Warhammer 40k General

Orkz Don't WAAC, They Rule Lawyer Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CmHCSjKjOoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I KLAIM DIS FREAD FOR IMMORKAN JOE

youtube.com/watch?v=CmHCSjKjOoc

Someone fight me right now.

Nth for a flat "this is the number you need to roll or exceed" stat system would be better than the current system for both WS and BS

It'll be hated cause AoS did it and everybody hates it.

What is the absolute minimum way for me to run a unit of Incubi + Archon.

Archon is optional if he requires additional shit

>a fire warrior should have the same chance at landing a blow on a guardsman than on the avatar of khaine

Honestly, there should be a d6+D20 table to make everything easier to balance. D6 for for general rolls and shit and d20 for melee/ dmg

No, you're gutting the Weapon Skill interaction system because the current system doesn't do enough. That's asinine. Just make it so that Weapon Skill matters more.

It's retarded that a model would have equal chances of hitting a Fire Warrior, a Space Marine, and a Keeper of Secrets.

You mean while keeping battleforged bonuses or what?

This person is a necron and cannot be trusted!

Fuck

How did you do that

>orkz don't Waac
Y'all haven't met my buddy
His newest way to cheese orks is the ghaz death star with another meganobz Death Star in the ghaz decurion for every turn waaagh

But... If getting a get makes your post true... and your post says that you shouldn't be trusted...

What do I believe?

>Which is better value for money and gameplay.
>The lets play tau or necron box?
>can I play a combat mobile suit tau army?
>can basic necrons still wound anything in the game?

wat

>

How...

FAQ Draft for Sisters, Militarum Tempestus and Astra Militarum are up in 40k facebook page!

>get script
>ask for post to post on specific number
>write the number in

That's how. Technically it's a bannable offence if he used a script. The other option is he got lucky.

How many points do you guys play.
And why don't you ignore the slow moving (or kill the fragile transport) deathstar and kill the rest of the army that must be barebones to support two deathstars in an orkurion

Gauss weapons can hurt anything in the game. Every single thing in this game will fall to enough sixes.

Yes, while Bforged. They have special detachments but I don't have books in front of me and being mobile makes it tough to DL from the mega

Oh, and Inquisition

>caring about meme armies
>caring about meme updates

Toppest of kekeros.

Scripts don't work anymore.

I'd say Tau.
75 bucks for 3 Crisis vs 85 bucks for 3 Crisis, 10 Warriors, and an Ethereal.

Play Firesight. Take Crisis as Troops

Yes Gauss glances / wounds anything on a 6

Exactly what a script user WOULD say.

either allied detachment of covenite coterie (2hqs + 2elites)

>Sisters
Who? Female space marines?

>Yes Gauss glances / wounds anything on a 6
So it wounds anything on a 6 to wound then?

>75 bucks for 3 Crisis vs 85 bucks for 3 Crisis, 10 Warriors, and an Ethereal.
>Play Firesight. Take Crisis as Troops

Is this army actually any good?

No astra militarum that I see, only the tempestus.

If only they would release a faq that said "yeah shit we really fucked up the guard decurion"

>Firesight
He's the sniper drone sitter. You meant Farsight, right?

>S3
>T3
>'female' SM

nah, just some crazy nuns with big investiment from the clergy...

Damn, sorry. I guessed they'd launch MT and AM FAQs together

I got really upset when I only saw the one questing being about scions and an HQ being used. Then i read that it was only scions.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A DECURION

The more I read the Games Workshop FAQ's, the more I realize that GW doesn't actually fucking understand what the players expect from an 'FAQ'. They're supposed to fix the fucking game, not break them for literally everyone.

Pic Related, OLD BULLSHIT NOW RETURNED WITH THE FAQ. TAU PLAYERS MAY NOW START CRYING.

So does relentless no longer allow you to fire rapid fire weapons as if you are stationary? That seems... stupid.

>FAQ for SoB and Scions
>These aren't meme armies

Jesus fucking Christ. When SoB get an update, give me a call, but they aren't getting it this year. Despite that tripfag going "it's totes happening!" the next 6 months have been 'leaked' and don't include SoB.

>are my plasma rifles considered plasma weapons guys

jesus christ
fucking tau players

>Are Tau Empire Plasma Rifles also plasma weapons?

Oh my god... HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAAHHAAHA

the covenite coterie has a very restricted list of units that can be included in it

Usually 1850
Obv against proper cheese armies (crons eldar tau) it kind of folds but he still try's to cheese orks but he's aware that they aren't at the top (but refuses to acknowledge they are shit tier)

A specific army type which give bonuses if you run the formations that make it up.

