You know what's a concept I NEVER hear talked about?

You know what's a concept I NEVER hear talked about?

Vampire Paladins.

Hear me out-

I'm not trying to be original by just swapping the order of things (a GOOD succubus!).

My point instead is, is there anything, ANYTHING more Chaotic Good-sounding than hunting down, and slowly and painfully devouring bad people?

I call it the CE-CG Full Circle.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/O0MUf/layout/grid#184
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go watch Vampire Hunter D

/thread

Paladins are Lawful Good though.

>You know what's a concept I NEVER hear talked about?
>Contradictory elements.

The kine are Lord's herd.
The clergy are his hounds who watch over them.
But ever we, the damned, have our role in his great plan. We are the wolves, we bring down those who strayed too far.

>play 5e
>suffer through the path to vampire-hood, as detailed in the MM
>don't instantly fall because alignment doesn't actually mean anything in 5e
>???

Vampire the Requiem has a whole faction of Christian vampires with special Christian vampire magic, and some of them do the kind of thing you're talking about there.

>be vampire
>wear armor
>talk about ideals
>???
>PROFIT!

Also,
>being this caught up in alignment
>using obsolete paladin lore

/threading your own post is like high fiving yourself in public. Except more retarded.

Well, Paladins by and large are Lawful Good. Fuck alignments though.

Blade could be a Vampire Paladin. As could Father Abel Nightroad, or Allen Walker. They exist, but they aren't the Holy Men smiting evil.

Less Paladin, more Punisher.

>Vampire Paladins.
Stopped reading.

>An order of vampire antipaladins on a holy quest to purge the living

Would be a fun a campaign.

love that pic

Damn, where's that screencap of vampires worshiping the burning hate when I need it?

Vampire knight is not that uncommon a concept. I've even played a couple.

Me too. I really like when artists can depict armor that's at the same time pleasing, plausible, and illustrative of the wearer's character.

Here's an album that contains some more like it.
imgur.com/a/O0MUf/layout/grid#184

This is practically an entire genre in Japanese anime, you moron.

>Less Paladin, more Punisher.
This user is on the right path.

>slowly and painfully
>Good
You're not very good with alignments.

Oh sorry some people don't know the things you don't. Why don't you fuck back off to /mlp/

I had a fallen paladin vampire as an NPC. Guy lived far in the frozen north where the sun didn't really shine. He had no idea he was really turned, just thought he had failed his god and had no idea what he had done wrong. So, he was depressed, living on animals, unable to call his holy power, and spent his time hunting other undead in the region in hopes it would redeem him.

Need to get your sword fixed mate.

You fucking think? I just spent all bloody DAY trading blows with these knaves, you think my weapon's going to look pristine after that?! I'm pretty sure this is a ceremonial piece anyway.. my wife's gonna be passing wroth if he sees it beat to shit like this. I'll need most of your loot just to cover the repairs anyway. Now yield your coins before you wind up like those two.

Nothing like a good moron harvest.

Please tell me vampirism in this setting had a readily available cure. Because that would make his entire situation so much more absurd and hilarious.

Try clerics instead, paladins have oaths they must uphold, but are beholden to no one. Clerics must obey the will of their God.

Nope, no cure in setting. He let the party execute him.

its always nice to see my ultra shitty art pop up in these albums :')

Vlad?

Well in a more traditional kills people of other religion sense, anyway.

>vampire savage
>lives in the untamed north
>wears furs and simple clothes
>eats animals he hunts partly because there aren't many humans
>hunts undead and other wicked people out of a vague sense of responsibility

I didn't know I wanted this lore until now. Even without the undead-hunting, this sounds like a great monster.

>a GOOD succubus

You mean like a redeemed succubus goddess?

It's easy.
Just Remove Kebab

I've played a Vampire Paladin who turned to the church as a means of curbing his bloodlust. Strict asceticism, prayer, etc, and only let his fangs out when slaughtering heretics.

Bump

This.

Favoured Enemy: Turks automatically puts you on the good alignment.

Not sure if Lawful or chaotic though.

On the one hand he was a knight with a code that he followed. On the other he went about it in an unconventional manner.

"Stopped reading there" was a joke about how the next sentence was "Hear me out-". But as they say, nothing like a good moron harvest.

I'm playing a skeleton paladin. does it count?

One game I was in, we very quickly went off the DM's rails by foiling a demonic invasion by converting a large clan of vampires to the worship of an Order god, and then convincing the more fanatic human worshiper a of said God that a better sacrifice than fighting the demons would be to give their blood and souls to empower the Vampires so they could fight the demons.

Closest I've come to the concept myself.

>let's kill all our food
Wew

It never makes sense to me when vampires want to take over the world.

Damn that sounds like fun.

>Sacrifice yourselves in the name of god in order to feed holy vampires so they can kill demons
That's pretty badass. Vampire Jesus approves.

It's not that big of a jump. He's a vampire and a good guy.

All you have to do is toss out the morality box and there you go.

>>>My point instead is, is there anything, ANYTHING more Chaotic Good-sounding than hunting down, and slowly and painfully devouring bad people?

OP, you just described the vampire Lestat. Kinda.

No, just a succubus that is very effective at being a succubus.

>You know what's a concept I NEVER hear talked about?

Viable barehanded fighter classes?

In VTM one time, our Malkavian Prim was actually Jesus. Or thought he was. Which is okay because he saved my Naive af character from getting Lasombra'd.

Coincidentally, that concept and OP's go together quite nicely.
Unarmed bloodknight brawler is best fighter.

>My point instead is, is there anything, >ANYTHING more Chaotic Good-sounding than hunting down, and slowly and painfully devouring bad people?

That doesn't all that "good" to me.

Also there's a lot more to being a paladin than hunting things down.

While I agree with you, fact is vampires are still monstrosities masquerading as mortal men who gorge on the blood of their foes like some kind of mosquito of the damned. Probably for the best they are just kept as a hunter of the foul and wicked instead of try and protect all those tasty, blood filled temptations to do evil as shield of the weak.

The only question is, why not make a typical vampire withchunter and be done with it?

Adepts in Shadowrun. They're about the only ones.

That'd be lawful just cause you follow your code in an unconventional manner doesn't invalidate that you got one
It just means you're creative

Vampire Paladins were legit in 4e.

It's official. Vlad the Impaler was a Lawful Good vampire paladin.

Fighting evil beyond death is the oldest fluff for high level holy warriors there is.

I'm now imagining a holy warrior intentionally burning himself as the sun rises as a form of religious flagellation and ritual purification.

I'm no expert on DnD, but wasn't there the possibility for Paladins of all alignments in some edition?
If not DnD, why use alignments at all, just make a Paladin of a non-belevolent god

>Jeanne d'Arc was a Malkavian who interpreted her voice hallucinations as the voices of God and His angels

This makes so much sense. Also makes sense how she needed to be burnt in order to be killed.

Lawful is not "follows a code".