What are some of the best moments that have happened in your guys campaigns

What are some of the best moments that have happened in your guys campaigns.

Hang tight puppers

Rolling a nat20 to throw my sword at a creature my gladiator was fighting in the arena in Dark Sun.

Aimed it at the open mouth, rolled the 20, classic "slide to a stop dead mere inches from me".

Daario?

Escaping the giant skeleton full of regular skeletons by figuring out the were moving to the beat of a nealy inaudible song and "dancing" to it, renderibg us indestinguishible from the skeletons to their senses

>The party's ranger took a risk in swimming through an underwater cavern, to find a pocket of air on the other side. Inside the cavern, he found a magical gauntlet of a long dead sorcerer-king. Afterwards, they used it to fight the Dark Lord Manthus, stealing his sword and saving several slave girls
>They found a magical Longship that carried them across a subterranean sea, to the pit of Emeraldos, The Worm Wizard. Once there, they fought him, and searched his lair for the entrance to "The Lightless Land".
>Upon finding The Tomb of Jarl Krevanek, they fought an elemental Titan, and solved the riddle to enter. Once inside, the party's Cleric found the tomb to a priest of his faith, where he was granted a mystical shield by his goddess. They used it to fight a board of mummified slaves of the Jarl.
>Once in The Lightless Land, they navigated a mazelike prehistoric forest, where they fought beastly savages, and found an ancient castle of the Draconic Knights. There, they planned an ambush on the leader of the knights, and his minotaur manservant.
>their ambush having failed, they flee to find shelter in the nearby city of Langmoor, where they hire a small army of mercenaries to help them siege the castle, and behead the Minotaur.
>Now, they're currently trying to find where the leader of the Draconic Knights went.

Damn thats sounds action packed.

That's the way I run 'em, senpai!

I got to watch one of my player's faces when I told him that he had to kill the messiah equivalent so that the universe wouldn't seek entropy by creating an equal and opposite force to create balance
That was fun

storytime?

Actually, I forgot!
>At the beginning of the campaign, they found an abandoned mansion called "The Plagued Manse of Clarisse". While investigating, the mage found a (randomly generated) scroll of "Ward Against Sea Monsters". To which the party all laughed and thought, "it's unlikely we'll use that."
>Later, as they're in the Longship, they were attacked by a massive tentacles creature from the black depths. Admittedly, I forgot all about the scroll, party's mage suddenly got really excited, ran to the front of the ship and cast the spell, actually saving them from certain death.
>Also, despite his luck in the underwater cavern, the Ranger met his demise when triggering a trap I described as, "An old stone door, with magical runes of fire inscribed upon it. The floor before it looks to be covered in scorch marks."
>The party's fighter lost the fingers on his left hand, trying to catch himself from falling down a well that's walls were covered in "Animated carvings of human faces". He caught on for a second, but then had his fingers bit off by the eerie carvings.

This.

Absolutely fucking based worldbuilding right there bruv.

Call me an old braggart, but I've been running and writing campaigns for 20+ years!

I have quite a few tales to tell, from various adventures I watched unfold at the table.

"I stare into the void"
"The Void stares back"
20 minutes of laughter.

>Party is on a year-long sail to stop BBEG from ruining everything with something no one understands
>Stops by Totally Not The UK in order to buy supplies and stop staring at the ocean for a bit
>They're chilling by the streets when a nobleman gets murdered
>Nobleman's noblebrother is upset by this and dislikes the city guard's lack of competence
>Sees group of foreigners with pointy sticks and shiny bell ends and decides maybe they're better at it
>Hires party to investigate murder, Poirot style
>Asks what their profession is
>Party wizard, a gnome named Jebdo says they're travelling bakers, Jebdo's Jab Dough
>Nobleman is too old for this shit
>Eventually party solves murder, dead brother was sad his wife died and wanted to bring her back with the help of the local friendly cultists but gets stabbed for being a cunt
>Bread starts becoming a theme
>Gnome begins making business cards and promoting his yet-to-be-founded business almost everywhere the party went, including advertising in a town comprised of friendly undead.
>At the end of the campaign, the gnome retires back to his home and becomes a baker.

