Have you ever had a character fall for someone by all means they should absolutely despise?

Have you ever had a character fall for someone by all means they should absolutely despise?

I'm not talking of succubi or daemons, I'm meaning more like the murderer of their family, or destroyed their entire way of life, or twisted a knife in them, yet for some other reason they become infatuated by them.

No, that's stupid drama funk and doesn't happen IRL outside of Helsinki syndrome.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Or is this a hot new meme

We had a shadowrunner fall in love with a corp exec once.

Did they reciprocate it?

Only slightly, tangentially related: I once ran a campaign in which the players started as level 0 peasants, and would role-play their way into their class of choice, based on the prologue.

One of the players, who had wanted to play a rogue (and assigned stats accordingly), became infatuated with a female acolyte NPC, and decided to join the clergy, and became a Cleric. With an 11 Wisdom. In 2nd Edition D&D.

Ended up being a fantastic character.

>implying

Might be part of a back story but I typically avoid romance during games. I don't relish the idea of the GM playing my girlfriend.

Assuming the mugger is the guy with the tats he's pretty handsome (except for the tats).

Did he get his phone back though?

As expected of eurabian cucks

My woodsman is happily married to a wood spirit he met at a young age, his entire reasoning for adventure is to rescue her and rescue the daughter* they had together.

*They would've had more, but the wood wife left shortly after the daughter's birth due to main plot shenanigans, which left my guy in quite the pickle.

I played a Dwarf who fell for an Elf.

That's nothing. I played a dwarf that turned INTO an elf.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame sure has been popular lately. I've been seeing Frollo all over Veeky Forums all day.

ALRIGHT, LISTEN TO ME YOU STUMP PROPORTIONED DENDROPHILE-PHILE. IF YOU GO ANY FURTHER WITH YOUR MENSTRUAL STAINED PUBLIC HAIR YOU CALL A BEARD, I'LL WRECK YOUR SHIT SO HARD THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO WALK WITH YOUR EFFEMINATE DICK. I'LL TAKE THAT PANSY LITTLE HAMMER OF YOURS AND BRAKE YOUR FUCKIN KNEECAPS. I'M GONNA TAKE THAT STALE GNAT PISS YOU CALL BEER AND FUCKIN DROWN YA IN IT. I'M GONNA TEAR YOUR ASS UP SO HARD, YOU'RE GONNA BE WISHING FOR AN ORK INSTEAD, YOU FUCKIN DWARVEN TWINK.

Back in highschool our DM always had the BBEG getting romantically/sexually involved with my characters, either willingly or by force, either played up seriously or for laughs. It was an in-joke refering to the fact that we were a couple at the time.

Samurai Jack as well, whoever is making the threads has pretty good taste

>murdered his family
>stole his phone
These look alike to you?

>implying I have anything else left besides my phone
Send help

He fell in love with the BBEG overtime, when they were together blasted to isolation and had only each other for company. She served alongside the former BBEG who had killed his family, and directly killed his mentor and some friends. It was a situation where after several years of surviving basically spending all their time together in a small cottage they built, they had come to know and understand one another well enough that they could get over animosity and just accept each other.

That, and being in sort of a vaguely Adam&Eve situation, they realized their predicament.

Those situations are the best. Was this all epilogue or did you play this in game?

It happens IG because it either rarely or never happens IRL

That's why it's so much fun to play, you dolt.

Yes. Our DM loves to NTR the PCs.

It's really stressful.

It was played out, sort of an interstitial between games, where the next campaign took place in the same setting. A little time after.

I feel the same though, it was a weird situation but I enjoyed it. Like under any circumstance they were mortal enemies, but suddenly exiled together to another planet basically as the only humanoids and no way of ever returning, it's like their problems and grudges were left behind same as their former lives. As I remember she actually said something along the lines of how everything she ever was or wanted to be, everything she did and everyone she knew, all of it may as well have not existed and it was like she died but her body didn't know it yet.

The general sentiment was, we spent so much time fighting and hating and none of it ended up mattering, we're tired of all if now so let's just try to survive instead.

Thank you for that picture it's fucking amazing

I can only imagine how either of them would tell their kids the story of "how I met your mum"

They made up stories together, and sort of made almost a fake religion out of their past, which ended up becoming the actual religion of their descendents.

Do you get annoyed when a dragon shows up because they never show up in real life?
Or is this autism selective?

You just described Molotov Cocktease's and Brock Samson's relationship.

We're aiding the war effort of our nation and we ended up capturing one of the enemy generals and coincidently, a cousin of the enemy royal family.

The Princess, seeing an opportunity to pull one on her uncle, a Duke who's acting steward since the king fell ill, she drugged both him and the prisoner awaiting ransom with a love potion.
Only screwed up which was where and my character was drugged instead of the Duke.

On the upside, interrogation is a lot easier when it's pillow talk and said General has defected to our side, though still under house arrest within our party's estate. which is oft ignored as we smuggle her out of there so she can join us on our adventures.
On the downside, the Duke is pissed that the ransom has fallen through and thinks we a conspiring against him.
Further isn't help by the fact we are both female which has put a bit of a strain on both my social and political standing in court.
The Princess's own standing as well as she's publicly supported the relationship, mostly to push the point that our union could help end the war.

Pic pretty much related.

Its not particularly rare. Just think of that one liberal reporter who got captured by muslims, raped repeatedly, made her family pay millions in ransom money... and then said she doesn't blame them for their action and that she keeps in touch with them on the internet.

Hey, it's the rape victim.
How you doing?