/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Why hasn't anyone else made the thread yet Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus except Therana please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/cosmology
lelek1980.deviantart.com/art/Telvanni-tower-297403383
ghostbin.com/paste/ko6vd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I made an edit

I could probably clean it up a bit

also make a version for Veeky Forums which would only be about waifus and mods

>Veeky Forums

How in the fuck are Argonians born?

I hear some very conflicting explanations.

I bet the bitter coast would be pretty comfy despite it being a swamp.

Imagine being a mage living in a small shack on stilts. You have a small alchemy table, a hammock, shelves full with ingredients, a planter or two where you grow ingredients you can't find in the swamp and are hard to trade for (which you take good care of, and use some magic to make them grow faster) and a table with one chair. You live alone and sit down at your table with some canis root tea and read a book about dwemer history.

I'm not implying waifu and mods discussions are a good thing, Veeky Forums is pure cancer

here's the /v/ edition

Eggs.

Post art

>there's another poster

talos be praised

Make it two

How do the aedra work exactly?

Daedric princes actually influence people and show themselves every now and then, the ALMSIVI and Dagoth Ur were even more present but the divines don't really intervene besides the blessings you can get from them.

There's a few aedric artifacts and quests you can do for them (Kyne's Sacred Trials from Skyrim comes to mind) but there's not much more

>anime waifu cindy plastic face

I thought no one else noticed how plastic the waifu mod faces looked

They're dead.

Aside from Akatosh, they can't really do anything. Their power was used in the creation of Mundus, they just sort of exist right now. Akatosh is the only one who has had any influence past that, and even then it took a human sacrifice and his own crystallized blood to happen.

People who notice this are getting banned by circlejerking modders

It's not hard to notice how fake they look, but the kind of people who sink 1000s of hours in Skyrim are often so detached from reality they forget what women look like

Whoa, is this from ESO or something? Or just a fan render? Too fucking cool.

A fan render.

Fan render. Here's another, but I don't know if it's the same person.

You're giving ESO too much credit.

Do Telvanni start eating their own houses once they run out of normal food?

Is that supposed to be a specific place

We could only wish that an elder scrolls game looks like that. Or spend three weeks straight modding it for a screenshot.

Speaking of, anyone know how that project to port Morrowwind to Skyrim's engine is working out?

Skywind? Don't care for it, some of their art is neat. I don't think the project is doing very well.

I don't think so, I think it's just a "generic telvanni town". Could be wrong though.

Well that's a downer.

And the followup before I go.

It kind of looks like a lot of places, but the Holamayan looking building on the left with a ufo attached is really throwing me off.

>implying wizards need to eat

All I can think of is a giant gingerbread house scenario, telvanni lords leading innocent n'wahs with mushroom crumbs

Pretty sure that actually happens, how else would they get experimentation stock?

It doesn't matter, we have SHotN.

I imagine even less people are working on that, and it's probably been in development for longer.

So how are Hist trees involved?

They lick the sap as baby salamander things, and they become intelligent.

>Tamriel in Minecraft

This is so relevant to my current thoughts.

I want to make a modded Minecraft roleplaying server, inspired by Morrowind. Now, I don't want it to actually be SET in Nirn / the Aurbis, but I want to try to capture a similar feel.

How do I into Kirkbride -style crazy shit writing?

(also, any suggestions?)

Do drugs while writing.

What's your favorite ES map?

Where's the source on the divines being actual planets?

imperial-library.info/content/cosmology

Yes, both are from the same guy

We may be able to import some of their assets into OpenMW

Does Talos lack Corporeal Divinity? Or is the
Dwarven Orrery just out of date?

but which drugs tho

>which drugs
Every drugs.

While the power of the Aedra is mostly bound up in keeping the universe together, they, like all the spirits that compose fundamental forces, have some degree of influence over their portfolio. This tends to be much more subtle than the influences of the Daedra who have a very physical influence, but Akatosh might influence the world by fiddling around with the passage of time, for example - giving those he supports a few extra moments - just enough to make a difference. Their power is subtle but prevalent.

One could argue he has become the moons.

Are the blessings really result of Aedric contact? I thought they'd just be enchanted by the priests.

Got to say, I kind of hate this image. Mostly for the way it portrays the Daedra realms.

Ha! Good point. Worrisome though, given that they're both dead and infested with khajiit.

It always just bugged me that the worm Manimarco gets corporeal divinity in the form of the necromancers moon, yet noble Talos gets nothing.

