Tfw no fantasy setting will ever do African-inspired fantasy as well and as fresh as Guild Wars: Nightfall

>tfw no fantasy setting will ever do African-inspired fantasy as well and as fresh as Guild Wars: Nightfall

Other urls found in this thread:

jeremyvarner.com/blog/2016/03/alternative-mythologies-south-africa-the-lozi/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Redguards,_Their_History_and_Their_Heroes
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Notes_For_Redguard_History
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:From_The_Memory_Stone_of_Makela_Leki
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Divad_the_Singer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imaro. It's black Conan

>mfw

WEon genesis KANGvangelions an' sheeit.

In broad strokes, do you mean North African or Sub-Saharan African? Because culturally and racially these two are vastly distinct. North Africa has a decent amount, mostly Egyptian mythology and Islam.

From the context I imagine you meant Sub-Saharan, though.

your fucking SJW lobby already succeeded in getting black people into skyrim, what more do you want?

Redguards have been in the Elder Scrolls series since Arena. That was the 90's. They're not new.

They're not technically human. They're also Mary Sues now, but thankfully Kirkbride's wank on that level isn't in the games yet.

Redguards were in the game since Elder Scrolls: Arena, the first game.

Back to
with you.

Redguards in Elder Scrolls are jedi pirate industrialists with memory magic

They are still men, them being from different Kalpa-ish doesn't change that.
And no, Shehai is ingame and he has not wanked anything much further about them OOG that would make their ingame any more OP.
They are canonically wielders of strongest tonal art after Dwemer.

>implying he's not false flagging

I'm pol as fuck and Redguards are awesome. They're the few people I'm willing to stand beside, as a Nord.

Behead cat-jews, though.

I feel like Degenesis does an alright job at post Apoc African culture/crazy shit. Refreshing at least, shame about some of the other tribes.

I seriously hope you're memeing, even if it's poorly done.

>Khajiit
>Jews
They are gypsie poor fucks.
Altmer are the ones making world domination schemes.

Don't confuse the /pol/tard with facts.

The Shehai isn't what I'm talking about. It's the whole "Way better than everyone else, so cool they can jump between Kalpas!" stuff.

Degenesis just makes no fucking sense, though. If the lower half of Africa gets wrecked by comets and the Northern Half becomes habitable, most of its inhabitants are fucking dead and there's nothing anyway to stop the "Northern Hemisphere Civilizations" to just conquer northern Africa when everything gets fucked up up north.

Nightfall's got some broadstrokes North Africa, a bit of Sub-Saharan, and Near/Middle East.

Are those guys in the OP from it? Because they sure don't look North African.

Definitely not gonna disagree with you, shit's stupid in so many ways, but I like the feel of the setting and it does some interesting things. Shame you can't play as Homo Degenesis though, especially since even in canon they've worked with regular humans. The hivers even trade with human settlements.

Read Satakal lore and Far Shores
it's all ingame

Well it's pretty sad that level of wank is in the game then.

I know that feel bro.

But user, most settings already have orcs

what part of 'Homo Degensis is part of a alien superorganism that in reality wants to eventually get rid of humans' is hard to understand and if you're talking about the pheromancers they don't 'trade' they simply dont care about scrap and would just as soon as take your mind over/make you ant chow if you look at them funny. The only other Degenesis that is non-hostile are the pre-cogs who likely living in different time streams at once.

There is nothing "African" about any of those guys except that they are black.

Oh boy I know where your argument is going.

>The expansion that started to truly ruin GW was the african one
>The citizens that started to truly ruin every nation who's taken them were africans

COINCIDENCE?

Kournan scum.
The Am-Fah and Jade Brotherhood were great. I miss GW1.

>ctrl+f "nyambe"
>0 Results

c'mon anons, nyambe is fucking awesome

tell me more

>African-inspired fantasy
>posts Portugese people

>African-inspired

Africa, as a continent, has always been - in the words of the Africans themselves - a shitty place with almost no redeeming qualities. Without googling outlier minutiae, all of the "cool" African stuff seems related to Anglo romanticisings of Egyptian myths and Arabian nights. Entire nations of the modern non-Arab "indiginous peoples" there are about half a meal away from cannibalism and seem downright proud of their economic savagery.

That said, with most areas being impoverished members of the warlord-of-the-month club, arable lands poisoned under abandoned oil rigs, rampant rustling, poaching, piracy, machete genocides and people shitting in the streets, the post-apoc settings almost write themselves ...

>all of the "cool" African stuff seems related to Anglo romanticisings of Egyptian myths and Arabian Nights
>Arabian Nights
>African

So what you're saying is only North Africans are interesting.

WE

Why do blacks obsess over "muh representation"? I can play as a white guy, a woman, a robot, a skeleton, a demon and a fucking dog just fine. Are people really this uncreative?

