Warhammer 40k General

Grenades Are Hard Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJylu3KR4w
advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?p=310901#p310901
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR SHITPOSTERS MAKE ME MAD

3rd for 5th General in a row with the same OP Image

Thats not only okay, but probably their goal. Don't let them win.

8th for its only because I was busy

What's a good unit to stick with a jetbike Farseer?

>Ork boyz are only S3

Which are a better use of slots/points for an allied detachment? Assault marines or vanguard vets? I'm running skitarii and want to add a some mobile CC support.

Dark Eldar question, what's the best use for scourges? I'm thinking a 5 man deep striking squad tricked out in haywire blasters to nuke anything I don't like. Not using Scourges is not an option due to them having such sexy models.

0/10
Not even the proper format.
Apply yourself.

So I am doing your work for you?
See, we are already friends.
Just let it happen.

Whats the best way to get Sternguard in a RG Talon detatchment?

Reminder wraithguards and wraithknights are pure cheddar but wraithblades and wraithlords are totally fine and bro-tier, especially if you fluff them out in your army.

Lets krump em!, Just remember to give 'em the first swing ladz, it aint sportin' otherwise

Posting here again. Tell me something one of your units did, perhaps a particularly heroic deed in the tabletop or just something fun. Bonus points if it's fluffy.

I love reading those kind of things.

I once assaulted a space marine with 20 boyz and two power klaw nobz.

He won combat.

Orks should get:
>Better furious charge
>Hammer of Wrath if over 10 models
>Old Mob Rule Ld, plus can elect to take D6 S4 hits to reroll failed Ld check
>Better wargear options / prices
>Vehicles all have stealth to represent being ramshackle collections of superfluous components that won't be missed if shot off

I had a Imperial guardsmen with a plasma gun explode a tau bomber from the back of a chimera once. Was pretty hilarious.

Same guy who posted about his burnt Termi Lib.

This one is a bit older but a Bloodthirst of Khorne charged my Interrogator Chaplin (Warlord) and his command squad, with some significant help in overwatch the daemon challenged my my warlord and being the inspiration he is to his battle brothers he accepts the challenge. Then he proceeds to save 4 of his D wounds AND take off his last two wounds.

A single Firewarrior killed the enemy HQ (some generic chaos unit) in melee.

I promoted him to Shas'ui for all subsequent games.

I once had a veteran beat typhus in assault.

I mean he dealt most of the wounds to himself via daemon weapon but he did squeeze one wound past the 2+ of his own accord

>Stealth
So all parts become essential once in melee or if shot wth ignores cover.

Making ramshackle the equiv of a serpent shield would be more in line.

1st company veterans in pods? Wickedly nifty formation that can handle many threats.

>30 point transports with stock serpent shields

Wraithguard arent cheddar. The are decent unit with low survivebility and strong-but-short offensive ability.

>hatred for 1PPM

T6, 3+ is "low survivability" now?

Guess I'm reposting too

>6th edition eldar running a guardian heavy list
>6th edition daemons running a khorne/tzeentch group lead by a daemon prince of khorne
>Got a on foot seer council running like fuck away from said khorne daemon prince
>they have the relic, and its turn 3
>got half a squad of guardian defenders nearby
>they contain some of the first models i ever put together, and their poses are a little silly, kind of an eyesore desu
>the hero of our story is one guardian in particular, who is posed like pic related
>the KDP flubs his charge into the seer council, but they don't stand a chance against that bastard kos its a warlock and a 1 wound seer left
>charge guardian squad into KDP, KDP destroys 3 dudes.
>fails to wound one of the models, this is where it begins.
>smashy attacks back, rolls a 5, then a 6
>KDP fails save, goes down to its last wound
>smashy rolls snake eyes and stays in the fight
>KDP players turn, starts mopping up a lot of my army, everyone too far to help smashy.
>KDP rolls to hit, hits once and wounds
>let the turret take the hit
>smashy fails LD, but doesn't get sweeped
>consolidates away.
>turn 4, smashy fires his catapult at KDP, doesn't do anything
>charges KDP, survives ANOTHER round of combat (the KDP player has always had awful luck, he doesn't take the Grimoire because it always turned against him)
>fails to wound
>turn 4, KDP tries to kill smashy
>misses all but one attack, fails to wound
>smashy attacks back, one attack, 6+ to wound
>wounds
>KDP dies.
>smashy gets slay the warlord
>turn 5, variable game length
>game ends
>slay the warlord+relic nets me the win

Does it have to be an Allied Detachment? The Vanguard Veteran "Assault from Deep Strike" requires some scouts, but it makes the odds of your Vets actually doing something worthwhile that much better.

