Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Horus Bearesy Edition
Friday night Power Comdey Hour with Tarik Sub-Edition
In the previous thread a new form of Exterminatus was made, just how many attacks loyalist WE need to chew up their papa was listed, beep boop beep boop beep, the Order of The Sigimunds was formed, a newbie got help, which legions were the comfiest was debated and so much more in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiBLgEx6svA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Fist! Thoughts on Phalanx wardens?

Are they worth taking them over breachers?

The Stone Gauntlet: so your Breachers can pretend to be slower Iron Hands Assault squads (under certain conditions)

The way I see them is as Breachers with the option for axes and plasma guns, as well as a boost to WS when charged. Eh, it's a bit of a subtle change.

They keep the +1T in assault, when they're charged. IH -1 to enemy Toughness is only against shooting attacks.

It's fine, threadbro made a better summation than I did.

I forgot about the Order of the Sigismunds.
That was hilarious.

Thanks quad-3.
>Being featured 3 consecutive times on threadbro's summaries
Aaaaaay, I'm on fire!

>They keep the +1T in assault
->
>(under certain conditions)

There's one thing I don't understand about IH Immortals. Are the Volkite snapshots better than the chance to Sweep, especially since they both test for Ld? I don't think so.

By the grace of the Emperor and a full moon on Terra The Order of The Sigismunds may combine their powers to become The One True Sigismund.

>Are the Volkite snapshots better than the chance to Sweep, especially since they both test for Ld?

Nope.

If it was just the option to shoot after victory in assault, and/or it was guaranteed to succeed, it'd be a nice variation on the Terminator no sweeps rule, but the choice is basically between staying put and having a chance to do some damage in doing so, or defeat the whole unit.

I have another question on making that surreal planet guys. It's obvious that it would be a death world with blimp sharks, psychic sharks in the oceans, ammonia and sulfuric acid raining from the sky but would what sort of funk would have it have on the population? Would having semi-sentient shakes screaming in their dreams drive them crazy, or make them immune to psychic funk?

Beep for the Boop God.

How would you improve on the Iron Circle Rules to make them worth taking over Tyrant Terminators?

Give them the ability to deep strike and teleport to Pert?

>Here come the Sigismunds
>It's the Ordo Sigg, uh, here come the Ordo Sigg.
>Here come the Sigismunds,
>They won't let you surrender
>Nah nah nah.

>The good guys are loyal, remember that
>Just in case we ever face to face in close combat
>The title held by me, the-Big-Sigg.
>Means your invulnerable save didn't succeed
>So don't blink be your character there now's gone
>The black swords with the Laurels on
>Walk in Terra, issue a challenge
>Guard the Throneworld against the traitor's violence

>But yo we ain't on no Malcador's list
>We straight serve big E - singled out by our Weapon Skill
>Saw somethin' strange, watch your back
>'Cause you never quite know where the Ordo Sig is at

>Uh, eh

>They're Terra's defenders.
>Oho oho oho
>They won't let you surrender
>Aha, aha

>Now, From the deepest of the Old Night
>On the horizon, bright light enters sight tight
>Bolt rounds zoom, on the impending doom
>But then like BOOM Templar Troops fill the room up

>With extra Initiative, assault with the enemies
>Slayer of Kings, Dolorous Fighter
>Enemy Warlords become my VP's
>We're the Imperial Fists, can we please

>Do what we say, that's they way we kick it
>D'ya know what I mean
>I see my Black Sword get wicked on ya

>We're your first, last and only line of defense
>Against the traitor scum of the universe
>So don't fear us, cheer us
>If you ever get near us, don't jeer us, we're Fearless

>Ordo Sig freezin' up all the flack
>What's "Sig" stand for?
>SI-GIS-MUND

youtube.com/watch?v=fiBLgEx6svA

2+, Deep Strike, and transportability.

They're already expensive, but their armour resistance is lower than those of meatbags less than half their size, which makes no sense. They're already expensive enough to exceed a TS squad for value for their cost.

The most obvious flaw is their lack of mobility.
Being able to deep strike would be great, but since Dreads can fit in drop pods and even some other vehicles, it'd be stupid if you couldn't shove at least one in a drop pod or a land raider.

Eternal Warrior and fearless would be good, though I don't remember the rules of MCs well at all, so these might be covered already.

Thanks for the laugh, user, but there's one issue. The video's not available in my country. Just how a Men in Black video isn't available in Freedom Land is beyond me. Well night, guys. Don't let the bed Scoria bite. Hopefully the full moon will be in tactical assault mode to keep me safe.