Having a corporeal form isn't really a good thing though. In some manners you could interpret it as death.
I much prefer Talos not having a planet.

>noble Talos
Talos was a right bastard. Pretty sure he murdered his closest allies for power, then timefucked a bunch of people with a robot.

They look like planets because they're infinite planes surrounded by a much larger infinite void. I think. Is there a void outside creation, or is the void of oblivion a part of creation?

>conquers an entire continent for shits and giggles
>noble

Death in the form of sacrificing agency in order to create stability, sure, but that's the central conflict of the setting, isn't it?

If conquering bitches and systematically oppressing peasants doesn't make you a noble, I don't know what does.

They shouldn't look like anything. Oblivion is a void and absolutely empty, the Daedric planes are purely conceptual and do not physically exist.

Right. They don't look like planets - the fact that you see them as such is caused by your failing mortal form looking for a way to interpret what the fuck your eyes are trying to tell you.

I can't see a reason a Telvanni would ever run out of food.

Tel Mora?

The Aedra look like planets. The Daedra can't be pinpointed at all. They all equally inhabit an empty unending void.

Ah, true. Theoretically though your eyes would do the same thing, wouldn't they? Or maybe some other weird illusion.

The moons are Oblivion

I've heard reports that the team is being told to "make it their own" and "do what they want" so they're probably adding shit that wasn't in the original Morrowind.

Though keep in mind, this is just what i've heard and I cant confirm if it's true or not

People can actually physically visit the daedric planes, and bring back tangible items. They do exist.

Whether they exist as objects visible in the night sky is a less obvious matter, but the Imperial astronomers seem to think so, and they should know. Those guys had a space program at one point. Was that ever retconned?

TES is so fucking weird sometimes.

The moons are Lorkhan
Oblivion is the space between Aetherius and the mortal plane

But then what's the building off to the left

They don't even give a community release of what they're working on, I couldn't give two shits about the project after learning that.

It may appear you physically enter them and so on, to the mortal mind, but they are not. Nothing of the Daedra is created, they shun creation, and they exist beyond mortal laws. When you enter a Daedric realm you are not entering a solid world, you are entering a completely imaginary realm based out of the ego of incomprehensible beings that make up complete concepts and aspects of the universe. The mortal mind singles out a definition of that world, and so it appears physical, even though there is no reason for it to be so.

People in Tamriel think that.

Gateway Inn II, it turned into a really popular chain after the red year.

>Daedric planes are purely conceptual and do not physically exist
Okay I recognize TESO is heretical and noncanon, but how would Molag Bal's whole "literally drag Nirn into Coldharbour with towing cables" program work if that was the case

lelek1980.deviantart.com/art/Telvanni-tower-297403383

>Physical bodies can enter the Daedric realm with no complications
>Can interact with it exactly like Mundus
>Any artifacts brought back to Mundus will behave exactly like tangible physical objects
What's the difference, and how do you tell?

So no, it's just a generic "telvanni" town

Because the Daedra exist outside of the Physical world that is Mundus. They play outside the rules other than themselves (and the Aurbis). While the mortal world is defined by a single solid world, Oblivion, outside the mortal mind, has the potential to be anything, and that is in turn interpreted by the mortal as nothing. When a mortal enters a Daedra realm, they are treated to a realm they can comprehend, to familiar concepts and laws. The conceptual world is in essence, translated to physicality. Items can be tangibly taken from these realms in the same sense.

this was meant for

There are no retcons in TES.

You can walk, sail, fly or dream to any Daedric realm or planet.

>Elder Scrolls games will never live up to their concept art

>There are no retcons in TES.
KEK
E
K

That's true of most games though
A big issue with tes concept art is scale, which just isn't ever feasible when consoles are involved

Can you name one?

Talos is not an earthbone as he was not around during the Dawn Era.

It's a good thing these are threads about the lore.

Orcs being anything but beasts, Cyrodiil not being a jungle, Nords' shouts...

Such a shame Adam Adamowicz died before Dragonborn got released. It was the only part of the game (alright, a DLC actually) that was any good. All he witnessed was the lame base game that didn't follow his concept art enough.

ghostbin.com/paste/ko6vd

I fucking thought those birds were cliff racers, I swear I mean I've had shit, crouching between hills with a rusty dagger I need assistance

We've all been there, tough times

Cyrodiil wasn't retconned, though, just changed. Orcs were considered beasts but then were respected as civilized, partially thanks to Gortwog.