What actions, situations, personalities, etc... make you honestly believe that a character is a good person?

What actions, situations, personalities, etc... make you honestly believe that a character is a good person?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_foundations_theory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone who thinks you use an ellipse after etc. is not a good person.

You bet

He praises others efforts

that's one sign of a good person

Where is the OP's pic from

Valkyrie Profile

Haidt's moral foundations could help guide you in making a character who can be considered a good or moral person.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_foundations_theory
>Care: cherishing and protecting others; opposite of harm.
>Fairness or proportionality: rendering justice according to shared rules; opposite of cheating.
>Liberty: the loathing of tyranny; opposite of oppression.
>Loyalty or ingroup: standing with your group, family, nation; opposite of betrayal.
>Authority or respect: obeying tradition and legitimate authority; opposite of subversion.
>Sanctity or purity: abhorrence for disgusting things, foods, actions; opposite of degradation.

Shame Badrach is so hard to use, like the bugger.

Any character who feels strongly about sanctity/purity as a moral value probably isn't a good person.

>my post modern acceptance of disgusting behaviour is morally correct and if you disagree you're proboboly a bad person

i know that feel, senpai

>Only post modernists believe something can be gross without being immoral.

Any time somebody runs into danger to save another life regardless of how stupid it is. I mean, even if it's so stupid it's jeopardizing the fate of the world. Because they may be stupid, but there's no way they're completely evil.

(I'm a sucker for cheesy stuff, sue me.)

my nigga

Would we be playing tabletop games if we WEREN'T suckers for cheese? Of both the storytelling and gamebreaking variety?

A deep, real, and enduring love of sex. I know it's silly, but I have a really hard time believing that anyone who really appreciates that can be a bad person.

Why is it bad if I sneeze on you? The chances of you catching something are incredibly slim, but you will view that as an immoral action.

People that sneeze on others are literally worse than Hitler.

This is an unmistakable fact.

I think mushrooms on pizza are gross, does that make mushrooms on pizza immoral?

Yes, because it is awful.

You're conflating "disgusting," "impure," "really gross," and "a little gross." If someone puts mushrooms on your pizza and they know you think that's gross, that's a little immoral. If someone urinated on your pizza, what kind of morality would you attribute to that action?