What's the best example of friendship between women(not to be confused with lesbianism) that you've ever seen during...

What's the best example of friendship between women(not to be confused with lesbianism) that you've ever seen during your tabletop career?

I played with two girls for awhile, one was a good role player and the other was more of a roll player. They never got into a fight or argument while I was their and seemed to be friends.

How would you make a Daria RPG?

Call of Cthulhu, but completely mundane with SAN checks.

Other than the fact the finished product would have to be called "Sick, Sad World", I'm not sure.

Most of what Daria does is just getting through life as a teenager.

Sometimes she's able to turn a relatively minor advantage into a minor benefit: write a n easy 500 words for the college freshman, make an easy $50 bucks.

But most of the time, she just survives, not at all surprised at how dumb or ridiculous her peers and authority figures are.

Game-ifying that would basically be "read a description of a self-absorbed, not too bright person. Then wait as your players tell you snarkily that they are not too bright and self absorbed. The best joke at the time wins a cookie. If an NPC beats your PCs to the punch and admits he's crazy and self absorbed*, no one gets a cookie. You were shown up by an NPC. Shame on you."

Two female player characters in a game I was in had a pseudo-mother/daughter relationship. The experienced, older adventurer guided, took care of, and gave advice to the younger, greener party member.

I had two girls play in the same campaign once and they didn't constantly backstab each other when out of earshot.

That show would have been a lot better if they were a couple instead of just best friends

You know it's true
best girl coming through

what's with this "women can't be friends with each other" meme?

>what's with this "women can't be friends with each other" meme?
Self-described experts reporting from a sample size of "their teenage sister".

Men talking about women. Just the usual. At least, it's not some evopsych YouTube video trying to reveal the evil jewish feminist conspiracy.

>what's with this "women can't be friends with each other" meme?
Because some of the only times female friendships get brought up to men's attention is when they blow up spectacularly in some way. You never notice the 95% that go completely normally, so your sample siye is way skewed and that leads to a cognitive bias.

Of all the women I've worked with at five jobs in two states (including one with an atmosphere so professional you'd think it would weed out the loonies), more than half have been crazy bitches to each other behind their backs; fucking with their stuff, spreading rumors and other drama, blabbing shit said in confidence. Almost every single one of them played at being friendly to each other when they weren't busy trying to make the other miserable. There were plenty who actually were friends, but I can think of only three pairings where women that acted like they hated each other actually stuck to that the whole time and tried to associate with the target of their ire as infrequently as possible.

This is opposed to the guys who hated each other or didn't get along and... just didn't talk to one another outside of stuff necessary for work. There were, like, five guys who did the whole high school "HEY CHAMP WHAT'S UP WE'RE SUCH GOOD BUDS NOOGIENOOGIENOOGIE SMELL YA LATER SHITSTICK OH NAW WE WERE JUST JOKING AROUND" routine and the three that didn't cut it out after HR got involved were fired.

You got bullied at work? That's sad in like a dozen ways.

>implying girls can be friends in this day and age

"LE ALL GIRLS ARE BISEXUAL XDDD"

Where did he say he was being bullied?

>It is natural for a feeling of mere indifference to exist between men, but between women it is actual enmity. This is due perhaps to the fact that odium figulinum in the case of men, is limited to their everyday affairs, but with women embraces the whole sex; since they have only one kind of business. Even when they meet in the street, they look at each other like Guelphs and Ghibellines. And it is quite evident when two women first make each other’s acquaintance that they exhibit more constraint and dissimulation than two men placed in similar circumstances. This is why an exchange of compliments between two women is much more ridiculous than between two men. Further, while a man will, as a rule, address others, even those inferior to himself, with a certain feeling of consideration and humanity, it is unbearable to see how proudly and disdainfully a lady of rank will, for the most part, behave towards one who is in a lower rank (not employed in her service) when she speaks to her. This may be because differences of rank are much more precarious with women than with us, and consequently more quickly change their line of conduct and elevate them, or because while a hundred things must be weighed in our case, there is only one to be weighed in theirs, namely, with which man they have found favour; and again, because of the one-sided nature of their vocation they stand in closer relationship to each other than men do; and so it is they try to render prominent the differences of rank.

