Skorne Players Bitch and Moan For Another 500 Posts Edition

Skorne Players Bitch and Moan For Another 500 Posts Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x93ROCLcVXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lets talk about Haley2 giving Stormwall Future Sight

She lost a lot bro.

- Stormwall can't get 4 FOC and don't have +2 MOV.
- Lost dedeye.
- Feat now is only model, not model/unit.
- lost old deceleration.

Haley 2 is just the shade of what she was.

I didnt even realize the change in her Feat.. that's soooooo huge.
She's probably still very strong but not an autoinclude inevery tuornament...

Can someone explain to me what is exactly special about Bane Witch Agatha?

Well for one she can charge after vanish

its good to see "bad cryx caster" syndrome still exists in mk3. shit that any other faction would love gets tossed aside for not being... well idk who it would be this edition, venethrax?

I'm okay with this. She's way less irritating in general terms to fight.

Let's instead talk about Ossyan giving Hyperion, Helios and Hypnos Future Sight and Deadeye.

So, given the coming changes to warjack points, I need at least one more jack to fill out my lists. I've only ever really played eKreoss lists, and I've never fielded any warjack other than Fires of Salvation.
What other 'jack would work best with the Exemplar theme?

>Let's instead talk about Ossyan having Deadeye.

Fixxed for you bro.

Looking at the new Reclaimer being a Jack Marshal, and the way the new Marshal rules work, it looks to me like putting a Repenter with him may work pretty well. With an aim bonus and Strike True, that Repenter is going to be rocking RAT 9 on the flame thrower, which is pretty damned respectable. Plus, its a Repenter, and its just a generally useful light warjack to have around- a Vigilant would provide it with cover, but Reclaimers sitting at DEF 15/ ARM 15 with Ashen Veil means they are relatively difficult to kill and that Repenter could be pretty useful in a general sense, as they are a very effective light for their points.

Nothing us skorne players have said compared one ounce to the cryx bitching last night.

You will never make love to a Skorne player without taking the black pill

Indictor and Templar spring to mind, both are pretty solid jacks.

Cryx players are in two camps. One camp is terrible at the game and went full rage mode.

The other group likes steampunk undead and are fairly reasonable people that didn't bane spam all day everyday. Doing things like playing fun lists with not Gaspy 2 in friendly games.

The first group got their asses banned on the PP forums after the cryx insider because they where raging hard enough to post like a goth teenagers live journal. The later group where still posting on the PP forums and took their insider very well and way better then skorne players did.

Life is good my man.

There are two types of people.

1. Ass holes who generalize people into stupid categories.

2. Eat a dick

I just wait for the moment PP will tell us that Ossy feat now just give an extra ranged damage dice to FF in control range.

Ossy the new Gaspy 2.

Looks like we found the cryx player.

I mean, sure? But cryx is fine in mk3. Thats just a stupid turn of phrase

Tell that to the guy last night saying banes are worthless, cryx jacks are worthless, cryx is worthless, cryx can never kill a khador jack in a million years

Hows that forum ban working out?

Ossyan
Hyperion x2
Hypnos
Arkanist x2
Sylys

Spend the rest of your points on some infantry to gum up possible dangers and go to town.

Can any one tell me what the circle birdies do please? I'm considering picking up a "just for funsies" Circle list with Bog trogs and maybe a pack of Gators since I really like the circle beasts but the infantry doesn't appeal to me.

In Mk2, I liked taking Templars with him, as the 3 beat back attacks, 1 vassal attack, and extra melee attack from his feat (all with auto hit) really let it get around.

Sanctifier was also another good one, as he allows Kreoss2 to camp even more focus. You always lost a few knights going in, and I didn't always run Gravus to collect souls. When I ran both, Gravus would take one flank, and the Sanctifier would take the other.

I'd occasionally take the Avatar, but you always had that situation where it's feat turn, and he only generates 2 focus, mucking up your plans.

From what we've seen regarding his changes and changes to jacks, I don't think much has changed in mk3. I know I'll probably be taking Bastion Seneschals with Redeemers to clear away infantry chaff in a lot of lists. If Kreoss2 has any spells worth arcing, he may see a Guardian in his lists. I already love the Templar, and its Shieldguard ability would be useful in keeping Kreoss2 alive after he moves up and feats. As would the Vigilant, with its ability to act like cover and grant +4 defense.

Still a little too soon to be making lists, though.

Did you even see the thread last night? Go to the archives and witness the bad name a minority of your fellow cryx players give you.