Seems the best, Not sure how much use they'll get of the fear and -2 ld aura though, not all that impressive when you commit to 3 squads.

They'd still die to a stiff breeze, they just wouldn't explode as soon as you look at them.

He's an Eldar player. Like Tau players, their perception of balance is utterly fucked by how OP their books are.

I'm an Eldar player too, but I mean, T6 and 3+ is rather tough unless you're facing ridiculous amounts of S5+ AP3 fire. And even then combined with how many ways Eldar have to improve, reroll or get cover saves they will still take a shitton of damage.

Strong-but-short offensive ability is also a bit of an understatement. 5-10 D shots per turn for 32pts per model is not "strong", it's pants on head retarded.

D-scythes are pure chedder
vanilla wraith cannons aren't too bad because of the range and the fact that you have to roll to hit, and can get charged

>charge wraithguards
>they OW
>one shot hits
>it's a 6
>i don't have a unit to charge anymore

In the end, yes. When youre just 5 guys without ++ then youll get shot to hell pretty quickly.

I play IG. I know all about shooting overpriced shit with melta, plasma, earthshakers and TL- punisher cannons.

Wounds don't spill over from D shots man.

>charge
>7ed

Wraithguard can be a lot of things but overpriced is not one of them.

I've got a wraithknight as the centrepiece of my army. his name is Tel'thas the Inferno (the spirit within the suit at least) and he and his twin where fire dragons in life, he grew to become obsessed with fire, and became an exarch while his brother left the path, disgusted by his change.

he was a master of siege warfare and murdered his way through many a enemy war machine, but was eventually struck down by a bane blade during a death or glory run. miraculously his spirit stone survived, but he was unable to find piece within the infinity circuit and was consumed by a compulsion to unmake the warmachines of the lesser races.

so his heart broken brother, seeking to grant tel'thas respite from the agony of his existence, joined him as the human pilot of a wraithknight, and never leaves his brothers side

the wraithknight in question is armed with a suncannon, two starcannons and a wraithglaive, thanks to a bit of simple conversion work, and its very good at murdering TEQ's and light vehicles

Smashy walked the path of the custodian. The warzone was just another mess hall to clean up and the KDP just another stain.

I was going to run an allied detachment so I could throw the Imperial Space Marine in on a Tac squad (with drop pod), and so I could have a heavy support slot to throw in a Stormraven for jump pack squad and the jump pack HQ guy. I might look into formations, but I'm kind of old fashioned, somewhat lazy, and turned off by the idea of carrying around a zillion codexes and supplements.

>glaive

Can't see him being bad at murdering heavy vehicles as well.

first

>Sleep snug smug

second, wraithcannons have 12 inch range, so they need to come to you if they want to hit you, in which case anyone with a brain would charge them with whatever they wanna attack if its infantry, or just move back at combat speed and laugh at them if its a vehicle

they are almost as expensive as terminators for this, and can only reliably murder single high toughness/AV models because of short range and low volume of fire.

>wraithguard overwatch, 1/36 chance to remove one model from the fabric of causality

>4/36 to bounce off an invulnerable save or see above

>31/36 chance of doing absolutely nothing

and then they get murdered because D wounds don't spill over you useless mother fucker and wraithguard can be tarpitted by almost every troop choice in the fucking game.

>actually expecting to play with the Imperial Space Marine
>actually expecting to play with the Imperial Space Marine in an allied contingent
Good joke. Tell us another.