>Ten years pass ingame
>Party, mostly new characters, are part of multiple envoys to a Pharaoh's feast and celebration
>The bread is Jebdo's
>Jebdo is there
>Jebdo is love

Keep going mang

If this were normiebook, I'd "like" this post.

It's always great to have recurring characters and cast.

Not sure if you know what 'bell ends' means, or your playing a very strange campaign

I just really wanted to say bell end to represent the magic users' magic stuff. Because, you know.

Stopped a dragon's acid breath that would have hit the entire party by shoving a fireball down the dragon's throat with Celerity.

killed a gnome by picking it up by the ankles and slamming it down facefirst

I threw my bastard sword and crit'd. I skewered a giant spider to a wall, where it became helpless so I could coup de grace it. This was 4E, which has a feat which gives a bonus to intimidate when you crit (or was it when you kill?), so I used that to intimidate a kobold into being my servant. He later became my squire.

Long-running Pathfinder game came to a screeching halt when the DM tried to mix his groups of friends together and they didn't mesh well. He decided the best way to end the campaign was to have the gods of Chaos and Law pit our party against each other in some MOBA-style arena after auto-leveling us to level 20, mythic tier 10.
The whole "match" was about as clunky as one would expect. We duked it out for a few rounds, then my Scarred Witch-Doctor decided he'd had enough and it was time to call it quits. He used some space-travelling bubble thing that PF mythic gives you and tells his team to hop on-board.
My team's gunslinger has had it out with a guy playing a diplomancer bard the entire campaign and he tells me to hold up a second. He uses some silly shopping rule the DM implemented for this final session where you could sell anything you had and buy consumables and they'd instantly be transferred to an infinitely big bag of holding.
Gunslinger sells everything on him and passes a note to the DM then tells me to stop the space-travel bubble over the enemy bard before we warp out.
The bard's gloating at the victory and illusions a massive hand above him flicking us off.
Gunslinger then turns his bag of holding inside-out over the bard and 880 wasp nests fall out of it and crash on top of him.
Overall the session was a flop, but the image of a 2-year campaign ending with the asshole bard being stung to death by 880 wasp swarms while me and the gunslinger speed off into space was pretty damn satisfying.

>player tells me his character is an exiled elf prince who wants to return home and save his homeland
>I don't like this shit because I'm a no-fun dick
>tell him "alright", and work it into the campaign
>he doesn't abuse his royal status
>he actually just role plays it well
>decide to grant him his coup
>have one of the king's guards approach him in another nation, and ask him to head a coup
>"there's something I must do first. I will meet you there in one week."
>he travels for days to reach a city we'd visited [real life] months ago
>goes into the magic shop they visited once
>asks the human shop owner to marry him
>"haha, what? Where are you going with this? Let's move things along man, quit screwing around. We've been focused on your character for a while now."
>"... I just like her."

>tumblr

Aside from that, it's bretty gud.

>playing tibbit assassin/rogue
>walking through dark dungeoun
>murk a couple trolls
>next room
>oh shit iron golem
>running.exe
>golem chases party out of dungeon
>run in circles until we decide what to do
>jump on its back and pour metal ball bearings down the holes its poison gas comes out
>yeehaw.gif
>get poisoned
>CON at 1
>pass out and don't die
>party necromance catches me with magic shieeet idk
So now we've got an iron golem we're fixing up, and my orphan army is going to learn how to pilot it.

I dropped a road roller on a supervillain, one-shotting him.

Nigga, did she accept!?

Yeah.

But user, if he is capable of, required to, kill the messiah, isn't HE the equal and opposite force?