I don't get it, it's the official source. Fucking Kelbor Hal.
Sleep tight user, may Autek's Moon protect you from scoriapions.

Thanks. Sweet dreams, Veeky Forums!

They're already Fearless (and cause Fear), but they don't have EW. I'd prefer a 3++ over a regular 2+ desu.
And being able to deepstrike by themselves, of course. If we need to pay for that then we'd be better off with a Land Raider SQUADRON.

Sup guys, so I just started my World Eaters formal project's phase one. I had about 1500 painted before this but am getting right into the swing of things now.

Over the next few months I'll be making 4000+ points of World Eaters. I'll post updates everynow and then and ask rules questions as I learn. For now though I will leave you with my new Contemptor. I posted the axe on here a month or so ago but finally just got to put it to use.

Cheers mates! Keep on killin!

Shit is came out sideways! Here is hoping it comes out better...

Adamantium Will fo sho. Maybe Deny the Witch on an effective 4+, like some sort of psychic Catachan. With Miral Skysharks

That armor is embossed, not engraved.

What loadouts do people use for contemptors? I'm thinking of fielding 3 with my Maru Skara and I want them all to be uniquely kitted out based on potential roles in life. My thoughts were
>Chainfist and CCW, heavy flamers, havoc launcher, and extra armour
Some sort of terminator veteran in life, possibly phoenix guard or a captain
>Twin-linked Volkite culverin, CCW
Probably a veteran of Terra who was used to volkite weapons
>Autocannon and CCW
Probably a line captain or first company sergeant, good all rounder with no particular specialization
Gamewise my only real need is for them to be able to kill tanks since my list is infantry heavy and lacks much in the way of anti-tank.

If you're going to do that you might as well join a forum or facebook group. Also might want to make your photos B&W so people won't immediately recognize you're buying recasts.

The only reason the tripfag is posting here is because he is using recasts.

No, just sweep.

Yeah, let them deep strike. Done and done.

>Men in black.
Isn't that the Salamanders?

That is one helluva can opener.

Hi, I'm new to the Warhammer 40k and I really want to get an army or squad together. The grey knights caught my eye and was wondering if they're any good?

Good is objective, friend. You've found yourself in a Horus Heresy thread, I'm afraid. Similar idea, but there are no grey knights here.

You should have better luck in the 40k general.

Thanks friend appreciate the response

Beep Beep, worst Primarch coming through.

>Knelt at the sight of the emperor and cried tears, where they fell flowers grew in the dead soil
What a little bitch

>Commanded his legion with such skill he was considered runner up for Warmaster
>it should have been him
Second place is first loser L M A O

>Trusted Horus and walked right into Signus
Dumbass

>Legs broken by Ka'Bandah, killed him anyway
What a jobber

>Held the Eternity Gate for three days and nights
Couldn't even delegate, shit leader

>Went to his fate aboard the Vengeful Spirit despite seeing the future and knowing he would die.
Again, dumbass

>Worshipped as a saint and loved by all in the Imperium 10,000 years later
Such a failure that he became a religious idol, the express opposite of the goals of the Great Crusade and what got his dad killed.

Truly, worst fucking Primarch.

That's not Magnus though

Add to the list:

>Couldn't even kill Curze when Curze was literally standing in front of him arms spread wide asking him to do it
Not even man enough to kill

>Doing what Curze wants
Shiggy diggy beepy boopy.

>Read the Girlyman Primarch novel
>Girlyman is haunted by he has done
>The destruction of Lorgar's city filled him with guilt. Such beauty and wonder gone
>The look of distraught over Lorgar's face and the despair of the city's people stuck with him
>This causes him to stop the exterminatus of an Ork infested world because it contains the ruins of a human city
>He vows to defeat the Orks and take the ruins
>He vows that he will rebuild that city to glory in order to wash the stigma and guilt of being destroyers from the Ultramarines, and return to being what they were meant to be builders.

The Emperor sure likes to traumatize his sons. He should have picked Russ or Angron for the job

I hate loyalists, they're largely a bunch of pussies, and even I can't bring myself to hate Sanguinius. Guilliman sure, Ferrus maybe, Lion possibly. But not Sanguinius.

Blood Angels get a lot of hate, some of it is deserved but they're nowhere near the worst.

At least he didn't listen to Erebus, the sketchiest fucker in the Imperium, like some other baldy chump.

