Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Cool Enemies Edition

What are some enemies you wish you would encounter?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed)

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/cornugon-smash-combat
therafimrpg.wikidot.com/imperious-command
dndtools.pw/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/never-outnumbered--3295/
youtube.com/watch?v=20XREf55X9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot old bread

fa/tg/uys, I need to say that while I enjoy the Path of War Disciplines, I think that the Classes is too strong and even unbalanced in a low/medium level of optimization.

Can you help me to dispel this thoughts?

They're not any stronger than, say, an Alchemist or a Magus is.

The thing is, lowOp involves generally picking up trap choices. Path of War has no trap choices.

3rd for someone give me the the lowdown on catfolk, and maybe dump some good catfolk art. I want to play one, but nobody ever unironically talks about them so I have no idea what even counts as "acceptable".

I don't know about these, really. My group style is long days filled with 4-6 encounters a day, so a Magus run out of spells very quickly in the early levels. The Alchemist holds his ground IF isn't a Bomb build.

I agree.

And sorry about didn't mention it in the original post, this problem is more by 1st-4th level.

They definitely have a lower floor than a lot of classes, but your idea of low and medium optimization are most likely different than most people's. If you mean paizo level is low then I would agree they are too strong, but paizo has no idea how to optimize so that is 0 optimization for most people. If you mean barbarian that doesn't go beast totem level then any PoW class can just pick the not so good options too and they should be about equal overall. If mid-optimization is staying in tier but moving up in it they are definitely balanced there. It is just easier to not pick trap options with PoW because there aren't nearly as many.

Competently constructed rules for magic item crafting.

I need them.

Since we we're discussing improved familiars last thread. What are some good and interesting familiars you could take?

Psychopomp

That is rusty dagger shanktown which PoW is admittedly much less likely to die in because of its ability to one round low level enemies and escape options. A wizard spamming colour spray and sleep for those levels is also too good though, so it's more the game than PoW.

>good

Consular imp
Shikigami kami

basically any of the other ones with some spells plus fast healing

That description reads like a 13 year old talking about his character.

Is there any way to do a druid or druid-like who wild shapes at will instead of spellcasting?

Look at Spheres of Power for either their variant of Druid or Shifter.

Alternatively, see if someone around here is willing to lob you the Chimera Heart playtest and play any PoW Martial.

I want to use that one rogue build focused around Equipment Trick: Cape as an encounter but I'll feel like a poser if I do.

Small Aether Elemental for telekinetic fun

Level 5 Warder here.
Looking to be a "tank" via applying shitloads of debuffs and pissing enemies off into hitting me.
So far I can:
Apply Armiger's Mark
Demoralize reliably (Enforcer + Merciful weapon with +20 Intimidate)
Potentially lock down movement (Guard's Glare)
Sicken (Cruel weapon)
"Taunt" via 2 different Iron Tortoise maneuvers

What can I do to apply more on-hit debuffs?
I'll get Advanced Study if I have to, just gimme some suggestions.

Adopted>Ifrit's Glare to make the intimidate reliable

My GM's already letting me take 10 on it as-is.

Is 3.5 open to you?

Possibly.
GM's pretty chill.

Uh, druid 20?

> some retarded aberration from a splatbook can now be your familiar so that raging autist power gamers can get a precious +1 bonus to something

That's it, I'm done with this retarded abortion of a game system. I've had it with pathfinder. Straw that broke the camels back....

That is, without a doubt, the single most amazing enemy you could throw at the party as an end-game BBEG.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/cornugon-smash-combat

therafimrpg.wikidot.com/imperious-command

Note: 3.5 to PF conversion means the feat has a requirement of 5 ranks of Intimidate, not 8, because 3.5 had you start with 4x the ranks and it was weird with skills.

>therafimrpg.wikidot.com/imperious-command
That seems REAL strong.
I don't think that's gonna fly.

If 3.5 is allowed, there's also Never Outnumbered: dndtools.pw/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/never-outnumbered--3295/

Note that as a skill trick, you take it by spending 2 skill points once you meet the prereqs, and it's only usable 1/encounter

Speaking of Equipment Trick: Cape, what's the best arrangement of archetypes for an intimidate-based Rogue? It's Unchained, so it also would have the skill unlock.

At the moment I'm looking at Thug, Rake and possibly a Scout combination with either.

>GM flakes AGAIN
>I skipped out on friends for this AGAIN
>Haven't played a session in almost a month
>My favorite character is stuck in this neverending limbo
How has your day been, /pfg/?
Play
any
games
????

I'm DMing a Darksouls-esque Pathfinder game. First session was this last Saturday.

Was really great!

I want to somehow build an Eldar Howling Banshee in PF but I know it's impossible at low levels.

Save me.

Party defused a possible deadly fight, which turned into a wrestling match between the bandit boss and the team Brawler. It was pretty cool

I am
really
happy
for you
my dear
fellow PF
enthusiasts.

What part is impossible, user? Seems pretty doable to me.

Were there masks involved?

Did they set up ropes to jump off and land on each other?