Also I'm totally serious. This isn't a generalization. Cryx PP forum goers where getting banned left and right when their insider came out. Yet all the ones that where still around where overwhelmingly very reasonable and "yeah we deserve this" in response. That's a pretty large division.

>There are two types of people.
I didn't use that phrase for a damn reason. And at least I'm not assuming all cryx players are like the asshole cryx players. I won't tell you to eat a dick because I don't think your one of those players.

Jus fine

>Can any one tell me what the circle birdies do please?
PP can. But they won't tell us for another month or so.

>cryx is fine in mk3
Oh Cryx is more than fine. They have some really silly strong stuff. I'm not sure whether I'll paint the rest of my Skorne before switching. Cryx might be the best faction to play Warnoun-heavy now.

You always want Strike Force with ossy now more than ever.

Removing Colossals with just one unit on feat turn is brutal.

Ahh, wasnt aware of that, the pp forums are basically cancer.

That and there is a segment of the cryx playerbase whos trying to spread doom and gloom on purpose to get noobs out of the faction, partly to influence the new meta, partly to buy cheap models from people buying into the doom train.

Actually, speaking of the Avatar of Menoth, I am really curious how that one will turn out. Maybe it'll be part of a Battlegroup now? Otherwise it'd need to produce more focus on it's own.
I certainly hope it'll be worth taking, considering the always cool fluff and the great new sculpt.

I'm genuinely glad I made a choice to finish painting my khador before I started on skorne, because I honestly don't see myself playing skorne over my other options anymore. Skorne lost the playstyles I liked (and I never even touched fist, I don't even own a cetrati), while my khador and mercenaries grow stronger by the day.

I mean currently.

The cryx pp forums has for the most part been pretty cool. Got some good guides and are usually a helpful bunch. (no clue about other areas)

Reclaimers are so... wtf. Putting a cloud on themselves or Ashen Veil on their jacks doesn't do much. Future sight is okay.

And Reclaimers are at Def15/Arm13.

I had been running Reclaimers recently, and had come to really appreciate their ability to hand out focus and deal 1 point of damage to anything in reach range.

A heal or something else to shut down enemy soul collection would have been better.

Welp, Trevor and Jay are dumping a huge pile of Salt into the Skorne facebook group. This should be exciting.

Not nearly as exciting, but several people on the Convergence facebook group have decided that Lucant is nerfed into the ground in the new edition, and fuck anyone who disagrees.

Salt in the form of spoilers or in the form of rageful ciomments?

Jay Larsen-
Let's put it this way:

Since I own all the factions, I told myself I would start MKIII with whatever looks strongest for WTC. I gave Skorne a quick once over, shook my head in sorrow, and moved on.

Khador and Cygnar are the factions that most have my attention. Trolls are also being considered, mainly to balance my team.

The Insider said the only changes are that it lost Terror, gained +1 Pow and 1" reach on the shield, and costs 20 points.

So it looks like it might not be as popular, especially since all jacks get at least 1 free focus now.

It amazes me that Cryx players question why there is a stigma about them

>Since I own all the factions, I told myself I would start MKIII with whatever looks strongest for WTC. I gave Skorne a quick once over, shook my head in sorrow, and moved on.
That sounds like a polite and reasonable assessment of the situation. What about it?

Trevor Christensen-
Trying to let you guys down easy but there is more bad news on the horizon... Just saying.

It's not all gloom or anything but you certainly have not seen the entire breath and scope yet.

So he is complaining because Gaspy2 is just a balanced caster now?

On one hand that sounds fucking horrible.

On the other hand, the chain attack guys like to exaggerate. A lot.

I think he's a bit below average (meaning a lot below Cryx average) now. So I kind of understand why they're upset.

>Trying to let you guys down easy but there is more bad news on the horizon... Just saying.

Anyone who says shit like this without immediately elaborating is just whoring for attention. Even if they are telling the truth, it's not worth rewarding them by listening.

Ashen veil and future sight are both just friendly faction model. Ashen veil on a jack might not be amazing, but on your caster it's pretty useful. Or a paladin.

That's kinda underwhelming. Not bad or anything, I mean the loss of terror and the range of the shield make sense, and the +1pow is nice, but between free focus for everyone and the old downsides make him a lot less desirable.

Daily reminder that the only thing PP deemed worthy of buffs in skorne was ferox + rhadeim combo which are metal models that cost $120, and all of the cheap plastic stuff got worse.