Alright, picking up a betrayal at calth box in the next few weeks to start an Iron Warriors army, aside from ordering a heavy weapons kit or two from FW, does anyone have suggestions of what to expand the army with? Quad mortars maybe?

Medusas.

Looks like there isnt a scan of the updated legions book, or is it just not in the OP? Anyway does anybody have screenshots of the new World Eaters book?

Also any ideas on how to make chainaxes work with the B@C marines? Might be a bad idea since the arms are made for bolters

>Tfw your favorite ebay recaster is ded

Only plebs order through ebay and not direct user.

>Direct

You mean Z? Cause he's the only one I can get anything out of and his stuff is garbage, even at 80% off retail.

Some of the guys on ebay do some really good work in decent resin for like 40-50% off

get pillpitts info, only got a single test model from him so far but the mini was perfect and also cheaper than everybody but Z ( who has far inferior Quality)

I'm talking about the guy who used to be WarDream and CCON.

Also you probably don't realize that the guys on ebay are just reselling recasters' works.

>40-50% off

Holy shit, you're paying that much for recasts?

Surprised people are still dumb enough to sell recasts on ebay. Way too much of a paper trail.

Ive tried several times to get at those guys but they never respond

>Tfw have unlimited access to Z but dont want him
>Mfw I see people beg for Z's info

Thats bog standard for forgeworld recasts on ebay. Unless you go for bottom of the barrel shit like stephen which is just Z resold for double the price

Surprised you can't get CCON to respond, he responds in usually under 24 hours.

what book?

I read somewhere that Horus killed two primarchs, the first one is Sanguinius, but who's the second?

Or Ferrus.

Himself.

We get a lot of little newfriends getting lost on the way to the 40k general here.

Should we add a big disclaimer to the thread saying something like "WE ARENT /40kg/"?

where can I buy this? amazon says the release date is 25th Oct 2016

You can't. It has been sold out. Try Amazon.

I meant Ebay*

There are no Grey Knights on Fenris. Wait....

Gib axe

No, it's already pretty clear that it's the HORUS HERESY. Adding more junk to the OP won't make people pay more attention.

It's the Talon of Horus, in the book that shares the name. The second primarch killed by it may be, as the other user already said, Horus, but I'm not sure that counts since it was a clone, even though it was as close to perfect as possible.

Oh I see. Cloning primarchs, the third legion are nuts.

I told Fabius to clone Horus and he actually did it!

Absolute madman

Thanks, user. What sort of resources would the planet have? Otherwise what would the Emperor want from this world? To shut up every psychic creature in the ocean from the Sharks to the kelp?
>No, YOU suck my dick, I'm the Man Emperor of Mankind!

>What a little bitch
He was in touch with his emotions.
>idiot
How was he suppose to know? He and Horus were close and what reason did he have not to trust Horus?
>Couldn't even delegate, shit leader
Right let's get Dorn who's not the best fighter to hold the gate when he should be making repairs to fortifications, or the Khan when he should be going fast at hit and run.
>Such a failure that he became a religious idol, the express opposite of the goals of the Great Crusade and what got his dad killed.
Just how is he going to stop that? Did someone take a hammer to your head?

Are lists with very heavy reliance on flyers considered cheesy?

Of course. Make the Emperor seem worse.

I figured it was. I need to learn how to distinguish non-bait heresy to wake up over, and bait heresy to wake up over.

Probably, considering how strong 30K flyers are and how most skyfire platforms aren't too strong.

Except the Mastodon. Mastodon stronk.

It's alright, papa sang is my primarchfu too so I can see how a post like that would get someone all riled up.

The actaul title of worst primarch is joint held by Magnus and Russ

I would say Word Bear Prime is the worst.

Shame because i was toying around with idea of WB with a large number of gunships and airsupport for a nice Angels of death vibe.

And Lorgar.

Best primarch and legion coming through, mad smurf mary sue 14 year olds ahoy

AT LAST, BACK TO THREAD.

This surreal world of yours, would you consider it a death world, Catachan-style? I mean, Miral Skysharks.
Because even from such hellholes, like Catachan, Krieg or Barbarus, they can contribute the Imperium with their hardened people
And almost all worlds have some sort of mineral wealth to them. I was thinking of stuff similar to Cameron's Pandora, with less spess pocahontas and more "This is Unobtanium, it's worth 1 000 000 000 per kilo", and floating mountains where the SKYSHARKS can hunt.

