How much money do you need to live off of dividends?

How much money do you need to live off of dividends?

1000 schrute bux

It depends on your expenses. Not going to be the same for someone in NYC vs rural Poland.

I need to generate $2000/mo to live as a humble NEET

My town? 3000 USD/mo comfortably.

After or before taxes?

About 1 mil.

Judging that it's Veeky Forums, probably before.

Then you only need 250k to 300k with 8 and 10% interest rates respectively.

Is this reliable and relatively safe? I've got that much now.

Sorry reverse those interest rates.

250k @ 10%
or
300k @ 8%

Gives you 2k a month before taxes.

I would say it depends on if you know what you are doing the higher the interest rate. That said combine low risk investments with a part time job would be good enough in a low cost area.

Before

Then see:

>mfw I live in NYC and parents are from Poland
Kurwa ja pierdole

Thank you kind sir.

how do the NEO dividends work?

Or which crypto is good for dividends? I need like 2k a month.

>How much money do you need to live off of dividends?
the number you want a year divided by a sustainable rate of return you think you can get each year a safe bet is 4 to 5%

ARK is the best for dividends

Dude stop working, buy a few acres and live at the poverty line off your interest

250k or 1.2 mil? Which one is this? It makes a big difference. If it's 1.2 mil I need to go buy rope

you can get 10% dividends but how sustainable is that year after year. Return OF capital is also as important as return ON capital

fuck

From my calculations, you can get about 9% returns from a decent etf.
With inflation at about 5.3%, you'd need about 650k to get 2k/month indefinitely.

You get 34 cents a quarter for each 200 dollar coke share.

>crypto
>dividends

pick one

You are all screwed up. First off the stock market investments correct for inflation. They raise prices, increase earnings, stock goes up. Most importantly is yes you shouldn't be using every dollar you get in return. Dont use all 2k a month. Use like 1900 and reinvest a little.

the level of retardedness in here always amazes me

invest in private mortgage lending companies. I work for one that gives 8% on a first and 12% on a second mortgage. 1 year terms and monthly payments. As safe as you will get for those rates of returns

If you want 2k a month, you'd need to buy ARK. Buy ~71.8k and stake it

let me fix that for you:
if you want 2k a month, you'd need to buy ARK. Buy ~7k and stake it, then wait until 2018 when it will x10.

About 10,000 NEO

ARK is the best for dividends. Cant wait for it to take off

ARK