>Camping innawoods on our way from town to town
>Start cooking the deer the ranger killed earlier
>Time passes
>"You hear wolves howling"
>Manage to locate the howls
>One coming north
>Many from the south
>Tie meat to arrow
>Get ranger to shoot south, goes over wolves, they follow smell and divert from campsite
>Northern wolf comes follows smell
>Comes into clearing where campsite is
>It's a direwolf
>Charges
>"I roll to grapple"
>End up suplexing it into the fire

>GMing Dark Heresy
>Party infiltrates into a hive gang hideout
>Look for someone, another Inquisition acolyte who went MIA
>He's being tortured by the gang for info, because they think he's the member of a rival gang
>Party intervenes and tries to save him
>They fight the guards and the torturer
>The torture is some kind of psycho serial killer masochist, basically a slaanesh cultist in the making
>The torturer uses a pair of poisoned razors as weapon
>At the climax of the fight, i make the torturer lick one of his razor menacingly
>The player laugh, i forgot the blades were poisoned
>They expect me to rectify
>"Tell ya what, My fault, i forgot, he licks the blade"
>fails his thoughness save
>"I shouldn't have done that" (cit.)
>Torturer poisons himself

Many keks were had, and the fight was hard enough regardless.

I plan to make the torturer come back further into the campaign, this time as a full fledged slaaneshi

Only thought of this

>Star Wars d6
>Sue to the extremely lucky rolls, involving several exploding dice in a row, fellow PC survived a direct shot from a spaceship, with no damage at all
>on two separate occasions
>armed with merely a basic protective jacket
>the GM gave him a nickname "tankchest" and made him a living legend
>so we hyped the shit out of him and every time the heavy guns were involved, we took the opportunity to make It yet another story about the tankchested man
>so much later, when a Sith boss rolled poorly on lighsaber damage against him, his already fragile mind got completely destroyed, allowing us to wreck his shit

It must be a special kind of feeling when you're a special guest at some Hutt's place and you're being introduced as that guy who tanked several starships AND a goddamn lighsaber

I was jealous as fuck

This is all hype as shit. This is pure, unadulterated fantasy ADVENTURE.

I fucking love It

This was a 3 year campaign that was mentioned to represent our party as the grew from young murderhobos to valued and influential members of their chosen life paths, when the group saved the day the hero's would pursue their own goals until shit hit the fan again after so many years

Party was:blue blood mage who wanted to restore something or other
Dragonborn chick who wanted to join a church and be a holy crusader paladin type

Barbarian orc who was basically a fallout 2 intelligence-1 chosen one

Gnome bard who wanted to start a bard guild or something

Assassin who wanted to make assassins Creed, except not -later died horribly

Made a guy with the intention of being lively rapport to the blue blood noble mage who's likely get the leader spotlight
A quarter-henderson potential of derailment to get shit going when it got too bogged in nobility snore-fest
Ormazd is of heavily Arabian design, kinda like a bald Prince of Persia, but random roll charts gave him sanscrit designs on his body and made him an Arctic tribe orphan
Highlights include
>starting a mercenary company because he had too much dosh(the gnome was copperless)
>buying a cursed scroll that would give him mild pyromancy because he wanted to have fire abilities, ignored the instructions, then exploded 2 turns later after a failed will roll, then fleeing the town hairless and naked(later discovered it would make him go more insane as he used it
>leading the now massive mercenary company on a campaign to find the blue blood protag wizard because he owed Ormazd an enchanted pair of boots that would not melt every time he failed a will check, the wake of such rich and well armed soldiers making towns flow with gold over night from providing for the colomn as bandits were murdered for lawful fun peasants began contacting my captains asking for vassalization
>getting into a war on the back end of the column with the pissed small time King who wants his vassal towns back

>leave the column to its own devices to go help the party barbarian re-enact what turned out to be basically Conan II
>fail will check(GM's fault I swear) when finally he catches wizard
>destroys the wizards fledgling blue blood wizard hogwarts in the ensuing fiery rage-splosion
>"oh hellfire, James I'm dying, pull this spike outta me "
>"you just destroyed my life's work up till now and my future"
>"You still owe me those boots FUCKER"
>blue blood teleports away, leaving his academy and pupils to their fates in the burning inferno
>wake up cradled in the arms of a certain Dragonborn lady
>insert wonderfully rp'd scenes where she cares for the valiant lunatic who screamed his voice away cauterizing the hole in his kidney, while trying to subtly explain her feelings for said valiant yet blunt lunatic
>get carried like a backpack as Dragonborn answers a summons to action from big bags
>she arrives to the scene of a castle under siege by mercenary forces who are trying to rescue peasants in the castle being murdered by a desperate Lord daily