>ctrl+f "represent"
>1 result
Nobody's talking about "representation" ITT but you

Not specifically in this thread, but in general.

High fantasy across not-Africa, featuring tons of mythological beasties from multiple cultures, a neat setting overall.
The only problem with it is that it's only in 3rd edition/3.5, but really its worth reading if you can get your hands on it. Remember to consult your poison-oracle before adventuring.

Because it will be done by white people and as offensive as Legend of the Five rings. Only people will care and string up the company for trying.

I sort of feel like the 90s were the last chance for an Afro-centric setting to get any sort of traction, since they were all about that shit back then, with the world music, New Primitives, and stuff. I suppose we'll have to wait for it to come back around in the 2010s or 2020s, though.

Legend of the five rings is offensive?

This may be a surprise to you, but people of other races can learn to understand, respect, celebrate, and love each other. A white person can know enough about Africa to write an adventure setting based on it.

I swear you people are the new segregationists.

Also hint: Most black people you're going to find into RPGs know just about as much, and have as much connection to, Zulu tribesmen or what-have-you as most of the whites. Being black doesn't instantly give you a degree in the religious history of Africa.

Not really. They put a lot of research into it, and generally cultures are pretty happy about fair and well-researched representation. The Japanese are pretty big on this specifically.

Internet white knights like the guy he's quoting don't care about how real Japanese people actually feel, he wants to feel good about himself for defending an imaginary person's feelings.

I don't know if this is an elaborate form of racism or an essentially accurate description

Rokugan is fine and not offensive, but you're actually lying if you say it's well researched. Wick half remembered a Kurosawa movie and made a setting based on it. It just so happened that it was a really good Kurosawa movie.

>one of the most populated parts of Africa is the Northern coast
>Europe is literally thrown into the stone age while North Africa gets at least a couple years of free looting all the tech and scraps
>Scourgers build up armed forces and Neolibyans set up banks and businesses
>Access to oil and gasoline aplenty
>bend the Europeans over and hold gas while making guns and training more military
>fuck over France and Italy by sending in dudes to scrap the remains the crippled european scrappers can't really do anything about it

You're seriously confused how the Africans wouldn't just be "conquered?" The best military in Europe is either the Anabaptists (they don't really care about Africa and want to fight Jehemmeds) and the Hellvetics, who don't involve themselves without hefty payments. In fact the last time someone started shit with Africa, almost half of Spain ended up in their possession.

>memory magic

explain

My friend researches this kind of shit religiously and has a series of write-ups that take a look into the various indigenous African cultures and religions. Hes not a fa/tg/uy but he has similar interests.

Here's one for example

jeremyvarner.com/blog/2016/03/alternative-mythologies-south-africa-the-lozi/

>Kamunu watched this and tried to forge his own tools the way Nyambe had. But as he finished his creation he ended up crafting a spear in the process. Though Nyambe’s tools were all for sowing and harvesting crops, Kamunu had forged the first weapon for hunting. And, believing that to be the purpose, Kamunu used it on an antelope and ate it. As anyone today knows, however, once you’ve eaten one animal, it’s a bit hard to stop – because animals are delicious.

Well Redguards used tonal magic known as Shehai Shen She Ru, which is weeb spiritual reality warping via war songs and battlecries that warp reality.
Once you become Ansei which means Sword Saint you can forge a Shehai, which is basically a lighstaber made out of your own soul.
And once you are even bigger Ansei with help of Shehai you can do techniques like Pankratosword which is basically a nuke, but that needs multiple Ansei.

Since it's hard to teach a lot of that shit they used tonal magic to warp memory of said techniques into stones called Memory stones and generally it seems to be possible to pass memory with Shehai Shen She Ru related Old Ways magic.

Shehai does not work anymore because Orchilaic tower has been broken and that was the latest crux of it's power. Until Redguards rebuild or build something similar (which won't happen because a lot of the info about said arts was lost) Shehai Shen She Ru will be lost.
Only way for anyone in current Era to use Shehai techniques is to be a HoonDing which is incarnation of Redguard deity of "Make Way", literally an unstoppable force deity, or to be somehow blessed by Diagna.

The techniques that Shehai have demonstrated include but are not limited to
>resetting enemy attacks so that they can block them
>swinging blade so fast that it looks like as if you are holding thousand blades
>being able to cut anything
>ritual that end with multiple Ansei cutting particles which causes a nuke blast to happen
Though some of this is out of game.

Here are sources
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Redguards,_Their_History_and_Their_Heroes
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Notes_For_Redguard_History
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:From_The_Memory_Stone_of_Makela_Leki
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Divad_the_Singer
There is more but rest of the books are mostly about Redguard deities like Satakal and mention Sword Singing as a side thing

I actually stole this idea for a Jojo stand whose power was that he could split anything . His ultimate move was/would have been splitting an atom, something he would only be able to do once for obvious reasons

Jade brotherhood 4 lyf