But that's good. Inquisition now back to being auto-ally takes!

Read the newest Necron codex

Dude, that makes sense. And I'm a Tau player. In fact, that item should affect everything that works as plasma (like Eldar Sun weaponry), not only 'Plasma' named stuff

what?
Your complaining that they define things that say 'plasma' as being plasma?

Note how it no longer says in its name "or description". Pulse rifles no longer affected by plasma syphon
and amusingly neither are the eldar plasma weapons which are most definitely plasma weapons

So does this mean the Baleflamer is a flamer cause it has the word flamer in it? :^)

As for this, does that mean the R'varna Plasma weapon gets bonuses from the Ethereal boost? :^)

Tell me about it. Imagine if they had brought back the old ruling where pulse weapons counted as plasma weapons as well.

Good thing starcannons don't have plasma in the name.

No this isn't like before.

Before it was a shitfest because Starcannons and PULSE weapons were considered plasma as well.
This only means weapons with plasma in the name get affected by it which actually makes sense.

I'm guessing it affects bioplasma again which is pretty stupid but hardly the biggest of the Nids problems.

Hmm, Culexus Etherium now negates any kind of BS improvement against him.

R'varna has a pulse weapon.

This list?
Next six months:

>40K
Warzone Fenris Pt.2
Rubric Marines
CSM Revamp
Codex Genestealer Cults
Codex Deathwatch

>Age of Sigmar
General’s Handbook
Realm of Battle Board
Summer Campaign
Sylveneth
Steelhead Duardin
Tzeentch stuff
Shadowkin
-----------------------
There's no way that's all coming out in the next six months. That would be extremely busy even without the second HH boardgame that's supposedly coming out this year.

user are you from 2006? rapidfire changed years ago

Condemnor bolt guns got a nice buff. Now they might be useful.

Still disappointed that commissars don't get voice of command in MilTemp tho.

>Culexus Etherium now negates any kind of BS improvement against him.
as well as any bonus to harnessing warp charges like the eldar seer council (and assumedly librarius conclave)

>implying the plasma syphon matters jack fucking shit with all the AP2 flying around

oh look a fire prism
oh look dead terminators

6 months is about 24 weeks. So, it depends on how many weeks each thing gets.

It could also have, say, AoS Handbook + board on the same week. It's perfectly doable.

He only gets better and better. I might get one.

Did Repentia ever get useful? They're pointless at their current cost.

Acts of Faith being one use is still stupid as fuck.

Knowing GW they prob nerfed the Exorcists.

Did you even bother to read the FAQs? or are you just complaining baselessly on an assumption?

>no admech
:'-(

So they make the best assassin better? Yet the Vindicare will be fucking meh still. Eversor as well.

I miss perma ++ remover ;_;

No, that's why I asked the question and ended with a statement.

As for 'baselessly on an assumption'. Seeing as how SoB got nerfed hard in 6th, I'm not basing it on an assumption. I'm basing it on fucking evidence.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING SOURCE

They didn't even touch them. And now Canonesses can get Eviscerators

Have snipers ever been good?

Tyranids certainly have their weaknesses, but they're still fun as fuck to play. A lot of the Nid shitposting here comes from closet vorefags who don't care about anything but hiding their fetish, whom you should never play with in the first place.

Tyranids not only have the best fluff, but are the most fun to model and paint since bitz from any army can be used, or even toy dinosaurs from childhood or other HR Giger merch can be used and it fits the Tyranid 'Ayylien' theme and you'll get a lot of props for awesome conversions especially among Jurassic Park fans.

Nids have a lot of varied playstyles from hordes of Gaunts to Carnifex pod rushes and ripper swarms to Lictorshame and Nidzilla to a 'Sporeband' (Spore Mines everywhere) and even more. While the newest updates for their army made them worse while everyone got better, Tyranids can still excel.

Tyranid shooting is not superb bar a few awesome units like the Exocrine, Biovore, Stealer cultists, Hive guard. But unless you're an unevolved troglodyte who rejects the Four-Armed Emperor, you'll have so much Shots that bs3 begins to shine

Tyranid Melee, say what you will about lack of Bio-weapon options, is brutal. One brick of Warriors collides into anything, That's going to hurt.