>merc company becomes outer heaven with more people

In the sake of boredom
>biggest kindgom lays under siege from massive undead army
>party grudgingly comes together to save the world from undeath
>avert end times
>cpaign rap-up feast Held by the king
>Dragonborn convinces bahamut it's OK for her to date rape ormazd(I'm amazed she made those rolls, really.
>get kidnapped by a secret sect just before happily ever after scene
>sect reveals ormazd to have fulfilled the prophecy of the maddened flame
>ormazd murders his his way through the monks as the scroll seared into his flame handbegins expanding up his body, making the sandscrit tats word into prophecy lines and glow
>game ends with ormazd screaming in rage, pain, and desperation as he explodesthe second he gets to his tied up party on an altar platform
In the view of Dragonborn:
"The last thing you see of your beloved is a white glow emanating from him, growing until you vision is consumed by light, the cries of pain becoming the cries of a newborn god

Next campaign was the party trying to make the apocalypse stop sucking, while dealing with the outer heaven nation worshippers who've become the major world stability

I'm on my phone so just so e highlights

>have a pretty solid but a bit rusty iron gate we have to go through
>half orc barbarian (Str 20) tries to force it open
>str test, rolls 1
>dwarf cleric (int 7) pushes yhe half orc aside and headbutts the gate
>natural 20
>he broke the gate down with his head
>later got a tattoo of a key on his forehead

Next one is in Runequest6
>first session of the game
>party encounters a chaos spawn -like monstrosity
>GM had probably meant this encounter to be avoided
>the party has 4 very i experienced players, me included
>we decide to fight it, even though it one-shotted two sailors with one swing of its arm
>in Rq6 our characters are almost as tough as a regular mook in the beginning
>we charge at it
>creature swings, hits our sword-and-pistol guy (flintlock pistol)
>16 damage to his hp7 chest, sends him flying five meters in the air
>everyone thinks the guy is most definitely dead
>the player realizes he can use his luck points (=faith points etc)
>gets to do heroic last action, shoots with his pistol
>rolls 01 (definitely a critical)
>hits the beast in its only eye
>pops its eye, it's now blind and runs at a tree, falling it and impaling itself on a branch
>the guy even managed to survive

We had been tasked to spy on a noble banquet dinner and we needed to get the whole party in there.
>The Wizard forged himself some fake ambassador papers.
>The Monk disguises as a server and goes through the kitchen
>Rogue has invisibility potions to sneak in

But we couldn't figure out what to do with my character, a fighter.
There were rumours that there was an ambassador from another kingdom and that they had sent their daughter, an elf.
>Rogue and me looked around the whole city for her
>Found her finally at an Inn, for some reason her bodyguard was not there at the moment.
>Me and the rogue talks outside the Inn and comes up with a plan.
>I go in first, sets myself down so I have clear line of sight of the elf.
>10 minutes later rogue comes in, looking conspicious.
>He on purpose critically fumbles a pick pocket check on her
>"I BULLRUSH THE ROGUE!"
>Proceed to beat the crap out of the rogue and bring him outside into the alley, give him a potion and let him go, both giving eachother a thumbs up as he goes
>I go back into the tavern, gives the elf back her purse
>Proceed with charming her and being her +1 on the banquet.

YES! The rogue and me was awesome bros fiveever after that.

I thought it's gonna end with some hilarious crossdressing and lots and lots of bluffing.

