>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/gencon-insider-poop-monday-meeting-notes/

The Pack is here!
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/181760?affiliate_id=13&src=TheOnyxPath
>poorfags
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

>Question
What Mysteries have you been investigating?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nSDVK_snQIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is it so hard to kill people with guns in this game? i swear to god, people are constantly hitting with guns but don't do enough to kill because of the autistic way that successes work in combat. You have like a 90% chance of hitting someone if you have a 5 dice pool but only like 10% chance of putting them down in one shot.

What next, a group of Begotten who have been re-purposed into weapons by the Seers?

Disappearing socks. You can laugh all you want, but every day in usa alone approximate 1 tonn of matter vanish into nothingness.

Need more Firearms, or a better gun.
Take a targeted shot to the head if you want

>implying a beast needs to be repurposed to be a weapon
they're fine on their own
drop one into a city and let them unleash terror and chaos

> shoot someone in the head
> only a fifty percent chance of killing in one shot

I don't think that's how it works user. Just admit it, guns in WoD are shit.

your math is wrong
if you're not doing enough damage to shoot someone in the head, it's just a grazing shot
need more firearms, more firearms = more damage, stop grazing and hit them in the brain

90% of this system is about creatures who ignore bullets.
You can just rule out headshots, anyway combat system is shit, use it only as guideline

Matt gave up. Heroes can be sympathetic.

Everything is a Seer weapon. Non-Supernal creeps hide the Supernal even more.

Why should you expect someone to die in one shot?

Heroes can be sympathetic, but, like sympathetic hunters, they'll rarely show up in the lives of sympathetic supernatural PCs.

The system's supposed to be "cinematic" in its combat. Nobody's gonna crumble to a single bullet unless they've got enough of them to run them down or its narratively significant or unavoidable (point blank coup de grace with no help coming).

If you want gritty, deadly combat, you're better served with another system.

>or its narratively significant or unavoidable
or narratively insignificant
down & dirty allows for room clearing with one roll

Where can I find examples of Abyssal environmental tilts?

In the Abyss

I have been invited to join a Mage the Ascension game: 2nd ed. rules unless otherwise stated.

I've got a character all made up, conceptual and mechanics (Dreamspeaker and Sphere Natural Life if it matters).

I'm coming from a D&D background, so the wide-open-ness of the sphere system seems... liberating but also very vague in terms of what you can and cannot do. Can anyone give tips for how to wrap my head around this?

A better question would be "what would you want to stay the same?"

>Mage the Ascension game: 2nd ed. rules

Holy crackers

>What Mysteries have you been investigating?

My players are currently caught between two unrelated supernatural phenomena, and trying to figure out just what the fuck is going on.

So far, none of them seem to have realized that when the sketchy (and obviously inhuman) NPC vanished, there was only one witness:
Another NPC, who is suddenly no longer suicidally alcoholic.
Then again, they may have just been too distracted by the draugr that's been stalking them.

I really want to wrap that campaign up, but everyone's schedules got fucked up right before the finale.

And it's never a partner to one of the other missing socks. It always creates a lonely-only.

I personally believe Socks to be part of the Lie, so I don't wear them.

> combat is shit

Then why even have it? That's not an excuse for poor Design

Same as everything. Need some rolls to determine situation and keep story going.

> your math is wrong

Prove it.

> grazing shot

Every shot is a fucking grazing shot in world of darkness you fuckin retard. It's fine if the monsters in this game are too tough to be killed by guns, but the average human should go down in 1 to 2 shots. This is like that WoD story of a party getting tucked up by a fucking house at cat that left them with literal aggravated damage.

It's time to admit that your system is very poor at being anything but a Vampire Larp powerwank, and the gun mechanics are fuckng broken.

Why would I want to play a game where my PC can die from a single gunshot?

So why not improve the combat to be slightly less shitty?

>It's time to admit that your system is very poor at being anything but a Vampire Larp powerwank, and the gun mechanics are fuckng broken.
You don't know enough about the mechanics to really say that.

Combat system is a Lie so i dont use it.

>Prove it.
Sure
Down & Dirty combat to kill, 83% chance to kill in one shot

I'm not talkin about your character faggot I'm talking about the average person. Even so, your character taking more than 3 or 4 gunshots without supernatural help is retarded bullshit in the level of d20 modern.

Do the fucking math, don't just say lol this and expect me to bother breaking out the books. I haven't played the system in like three years because I was sick of combat being a shirt slogfest and taking five rounds to shoot a police officer to death.

White Wolf (and now Onyx Path) were always great for fluff but shit for mechanics.

Because it teaches you how to git gud.

>3 years ago
...That's right about when the GMC update hit and fixed up a bunch of stuff.
Were your experiences 1e or 2e?