Also, daily reminder that PP released Mobius 3 months before telling cephalyx players they can't play him in mk3

These are all coincidences and imply nothing about PP's monetization plans.

>These are all coincidences and imply nothing about PP's monetization plans.
Never attribute to malice what can be sufficiently explained with incompetence.

I'm either taking storm Knights spam list to lock and load or my Damiano steelhead theme

I shall ride Mk2 out in glory. Who would be more fun to play against?

It was more like people bitching about cryx players

The cryx forums are the least salty. Its actually impressive

Oh, another reminder: The animantarax was buffed 9 months ago to be the best ranged piece in faction, coincindentally at a time where they had a lot of animantarax backstock as shown by all the sales that most sites had been doing up to that point, and then completely take away its ranged game for mk3.

The Cryx forums saw a massive round of forum bans.

I fear more that this user is right than they pointing at raw money.

I think PP have found themself with to many faction. They know their graphic design , but not where to go with game design.

Is he actually bslanced or are you just happy you'll never have to play into him again?

No they didnt

Not that guy but both. It is known that Cryx players only play bullshit casters

Steel heads are sexy as hell imo, so them

What if I want to get into Cryx because I think skeletons are cool? I don't want people to think I'm a scumbag. ;__;

No, really? Who'd thought that after two factions that are slated to *never* get upgrades and a lot of floundering in regards to identity in the other factions?

Aight.

I have a full unit of cav but my store has the new box of steelhead cav on sale for 30% off. They're FA:2 in the new edition anyway so I'm heavily considering it

Gators have literal skeleton penises.

K, 'cause complaints don't really address why hes not good anymore and I get the feeling most of the people here don't get it either (for a myriad of reasons)

I would like someone to explain to me how he is "balanced" (you can leave out the hellbound change, i think that might be an upgrade)

>What if I want to get into Cryx because I think skeletons are cool?

Then play Cryx and don't spam the OP stuff, act like you're hot shit, and cry about it when the OP stuff gets nerfed down to "usable/good" level.

Ah yes, that crucial third die to hit...DEF 7.

They can do dirty things to colossals, but Deadeye is not the reason.

Is there gonna be spoilers today or what?

Hey, one of the gargs is a blistering def 11 or 12

Hey I'm out of the loop, can someone summarize why they think skorne is bad now? And is cygnar good still?

>Khador and Cygnar are the factions that most have my attention

Until their Insiders when he will no doubt start saying they are ruined as well.

Do we know anything about Khador except the battlebox?

Because everything we've seen so far has been nerfed rather harshly (excluding the Void Spirit and the Ferox).

We have spoilers for the starter stuff and we know the Mortar and Conquest will have High Explosive and the MoW Kovnik has Desperate Pace, etc.

Mord I think actually came out better as an anti-hordes caster.

Like, the big shift towards self animi combined with his spell to make them cost one more means hes going to be playing fucking havoc with their Fury management and ability to do shit with beasts.

But in what way exactly? What's been nerfed?

Okay, here's a summary.

Warbeasts:
Due to Enrage no longer giving free charges, our warbeasts are all at an effective -1 Fury.
Titans:
All of our titans lost a lot of resilience. They used to be missed by mat/rat 6 around 30% of the time, now it's more like 10%. The exception to this being the titan sentry, who was always def 11 and relied on his arm 21, so no real change there.

The bronzeback, cannoneer, and sentry lost an additional point of fury in addition to the change to enrage.

Cyclopses:
The raider is only half a mk2 point cheaper, and lost its use as utility. It's now a 9 point beasts whose only purpose is to shoot a rat 5 pow 12 at solos.

The cyclops savage had its armor nerfed to 16, meaning massed pow 10s will kill or cripple it now. Its PC went down to 8, but it was never something skorne took in mk2 and has had nothing to improve its prospects in mk3.

Molik: Deserved what he got

Aradus sentinel: Without access to far strike is pretty much pointless.

Warcasters:
Hexeris 1 lost two of his best spells and had them replaced by two shittier spells.

Makeda1 lost her defining spells. Defender's Ward and Savagery were THE reason to field her, and are gone now.

Makeda2 lost her defining spell, Road to War. She now has Dash, which instead of +2 movement to everything, is +1 speed to warriors and parry. So she lost her huge beast threat extension in exchange for a lesser infantry extension, but infantry as a whole is easier to kill in mk3 so we really don't need it.

Mordikaar: Revive got nerfed into the ground, he lost his upkeep removal. Better against hordes now though.