Fairly early on in a long running 3.5E campaign of badassery our party of assorted misfits reaches a bastion set into an continent spanning mountain range. Knocked on the guardhouse door (the only apparent entry into the place) and where promptly told to sod off through a peephole.
being all of level 5, and with no heave hitters to bust down the door, the party's noob sorcerer/dragon disciple politely knocked on the door, waited for the spyhole to open, and proceeded to blow 2 charges of ice breath right into the guard's left eye, freezing him to the door. The dwarf then pulled him through said peephole (making a hell of a mess) to get the keys.

>party has a bounty on their heads by "bbeg"
>bard: i know, lets waltz into his castle pretending to be captured by this guy we're paying off. he'll collect the bounty, we'll jailbreak and split the earnings
>uhhhh
>bard: dont worry, we've broken out of jail like three times already!
>party walks into the final battle 6 levels underpowered
>mfw

>Ancient port city setting
>Goliaths making their own temple in city limits
>Human/Elf powerplayers hire us to investigate as they won't let them investigate the work site
>Paladin and Monk go to investigate
>Both have exceptional charisma somehow
>"What do you want?!"
>"We're uhh... building inspectors."
>"-for the city."
>"-And I gotta say buddy, I don't like the look of these pillars here."
>"-Yeah, yer pillars are all outta alignment!"
>"-Definitely not up to code."
>"-Gonna need to get a crew in here for that."

It should be noted they became so fed up with our shit we never actually got to investigate anything. But that Temple is still standing today.

This made me smile

Swallowed a bomb and saved the day, killing 6 hours of session.

Did they redo the pillars?

>unironically getting triggered by tumblr in the filename
Wowzers.

>Derisively noticing something
>"triggered"

Wowzers.

I honestly wish I had some really great stories about my current group, but good god, trying to get them to do anything creative is like herding cats.

I've been DM'ing this group for over a year now, and all our group amounts to is:

Two players spouting memes 24/7, the guy playing a female dragonborn bard to sleep with everything (has actually said Yuri is the best type of manga) the sorcerer who won't get off of his 3DS to contribute, the cleric whose Warforged identifies as female (player is male) and has no other interesting characteristics, gnome monk who gets irritated at everything and keeps causing the guards to come, and the fighter who does nothing except talk over me and only rolls to attack.

All of the memoriable events happen because of shit that I have to write, and I don't like DM'ing for this group because they don't initiate anything at all.

How do I get my players to give a damn about the game?

Take this outside gentleman

If none of your players give a damn about the game, none of them probably ever will. On the other hand, one or two good players can transform a group.

>Homebrew AD&D
>Paladin' in up
>At level 4, so basically a subpar fighter because we haven't fought anything corrupted yet
>Group's fighter has been faffing about in the sewers and outskirts of town where where the cultists hang out because he's wanted
>Cultists, being the cunts that they are, summon a Demon with his face on it to try and trash his rep some more
>Everyone is scattered about town doing our own thing
>On my way to the temple for worship
>Demon Kool Aid Man's his way through a wall not 20 feet from me
>Engage the bastard, who's got at least double my hit die, solo
>Deus Vult
>DM can't roll attack for shit, and on the few times he hits, it's near, or is minimum damage
>Between extra Smite damage and a shwanky magic sword that my last character died stealing from a boss, I'm laying the pain on this corrupt bitch
>Two rounds later, I stand alone in a pile of rubble, ash and sulfur
>Crowd cheers
>Earn some divine daps from my god in the form of Hallow
>DM rolls on some random reward chart
>The extra reward is a level 3 Magic User as a fan girl
>Best follower ever
>Every day she prepares Charm in order to grow my fan club
>A few sessions later, I blew a few thousand gold to build a school for her, as there's already a VERY impressive temple to my god

The schools name is:
Madam Percia's Arcane College for Charming Young Ladies

A few other recent highlights
>Getting overconfident in my Demon killing abilities and being swallowed whole, sending me to an interdimensional hell, when I took them on 1v4. The Cleric had to name summon me back.
>When the Fighter, under the illusion of a pig, solo fought the King of a country we accidentally went to war with while flying.
>Having our ranged Fighter get caught drinking with spies in the Elf lands and settling the Trial by BBQ by roasting a Naga.

You are an old braggart.