That DM that makes it so waffles and pancakes exist in the setting

>that DM that makes it so waffles and pancakes exist in the setting

Pretty much everywhere in the world invented pancakes of some kind, and waffles are just high surface area to volume ratio pancakes
Good job DM

I bet you think ice cream is a modern invention.

>shytpusting

Give him the death penalty.

....wwwwhhhy wouldn't pancakes exist in any setting? It's literally just flour, eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Also a pretty common thing in the days of old cuz it was pretty easy to get ahold of (most) of the ingrediants, fairly mess free, and could be eatten on the go to your shitty job on the fields or mines or whatever horribly shitty job you had back in the day.

>Crêpe master race waffles a shit

>OPS not christian

Ever hear of pancake Tuesday motherfucka.

I like tacoing my pancakes: slap some bacon and eggs on a dry pancake, fold it up, then eat.

I thought baking powder was a 19th century discovery. So potentially not pancakes as w no them, but a type of sweetened grain cake could exist in any setting.

If you separate the egg whites and peak them, then fold them into the mix very gently, it makes them fluffy. Baking powder helps too though.

> forgetting the superior option
It's like you're more interested in feeding soldiers than culinary art. 2/10, would not dine with.

In fact, any DM that does not elaborate on the cuisine of the setting is making only making half a setting.

Latkas are fucking amazing. Truly the superior breakfast food.

Oh god, that looks fucking incredible. Post recipe, please.

>Select all images with Ice Cream.

>forgetting the superior option

That's just an inferior omelette.

Potato, egg, flour, oil.

It's really as easy to make as it looks like. Then sour cream and chives.

>bacon and eggs on a dry pancake

Alright, please post your address, user. Now we gotta fight..

don't have a recipe. Latkes are simple, I do them from memory. Leftover mashed potatoes, diced onion, half a cup of flour, 2 eggs, mix together, form cakes, fry in hot oil. serve with sour cream, chives, and/or applesauce

>Dry bacon and store bought eggs on a dense pancake
Yuck. Good thing my breakfast is none of the above.

You can also serve them with gravy.

>trying to come up with a setting
>can't decide what foods everyone should eat because I'm worried about introducing things that are too modern

I am the worst GM.

sure, personal preference wins.

>Leftover mashed potatoes
I know these words, but not in this order.

>Implying there are actually people who don't own chickens.

>apartments
>having space for a chicken

I don't want PETA raiding my house, user.

but yeah, Veeky Forums will provide for thee, GM.

And this is now a food thread.

*HOME.

I ought to have said HOME.

Sometimes I hate my brain.

My nigga.

I own 23 and a turkey. Was going to eventually butcher the turkey but then it began laying eggs.

>Was going to eventually butcher the turkey but then it began laying eggs.
how do these eggs taste? like a normal chicken egg?

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GOD

I HATE EVERYTHING UGHHHHHHHHH MUH IMMERSION UGHHHHHHHHH WHY DO I PLAY WITH YOU GUYS UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Autistic fucks.

>tfw my ducks and turkeys ran away and now I just have these dumb chickens
Apparently clipped ducks can still fly over 8 foot fences and will do so in order to get to a larger pond, despite having water, food, space, and shelter where they're at.

I knew a family that owned a few chickens. Had a really big house, and kept the chickens in a coop or something in their backyard. Looked like a lot of work, but their eggs and other cooking were top-knotch.

are... are you okay?

I usually shred the potatoes, soak them in cream and a bit of egg, salt and pepper. Then fry in butter.

this is an imageboard, anons. Let the pictures inspire, whether for in game descriptions or something to serve your players.

and its not as difficult as you think to have food in the campaign

It's really not much work at all. Build a 4'x8'x2' wood framed cage with an open bottom and stick 2-4 chickens in it. Make sure they have water, give them your table scraps, and push the cage a couple feet every few days. They'll keep your lawn mowed and give you free eggs for life.

Almost. If I were to describe the difference it would be "crisp". A sharper taste, or it may just be the food I give them.

Any tips for keeping chickens in an apartment complex with no car and no available jobs within bus range?

Yeah. Don't. Only people who own property can have chickens.

Griddle cakes are literally one of the oldest cooked foods. Humans made them before agriculture on hot rocks.

Mildly yeast leavened griddle cakes have also been a thing for about as long as we've had bread starters.

A pancake is basically a sweet light and airy griddle cake.

Since they were often eaten with honey anyways, it's not a big stretch.

Griddle cakes cooked between two cast iron plates with raised patterns that improved crispiness were made in the 9th century, though we didn't quite get anything like the modern waffle until the 13th. But then, most fantasy settings are a kind of medieval/Renaissance pastiche anyways.

God damn it user now I want to try all of these delicious looking cheeses.

see, a cheese tray is one of the easiest things to assemble for your gaming group.

Have you tried not living in a shithole? I'm paying $1000/mo for 4 acres, ten minutes from a reasonably large city. You can afford to live somewhere nice if you want to.

(or just for yourself)

That would require getting a job.

Of which there are none here. It's a vicious cycle and it's why my Tau will never have any friends.

Moving away from blogging for now, got any tips for describing food when I have NPC's cook? Adjectives I should avoid when speaking of, say, meats?

Yeah, if I ever host an in person game, I'm gonna have a cheese tray. In fact, thinking about it, it's actually a pretty perfect snack for a gaming group.

>not very wet or greasy
>can easily pop a piece in your mouth
>softness means little noise is made by eating it

>tfw lactose intolerant

the redwall cook book is fun for game groups as well I even think that wow has one in the works

sorry to hear that.

>instead of trial by combat, the Orc chieftain has another challenge for you.

>playing a low-CON Alchemist

Uh-oh.

Aren't Alchemists immune to poison after a while?

Its ok user, hope you don't mind me eating this

I went Preservationist and traded it out for standard-action Summon Nature's Ally. Planar Preservationist turns that into Summon Monster.

I am regretting this decision.

Wow, an actual chance to use this image.

I'm just going to level this here....

>not playing an Inca campaign

and, I'm done. Almost all of my images were procured on /wg/ food threads originally. Eat well, fa/tg/uys.

Being lactose intolerant must suck. I drink about a gallon a day, can't imagine being without milk.

Surprise, you're actually a mutant!

Portions are important.

Hi Potato-user, long time no see

>cubes
>cubes
>CUUUUUUBESSSSSS

>Latkes
Man, this reminds me when me and a friend were dicking around and made a (3,000? can't remember, but it was probably more.) calorie diet and just filled it with potato-related foods and drinks only.

cooking_in_minecraft.jpg

What's wrong with cubes?

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE MODRON

Dog, it's a rich world of fantasy with exotic locations and peoples and you're dumping your truck over pancakes.
Reconsider.

I'm just so sick of this dwarven cuisine, everything's a fucking square and it all tastes like dirt

I don't fucking understand that place. I am not a big fan of roast chicken, I hate tomato soup, WHY is everything there so delicious to me?

Because despite everything, you're immersed.

Even though tomatoes aren't native to Europe.

The chicken is supposed to be dragon meat, they are not worried about agricultural accuracy.

But Steve, we're playing Delta Green.

>without even knowing it, whoever runs that place is actually the best GM

Smite the pancakes; venerate the waffles

>smite
>venerate

Are these both euphemisms for "eat?"

Because I can get behind that. French Toast too, while you're at it.

I am not exactly what you might call "picky."

I ACCEPT.

>Dat feel when natural selection has bred for desensitized taste bud

I'm thoroughly impressed that someone was autistic enough to write almost 500 pages of material on the diets of medieval Europeans.

They needed to have something for their thesis.