Xerxis: Lost fury, but if he keeps defender's ward his new battle plan is probably a net gain. He's actually looking decent. Tactical supremacy is kinda nice I guess.

Infantry:
Praetorian swordsmen got more expensive, nihilators got cheaper, why the fuck use swordsmen?

Karax: Bumped up to speed 6, now actually viable at least

Titans across the board, Fury stats on beasts, PGBH and fury management for starters.

Don't forget about the Krea. Shame I painted her already.

Cataphracts: Their 12/15 statline was bad in mk2, but 8 boxes saved them. Now they're 5 boxes and are 11/15, with nothing shown to actually improve them.

PGBH: Condition only takes 1 fury off

Solos:
Willbreaker: Lost ancillary attack, further crippling our ranged game.

Agonizer is now a warbeast, it lost all of its durability and its ability to shut down focus and channeling, in exchange for giving a +2 arm vs melee bubble.

I forgot the krea. Its animus no longer gives arm vs shooting.

Am I forgetting anything?

Wow, thanks for the detailed response

Oh AND Beatback (and by extension mak3) is now dead.

Krea might be a nerf, but at the same time it's still a great ability.

Like, instead of the Krea just buffing the shit out of everything, it's now incredibly good for protecting your fragile shit.

I think both Morgs and the new caster like having a Krea around, for example.

Two Skorne models not currently being bitched about (and spoken of with something resembling approval) are the Titan Sentry and the Aradus Soldier. Neither of them saw much play in mk2.

The Titan Sentry reportedly got a mat buff (to six) and the Aradus Soldier was technically buffed to ignore shields.

So this is the happiness that comes from the distinction... of not being nerfed (and attaining MAT6). It really is. Titan Sentry DEF was in the basement to begin with- getting by on DEF Buffs that no longer improve things enough to actually help isn't a nerf, it's normal. The Aradus Soldier is a heavy that can't be shot to death no matter how much effort the other guy puts into it. Still true.

I think that says more about the spoilers of the rest of the skorne's heavy beast game than the actual spoilers.

That's fine.

Cryx look balanced now. I'm taking this opportunity to make the pirate devil lady army I always wanted.

Doom for the DoomGods

If you think that Krea bubble is good, or even nearly as good as it was in MK2, you don't know what actually kills light infantry.

I forgot the mammoth. Instead of ROF 3 it's ROF d3+1, and its AoEs went down to 3 ifrom 4.

Beat back is now Directly Toward instead of Toward, which is crippling to the bronzeback's animus.

Agonizer is unfair. It also picked up one of the best scernario animi in the game, and it's ability to add Fury to enemy beasts sounds much better with the changes to how Fury works.

Mak3 can give Overtake. Her Molik kill the world shit is actually better, because she picked up Grevious as well.

>Mak3 can give Overtake. Her Molik kill the world shit is actually better, because she picked up Grevious as well.
We've been over this a billion times, so I'll spare both of us the long explanation. Have you actually played Mak3 before?

The aradus doesn't really buf shields.

Remember, its claws are something like P+S 14. They exist only to drag into its P+S 18 mouth. The bite doesn't ignore shields, only the claws do. It's not much of an advantage.

It's just that it didn't get nerfed so is better in comparison.

Then what does kill light infantry?

A lot of the easy ways to set them on fire(Ravagore) are gone.

Morg1's greatest threat was dying to blast damage. So was Morg2's, if anyone played him.

And easy ARM buffs are getting hit across the board, this isn't a Skorne only thing. Deceleration got hit, Tenacity got hit, Spiny Growth got hit, everyone's losing shit.

She's still really good honestly, she's just fair compared to the rest of the game instead of being ball busting

Skorne has always bad. Terrible models, terrible fluff, terrible rules.

MENOTH CONFIRMED BEST FACTION IN MK3!

youtube.com/watch?v=x93ROCLcVXE

I don't really get Skorne swordsmen but I want to because the models look pretty damn cool imo. From everything I hear these nihilator fags are way better.

I'm going to wait until I see all the rules for everything MK3 in context though. That will be a good day.

Also hey I am gonna bump this thread I saw on the PP forums! If you go to the Fanart section there's a Tarot Card thread. It's really, really cool.

>Damiano leaked
>nothing but buffs for days
>reposition 5 instead of reform 3"
>blaster also gives Pow 12 blast damage
>sure foot is model/unit

Is this still about the whole "Makeda can no longer do it herself AND with Molik AND with the Bronzeback?" bullshit?