To all you poor saps hyping Nahiri: I'm better

To all you poor saps hyping Nahiri: I'm better.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/story/planeswalkers
youtube.com/watch?v=tcOV68Gx1YU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who are all these people even?
Like, yeah, I get it, the metaplot of MtG is about some superhero magical dudes fighting each other, but literally who are all these people?

Who? The Jacetice league, or Nahiri?

The whole Planeswalkers business.
I don't mean in general, I mean who are the people that are involved in it, what do they do, and why do they even associate with each other.

superhero magic dudes, frequently shortened to "planeswalker" are the role players take in mtg. the characters in the metaplot specifically come from very diverse backgrounds, literally I think only two pairs of the current roster share the same origin world. gideon, OP's little man was born on the notGreek world from a recent block but when his hubris got his entire adoptive family/friends killed he hopped ship to a plane made of justice and knights which for some reason he left to go galavanting around the multiverse saving whoever asked nicely.

Nahiri is a kor, basically albinos without the bad side, and males have catfish barbels because reasons. she was a planeswalker in ye olden times, and was part of the first superfriends league who sealed away an ancient planet devoiring evil, but that went tits up on like three different levels, and she got peeved at an ex partner after the first fuckup, and has ony recently (like thousands of in universe years later) started exacting terrible revenge against said partner.

gideon has nothing directly to do with nahiri, but they're both white, so I guess OP thinks that's enough?

cheap knock offs of Marvel Heroes

So basically Gideon=Thor and Nahiri=Loki?

there are over a dozen named planeswalkers and going into each specifically would be a long story. there are a number of related and unreleated story threads between the lot of them. for details check magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/story/planeswalkers

here are the high points:
Nicol bolas: one of the first dragons. like, ever. he's egomaniacle and everything he does is toacquire more power, including losing and dooming the multiverse, all of it is part of his master plan and all of it might hopefully make him more powerful. he jerked jace and liliana around a bit, made sarkhan vol crazy and tezzeret is his bitch.
tezzeret: he's an asshole who wants to be stronger and better but can't catch a break. bolas's lackey

Ugin, sorin, nahiri: OG superfirends, they sealed the eldrazi, world eating eldrich monsters. as soon as they were successful ugin and sorin buggered off while nahiri babysat. as soon as shit went wrong they were supposed to regroup but no one did, nahiri got pissed and went to find out what happened. no one knew what she did in the interim until reacently, but current events are: she's pissed.
sarkhan vol: born on ugin's home plane, he's gay for dragons. he fou d bolas, thought he was the best thing ever, the. bolas made him go batshit, the. he helped ruin the whole eldrazi thing, the he went home because the voices in his head told him to, he went back in time to make it so ugin didn't die thousands of years ago, but made his hone plane subjugated by dragons. he is now a living paradox who is super excited to be subjugated by dragons

Garruk and ob nixilis: both are planeswalkers cursed by a magic artifact called the chain veil. ob came first, he liked putting entire worlds in a headlock at telling them to call him daddy. met nahiri while she was babysitting and she shut his ass down. no more planeswalking or being a flying demon or enjoying life at all. recent events with eldrazi have gotten back to being a walker, but he'd rather be human than a demon, so there's that. garruk got cursed by the veil's current owner, but is experiencing all the effects that the veil's owner is supposed to suffer: becoming a demon and murderfucking everything
liliana vess: current owner of the chain veil. a giant bitch and necromancer, once fucked jace beleren, scared of dying, she made a contract with four demons. now she's half way through killing said demons to free herself from her own bad decisions. she's made other bad decisions since though, so the cycle continues.

the gatewatch: gideon, chandra, jace, nissa. they all come from different places. jace and chandra have run across each other while doing stupid shit that diesn't matter for various planar entities. similarly chandra and gideon were on opposite sides of an inter-planar organization's wanted list. jace and chandra and sarkhan broke the eldrazi seal, then all three ran like hell. sorin tried to fix it at the last moment but nissa ruined it all, mostly out of spite. gideon was basically just there, but decided he had to save the world from eldrazi anyway, because that's the kind of guy he is. he convinced jace to be responsible for his actions, and both of them failed to convince chandra. however later guilt convinced chandra, so the four of them go to stop the eldrazi with hope and a prayer and a little advice from ugin, and despite interference by ob nixilis. now officially the protagonist team of the metaplot, jace is currently trying to follow up with sorin but everything is fucked up (see: nahiri is pissed).

no gideon is thor and nahiri is darkseid

I'd liken her more to Typhoid Mary, but that's me.

youtube.com/watch?v=tcOV68Gx1YU

This is Nahiri

i'm not much of a /co/mrade and I needed someone from a different universe who could dick punch a whole world, I'm sure it wasn't as apt as absolutely possible.

Well, she's not as powerful as Nahiri but still a walking disaster zone. Definitely someone you don't want coming around your neighbourhood

Planeswalkers are you and everyone else playing magic. Any lore character thats important is also one.

>is literally invulnerable
>wears armor

Gideon looks literally nothing like that, are the artists even paying attention?

When you're literally invulnerable, you can wear whatever you want. It just so happens that what he wants to wear is armor, possibly because it looks cool or shows some kind of solidarity with less-invincible soldiers he's leading or whatever.

>Jacetice league,
That's disrespectful

>>is literally invulnerable
>>wears armor
>covered in metal so he can hit ne'er do wells with himself

>anyone but pic related being Darkseid

Nahiri is the fallen hero, bent on revenge.

regardless of what she is, she is definatly far, far more powerful than any of the other walkers sans Sorin.

considering what Sorin did in this latest UR, and the fact he is VERY VERY hesitant to fight Nahiri 1v1 and is instead getting an army of vampires in on it, says something about her.

>regardless of what she is, she is definatly far, far more powerful than any of the other walkers sans Sorin.
Ugin and Nicol Bolas are more powerful, arguably Karn too. But yeah, Sorin and Nahiri are both close to the top of Magic's power scale.

"No matter how high his DR, no putting the Dwarf in a catapult and flinging him at the enemy castle." -Things Mr. Welsh is no longer allowed to do in an RPG.

His invincibility is an active power, he has to be conscious and focus to keep it up.

So Nahiri is essentially MTG's equivalent of Bass from Megaman EXE?