Why is this the top selling card of the week? Why is it going up in price for no reason? It's still useless

Why is this the top selling card of the week? Why is it going up in price for no reason? It's still useless.

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/144610328663/are-mechanic-e-and-contraptions-the-same-thing#notes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe the hype for Kaladesh made people believe Contraption since its now an Artifact subtype or stores got some info leaked.

Remember people thought the same for Big Game Hunter and it never appeared in SoI despite having the Madness mechanic.

Is this going to be the new Mirrodin?

Pretty sure this happens anytime an obviously artifacts matter set gets announced. I'm willing to bet the same thing happened around Scars of Mirrodin as well.

For now we dont know and we dont care.

Dunno user, but seems Rigger will be some creature type ala Allies fron Zendikar.

I recall reading that maro in some blogatog post said something that could be understood as "maybe"
And knowing that they desing months and months ahead ...
SPECULATION

A guy in my LGS was selling his 30 playsets for 5€ each
Shit's crazy, man

Why do Wizards care about the secondary market?

Why not just reprint all modern legal cards above 3$ like there's no tomorrow so everyone can play and jews get btfo?

Why does she look like a meth addict?

Because it would cause a lot of players to cry foul and because the secondary market works like their hype engine.

Because she's an elf.

B...but user...Elves are always g...graceful...right?...RIGHT?

Dunno. I hate this art, though. Other art a superior.

Nice resolution, bro

It's ridiculous on two angles. Even if you take it as a given that Kaladesh will have contraptions the idea that a 4 mana lord will be modern playable alongside cards which were part of a design process which it's separated from by a *decade* is insane.

I like this art better because there's actually blood in her braids, unlike the other one with the pristine silver-haired waifu

Kaladesh is the Steampunk India plane, so obviously the mechanic on STEAMflogger boss is going to get printed there, buy them while you can, duh! Doesn't matter what contraptions could possibly do, or if it gets reprinted, or if they even ARE printed in Kaladesh, gotta buy it now before everyone else does!

I've been buying a couple every two or three months for the last couple years. I think somebody's wise to my scheme.
That said, even if I decided to offload now, I wouldn't know where to do it that would get me any appreciable amount of money.

>Price when up slightly from misplace hype.
>Speculators noticed slight price change.
>Speculators drove price up.
iT'S NOT LIKE THIS IS ALWAYS HAPPENING OR ANYTHING.

The secondary market is FLGSs.
And FLGSs sell most of the packs.
They also run drafts, which sell yet more packs.

If WotC doesn't keep the secondary market alive they sell less packs.
Also of note, the secondary market is "free" advertising.

Man, those 6 dollars can get you a fancy menu at a fast food joint

FLGS?

How many do you have?

I think I'm just under 40? University has been interfering with my ability to collect in addition to the price going up to ~$.40 a pop.

This is how I feel about these sorts of things.

LGS = local game store, not sure about the F

"Friendly Local Game Store"

Jews have a code:

Jews stand by Jews, so the Jews don't Lose.

Because the big retailers like SCG generate both interest and income.
Interest by mainting a website, stream and events.
Income by directly buying product to get singles.

Wow, it's almost as though price is determined by how badly someone wants something and what they're willing to pay.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/144610328663/are-mechanic-e-and-contraptions-the-same-thing#notes

Contraptions unconfirmed for Kaladesh. Have fun with your stockpiled Steamflogger Bosses. :^)

Explanation: "Mechanic E" was something Maro wanted in original Mirrodin but never found the right set for it up until Kaladesh.