The last bolter armed marine who survived a Vultures attack run with punisher cannons spend two turns tanking a veteran squad and a valkyrie before getting into hand to hand combat, killing a veteran sergeant and overrunning the rest. He was the lone survivor of the battle. He earned a marking on he right greave.

Its technically not allowed in codex but people are usually cool with it because it means giving up my invulnerable save, and if their not then I just run it as a suncannon knight

I also add 100 points to the cost of wraithnkights to bring cost more in line with imperial knights because I'm a reasonable human being and houserule a lot of the stupider rules of my codex away

Another rule I have is that wraithcannons are just S10 AP2 Fleshbane/armourbane instead of the D, and that D-scythes are S1 AP2 fleshbane

Take a skyhammer formation. Two squads of sternguard vets with relentless out of the pods and two squads of assault marines that can assault from deep strike. Also, they all come in automatically at the same time. I forget if it's just for the first turn or at the start of any friendly turn.

Devastators not Sternguard. You pick first or second turn.

In 3 edition, I destroy a Monolith in the first turn whit onle single shot whit the unique missile launcher I have in the army.

In 4 edition, my alone veteran sargent BA whit power first assault a Spectral Lord and win.

Are you as open to buffs for the weaker codexes? Would you play against SpaceOdin's Ork fandex? Either way, you sound like a cool guy; the community needs more blokes like you.

What are people's thoughts on fortifications? Are they likely to be permitted in games where superheavies would be banned (I don't mind them, but I know a lot of people refuse to play against them)? Is 3-5 Exorcists on a Skyshield with a void shield generator waacfaggotry or just smart play?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwJylu3KR4w
Is this the closest we'll get to having an Ork game?

it would be something to agree with your opponent beforehand, its very easy for me to put a fortification in for a total overall cost of 4 points (60 points, comes with 4 drones at 14 points each) which sounds hilariously unfair

I'm always Up for fandexes and houserules for the weaker codexes, as long as they are thematically appropriate

For example, one of the ork players in my group plays orks with an updated version of here we go that see's orks get stronger the more casualties they take, and another rule that means that wrecked ork vehicles that are not immobilised have a 4+ chance of continuing to work next turn, continuing on until they collide with terrain or are immobilised and suffering an explodes result, this can also be triggered by attempting to ram a target, making the front armour of the truck count as 14 but destroying it after the collision

another rule he runs is that orks never have to snapshot under any circumstances, this is because they where never really aiming to begin with

i allow these rules because they strike me as "Propah Orky" but would not be quite as happy about a rule that makes loota's S:D base or other such nonsense, I left that shit out of my own codex for a reason.

new stuff about the new Barracuda:
advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?p=310901#p310901

>4 drones at 14 points each
>Implying anyone buys loose drones when the drone formation is effectively mandatory

fairly sure you can attach the drones to a passing commander or something to make them not shit, my point is that the fortification is almost free if you can make use of the drones normally

You get both. The fort's drones will be BS3 for a while. also, you get a movable 4+ hover saucer

>"I'm a little disappointed to see it's not a full railgun. Swiftstrike could mean it fires fast or it has a high velocity. I hope its the former so its mulltishot. As well as Str 9."

>"multishot, As well as strength 9"

Jesus fucking christ tau stop being such faggots

Just the marines having one is bad enough, we don't need another one to make my void ravens cry

I'd settle with S8, but at least 2 shots. As you guys know from Dark Lances, RoF1 weapons are quite the turn-off.

>Orks suck!
>Not really, here are my experiences with them against a wide variety of opponents and it's gone well for me
>y-your meta is s-shit!
Everytime

>it would be something to agree with your opponent beforehand
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm asking. How likely is it that someone will agree to allow it. Are fortifications considered normal play or is it thought of as some weird shit cheesers pull out of a decade old codex to fuck you in the ass with?

These sound proper orky rules. Hope the ork fancodex user sees them.

Is that some hippie Ork?

I had this huge game against a Grey Knight player, and it was sweet. I was playing as Chaos Daemons, so it was a pretty classic match up. The end game, however, was something of legend.

