and Masterminds, or GURPS.

I thought the "NARUSAKUFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH" was an exaggeration.

Try Mutants and Masterminds with a rather low point level. It tends to do the point-buy thing a good bit better than the others.

>There are people in there actually expecting a naruto/sasuke pairing
srsly

mediafire.com/download/t7w28jo215jru69/World of Five Nations v3.pdf

Great Naruto RPG.

In hindsight, sure you know 100% that it won't happen. Just like in hindsight it is obvious that Hitler loses WWII.

It's fiction, dude. That's subject to a single person's random whims.

I think it'll be a long time before I laugh so much over the course of a few days again.

Yeah but the author was a 40 year old japanese man. One who literally did another time skip after he finished the manga to get the main character explicitly romantically involved with anyone because he felt weird about writing romance between teenagers. In other words, fairly socially conservative.

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ fuck he speaks English worse than I do.

>I thought the "NARUSAKUFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH" was an exaggeration.
Oh no, for once that claim was an objectively accurate and completely non-exaggerated statement. The shit show was amazing, you could smell the butthurt for miles.

Came here to ask for this. I don't know how good it actually is, but it seems interesting, at least.

This. Part of what made the Great Saltstorm of 2014 so great was the delusion and denial involved that was catastrophically shattered in an explosion of misery and anal annihilation.

I imagine in the foreseeable future, only Bleach has even the potential to cause asspain on this scale again.

I just made a rules light rpg up myself. Like a page and a half of rules tops for me and 3 buddies. Stamina, chakra, agility, strength, and intelligence. All techniques use one of the 5 stats as an opposed roll. Jutsu use up your chakra. Any of the stats but stamina hits 0 and your unconscious. Stamina hits 0 your dead. I as GM get final say on what you can and can't do and who has advantage on opposed rolls.

Have you tested the rules out yet? How did it go if you did?

Been playing for like a year now. Works pretty darn good. No major problem.

Not One Piece? I mean if were talking bout Naruto and Bleach might as well bring up the other big name piece of shit.

One Piece doesn't really have shipping that I know of, the author has officially disavowed character romance in his manga IIRC.

How does using puppets work? Can you post the rules?

>how do you run
mostly like this

Huh, well alright. But even if the author disavowed romance, I can not believe there are not shippers. There are shippers for everything, EVERYTHING. It is practically a rule of the internet.

I ship Zoro and Robin.

The thing we were working on (and I'm surprised how this didn't make it into the article) was how each of the five main villages gets its genin trained up into chunin and jonin, because everyone knows that the formal chunin exams are just an occasional dick-measuring contest between villages.

It's from a relatively early interview
>Reader: Doesn't anyone on Luffy's crew fall in love? Will there never be a tale of on-board romance? (Sanji is an exception in this case) I'm just wondering.

>Oda: OF COURSE THEY'RE IN LOVE... WITH ADVENTURE
Which seems to either be a "no" or a non-answer depending on how you want to read it.

>Bleach, Naruto and One Piece have gone on for hundreds of chapters
>Meanwhile Black Lagoon is stuck on 87 because the author is a lazy shit
There is no justice in this world.

Didn't Naruto end up being a shitty father?

All I can say for this is just use Fate while constructing your own setting with Magic Ninjas and stuff. Avoid creating a shitty main character like the big three (Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo) that the setting revolves around, and instead make your protagonists small time grunts in a big world. Don't be afraid to have your characters reflect about living a life of eternal war, doomed to be forever the foot soldiers of a uncaring city states.

>Didn't Naruto end up being a shitty father?
Yes and no.
He's a great dad, he's just a great dad to everyone, so his son is jealous.

Dude couldn't bother to show up to his daughter's birthday.

>He's a great dad
Literally sent a shadow clone to his daughter's birthday party.
And destroyed the cake when the shadow clone poofed because Naruto Prime dozed off at the office.

Well shit, nevermind

Why didn't he send the Shadow Clone to do the office work baka desu senpai

as someone how forced themselves through the last 10-15 volumes of the manga, i'll admit i'm massively disappointed in the whole sasuke-sakura thing. them getting married was complete character destruction for both of them. and let's face it, it's karin's kid.

>let's face it, it's karin's kid.
I remember when this saltstorm started. For a while Naruto was the gift that just kept on giving

i know i'm a little salty, but i try not to let me cloud my view too much. it really did kill sakura's development and just came across as keep sasuke from being in love with naruto. and why does the kid literally look just like karin rather then sakura.

It didn't touch her development at all. Sakura's character never EVER, not once, stopped revolving around her love for Sasuke. She picked up a few other traits, but that remained her main one until the end.