I see that the complex of officers wives is a rather storied one.

>complex of officers wives
Elaborate, sounds interesting

Schopenauer, of all people, criticizing others for speaking down to people. That's rich. Dude was absolutely awful when it came to personal interaction, in part for exactly that reason.

It's easy to recognize a fault you know.

Its not very complicated, women who marry men of rank expect to be treated as if they themselves possessed that rank, despite not having earned it.

Their sense of entitlement is particularly infuriating.

Together they made a really effective team and usually ended up dominating play.

Their greatest feat was reasonably taking over a declining nation and reforming it as their own kingdom.

He didn't specify who, it had to be him. Also just look at his attitude.

Or it could be that Schopenhauer was simply engaged in even more badmouthing of other people in order to feel superior. Which was kind of his thing. He's not a particularly reliable source when it comes to talking about the faults of others, since he repeatedly inflates or flat out invents them in order to shore up his own ego. If you want to make his point, you're better off finding someone else to support it.

You could nitpick literally anyone like that.

Back in highschool or college did you ever had that friend who happened to be a girl, either a dork or a goth or a tomboy, that almost exclusively associated with guys?
Her reasoning for it being that all other girls are two-faced cunts that will stab you in the back over nothing, and hanging out with them is a pain in the ass and an exercise in mind-games; while on the other hand boys are dumb and gross, but hanging out with them is a lot easier and a lot more fun?

It comes from there.

>In reality she wanted the dick
>But not your dick

>Schopenhauer

No. Literally all women I've been friends with, romantic or otherwise have had really strong friendship groups. sure, they bitch about each other occasionally about pointless shit but no more than guys do

maybe those girls are autistic

Yeah, having 3 Sisters...I never really got the whole 'Women can't be friends with each other' thing. My Sisters all have very close groups of friends who get along very well.

I knew several girls that were better friends than any guys I've met. But then again, they were the touchy feely kind of "friends". Perhaps they had an unfair advantage.

shit i'm an only child and figured that one out

I've never got the whole "siblings always hate each other" thing either.

Maybe the world's just full of bitter, terrible people.

Tu quoque bro

Not a clue. I care deeply for all my siblings and they've always been there for me.

It's because kids are, in general, selfish pricks. The parts of their mind that deal with empathy don't fully develop until age four, and even after that it can be hard for any kid to accept any other world-view than theirs, not to mention the fact that attention is now divided between them and competition.

The idea, basically, is that siblings end up competing to be the 'favorites' of their parents by trying to make their brothers and sisters look bad. Either by acting out or causing them to act out, then tattling. Furthermore, it's very easy for older kids to see everything a younger sibling does as being meant SPECIFICALLY to annoy them (and sometimes this is actually true, as in the case of me and my little sister).

Still, generally these rivalries aren't really that crazy, they just flare up now and then. As siblings get older they tend to develop better relationships because they're not worrying about being the number one kid anymore.

Dunno, I hit and bullied my little brother until he filled out with puberty, then we got into full-on fights, then at 18 I realized I was dumb. Since then, smooth sailing. My sister, on the other hand. . . But again, she's diagnosed bipolar and histrionic so. . .

/thread

>siblings hate each other
>rich people are the devil
>the popular kids are assholes
>jocks are borderline retarded bullies
>cheerleaders are mean-sprited, vapid and manipulative
>nerds are hated and bullied for no reason
>tomboys are attracted to dorky guys
>girls bully each other
>girls like bad boys
>prom is the most important night of your life
And a ton more, all bullshit made up by writers decades ago to the point where now they're tropes. Absolutely no bearing in reality whatsoever.

This is the most accurate answer.

