What ever happened to that souls inspired scifi game we where making...

What ever happened to that souls inspired scifi game we where making? I can't remember what it was called but it had a nice set of rules and a few pdfs were made for it.

Like every other case of "tg getting shit done", it ate shit and died.

It was called lost source, and desu it looked kinda cool, wish I had saved it and not just pinned the board

Just found the pdf

This is the latest revision I have saved

This is the most up-to-date version of the PDF. Ramming prow was added in the final update before Source-user (not his actual tag) went MIA.

>uninspired trash with bad writing based on an autismal videogame but with le epic twist xD
>obviously unfinished and abandoned half-way

As expected of Veeky Forums's fabled "creativity"

>Souls inspired
When will this meme die already?

It was actually created with the direct idea that it would have the same themes and ideas as bloodborne and dark souls.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

>obviously unfinished and abandoned half-way
Well the project suffered the curse of Veeky Forums (Read everyone lost interest and it fucking died), why do you think it looks so half baked you utter troglodyte?

Since when is having a source of inspiration a meme?

The last Source thread was actually pretty active, IIRC. Playtests were happening and everything.

Source-user took some feedback and slated an update for the following Sunday, but he never showed back up.

The problem is not that this particular brew is shit but that all Veeky Forums brews are shit, precisely for the reason that you've so helpfully outlined.

That being said, it's not the sole or even the main reason. The main reason is that a bunch of fat, brainless escapists on the internet who consider fantasy and modern sci-fi to be anything but trashy, brainless entertainment are in principle incapable of creating something worthwhile. Dixi

I guess he got tired of having to update the thing on his own. I still see someone with his name show up now and again. It's a shame, he could have asked for help. I'm not good with rules, but I would have gladly offered to format and fluff the PDF.

What if I do consider it trashy brainless entertainment, but also enjoy it for what it is?

Well, at least we're honest then. Although personally I cannot get my mind around people still playing pretend - and even inventing weird numerical "systems" to justify it - well in their late 20s and 30s.

Personally I cannot get my mind around people still kicking balls around fields and even inventing weird "sports" to justify it - well in their late 20s and 30s.

And don't say exercise, because you can exercise at the gym without any of the pretense.

Being inspired by dark souls is a meme

Are you perhaps on the wrong board? This is literally the escapism board, and we like fantasy and scifi here.

Those kinds of posts are very confusing

Maybe their shitposter guise is just a way to promote activity in a thread

"We" weren't making anything. It was one mans dream, which he talked about on Veeky Forums. Don't know if he ever did anything with it.

I don't remember anyone other than him writing for it. I think it was just him.

Even then, there were plenty of people pitching ideas and mocking up supplementary fluff. It was a really promising project. Shame it died.

Besides Night Light, which got published a few months ago

Leave.

Why the fuck are you in Veeky Forums
Seriously, leave.

someone finished Night Light?

Thought that Veeky Forums projects started here and then migrated elsewhere when they needed to be the focus of everyone in it to succeed.

Wait, seriously? Good to know.