S'up Veeky Forums, I am running a sci-fi campaign...

S'up Veeky Forums, I am running a sci-fi campaign, and I am want to introduce a sadistic serial killer with a hobby for building torture devices as a villain for my players to thwart. What sort of creative torture devices could be feasible for a soft sci-fi setting? I'd like them to be reasonably realistic, though feel free to go wild with your imagination.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EK65_PpEVzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I am want to
Oops, I meant to write "I want to". My bad.

A buttplug that plays "I saw the sign" from Ace of Bass at 80 decibles and can't be removed without surgery.

So even long after the victim is dead, he still gets to torture the investigators. Brilliant.

I would assume a more pin-point and sophesticated version of the The Active Denial System (ADS). Its literally a pain-ray, that uses harmless microwave radiation to directly stimulate your nerves in a pain that has been discribed by people as being doused in boiling oil.

It is non-lethal, has no lasting effects, and ends the very second the beam is removed.

Crank that to 11, and focus it on their dick.

>sadistic serial killer
box grater + lemon juice
>torture devices
would be the tools found in the kitchen or garage. a purpose built torture device is explicit evidence
>sci-fi setting
the tools and techniques used to torture 1000 years ago can/are still used today. not much changes beyond the knowledge of where to inflict pain and the material of the tools used

have you heard of abdominal debulking? a killer that does that to their victims (they think they're helping them) would be pretty terrifying

Some type of oxygen deprivation device. Like that pod thing from Deadpool.

One of those devices from A Clockwork Orange, playing Steven Universe episodes.

> suturing with metal staples
youtube.com/watch?v=EK65_PpEVzA

Just hook a field telephone up to their nuts and play phone-a-friend OP

The Agony Matrix, a device which causes direct electrochemical stimulation of pain receptors in order to cause someone immense, excruciating, unbearable pain without causing injury, allowing the pain to continue indefinitely.

Icyhot on the genitals

Dirt, salt, bleach.

insert a really tiny earpiece deep inside of the PCs ear, then have it play static on random intervals. Not loud enough do do hearing damage, but often enough to prevent sleep or long enough to cause migraines and distract them from other tasks.

Total deprivation chamber. Have an oblong, insulated metal tube on its side, and fill it with a saline solution. The water is heavier due to the salt, so humans can float weightlessly in it. The tube is insulated so no sound or light can enter or leave.

Now inject someone with a sedative and lock them in there. The absolute, complete sensory denial sill drive someone mad. They won't even be able to feel due to being weightless in the solution.

literally the only good idea to come out of Brian Herbert's abortions he called Dune sequels.

SAO.

No, seriously. They're put in a videogame from which they can't escape, and in which they suffer from everything.

The game could be some sort of silent hill-ish thing.

If you want it to be very sci-fi related, it could be a brain hacker that puts people in personal hells, maybe at first they dont know, and of course you could have all kinds of crazy lazers and shit, but something i think is super horrific is the idea you're hooked up to healing machines so you're always able to come back even from things that should kill you, unending torture and of course the healing could be purposefully fucked up so you heal but become more freakish and or sensitive each time...

A really humid room.

Hack a person's ocular implants. Have them see a dead loved one out of the corner of their eye or in the midst of a crowd, wherever they go, without end.

How about a piano with each key set to stimulate a different nerve ending? You could play a concert while you torture.

Insert a device into one ear, piercing through the ear drum. It randomly increases and decreases the pressure within that one ear drum, leading to a loss of balance, severe nausea, and headaches. Have it connect to their nervous system to supply electrical power by hooking through the ear canal.

Lock them into a chair that slowly drills into the bone marrow of the radius and ulna, going up the length of the forearm. They did a study a while back that entailed that and they had to wake the poor sucker up after he passed out so they could get feedback. It also weakens the bones so you could break them very easily, with say, a ball pein hammer.

A device that uses hypersonic waves to create stress fractures in the victims bones. Use that in their legs and let them try running away.

Shave away at their tendons and ligaments.