Because even in real life people don't die in a single shot unless it hits their heart or their brain, which are difficult to hit.
They might die BECAUSE of that single shot, but they aren't going to die immediately, which is what dying in combat is.

>hasn't played the game in three years
>posts just to complain about mechanics he doesn't even know
Why is there so much un-ironic shitposting in these threads?

Hey, I ain't in a position to be choosy.

>Beasts
>Sympathetic

But what is there not to admire about a vulnerable yet proud sadist who's unaccepted by a cruel society judging him for the sole crime of being an unnatural horror who feeds off the suffering of the innocent?

Ummm... 2e changed how combat works. Weapons don't add to die pools anymore. Just damage. So if you're using a magnum, and get two successes? You do 4 damage. Two of those WILL kill your average person.

Shotguns, for example, add three damage and the 9-again property. So a shot gun is very likely to blow most motherfuckers away.

They are often incapacitated though. Looks up single shit incapacitation statistics and don't come back until you know what the fuck you're talking about. I bet you think those one or two guys who take like eight bullets are somehow the norm.

>Complains about how bad X mechanic is
>Hasn't actually read the mechanics that were updated over a year ago
>Hasn't actually played the game in years.
>Just really wants everyone to know how bad he thinks the things they like are.

I think someone just used Prime to summon the Platonic Ideal Veeky Forums poster.

> it takes more than two shots from a fucking magnum (whatever that even means in your retarded no guns context) to kill an average man.

Well, it's better than it used to be, but it's still pretty fucking retarded.

Nigger there is a reason I haven't played the game in years and it's because of these dumb fucking retarded gun rules. I loved on to better systems like Dungeon Wprld and GURPS.

You full of shit.
Most people don't flat out die from one or two shots from a glock 17. Which is the weakest gun example.
The average law enforcer will have 2 dots in fire arms and 2 dex, they would be specially trained in pistols.
Do thats a dice pool of 5 vs nothing for most people.
So lets say you roll 2 success on average. You then down a normal person and they are bleeding to death. Seems pretty realistic to me.

So fuck off.

Everyone knows that storyteller system generaly is not the best, people play wod\nwod for setting.
You can use GURPS but its HORRIBLE ABOMINATION FROM THE DEEPEST HELL OF EARTH KILLL IT KILL IT BEFORE ITS CONSUMES YOUR BRAIN ARHHRHRHHh

So why exactly do you feel the need to come in here and tell us this?

Like I said, Platonic Ideal Shitposter.

Don't forget declaring themselves the kings of all splats in a certain area even when those splats have got shit to do outside of babysitting otherkin.

But that's the point being shit at shooting means you are shit at hitting vital areas rather than being shit at hitting at all. So you end up with very few misses but plenty of arm and leg hits that deal fuck all damage,

The dice pool emechsanic of WoD is fundamentally broken but you fags defend it to the death despite it being shit in shadow run as well.

If you hate WoD, why are you here? You aren't going to "teach" us to share your opinions, since if we disliked WoD or were willing to stop playing WoD we wouldn't be in here.

>I loved on to better systems like Dungeon Wprld
>where a typical fighter would easily survive 5+ direct hits with a gun

Yeah ok.

Maybe we all traumatized by WoD and imagine for ourselves that we liked it and this knight in shiny armor saving us from ourselves. Rember when you were young and hopefull? When you hunt for loot in dungeons and slaying goblins instead of learning what platon forms may look like and memorising rulebooks using ars memoria? Rise up, crawl from this twisted Arcadia made from bones of virgin men!!

>the shit-poster is a Beast

The only thing traumatizing me right now is the way you keep butchering the English language.

Sorry

I like Dungeon World a whole lot but for someone to jump ship from WoD to it because they got mad at that they couldn't kill something in one or two hits is absolutely bizarre.

I had figured by now that the Chunky Salsa rule had found its way to every game, at least unofficially.

>very vague in terms of what you can and cannot do. Can anyo
Read "How do you do that".

No, Its because world of darkness players need to be shit and killed so they know what guns are like.

I seriously hope you get killed by a .357 and learn that real life isn't like your whiny emi vampire game. Fucking man children.

Isn't it ironic then that the "whiny emi vampires" are more mature than you?

>Fucking man children.
(you)

>calls Dungeon World a better system
>tries to pull the realism argument
I don't even play Vampire nigga, I'm a changeling/demon/magefag

Wizards, fairy PTSD and biomechanical angel spies fo lyf, yo

The average man has, like, 7 HP, and doesn't apply his defense to guns. No, two shots is going to kill him.

Isn't it ironic that your game is total shit despite your best efforts to defend it?

Now you become so fat even mage with space arcana cant see you whole.

>I seriously hope you get killed by a .357

Pff, not likely. I'd already be heading to the hospital by the time you've let off your third or forth shot.