Don't bother waiting for a new edition, if you like the army, play it! I started Tyranids like a year ago and I don't regret anything.
Do I win every game? No. No i don't.
Do I have a fucking blast? Only if i field the Bio-Blast Node Formation!

If you want a more in-line and balanced book for the Tyranids, there's always spamming Skyblight

why dont you just go read the FAQ then and find out, instead of sitting here complaining about shit you haven't taken the effort to learn yourself

This is what people use the fucking FAQ for.

No wonder GW made AoS. Even that's probably to fucking complex for these drooling retards.

>if the weapon has plasma in the name it is a plasma weapon

GUYS
GUYS
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?
A bale flamer IS a flamer weapon. Suck it chaos, Salamanders win again!

supposedly BOLS.
So don't believe it.

Because I'm not in a position to do so at the moment. But thanks for being rude. Unlike who answered the question.

Don't bother replying. I won't give you your (You).

[devil's advocate]
Where does it say that a flamer weapon is any weapon with flamer in its name? that only applies to plasma, and technically only for the plasma siphon

When they auto pinned

How could this possibly be a frequently asked question

Does GW not know what the acronym actually stands for

They've set a precedence.
They have ruled that
>Weapons with plasma in the name are plasma weapons
So it only makes sense that
>Weapons with flamer in the name are flamer weapons

This is -literally- the dumbest thing I have seen.

My favorite is 4x flying hive tyrants.

Precedence in a game isn't something that people really calls for. Unless such a specific rule shows up, people will debate this precedence validity.

I'd stick to what the rules are saying.

>*Straw clutching intensifies*

YOUR SOULS ARE AS DELICIOUS AS YOUR TEARS, LOYALIST

It was actually explicitly said in the BRB FAQs that only the weapon that are under the "Flamer" section in the rulebook or the codices are considered flamers, so no FnP for you and me

well to be fair , yarrick is listed on the webstore under MT aswell which could cause confusion

I don't get it. The guy literally wanted greenlight to do shit he wanted legally.

If that is a FAQ then my only guess is that the truly complex or broken shit just flies over their head.

And yet people said that WHFB wasn't complicated and deep and even kids could understand it. This is a FAQ. This means many people asked this question. They cannot get basic shit right, yet somehow rank bonuses, reforming, stand and shooting, counter-charging and flanking shit was somehow 'not complicated'.

Predict new FAQs:

>I have a unit with BS 3 shooting at another unit. According to the Rulebook I hit them on a roll of 4+. Does that mean that every roll of 4's, 5's and 6's count as a hit?

Yet he isn't in the fucking codex. So you can't fucking use him. The codex lists what HQ's you can use. Yarrick isn't one of them.

There is no confusion.

>Turn up to tournament
>You can't use Yarrick in MT army, he isn't in the book
>b-b-b-b-but he's on s-s-s-sale in the MT s-s-s-ection on G-G-GW so I c-c-can!

no reason to get so fucking defensive user i'm not justifying it

also it was probably the only question they got about militarum tempestus and they wanted to give them a picture of their own and pretend they haven't dropped the faction harder than skillrex

>sometime tried to argue that a plasma rifle isn't a plasma weapon
Wasn't the issue over whether or not pulse weapons were plasma weapons?

If that's the case... Fuck me.

It makes me worried, user. It makes me fear GW goes "We get these stupid fucking questions, this shit is suppose to be simple, yet here we go yet again... Best to AoSify 40k as well!" and then people throw a shitfit cause 100 people on Veeky Forums can actually play the game while 99.9% of the other playing population struggle with such basic concepts as "use what is in your codex"

The dice chart system is not why people hated AoS.

And it's some maximum level retard asking if he can run an IG HQ instead of a tempestor prime in a MT detachment. So retarded that he doesn't just run Yarrick and stick him with an elite choice Temp command squad.

Facebook........

>"yeah shit we really fucked up the guard decurion

it's fine though

Daemons could be interesting as the polar opposite lore wise. I personally love the ork/GK contrast.

Ork cheese is the waxy American cheese to the Tau's Dublin cheddar. Hard to really compare them.

I'm sure there is lots of reasons and WHFB outsold 40k and GW are just evil Jews.

But when you have shit like this you have to wonder if it didn't die cause it was mind rending in it's complexity.

It's from the same group of people that, in a questions thread, asked something like a thousand time when they will be making a new CSM/Tyranids/Orks codex

But how

Do you think Remora drones will get the Death in the Skies update from Cyraxus?
I hope so, I would play my Tau if it meant doing a maximum flyer force.