And Sarada doesn't look like Karin at all aside from the glasses which Karin gave her, she looks like Sasuke who looks like Mikoto who looks like Izuna, because Kishi has a generic sameface he gives to all his female and pretty boy characters before swapping out hair and eyes and maybe adding a defining facial mark if they're lucky..

what about a high fantasy version
i like the less gritty

If I was going to run a naruto game, it'd be in Anima, Ki users only.

They didn't get married. We don't even know if they actually fucked. At best, he's a deadbeat dad. Which is actually exactly in line with sauske's character.

yeah, but it was more trying to save someone from stupid self destruction than of course i' raise your bastard and jump at your slightest whim.

> run a naruto rpg

I would but I've been cancer free for 3 months, don't want to risk it

Street fighter rpg hack.
Techniques became Tai, Gen, Ninj, Chakra-Control, Athetics, Ninja tools.

A lot of custom moves.

Its fun

No it wasn't. Sakura's love for Sasuke never had any given reason at all.

And the kid is hers.

Heroquest, because heroquest is a way better rules-lite narrative system than Fate.

>because he felt weird about writing romance between teenagers.
He feels weird writing any kind of romance.
This is the guy who said that Sakura reminds him of his wife when they were young: she never paid him any mind in school, but she was attracted to him once he became a commercially successful artist.
This is the guy who then said that Hinata is his ideal romantic interest: she always loved Naruto, even when he was a talentless, no-respect fuckup.
He and his wife actually fought over this.

Seriously? Source for that? Because that's fucking hilarious.

I'd play it. That looks more interesting than what we actually got.

ignore the main characters and naruto becomes a great setting.

Yeah, there are shippers.

At what point does it become shipping?

I always wanted Naruto to end up with Sakura, but I never posted on a forum about it, or felt particularly broken up about it when naruto ended up with hinata. I'm not one of ... those people am I?

Anyone know a good system for a Naruto/GoT/Marvel Cinematic Universe mashup?

Why would you even combine those things?

>not wanting to play through the most stimulating and intellectual fictions that have been created in the last 300 years

So what you're saying is Kishi realizes his wife is a bitch and wish he ended up with the IRL titty monster that is Hinata?

I literally don't, because Naruto has little value as a setting, and negative value as a narrative story.

Stop liking bad things.

>This is the guy who said that Sakura reminds him of his wife when they were young: she never paid him any mind in school, but she was attracted to him once he became a commercially successful artist.
>This is the guy who then said that Hinata is his ideal romantic interest: she always loved Naruto, even when he was a talentless, no-respect fuckup.
>He and his wife actually fought over this.
If true, this is hilarious

IchiHime happening would cause /a/ to commit mass suicide
Needless to say, that's the only thing I want out of Bleach anymore

>Rename every instance if "Ninja" as "Mage"
Except Naruto ninjas are based on actual Japanese folklore about ninjas

In our 5th edition games my group has a habit of naming monks after naruto characters.

this spilled over into actually making the naruto characters as multi classed monks.

i've already threatened to do a full campaign at some point.

Technically your a shipper if you have two characters who you think should be in a relationship, or whose relationship you support. Pretty much everyone is a shipper to some degree, its just there are the fanatics who invest their souls into their ship, who we usually think of cause they are the most visable, and no one wants to be that. You can like Naruto and Sakura pairing and not be a Sakurafag on suicide watch. Not my ship, but as long as they arent freaks about it I dont mind the people who like that.

>Got, Mcu, NARUTO
>any of those being considered intellectually stimulating.

Wut? I mean I guess an arguement could be made for Got maybe, maybe, but what on earth makes you think the others should be on the top of the heap? I mean I love both of them, but they're brainless.I watch those when I am no longer in the mood for intellectual stimulation and I just want to see things go boom.

Fuck Rukia, Orihime is best girl.

Well fuck you buddy. Nel is obviously best girl.

This nigga has some good taste

I don't watch Naruto but I have a passing understanding of it because I've got cousins who live by that shit.

However I saw this scene on youtube of "Madara" kicking the shit out of an army and had a revelation:
You can do virtually everything in that show through arcane caster/psionic gestalts. Madara, with his fast-reflexes-eyes and the way he steps around throwing everybody, is clearly a Tashalatora Monk/Psychic Warrior gestated with a Swordsage, having cast Offensive Precognition and executing the Tornado Throw Setting Sun manuever.

People summoning shit? Summon Monster, Gate.

Tie a spell scroll to a knife and throw it.

etc.

If Sasuke or Naruto were female the plot would make enormous amounts more sense.

so no dystopia punk then?

Oh hey! It Hurts! Great Webcomic. Page 100 was crazy/

anyone have the webm?
I can only find a jpeg of Hinata defending the bum against his justifiably enraged child.

village responsibility > fatherly obligations

I really can't decide if I should bother reading the manga or just watch the anime

And we never see him fulfill the latter

Just watch the fight scenes. You get the basic gist of the storyline from them anyway.