Warhammer 40k general

I just want to proof wrong

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?p=310901#p310901
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN FORTIFIED!

What's good support systems for a lone Ghostkeel that doesn't use the formation or its rule? A long operative.

Was thinking Stims for the first cause you can never go wrong with that but 4++ is too expensive and fairly redundant.

I take the Skyfire system on mine, just in case. 6 S 7 shots are very nice anti-air when you need it.

Do I have to use a detachment if I play 'battleforged'?

>do I have to read the rulebook to know how to play the game?
its spelled out pretty black and white in the rulebook

That's exactly how it's described in the BRB, what are you talking about
To qualify as battleforged you have to field either a CAD (the basic force organization used through 40k's lifespan), one or more formations, and/or a codex-specific force organization (aka Decurion) that requires a specific combination of formations

Putting anything in your army that doesn't fit into one of the above categories makes your entire army unbound

Thanks for proving me wrong, I have made the last five threads and didn't want to revert to OP images of old, what with all the pitching and showboating that come with it.

You could use formations instead of a CAD. But those are detachments too. So yes. Read the book.

Your totally right but I must nitpick: not all codex-specific detachments are decurions, some have codex-specific FOCs, and the allied detachment exists.

Basically a Battleforged army is ANY number of detachments, which are FOC detachments (CAD, Allied detachment, codex specific), formations, or 'decurion' detachments which are a mix of specific formations and units instead of slots

>pitching and showboating
Bitching and shitposting, doing OT so have to use my tablet since my phone died.

I'd like to add that you can only take detachments, whether CAD, allied, decurian, etc if you are battleforged.

You can still take formations in an unbound list, if you take something outside a formation or detachment, then you can't take any detachments.

>then you can't take any detachments
Why must I nitpick. Help me.

I believe its actually that you do not gain the detachment's command benefit. Not that that changes anything.

Is there any benefit to a battleforged army other than people refusing to play with you if you run unbound?

you can get detachment benefits?

What colours do people usually use for Arctic fatigues on guardsmen? I'm making Aettguard allies for my yiffs and can't decide on their colour combo. Flak will mostly likely be SW Grey with gold insignia and white platoon markings.

They ever post the new part to the FAQ? I don't know which FB page it'd be on.

In the age of broken decurions, I'd say battleforged is the norm, even if people wouldn't refuse unbound games

Is a decurion considered a formation detachment or a faction-specific detachment?

It's a formation of formations.

You can still get formation bonuses, so the only thing you lose is rerolling your warlord trait.

Objective Secured and Rerolling warlord traits being the most obvious. Seriously read a rulebook

Most formations (that aren't just the extra slot decurion things) have special rules on their page...

Necron decurion gives army wide 4+ reanimation while it's core formation, the reclamation legion, let's you reroll failed reanimations of 1 within 12" of the overlord while also giving Relentless and Move Through Cover to everything.

>tfw no one will play me unbound.
>tfw 1500pt 50 rhino list is a pipe dream

detachments are not formations.
Decurions are detachments. the formations inside them are not

They haven't posted it yet, but technically the week of the last FAQ hasn't ended yet there is still an hour so we most likely will see the new one tomorrow morning

Oh, and objective secured. But who cares when you can just take a Reaver Titan or a dozen Hemlocks in a 2000 point game and consistently table your opponent?

So is bloodhost detachment in KDK considered a Decurion then?

Most of my opponents don't bother with flyers, but you have a good idea there. 20 points for little use though.

>lose rerolling warlord trait and objective secure
Not sure if you think "battleforged" means Combined Arms Detachment...

Only individual formations are allowed in unbound. All the various detachments (force org, or decurion) don't provide their benefits when going unbound.

Those aren't bonuses from battleforged, though. You can have a battleforged army without OS or IMC.

without the command benefit you effectively aren't taking the detachment, because you could take all of the options in the detachment by themselves if you're unbound.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was worded the way you said it in the rules, but that wording basically says nothing.

faction specific detachment.
Formations aren't detachments, the phrase 'formation detachment' is something people made up to refer to detachments made up primarily of formations. it's not an actual rules thing.

Though to expand a bit on that, you can just add a formation to any other unbound list, but they don't gain the benefit of your detachments. If the formation is part of a detachment, such as in a decurian, then the units in that formation get both the formations benefits and the detachments command benefits.

I wouldn't know sorry. Any codex detachment that includes Core, Command and Auxiliary formations is a "Decurion" style detachment.

> If the formation is part of a detachment, such as in a decurian, then the units in that formation get both the formations benefits and the detachments command benefits.
only while battleforged.

no it's a detachment of formations. different thing.

the term 'decurion' is unoffical. It's named after the first faction specific detachment consisting primarily of formations.