>Central objective marker was inside of a ruined church, worth several points
>Held it at first with a Chaos Decimator, which murdered a unit of 5 Terminators.
>He sends a fat unit of Paladins, accompanied by a Grand Master (I think thats what he was called), and a Librarian. They swiftly deal with the Decimator
>I summon a shit ton of Daemonettes to swarm the structure, accompanied by my big baddy..Samus!
>Daemonettes start whiffing against the Paladins, not making any rends at all, so the valiant Grey Knights defeat something like 40-50 of them, only losing 2.
>However, while they were occupied, Samus had ripped apart the Grand Master, taking only two wounds in return, as well as the Librarian, taking another 2.
>The Paladins turn around after killing the Daemonettes, and avenge their leader, but not before losing 2 more guys.
>Summoning Daemon Prince outside the Church gets sucked back into the Warp because Tzeentch was tired of his bullshit

What made this all so cinematic was just the imagery of all of it, the fact all this shit was going down inside of a Church.

That was probably my favourite moment overall, minus a 'Thirster of mine soloing almost an entire Ork army.

So I'm thinking of getting my very first 40K thing, obviously space marines can I paint them however I want for like a made up army, or does it need to be a specific already existing canon one so I can play with other people?
Do any of you have any custom armies?

I would personally allow it if it was for fluff reasons like assaulting an outpost at night, but in friendly matches i can't see people agreeing to it in small armies

It was the having my cake and eating it mentality that really annoyed me

>"swiftstrike could mean it fires fast or it has a high velocity"

>"so obviously the rules should treat it like its both"

and how annoyed the cheekie breekie was that its not a S10 AP1 death cannon on a flyer, that pissed me off too,

but yeah, since it only has the one and a selection of S5 secondary weapons it should have some kinda stopping power

also, don't fucking talk to me about hating single shot Mr Markerlights, tau are my nemesis : ^)

Smoke Ethereal 'erryday

I know, we have a DE player around (he's more keen on trying Corsairs for now)
But every army has people asking for more.

bro-tier groups don't care about that. You should get one before buying minis, though.

>White Dwarves
>mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD
Anywhere I can find PDFs of the current run of WD (i.e. newer than 2014)?
My google-fu is weak and I can only find the old ones.

My Kustom Kraftworld is host to a bunch of deranged pyromaniacs who are trying to bring back their god Khaela Mensha Khaine, they are also host to the largest and first fire dragon shrine in history, and as a result i always take at least 3 squads of the buggers in a aspect shrine formation

and this guy

in short, do what you want, people will play with you anyway unless you're a cunt.

You're not a cunt are you?

>My Kustom Kraftworld is host to a bunch of deranged pyromaniacs who are trying to bring back their god Khaela Mensha Khaine, they are also host to the largest and first fire dragon shrine in history, and as a result i always take at least 3 squads of the buggers in a aspect shrine formation
>deranged Craftworld
Tell me more.

>5th
>My Skull Champion with PF in CC versus Warboss with PK
>Same Initiative but I need 4 attacks to kill, he needed 1 (instant-death)
>His landed, I landed all 4. Canonically he cut him in half and with the last ounce of frenzied rage he had left, screamed "BLOOD FOR The bLOOD GOD" and mashed the Warboss' face into a gory mess
>Earned a broken ork skull on base

>3-man Oblit team reduced to 1 in CC with an SM chaplain
>Last Oblit gave him a powerfist uppercut ID attack
>Chaplain skull with missing teeth and a bit of spine, Mortal Kombat style on base

>7th
>Fire Warrior Strike team brutalized in 1 turn by Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster
>Next game
>Same team blew him out of the sky with multiple unsaved wounds and the crash reduced him to 1
>He still managed to murder my Commander and half the team but hey, its still a feat

>Rubrics tie up GK Dreadknight for half the game in CC
>As soon as he gets free, Land Raider busts him open with Lascannon barrage
>Also same game, lone Aspiring Sorc held his own for 2 turns in CC with 5 paladins and killed 3.