>group has only been playing every other week because one of the faggots always feels too shitty to play
>when we do play I have to drag the other players around by their half-awake asses
>started a pretty sweet one-on-one game with the GM a while back, but we had to put it on hold because he had to work more hours
>he said we'd pick it back up, but I haven't heard a single thing about it since and don't want be an annoying shit about it
>trying to find a second group is hell when you're bad with new people, don't have a schedule for anything, and are a text-game-only-fag
>my folder of things I want to try keeps getting bigger and bigger, but I'll never actually get to use any of the things in it

Just fuck my shit up desu senpai

Doing it accurately below level 15.

>text game
Online-voice-fag here
Please explain to me the merits of text-based gameplay
Surely it takes unreasonably long?

Things don't get missed as much since you have logs, you have time to type out things to do more detail, and if you're nervous like I am it doesn't fuck with your RPing as much.

Been trying to get my friends to build for the game we decided to play over the summer. Been about a month, maybe a month and a half. I've given up all hope especially since a new compendium just came out. Looks like I'm going all summer without a game...

Written logs and archiving means that people are less likely to fiddle about with "Uuuuh, what was this important NPC's name again?" and such. It also allows you a great "range" of tones and voices that your character could utilize, as well as giving you the time to think about what you want to say before blurting it out like an idiot.

It's probably slower than voice, but not as much slower as you might think, since you can type things in advance.

here
We need to start a group with a witty name and advertise on reddit or somethin' for a few more players.
What's a good name...
Natural 1 Club?
Please Just Play Pathfinder Club?
I Hate My Life And Just Want To Play Tabletop RPGs For Escapism So Only Apply If You're Not A Flaking Cunt Club?
I'm sure we'll find a GM for it haha

I keep telling you user. Always have a quick module ready to run yourself. Actually trusting a DM to show is pretty much the silliest thing you can ever do.

That thing is so fucking cool.
Bestiary 5 was an absolute blast.

If 3pp and homebrew are allowed, then you have access to things like the Privateer archetype for vigilante or warlord (and desperado on top of that), and the Bloody Kraken discipline is supposed to be getting an update soon. For 1pp there is Savage Technologist which fits pretty perfectly and gives you access to the Terrifying Howl rage power. Although there are other ways to emulate the mask that escape me at the moment.

>Elf Savage Technologist
>Terrifying Howl

I'll have to look into that. Wish my GM allowed 3pp, but them's the breaks.

What music would you use for a fight with a Vilderavn?

The boss theme for the Abyss Watchers?

That's a shame they don't, Savage Technologist is probably your best bet at doing it. Sword and pistol is outrageously hard to do without house rules or 3pp content.

It takes longer if people aren't really paying attention, or always take a minute to think about what they're going to say before they pump something out. It also depends on how well they know the system, but that's kind of a given for any format. Pathfinder has gone a lot smoother than the system I used to play, but anything probably ran smoother than that system.

I also tried voice with a roll20 game, and I can't really pull that shit off. Between being constantly nervous, fumbling my words, people talking over eachother, and my fucked up schedule, I was just uncomfortable as fuck the whole time.
I played 5e with my sister and her friends in-person once, and that went pretty okay. Mostly because I kind of comfortable around them, and too distracted with trying to cook to be nervous about spilling my spaghetti.

It's an edgy super powered raven knight, so that shouldn't be surprising.

Probably something slow and moody. The PCs will undoubtedly be fighting him in a half-empty castle (throne room or king's private study) just after finishing a war themselves.

>Reddit
How about no

Pseudodragon.
It's a tiny dragon, that acts like a cat.

Where on Golarion would one run into something like that?

>reddit
Hard no.

>reach throne room
>notice the king is dead and so are a bunch of other people
>notice a giant raven flying in the air
>this starts playing as its still in the air
>youtube.com/watch?v=20XREf55X9E
>it drops down and turns midway into its plate armor surrounding it when it lands
>dust clears and the vilderavn raises its sword at the pcs

10/10 encounter

Anywhere it fuckin' wants to be.

Behind you.

I play a cat folk barbarian in my game. A few things I do for flavor:

>My character wears a mask hiding the top half of his face and takes great pains not to be seen without it.

>he is also eager to claim the meat from edible monsters and animals. Although not exactly haute cuisine he takes pride in being able to clean, preserve, and prepare food.

>related to the above: he takes a somewhat patronizing view of people who can't prepare their own food and thinks of them as being somewhat childish and in need of help.

>constantly poking things to find out what they do, tends to be very poor at long-term planning

It's like they copy/paste a slightly altered image of Artorias and said. Yea that knight you've been hearing about, that great hero...he's the BBEG. at least that's what the image reminds me of.

Where else are you gonna find horrible losers with nothing but free time on their hands?
Sure as hell not here. I've tried before.

I'm just a bit iffy on starting a campaign with people I don't know. I'm crossing my fingers that in a week or two the GM will get off his ass and get the players to actually do shit, that or another campaign he offered that I be a part of gets off the ground but that means a different GM needs to get off his ass to start it up. At least I have incentive to find a job now that I've graduated, I need to fill the time better.