But a Deny-on-4+ army can be nice. That's one of the AL Mutable Tactics (maybe they recruit from there too?)

Ingethel gestured with its two left arms. ‘Do you see the warriors clad in cardinal red?’ Lorgar couldn’t fail to see them. An entire Legion unknown to him, their bolters crashing as they
advanced in mixed ranks with the bellowing Neverborn. Imperial Fists fell back before them, their numbers diminishing with each passing moment.‘They are the Bearers of the Word.’ ‘They…’‘Yes, Lorgar. They are.’ And they were. His Legion, his own loyal sons, armoured in a shade of spilled blood and oxidised iron. Prayer scrolls marked their armour, their piety declared with defiance even as the parchments were ripped and scorched in the heat of battle. Many helms bore horns in mimicry of officer crests,
and every shoulder guard showed a daemon’s twisted visage, wrought in blackened bronze.
Watching them brought their chants to life. Who were these warriors, to adorn themselves in skulls and daemons’ faces, chanting ritual verse as they advanced? What had become of his Legion? Ingethel pried the thoughts from Lorgar’s mind. ‘The future holds many changes, primarch.’

Yeah, it's a shame skyfire isn't easier to get as 30k has some tasty flyers, I'd say more than 2 or 3 is probably a bit much depending on how much AA your opponent's bringing.

I get interred in my Bednought and this is what happens? Bait and Heresy run rampant on this thread. Find me a score of loyal posters, strong and true, who may wish to avoid shitposting.

>Mortis Dreads
>Deredeo
>Quad guns in fort
>Heavy weapons squads with flakk
>Xiphon interceptors
Say, what do you want for AA, enlighten me

Doom guy vs Primarch

who wins?

>I'm going to make a primarch with a zealous and fanatical nature
>but if he tries worshiping me or anyone else, ohoho there's going to be trouble

Emperor Logic right there folks. And you people say he should be the leader of mankind?

Also blame he chucklefuck duo, Erebus and Kor Phaeron for what happened to Lorgar

I would say it's Catchan levels of dangerous. Yes there are blimp sharks and psychic sharks but it's not like they're working together to aloha snackbar population centers. As for the material wealth that is going to be a thing but I guess the planet could be good for research. Kelp's psycho-reactive, fish eat the kelp, fish get eaten by sharks and sharks become psykers. Fish get eaten by people people become psykers.

>implying accepting the primordial truth and trying to bring humanity to ascension with the holy synergy of the empyrean is bad

Read nigga!

Yeah, but not everyone is going to be taking all of those and tailoring for the specific purpose of a massed flyer list, hence why I said a list of mostly flyers is probably cheesy

literally nothing wrong with this

Doomguy would rip apart a deamon-Primarch and wouldn't attack an undeamon-Primarch.

The Warp (Hell)

He wanted to raise a Crusader dumbfuck, an atheist one (Stalin killed millions? Who says atheism can't kill), but Chaos delivered him onto a church's doorsteps

Ohh, so they are resistant to wichtery because they're a whole planet of witches?

>THIS IS THE REASON WHY I ONLY RECRUIT FROM BARBARUS

*Rams it with a starship*

I was actually planning on always bringing 2 Aiolos Deredeos (2 Lightnings and a StormEagle killed per turn), but I'm trying the "The bomber will always get through" approach.

But, given how killed a Spartan with a single Krak Lightning volley, I might consider a Deredeo + something again.

Not exactly. It could go either way. Living on nothing but psychic flounder and clown fish might end up making Bob immune to psychic powers but Greg becomes a psyker when he tried Bob's diet.

GREETING Veeky Forums
COULD YOU HUMANS KINDLY PICK A LEGION THAT WOULD BEST SUIT ME AND MY USELESS BROTHER?

I'm aware it could go either way. But the Imperium isn't known for taking chances, not even the magnificent Hawkboy.
Beg that the KSons find your planet first and aren't called to use their own psychic resistance to destroy them, lest Mortarion find them instead.
After all, the huge amount of psykers only invites chaos and corruption.

Assassins in 30k when?

AFTER SATURNINE AND FURIBUNDUS
They'll probably be Agents of the Emperor.

Either Iron Warriors or World Eaters for you, all caps man.

weren't they the same as they are in 40k?

I want to add sisters of silence and a culexus just to see the look on all the thousand wrongs players faces

The real question is how daemons haven't flooded the planet yet. I was going to include this planet for a Moon Wolf's backstory on how he became a psyker.