Do elaborate.

the craftworld in question is known as craftworld dath'rama, among the first of the craftworlds to escape the eldar realms, the craftworld can now be found in the upper region of segmentum tempestus, and usually operate within this area (when they are not pillaging the eye of terror that is)

craftworld dath'rama is one of the larger craftworlds in the galaxy, although it is not exactly in the best of condition, as dath'rama has a violent history, which combined with the dry and arid nature of the ships biome and the whole dying race thing has lead to most of the starship being deserted, most of the citizens of dath'rama live in two cities, known as the sun unbowed and nights end respectfully, located at opposite ends of the craftworld, with a vast plain separating the two, dotted with lesser settlements and manufacturing centres, and filled with both mountains and valleys were many combat exercises take place, all protected by the hull of the vast ship.

but by far the most famous location on the ship, and the one for which the craftworld has received its infamy, is the vast fire dragon warrior shrine that dominates the centre of the world.

known as the shrine of the sons of fuegan, this shrine is the oldest and largest dragon shrine in existence, and fully martialled its forces numbers 2,000 aspect warriors and including fully a hundred exarchs.

the shrine has always been lead by the current wearer of "the mantle of starfire" a suit of armour so ancient the original occupant was among the ancient aspects warriors shown the path of fire by fuegan himself, although she did not become Exarch until significantly later, the sons of fuegan are among the greatest demolitions experts in the galaxy, and everything from the mighty war engines of the imperium to the ancient and terrible relics of the necron dynasties and even the lumbering bio-titans of the tyranid scourge have met their end before the baleful gaze of these warriors.

1/2

>[Faction] is [Derogatory]
>Not really, here are my experiences with them.
>Anecdotal evidence doesn't count, only mathammer

Black Templars vs Chaos Daemons. Game was in its final player turn (Templars), he charges my 3 pink horrors grabbing an objective.
If he kills them, he gets 2-1; if I survive, I get 2-1 (we both ahd distant units grabbing other objectives). Of course he attacks first. In the end, I needed to pass on 3 saves. I roll.

>6
>6
>6

Tzeentch smiled at me that day.

Heh, happened with me as well, but his rifle's butt met the face of a power fist-wielding Lord Commissar.

The craftworld itself is best known for their unique position among eldar as religious fanatics, they believe reverently that the glories of the gods of old can be brought into the modern world, and that the true path to the salvation of the eldar lies not in ynnead, but in another god entirely, to put it bluntly, the eldar of dath'rama seek the reconstitution of khaine.
to this end the eldar of dath'rama make frequent expedition's to the eye of terror, seeking a way to bring about khaine's triumphant return to glory, they ransack crone worlds and daemon worlds alike, picking through the ruins of ancient eldar for anything relating to him, and bringing purifying fire and plasma to the servants of she who thirsts, who laid him low.
the eldar of dath'rama will also defend any sites of religious significance with a zeal many of their critics have compared to the fanatics of the ecclesiarchy, and will bring a brutal end to any who desecrate these sites.

they also have one other major exploit, one which has brought disgust and disdain from their craftworld kin, the dath'rama eldar will track down craftworlds that have fallen silent, and the shattered husks of those who failed to escape the fall, and once there they will brave the dangers of the ruin to break into its wraith bone heart, and remove the avatar.
many of their kin consider this akin to grave robbery, as these actions desecrate the final resting place of those who called the world home, and they are NOT gentle with the removal, often times shattering great works of art and ancient constructs not pertaining to the old gods to assist in escaping with their prize, this makes them appear to be cruel, disrespectful zealots who care not for the pains of the past, and would rather satiate their own doomed obsession than respect the fallen, but the dath'rama care not for the concerns of their "unenlightened" kin, and pay these complaints no heed

2/2

>explain a way to run nobs
>le nobs are bad meme
>explain how it's worked and how it's point effective, 4 big choppas 1 pk in a trukk for 200, add in mega armoured lukky stikk warboss for more shenanigans
>always end with accusation of meta being shit
Every single time, people can't accept the fact that orks can be good In certain scenarios. I play at 3 different stores with various metas and I do fine. I don't win tourney lists but that's not the army I bring for tourneys. Accusing someone's meta to be shit is like saying "I don't believe you fuck you I'm right here's some backpaddling:

I've got an admech/skitarii army WIP that is based on ratmen(skaven)
The tech priest dominus was being accused of heresy for working on a xeno organism that took over his body, so he escaped Into warped to a unknown part of the system where his ship crashes on a unknown planet, the planet inhabitants where rat like humanoids that showed potential intellect and revered him as a God for falling from the skies in a star
He shows them the way of the omnissiah and leads them into battle for the omnissiah and Emporer

>mathhammer is reliable in a game with dice rolls.
The dumbest shit.