Stay mad, moron. Imma listen Oingo Boingo and pointedly ignore you now.
youtube.com/watch?v=nSDVK_snQIs

That IS if he could even hit you, though by my reckoning he couldn't hit a barn door with a banana from inside the barn.

>this cinematic mechanical system works on movie logic with its guns
>therefore it is shit

Yes, the part of the combat system that does what it's supposed to do is the problem.

But gunshot wounds aren't instantly lethal in real life. In fact, people can often miss from only a few feet away.

Yeah no shut you can miss from a few fet away in real life. In world of darkness a clean miss is basically impossible because of the shittarded dice pool mechanics.

Bullshit. If you give someone a gun, you can't expect him to hit with no training. They don't automatically hit their targets.

> I lost the argument so I'll ignore it

Good for you chump. Maybe next time you'll learn to keep your mouth shut when adults are talking.

>World of Baitness General

Oh yeah, you saying it's shit is a real compelling argument. Oh wait. It's not.

I want to run Mage in Gotham City, but I'm not sure my players would like that.

How long do you think I can go before they realize all the Goetia Claimed are Batman villains?

Yeah, these last few threads have been garbage.

Exactly. The mechanics support bullshit because of the partial success concept at the heart of dice pool mechsnics. That's the pint I've been trying to make this entire thread.

>Weapons don't add to die pools anymore. Just damage. So if you're using a magnum, and get two successes? You do 4 damage.
This is good to know. We played our first game a few nights ago using a book purchased circa 2005 and felt like we were doing really poorly in combat, doing maybe 1 damage a round.

>all this bait
>all these shitposts

Then those are only grazing hits, or hit a non-lethal part of the body, or the other combatant has enough adrenaline pumping through them ignore the pain and damage until the next shot. In the new edition, that success might cause an Arm or Leg Wrack, or inflict some other kind of Tilt, or they may even just decide to give and give what the PC wants out of the conflict or at least pretend to.

You've got this weird idea of how a gun should work that's a mish-mash of how guns actually work, and how guns work in the movies. You're also ignoring the concept of cover and the exchange of penalties and bonuses that ideally should be applied to an intense gun fight.

They are garbage because his game is garbage and the oh so sensitive fans can't handle anything but a circlekrjk because criticism of their perfect system leads them to listen to sabaton, write poetry , and cut themselves.

>Maybe next time you'll learn to keep your mouth shut when adults are talking.
I'm sorry, but you seem to have the problem of walking right into other people who are gonna give you shit, might I suggest a pair of prescription glasses?

What? What the fuck? I said that if you're trained, you'll hit. Because you will, in system. If you're untrained you'll hit fuck all. Two hits, if you get more than a single fucking success each time, which is not hard, will slay a motherfucker.

>I want to run Mage in Gotham City
You brake the Lie and emerge in "real" world. Its world of darkness out there now.

Oh mon cher~

I didn't even mention cover you fucking moron. You have no idea how guns actually work, you are taking a few examples and twisting them to support your argument that gunfights should be drawn out hit point slugfests like DnD 4e.

I'm a sucker for thematic villain groups—in my Geist game, the players' rival krewe were all themed after different playing cards—so I say go for it.

What? It's totally possible to miss it you're either unskilled or unlucky.
You know CofD is very different from WoD, right?

It works fine, you just don't seem to know how guns actually work or how the actual game works. The problem with the game system is that its got "rocket tag" all over it, not that it takes a normal amount of shots to kill a person in a white room situation.

What?

Mage literally gives you bonuses for having a group theme.

>Bait: the Shitposting

>tfw Fagness has to call you out for shit-posting and taking the bait

IE. If you have one dot in guns, and two dex, you have a 65% chance of hitting. If you miss, you still do no damage.

It's pretty damn sad.

You're the dumb faggot who never read the rules. If you're talking about NPCs then just use the Down & Dirty rules and then any lethal damage kills them.

Humans don't die in one gunshot unless the shooter is in ideal conditions and is very well trained. A typical gunfight in an abstract combat system like WoD is either going to be narratively handwaved via Down and Dirty or ST fiat, or it's going to be a drawn out gunfight, because gunfights are long and drawn out when people who know what they're doing start fighting.

Again, the idea that you seem to hate "long drawn out fights" and then claim to enjoy Dungeon World makes me wonder if you've ever actually paid attention to how the games work.

>Bait: the Shitposting
You play as a creature who roams message boards and leave comments with one and simple goal - collect as many hatred as you can to feed.
You can play as electric spirit, A.I, gremlin, fey locked inside machine.

Why is Beast: The Primordial not in the mega bin? Its been out for awhile now and mediafire is being an asshole right now.

Instead of Vitae or Mana, your powers are fueled by (You)'s.

Because no one updates the mega anymore.

Goal should be to collect as many (You)s as possible. Hatred is merely one path to a proper baitpost.