Just like people call all adhesive bandages band-aids.

I just said if you're not battleforged the detachment effectively does not exist. It's in the goddamn post.

>Formations aren't detachments, the phrase 'formation detachment' is something people made up to refer to detachments made up primarily of formations. it's not an actual rules thing.
Actually it is, I had to look it up in reference to the Iron Hands techmarine thing. BRB says "formations are a type of detachment that..." or something along those lines.

That post was in reference to someone saying that the loss of going unbound is in not being able to take CADs. I was pointing out that CADs aren't actually particularly good.

Boy oh boy, sure haven't seen this exact same argument ever since Battleforge was started.

All you cunts need to chill and start a new conversation. Last thread was half decent.

How would you fill out the rest of this list to reach 1000 points?

>Spiritseer (Firesabre, Phoenix Gem)
>x2 Storm Guardians (2 flamers each)
>Fire Dragons
>Wraithblades (Ghost Axes)
>Wraithlord (2 flamers, Ghostglaive)

I added it up to just under 700. I'm unsure what else would be good to add aside from just doubling up on stuff I've already got.

Bump for help pls m80's.

Transports

How many Mek Gunz can you fit on a sky shield landing pad?

to be fair you did say in the same paragraph that you can add a formation to any unbound list and that if a formation is part of a decurion you get the formation benefit and the detachment's command benefits. He may have just been clarifying

I want to make my Imperial Knight's legs longer, because I've sourced a lot of parts to make magnetised Cerastus Knight arms so I can just count it as any Knight I feel like...

But I'm terrified to destroy the legs I've got, it's a really frickin' expensive kit.

You are a drop away from bringing a WK at 1000 which would be very strong.

Maybe a Fire Prism for some HeavY weapons.

>>/WIP/
> CTRL-F
> "WIP"

Well, I was hoping to use this army for Zone Mortalis as well, so I wasn't thinking to heavily on transports.

Adding some of them and including a Fire prism is probably a good call for normal games though.

Anyone got a measurement of the height difference between a regular knight and a Cerastus one? Maybe I could put some huge magnets under the feet and make a terrain piece base to boost the height, swapping it to a regular base when it's not proxying.

Skyshield is a 12" octagon. Figure out the dimensions of a mek gun and do the math.

advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?p=310901#p310901

>Two long barreled burst cannons
>Heavy burst cannon
>missile pod
>22 shots total
oh baby

Is allied detachment obligatory for bringing units from another faction or just a cheap alternative to Combined Arms Detachment?

Just a cheap alternative. It's useful if you want to just splash a handful of units.

reminder that if the barracuda doesn't have a S10 AP1 weapon or a D weapon there will be physically angry tau shitters

It has a Railgun on an anti air platform.

Combine with ignores cover from somewhere, and it's Tau so you will get that somehow, and bye bye birds.

It's okay user, I'll play against your 50 Rhinos with some guard and 3 Imperial Knights

>Not a glorious all-drop pod army

Swifstrike Railgun. Otherwise, there's always the Tigershark Titan-killer.

>Not an even more glorious three tyranid warrior + spore pod list for 96 large blast templates each turn

>Not 5 scouts and 18 vengeance weapon batteries

>anti air platform
Is it classified as a fighter? Only fighters get skyfire now.

It's a damn good anti tank. Run a shield Generator, Fusion weapons and go get in their face and kill some tanks.

>Not 83 mek gunz

The Barracuda has always been the air superiority fighter for the Tau.

was the baracuda even supposed to have one of those guns?

I thought it's thing was a shitton of S7ish shots, some with low ap. The S10 and D tigershard.

Good tank hunter. Can also fill the roll of Assassin by getting an Advance Targeting System. Always pick models with special weapons before characters and eh won't be able to take "watch out sir".

GROTZ! MAN DA' KANNONS!!!

it doesn't matter whether or not it was supposed to have them
there are going to be multiple complaints if it doesn't because it "isn't good"

replace half of those with regular blast templates and you've got a deal

sigh, long ago I was once interested in the tau, when suits were only a small part of the army. The tanks, planes and alien allies seemed like kinda neat.

Now it's all suits all the time, and the people who play the faction just want bigger better and more bullshit suits.

None of the Tau players will be disappointed that it doesn't have D because that's the Tiger Sharks job.

However it was shown to carry a rail gun, which is S10 AP1. So yes if they make up a random stat for a traditional Tau weapon I'll complain.