Thanks, Tzeentch, for telling me about your fire loving, grave robbing Eldar. How did they become like this? What made them this way?

Indeed.

The reason I built Dath'rama is because I wanted to really highlight the obsessive nature of the eldar race, and go against the common stereotype that they are as a species enlightened and wise individuals, above the failings of man

Its something different from the "generic mysterious manipulators" that most other craftworlds seem to match

>we should recommend units and make game balance decisions based on luck

its got missilepods too for some extra punch.

>everything is luck so lets choose less mathematically reliable units over more mathematically reliable ones

>I wanted to really highlight the obsessive nature of the eldar race
I sort of have a craftwork like that. I wanted to make a Craftworld filled with neat freaks but it's turning out to be Craftworld Imperium with Farseer Not!Ron Paul.

i'm surprised samus survived, he's rather fragile for 300 points or so with only t7 5++ but -1 to blessings and the warlord trait sound nice. i'm tempted to get or proxy cor,bax with my metal GUO

>Orks are good because you can roll 6s to hit and wound with 500 gretchin and charge whatever's left

>another rule he runs is that orks never have to snapshot under any circumstances, this is because they where never really aiming to begin with

was for

>he made them stupidly loyal and extra killy to deal with rouge legionaries
Was this ever confirmed and if it was, why would Big E do that? If SW are genetically more loyal, then why not give the same treatment for other legions? And why would he make SW more lethal/better at killing marines? What if they had rebelled? Wouldn't it be better to keep all legions equal and use numbers to stomp any rebellions (presuming that it was 1, maybe two legions instead of half of them) than make a police legion who nobody polices?

That's funny cause THE HAPPENING already did happen, so Not!Ron Paul could actually have precedence in not letting it happen again.

In fact.. isn't that how Eldar are like in general?

I'm wanting to pick up a 40k board game and debating between Betrayal at Calth and Execution Force. Any one have any experience with either? I'd like some help deciding.

It's more often right than not in my experience and if you have no better alternative...

due to popular demand, the history of the eldar of Dath'rama is as follows

The eldar of dath’rama where a mixed bunch, one man was warned of the coming destruction, revealed to him in a prophetic vision, an old farseer equivelent, a psyker called Cenwyn who stylised himself as a prophet of the old gods, when he saw what was to come, he rallied all who would listen to him to construct a ship so that they may escape.

when it was revealed that khaine was broken to pieces after khorne used him as a blunt instrument to beat slaneesh over the head with, the craftworld had a minor freak out before being calmed by Cenwyn who convinced them all that khaine could be repaired if all the pieces of his soul were brought together

now unsurprisingly there were some people who were skeptics, unfortunately for them Cenwyn was fucking insane and grasping on straws so he politely told them to fuck off and to get off his craftworld, naturally these eldar didn't fancy their chances attempting to survive in space on their own and the fall had happened recently enough that people were around who had lived through it, so they politely told him to fuck off and that it was THEIR craftworld now.

The absolute CLUSTERFUCK of a civil war that followed tore the craftworld to pieces, weapons were employed on both sides that were so destructive that they permanently changed the biome from a verdant landscape to a ash filled desert shithole. this battle raged so fiece it reached all the way to the craftworlds heart, were Cenwyn duelled with the rebel leader theris the turncoat, unfortunately for Cenwyn melee combat wasn't his strongsuit due to his advanced age and semi crystal body so theris beat him like a red-headed stepchild and left his broken body at the foot of his "dead god" before leaving to assume control and bring order to the war-torn battlefield dath-rama had become.

1/?

>what is probability

Back to school, kid.