>implying I'm not a horrible loser with nothing but free time on my hands

Try again.

I bet you've said no to me trying to organize a group before, you cunt.

The campaign ending I'm writing around it basically just rips off Wind Waker's a little.
>You know, you never did use your wish, your Majesty. You held up your end of the bargain admirably. Go ahead. Anything you like.

>I wish for this kingdom to know PEACE for once in its lifetime!
*queue uproarious evil laughter from Vilderavn*

So long as it's not half-fae, and can't be described as a "boi", it'll probably get a pass. And even if it is and it can, it might still work in a certain kind of game.

I don't have any catfolk art, so here's some humans instead.

forgot image

Here's your reminder that the best armor for spellcasters is a skintight metal bodysuit.

That gives a diplomacy bonus!

>player uses any mind control spell on the king in that moment to make him say "kill yourself" instead
>campaign over, no boss fight

>King
>Failing a Will save
user...

>TFW the fullcaster isn't a sizzling sorceress
>TFW he's a Venerable wizard

I had a character who was half fey catboy and half human, she wasn't a problem at all.

user, the whole point of PF is that the people at Paizo noticed how there existed cheap, easy counters to mind control etc and how they needed to be eliminated.

It comes from the feywild, man. It can be in any nation the Fey Lords are annoyed at.

>Compelling Domination (Su) When a seraptis uses dominate person (as a spell or spell-like ability), its victims do not actively resist the control and do not gain a new saving throw when ordered to take actions against their nature unless those actions are obviously self-destructive, in which case the victim does get a new saving throw with a +2 bonus to escape the effects of the domination.

hahahahahahaha fuck your pcs

>3.PF
>Feywild

Ummmm could you put trigger warnings before using 4e terminology? Thanks

unless that's actually a thing in PF

ah shit you're right, I think I just had a stroke

I need to stop crossing editions
it was 5e

Yet another session fell through today.
I drove for an hour just to be told on the phone that the GM didn't show when I was about 5 minutes away.
I think I've finally had enough.

Please tell me where to go to find a good online group, /pfg/!

I've tried play-by-post once, on Mythweavers. I'd rather not remember that cringefest. It was so slow, and the players were... Lacking.
I'd like a live game. Text or voice, Tabletop Simulator or roll20, I don't care. I just want to play Pathfinder with a group of competent players that have at least half as much passion as I do for the game. I'm not getting that from my current group, but it's the only one in town, since I live in a third world shithole. Man, I'll not sleep and skip Uni if it means I can play with a good group.

user, LOOK, AN ELADRIN!

>unless those actions are obviously self-destructive,
ok

Honestly it didn't even occur to me that the name referred to a specific place rather than a generic theme. Namewise it's the 'enchanted woods' version of the Darkbad and Shadowfell and whatnot.

Yeah

Dominate Person:
>Obviously self-destructive orders are not carried out.

Compelling Domination:
>the victim does get a new saving throw with a +2 bonus to escape the effects of the domination

You get one save, and if not, you spend the next 15 days trying to kill yourself.

>unless that's actually a thing in PF

More or less, though I think it's just called Faerie or Fey or some other generic "here be fairies yo" term

The Shadowfell and Shadowdark (which is silly as fuck but "the underdark of the shadowfell" sort of makes sense) are specifically 4e (or maybe 5e) terms that do indeed refer to specific places.

So PFG Shadow Dancer or Assassin?

That's on top of the fact that she can have three members of the party trying to kill the rest of the party with no save.

And then has 15 days to separate them, tie them down and then kill them herself one by one.

Ez pz no save.

Shadow Dancer every time

I'm only going off the description that you(?) posted. You get two saves, the second one at a +2. This isn't particularly bad by PF standards, since lots of effects kick you out of the fight with one failed Will save. With Prot/Evil, even though Paizo removed its mind control immunity, that's still one will save at +4, and one at +6.

If you are particularly likely to fail two will saves, one at +4 and one at +6, your character is probably not cut out for the storyline.

Even so, just dominating them into waiting in the corner is mechanically more effective.

>Compelling Domination
So you fail the save, coup de grace yourself and die if no one is able to stop you?

Yep!

>he dosn't want a cool little pet raven with a sweet mask that can teach him to scribe like a boss and carry a tune like a pimp.

for shame

Is beguiler not an option? It really can do the job of either PrC better.

Yessum

What first saving throw?

>Compelling Domination (Su) When a seraptis uses dominate person (as a spell or spell-like ability), its victims do not actively resist the control

You don't get a first saving throw.

You just get one if she tells you to coup de grace at a +2. Granted, it's only DC19, but the ability is better to turn the party against each other with no save.

So how can I get the compelling domination ability on a PC?

It's a Supernatural Ability for a specific species of demon, usually non-transferable.

I would elect to try it through plot reasons. There are rules for becoming a demon, and some Demon Lords will grant you gifts.

It's kind of a different type of character concept, those shittier classes are for nonmagic people.