I have an idea for a Space Wolves/Blood Angels list I'm working on but I'm not sure if it's really any good. This suppsoed to be a fun list, but I'm not sure if it's as much 'fun' as "I'm gonna get raped in games"

Primary Detachment: Wolves Unleashed Detachment

HQ
>Wolf Lord: Fangsword of the Ice Wolf- 130 pts (Warlord)
>Wolf Lord: Frost Sword, Storm Shield- 140 pts

Troops

>Grey Hunters x10: 2x Melta guns- 160 pts

Elites

>Wulfen- 150 pts

Fast Attack
>Thunderwolf Cavalry x6: leader has Storm Shield- 240 pts

Allied Detachment: Flesh Tearers Blood Rain Strike Force

>Death Company Squad x5: Jump Packs- 115 pts
>1x Furioso Dreadnought: Blood Talons- 135 pts
>Vanguard Veteran Squad x5: Jump Packs- 110 pts
>Assault Squad x5: Jump Packs, 2x Melta guns- 120 pts
>StormRaven Gunship- 200 pts

So that all puts me at 1820 points. Any suggestions on how to get me to 1850? I have ideas on what to do for 2000 but I just need suggestions on wargear for 1850

"swiftstrike railgun"
and "barracuda ion cannon"

You need two power fists in that Death Company squad.

Yeah, but the dakkajet has always been the close support aircraft for orks and they still managed to fuck that up.

Well is it S9 then? Because if it's 8 then why isn't it a Heavy Rail Rifle and if it's S7 why isn't it a missile pod or S6 why isn't it plasma.

Love it. So that would be 50 pts in upgrades so should I drop some melta guns?

why would orks ever get anything nice?

It could be S 8 and Rapid fire or 2 shots or something.

because weapon profiles don't only contain an SX value?

Yeah, your Grey hunters have enough melta.

>not having a chill playgroup that lets you go unbound to do wacky shit like my ork gunline of mek guns, lootas,wagons shock attack guns and a morkanaught

I play Tau and I hate the bigger suits. Tau to me was always about the mixed arms approach and having different types of units supporting eachother.

Awesome advice. Thanks a lot.

>Necron jetbikes with T5, S5AP4 w/ ignores cover and a 3+ save
>22 points per model

How to survive against this

>tfw you realize you can take 40 mek gunz, 8 painboys, and 120 gretchin for gobs of BS3 T7 4W 4+/5+ S8 artillery without even going unbound

smash with hammer

why'd they make it look worse? And why isn't it a plastic kit instead of those ugly as hell other things that are?

>you will never run only warbuggies
>you will never run only piranhas
>you will never run only reaver jet bikes
>you will never run only csm bikers
>you will never run only wraiths
>you will never run only rough riders
>you will never truly go fast

only wraiths and spirit seers can be battleforged, in more than one way.

>>you will never run only rough riders

You will if you just believe in the heart of the bust!

Three units of warbuggies with rokkits
Oene trukk full of manz
One trukk full of tank bustaz
One battlewagon loaded with boys and outfitted with all sorta of fancy gubbinz like a wreckin' ball

We madmax now.

Redesign of this list

Primary Detachment: Wolves Unleashed

HQ
>Wolf Lord: Fangsword of the Ice Wolf- 130 pts (Warlord)
>Wolf Lord: Frost Sword, Storm Shield- 140 pts

Troops

Elites

>Wulfen- 150 pts
>Wolf Guard Terminators x3: Two with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield- 129 pts

Fast Attack
>Thunderwolf Cavalry x6: leader has Storm Shield- 240 pts

Allied Detachment: Flesh Tearers Blood Rain Strike Force

>Death Company Squad x5: Jump Packs, 2x Power Fists- 165 pts
>1x Furioso Dreadnought: Blood Talons- 135 pts
>Vanguard Veteran Squad x5: Jump Packs- 110 pts
>Assault Squad x5: Jump Packs, 2x Melta guns- 120 pts
>StormRaven Gunship- 200 pts

Totals out at 1849 pts

I find if you don't run 2 battlewagons it just dies, but I like it.
But wrecking ball

>Formations aren't detachments
>Derp
"Formations are a special type of Detachment"

From the section titled "Formations".

>horde of outflanking buggies
>a trukk full of concentrated rape
>another trukk of slightly less concentrated rape
>lets shoot the 14AV boxfull of core troops

60mm base models are a liability in zone mortalis - they can't even fit through a 1-tile wide gap.

Why are Tyranid units so damn expensive

points or bucks?

>Zone Mortalis
D-Cannon, Vibro Cannon platforms.

pretty sure they can ignore LoS

Warp Spiders and Scorpions would be alternatives, since teleport packs and infiltrating are extremely useful abilities in ZM.