Imperial Guard D Weapon

I think this weapon should be Strength D. Discuss away Veeky Forums

If points need to be changed, what would they be?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/19749704/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd say it's fine as it is

What's the range on that weapon?

I don't play 40k, but it looks like that thing is designed to hit serval tables over from the current game its in.

Not sure on the minimum, but the maximum is quite well....... unlimited to be honest. There is no max range limit.

Unlimited. So it doesn't make sense to bring it to the frontline. Astra Militarum is retarded that way.

I would advocate making it St:D, because it's exactly the sort of weapon that the Destroyer rule is there to represent. It tidies up the game a little and cuts down on unnecessary bloat.

It might not make sense to bring it to the front lines, but it makes a lot of sense for the enemy to send a task force behind their lines to destroy it.

I find that people would rather take a manticore over a deathstrike missile launcher. Strenght D would make it far more balanced in my opinion.

>So it doesn't make sense to bring it to the frontline.

They didn't bring the Deathstrike to the front line. The front line came to the Deathstrike.

Y'all do know that because of its unlimited range, there was (and still is) a current running gag between stores of having other stores call each other and launch a Deathstrike at whatever 40K game is going on at that moment, right? We used to do that all the time with a store in Georgia and a few times with one in England.

Good times.

I would accept that as a separate game mode, but not as a unit that you bring to the table.

The Imperial Guard is being shafted for Strength D weapons, which is interesting for a weapon that is literally considered the ultimate doomsday device. Why that would not be strength D is beyond me.

Pretty much agree.
It's a fucking super nuke, how is that not strength D.
I think it needs completely new rules.
Like a 2-3 turn windup based on a D3 roll, followed by an uttely massive strength D template which leaves a drifting vortex on the map that deals lesser damage (toughness tests?) to represent fallout drift.

Yeah, and you would need a special vindicare to laser-point the missile more accurately, too.

Why not veteran snipers?

When I saw it as Strength 10, I was pleased, then I saw that it was supposedly an apocalyptic weapon.... and the guard doesn't have any strenght D weapons aside from the Shadowsword, and that is not easily put into a FOC

I guess he just means some kind of rangefinding function.
As no one is going to eyeball a super nuke
I imagine any marksman type character would serve as an appropriate type of thing for it

>Looking directly at a nuke.

Do you want to go blind?

>Y'all do know that because of its unlimited range, there was (and still is) a current running gag between stores of having other stores call each other and launch a Deathstrike at whatever 40K game is going on at that moment, right? We used to do that all the time with a store in Georgia and a few times with one in England.
Wait, really?

It's the guard. Blind is the least of your worries.

Much lulz has happened over this

What's the longest uninterupted distance between games that this has been used for? Because it sounds hilarious.

Dude.....

UNLIMITED RANGE

FINALLY I AM RELEVANT!
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/19749704/

Heard tell of a fellow who just uses specially modeled "Spotter Chimeras" for his artillery tanks for this exact reason. He thought it was too silly to have a super long range weapon in a close assault situation every time, so he just assumes that it's a tricked out Chimera with a lot of scanning/comms equipment that radios in coordinates for the artillery.

I think it's a Starcraft reference guys.

Just like Tachyon Arrow, which is equally funny if you shoot a game in Australia with it.

Oh i see

Here are the apocalypse rules released ages ago. I was hoping the 6th edition rules would be something like this.

>What's the longest uninterupted distance between games that this has been used for?

Well, we called a store in England from our shop in Houston, TX, and they said they went through it with (we apparently royally pissed off a Necron player), and we had some guys from Australia call in one of our buddies games and nuke his Baneblade.

Good stuff, 8/10 would recommend regularly.

For the Emperor, Dark Gods or whatever the fuck you want, read this people.

Well, the Manticore can at least fire once or twice before it dies. The Deathstrike's launch rule makes it quite the lottery machine. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

>As no one is going to eyeball a super nuke

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery

>using actual nukes

What is this, the 2nd millennium? Imperium used nukes to qualm the Krieg rebellion and after 500 years all it did was make them angry. Plasma and vortex warheads, what's where it's at. Keep the current plasma, but remove the launch preparation. Maybe drop the ignores cover so it's not total bullshit. Then give it the option to take vortex warheads.

like the whirlwind.
>it just looks good!

GW could change the rules. But instead they stoped selling the Whirlwind. Its direct only now since years.

>not total bullshit
in a meta where everything is either a monstrous creature, fat tanks, or highly mobile infantry that can just spread out the large blast at STR 10/AP1 is laughable. there's already a reason it never sees any action and it's because it's trash

Does the Tachyon Arrow have Barrage?
If it doesn't you still need line of sight.

Used to be.

Nowadays most people are too spergy/lacking in humor and willingness to do fun shit to allow their tables to be smashed by a nuke from across the seas.

It's kinda sad, really, but the stories around that weapon are largely a thing of the past.

First off, it's not a large blast, it's a 10" blast. Second, do you really want a 160pts. tank to drop an S10 AP1 Ignores Cover 10" blast on your army turn one? How about 3 of them? 9?

Reason you don't see Deathstrikes is because you can't fire it straight away, you have to roll to see if it'd fire this turn.