My younger brother and I are really close friends. I think it had to do with my family moving around a lot, so family was the only constant in our lives and we became tight. I had a really good relationship with my parents and brother, and it always confused the shit out of me when all of my friends hated their families.

It's really funny how all of those tropes ended up being false in my life, and I was expecting them all to be true. I ended up wasting a lot of time in highschool trying to hate "jocks" or "cheerleaders" because I thought real life worked that way.

qt tomboy I was friends with that I liked was into a football player. Go figure the girl whose into football is interested in a guy with the same hobbies as her, instead of the autist that plays dungeons and dragons

It wasn't me. No one bullies the tall guy. I don't even think I've gotten so much as a "how's the weather up there" my entire life, either.

It's more sad than funny, but yeah I know what you mean

>no lesbians

this was entirely true for me, the trick though is to understand that these are all true aspects of people, not their only defining feature. example: local track jock was always a dick and bully to me, we still played magic and vidya. I was the nerd. real life stereotypes exist but they aren't ever cut and dry.

>girls bully each other
are you high? girls are horrible to each other

I ran a Serenity game for an all-female group.

One played a twinky, bishie reader boy. Another played a male former companion.

Halfway through the campaign they started a gay romance. They got so into it they were roll playing the relationship over chat outside of the game and writing slash fic of it for the other two girls to read.

Much giggling was had all around.

Wow. Nailed it.

But a lot of these are at least somewhat true.

>siblings hate each other
They don't necessarily hate each other, but there is frequently a lot of tensions between them. I have two brothers and the one who is closer to my age has more in common with me, and we hang out and do shit together. But we're also likely to get on each other's nerves and get into fights. Having to put up with somebody else's bullshit during your formative years without being able to take a break from them leaves lasting stresses and tensions. It's sort of like how rooming with somebody else can ruin your relationship, only that x100.

>rich people are the devil
People are self-serving douchebags and tend to rationalize treating people less fortunate than them like crap. With rich people, that includes a much greater segment of the population.

>the popular kids are assholes
See "rich people". When people don't have shit keeping them in check, they can become monsters. Popularity can go to people's heads.

>jocks are borderline retarded bullies
And continuing the theme...

>cheerleaders are mean-sprited, vapid and manipulative
Etc. Though I'll admit that I've seen this one less.

>nerds are hated and bullied for no reason
People who are weak, awkward, different or socially disadvantaged in some other way are pushed around because it's a way for people to build themselves up and establish dominance. People are bastards.

I've not seen this.

>girls bully each other
Girls are perfectly capable of being mean to each other. That's not exclusively a guy thing.

>girls like bad boys
Not universally, but certainly there is a bit of a trend. Being a bad boy is a bit of an alpha male thing.

>prom is the most important night of your life
This sounds silly to me, but I never went to prom, so I can't say for sure. I can't dance and I moved during high school and never really took to my new school.

Well, I guess I'm watching Daria again. 90's binge week here I come.

It hits the nail perfectly because of the remnants of classicism in the military between Officers and enlisted.

I barely noticed it around the Chair force, but holy fuck its rampant in the Navy. Its like they are proud to be stuck in the 17th century.

Nah. It's single women are hypergamous so they end up being way more competitive than dudes. That and their social hierarchy is more group based than on individual achievement like men.

Some women never grow out of it. Just like how some dudes never grow out of highschool cliques when they were QB.

Most chill when they're in a relationship.

>Sick, Sad World

I like the cut of your gibberish, sir.
Maybe Daria & Co run a samizdat press set on a Troma campus in an Idiocracy setting? I'm feeling some magic in there, somewhere.

This is my stop/ Got to get up/ I might go 'pop'
Uh, excuse me. Excuse me!
I've got to be direct/ If I'm wrong, please correct:
You're standing on my neck!

La-la Lah La-la ...

>Trent in a suit
>presumably employed
nah, that's not what happened

Probably a music teacher

Damn you.