MTG 3CB

So its a new format called 3 card blind,you dont die for being unable to draw,there is a banlist that prevents you from playing rack rack ghost quarter and similar shit,what do you think and what would you make ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/forum-games/forum-magic/440980-vanishing-3cb-round-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So no land destruction or prison decks? Sounds like a safe space format to me

N Card Magic/Blind has existed for probably over a decade. It's not really an actual format, it's just a theoretical exercise in meta gaming in accordance to banlist changes and variant rules. You don't 'play' it as you would a game of Magic.

TL;DR of the format: Players make decks with 3 cards and then play out two deterministic games assuming each player has perfect information, once on the player and once on the draw. You score points according to how well you fare against each other deck.

Force of Will, Misthollow Griffon, Black Lotus?

Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Leyline of the Meek

Hearthstone did a pretty cool version of this recently. You would pick two cards and the game would make a 30 card deck filled with 15 of each. Doesn't quite work in magic with lands and no hero power, but it could be possible.

What two cards in Magic work the best together Veeky Forums?

>Channel Fireball

Saprazzan Skerry
Storm Crow
Boomerang

Black Lotus
Channel
Desolation Twin

Chancellor of the Annex
Student of Warfare
Plains

Swamp
Gravecrawler
Gravecrawler

>new

2x Black Lotus
Barren Glory

Hilariously, the only format in which doesn't win.

Counter their shit, sit on three blue mana with Griffin in exile?

Forbidden Orchard
Goblin Guide
Spell Pierce/Path/etc.

The TCB banlist is
Abandon Hope
Balance
Barren Glory
Blackmail
Cabal Therapy
Coercion
Form of the Dragon
Ghost Quarter
Glacial Chasm
Leonin Squire
Meddling Mage
Mesmeric Fiend
Nezumi Shortfang
Pulse of the Dross
Restore Balance
Show and Tell
Strip Mine
The Rack
Thoughtseize
Wasteland

So no

Chronomaton
Daze
Island

>Forbidden Orchard

Just speed up the whole thing and use a fastland.

Hickory Woodlot
Hickory Woodlot
Thrun, the Last Troll

Orchard is required to stop Barren Glory. It folds to pretty much anything else.

Barren Glory is illegal.

I thought you were supposed to make your own banlist, as the rounds went on? I had no idea there's an official banlist for 3CB

Lion's Eye Diamond
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
Shelldock Isle

>banlist
Usually when people run 3CB games they do multiple rounds with the banlist building over time. The most common one I've seen is something like "The cards used by the winner along with anything used by [3] or more players are banned", and usually one runs 3CB with some hook (e.g. "You may spend life as mana").

Black Lotus
Channel
Fireball
Most effective 3 card combo.

Alternatively, to prevent dying to this combo, a counter comes in the form of
FoW
Misthollow Griffin
Black Lotus

Other 3cb decks I can think of off the top of my head either lose to the first and are slower than it, so are not sensible plays or aren't as effective as countering the first as the second while still having a wincon.

Aren't banlists in NCB determined as a tournament progresses, with winning decks banned out?

There isn't, he's presumably just talking about his particular 3CB meta?

mtgsalvation.com/forums/forum-games/forum-magic/440980-vanishing-3cb-round-1
It's existed since MT over a decade ago.

My favorite card in 3CM is probably Tabernacle, but I think the coolest overall deck is
>Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
>Shelldock Isle
>Lion's Eye Diamond

There's no official banlist, it all comes down to the particular game.
I wonder when the MTGSalv Wiki banlist was last updated. Chancellor of the Annex and Laboratory Maniac are pretty common inclusions where I play.

How are these not useless?
1: Lotus grants GGG or RRR in this instance you cast either Channel or Fireball (or am I missing something?)

2. Griffin is 4 cmc, lotus grants UUU. Again, nothing happens (except for FoW)

>Shelldock Isle
das cray yo

Memnite
Black Lotus
Gilded Drake

I prefer the Skerry version, since you could run a boomerang or vapor snag instead of Memnite, but it folds to T1 Ulamog.

Yeah, Ulamog Isle is a bitch to deal with

Isochron Scepter
Lightning Helix
City of Traitors

You're not, I just have a poor memory. Makes the whole exercise actually more interesting than I first thought.

And even if you did do Storage Land/Griffin/FoW, it's still a really poor deck, since their opponent can just tie the game, forcing you to tap out to play the Griffin and not be able to hold up FoW (or have the game end in a tie.) It's also why Rack/Rack/Ghost Quarter in the OP would be a terrible deck even if it was legal: It can't force a victory against any deck.

Force of Will/Snapback/Chancellor of the Forge is the typical FoW deck I believe.

Swap Fireball for Emrakul and it works

Peat Bog
Sinkhole
Ravenous Rats

Like that discard. I was gonna be creative with this, but fuck it:

3x Memnite

lol

Black Lotus
Lab Maniac
Street Wraith

Is it still new a decade after introduction.

Research/Development
Simic Growth Chamber
[Land of your choice]
SB:
[Four card combo of your choice]

Chancellor of the Dross and Serum Powder.